It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Dissolves Government

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Putin Dissolves Government

www.foxnews.com

Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Fradkov asked the Kremlin to dissolve his government, Russian news agencies reported, with less than three months remaining before parliamentary elections.

Fradkov made the decision based on "the approaching major political events in the country and a desire to give the president full freedom in making decisions, including personnel," Fradkov was quoted by ITAR-Tass as saying. A Kremlin spokesman could not immediately comment on the report.

(visit the link for the full news article)

bbc story

[edit on 12-9-2007 by future flow]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
this is a developing story so sorry for the lack of info so far...
i dont know what this means....but it doesnt feel good lol just my opinion though...

edit-fox and friends is reporting that puttin has disolved the government.no more info at this time though.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Future flow good find.

There are two possibility's the first is that an election has been called and that dissolving the government is standard proceeder.
The second possibility is that Putin is taking another step towards appointing himself the dictator of Russia. Putin is already starting to recreate the Cold War environment which is the last thing that is needed.

Were just going to have to see how this one plays out.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
its a normal thing in Russia.

The government tends to resigns before the President elections, allows the Russian President to appoint members who he favours as the next President.

This is nothing odd.

[edit]

The title is misleading, Putin has not dissolved the government. The Russian Prime Minister has resigned and Putin has accepted it.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
EDIT-

Ah!

So, this is nothing to worry about? Normal and everything's hunky dory?

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Zanzibar]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Well it's all in motion now isn't it?

Russia headed by a dictator and America seemingly mobilizing nuclear action against Iran.

This is not good.

again,

It's not

This is a common thing in Russia before the President elections.

Nothing odd or worrying here.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Nothing odd or worrying here.

Right, good.

I was kind of worried there for a few minutes!

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Zanzibar]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
EDIT-

Ah!

So, this is nothing to worry about? Normal and everything's hunky dory?

Yes,

The same thing happens in the United Kingdom. Before a general election, the Prime Minister visits the Head of State, the Queen, and asks her to dissolve parliament.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

i did not intend to mislead with the title but it is the title of the article in the link.

that bieng said regardless of wheather its normal or not....there could be underlying consequenses...at least in my opinion

but thanks for clearing that up i too was worried im still young lol dont know the typicals of overseas politics.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Not 3 months before elections.

Just what are "approaching major political events".

Not good at all

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by future flow
that bieng said regardless of wheather its normal or not....there could be underlying consequenses...at least in my opinion

How though?

This is a normal thing in most parliamentary systems. All Putin will do is appoint new members to the government who he favours, one of them will be the candidate he wants to become the next President of the Russian Federation.

Nothing odd.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   

how is because he has full control.or am i wrong? wich i could be...but if he is in control it could mean that certin thing are in action to bring russia into a dictatorship or a countless number of other things...like i said though i may be ingnorant to the facts.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Not 3 months before elections.

Just what are "approaching major political events".

Not good at all

Again,

Read what I've been posting.

The Russian President will appoint new members to the government. It was the Russian Prime Minister who resigned the government.

Why are you trying to make a doom and gloom story when this is a normal practice?

It's a normal constitutional practice for their republic.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   

how is because he has full control.or am i wrong? wich i could be...but if he is in control it could mean that certin thing are in action to bring russia into a dictatorship or a countless number of other things...like i said though i may be ingnorant to the facts.

He can't.

The Russian President is ruled by the Constitution, like the US President. Putin has ruled out running for President again, even though members of his party want him to.

Putin hasn't altered the Constitution of Russia.

He will now nominate new cabinet ministers.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   

the reason i say putin disolved it is because thats what is being reported..and it seems as though you know your stuff so i wont worry...but i will keep my eyes on this...it seems like a big deal to me ive not heard of this before.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Everyone, read this...problem solved.

I've just been reading the Russian Constitution.

Article 116

The Government of the Russian Federation shall resign before a newly-elected President of the Russian Federation.

Article 117

1. The Government of the Russian Federation may offer to resign and the President of the Russian Federation either shall accept or reject the resignation.

2. The President of the Russian Federation may take a decision on the resignation of the Government of the Russian Federation.

www.constitution.ru...

no need to be scared now.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

cool beans thanks for the info.youve been very helpfull in eleviating my worries lol...now i must sleep...if its cool imma add you as a friend.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Stop being condescending, it's very annoying

I've obviously read what you posted, I just think that dissolving parliament 3 months before elections seems slightly suspicious, especially in light of current Russian posturing.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Freeborn]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   

cool beans thanks for the info.youve been very helpfull in eleviating my worries lol...now i must sleep...if its cool imma add you as a friend.

And the government is staying in place until Putin has appointed a new one.

I just think that dissolving parliament 3 months before elections seems slightly suspicious, especially in light of cuurent Russian posturing.

Freeborn

Have you even bothered to look at my last post? I showed evidence from the Russian Constitution that this is a legal requirement.

So, I don't see how it's suspicious.

Why can't you see that?

And, the government is staying in place until it's replacement has been confirmed by the Russian Parliament.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

dont get mad its okay. if dude doesnt think its a big deal thats his perogitive...if you do like me...then you'll keep your eye on developments.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join