It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 ATS related questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
(1) why 3500 ATS points to view really above top secret thread? I have been a member of this board for a month now and I keep reading how its members strive to spead knowledge. Then, 8 posts and 51 ATS points later, it seems like I will never be able to see what is, in fact, really above top secret. Maybe its just me, but denying access in this way seems illogical - especially for a website such as ATS

(2) I've googled a bit in search of other websites similar to this one in its content, but to no avail. Anyone know of other interesting ATS like pages?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ljbako
(1) why 3500 ATS points to view really above top secret thread? I have been a member of this board for a month now and I keep reading how its members strive to spead knowledge. Then, 8 posts and 51 ATS points later, it seems like I will never be able to see what is, in fact, really above top secret. Maybe its just me, but denying access in this way seems illogical - especially for a website such as ATS

(2) I've googled a bit in search of other websites similar to this one in its content, but to no avail. Anyone know of other interesting ATS like pages?

1. Its purely a fee so that search engine bots and trollers can't get instant access, RATS is designed to be for the more sensitive topics that people may not feel comfortable appearing on the internet proper.

2. ATS is the best, but if you want to climb down the ladder i'd suggest www.blackvault.com

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
1) "Really Above Top Secret" is a forum where members who are experienced in ATS (hence the points needed to "buy in") can post topics that must remain from the prying eyes of search engine spiders. ATS is spidered by Google and others on a weekly basis... it's for topics that are best kept "Really Above Top Secret" during open discussion by members. 2) We're the best, ignore the rest.
Actually, there are several others of note: BlackVault.com rises to the top of the list, as well as: www.rense.com... www.rumormillnews.com... But ATS tends to maintain a healthy balance of skepticism and critical research with our conspiracy-theory discussion. Some of these other sources have less of a balance.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

1. Its purely a fee so that search engine bots and trollers can't get instant access, RATS is designed to be for the more sensitive topics that people may not feel comfortable appearing on the internet proper.

2. ATS is the best, but if you want to climb down the ladder i'd suggest www.blackvault.com

thanks for the info. I am just searching for knowledge, the more the merrier. I love this site, dont get me wrong, but I want in that thread!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

ATS is the best, but if you want to climb down the ladder i'd suggest www.blackvault.com

Whoa. That's a low blow.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Questor

ATS is the best, but if you want to climb down the ladder i'd suggest www.blackvault.com

Whoa. That's a low blow.

Hey, i coulda said "if you want to wallow in the intellectual gutter then visit rense"

BV is one of the better ones, rense/rumormill etc are terrible in most aspects... theres only one thing i can say....

Stick with ATS

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
1. You'll likely be disappointed in RATS if you spend the points... Realize that it's just a place to post to avoid bots, trolls, etc. If you're looking for positive proof of who shot JFK, proof of the alien coverup, etc. you're going to be disappointed....

2. The ones mentioned are right up there, but ATS is still the best... You'll also see quite a few references to pravda.com, but keep in mind, they're pretty tabloid. For news, (other than our own of course) try skynews...

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
1. You'll likely be disappointed in RATS if you spend the points... Realize that it's just a place to post to avoid bots, trolls, etc. If you're looking for positive proof of who shot JFK, proof of the alien coverup, etc. you're going to be disappointed....

2. The ones mentioned are right up there, but ATS is still the best... You'll also see quite a few references to pravda.com, but keep in mind, they're pretty tabloid. For news, (other than our own of course) try skynews...

Actually...I was pretty happy with the way i spent my 3500 points to get into RATS

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i also wish there was a better way to search for information - it seems like all the avaliable search engines out there continually spew forth crap instead of webpages relevant to my search criteria

i guess im just being pissy today

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Its not fair, its not fair!

I want RATS but don't have enough points...

1) Can any points rich member lend me 2000 points please?

2) I made 2 very good suggestions recently...
Now, I think suggestions are extremly valuable little things, that help us all enjoy ATS more. In view of this, I would put a price tag of at least 1000 points per suggestion. (If the suggestions aren't used, that's between you and your God, but the points should stand).

3) Witty humor should also receive a high sprinkling of points, as it gives a boost to your day.

Well I guess I got something for posting this at least, didn't I?

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
ljbako!..

I wouldn't get discouraged quite yet. I know you may REALLY want to get into RATS, but have you searched all the other interesting archives ATS has to offer?. I would look at the 3500 point thing to be more of a quality control measure. I don't think it has anything to do with witholding information

As far as the points thing goes... I don't know what to tell you. I am pretty new to this site as well. Not that I have alot of points, but it really isn't that difficult to start aquiring points.
I'm not sure how the mods exactly distribute points, But I've noticed that there are a few things you can do to help.

Post links..... I've noticed when I reply to a thread with good topic related links I seem to aquire more points.

Original ideas.....Not that I'm any better at coming up with them, But I would imagine a well thought out and presented reply is going to get more more points awarded than a ...."Ya I think it's fake"......post, without any evidence to proove why you think it's fake. Or a really good reason why you think so.

Start your own threads.....Starting your own original thread is a good way to acumulate points. For instance . From what I understand the more replies to your thread the more points awarded to you.

Also if you really want to get them points stacked up Try posting a thread on the Breaking Alternative News forum. You get more points for replies than any other forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck

To the mods.. i hope all this information is accurate . Please correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

i also wish there was a better way to search for information - it seems like all the avaliable search engines out there continually spew forth crap instead of webpages relevant to my search criteria

i guess im just being pissy today

When in doubt, hit the Conspiracy Search...

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed the YEAR of the OP in this thread?
"Someone" is getting points RIGHT NOW for good HUMOR (I LOVE GOOD HUMOR!
)

Springer...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Springer, you're spoiling the fun here.

(We've actually had a fair few threads resurrected from years gone by recently. Just goes to show someone is using the search tools to bring them back to life.)

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
( Just goes to show someone is using the search tools to bring them back to life.)

Uh huh well then how come this post was 18-7-2007 and it still pops up as new business

Me smells a RAT

So there are no Moon base proofs in RAT? No secret NASA programs? Nada?

Dang it

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The entire point for the R.A.T.S. forum is to inspire people to truly work for the Truth.

If you want it, work for it! It isn't that hard to find breaking news that you can post first, or interesting stories from the past.

Just do a search on ATS/BTS to see if a thread's been made about it, and if it hasn't, BAM, there's a great way to earn points.

If you really want it bad enough, you will earn the points.

They simply don't want the people that don't do their research to go in there and then ruin what the honest have already set up.

new topics

top topics

join