It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Fisk: Even I question the 'truth' about 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is very interesting. Robert Fisk the respected Middle East journalist of the Independent newspaper says even he questions the truth about 9/11.

Source

For someone as respected as Fisk to come out and say this is a very brave move and I'm sure he wouldn't raise his head above the parapet unless he seriously doubted some of the official narrative.

Let me repeat. I am not a conspiracy theorist. Spare me the ravers. Spare me the plots. But like everyone else, I would like to know the full story of 9/11, not least because it was the trigger for the whole lunatic, meretricious "war on terror" which has led us to disaster in Iraq and Afghanistan and in much of the Middle East. Bush's happily departed adviser Karl Rove once said that "we're an empire now – we create our own reality". True? At least tell us. It would stop people kicking over chairs.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by uknumpty]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Fisk mentions that Karl Rove was the originator of the "We're an empire now" quote, however no such information was provided within the original article from which it came. I suppose it can be inferred, but I felt this should be noted.

Original "We're an empire now" quote link

The aide said that guys like me were ''in what we call the reality-based community,'' which he defined as people who ''believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.'' I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. ''That's not the way the world really works anymore,'' he continued. ''We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality -- judiciously, as you will -- we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.''

[edit on 25-8-2007 by Frith]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Holy crap. That's a frightening insight into the mind of Rove and I imagine, his cohorts. He's talking like he's a member of a brainwashed cult.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Bump. I'm surprised no one is commenting on this. If there is nothing to hide and they aren't hiding anything, why does everyone feel that they are? Including the 9/11 Commission.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It's nice to see people asking questions in the mainstream media. It's taken long enough.

The Independent is a serious publication, and this article along with this BBC show, it's certainly encouraging to see these stories being covered by aspects of the mainstream. Let's see if it make any difference at all.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm sorry about the one liner and everything, but I do not know who Robert Fisk is.. does anyone have a good biography type website I could go to to see how big this guy is?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
He's a Middle East correspondant for The Independent.

Independent Online Edition > Robert Fisk

Robert Fisk - Wikipedia

Described by the New York Times as "probably the most famous foreign correspondent in Britain", he has over thirty years of experience in international reporting, dating from 1970s Belfast and Portugal's 1974 Carnation Revolution, the 1975-1990 Lebanese Civil War, and encompassing the 1979 Iranian revolution, the 1980-1988 Iran-Iraq war, 1991 Persian Gulf War, and 2003 Invasion of Iraq. He is the world's most-decorated foreign correspondent, having received numerous awards including the British Press Awards' International Journalist of the Year award seven times. Fisk speaks good vernacular Arabic, and is one of the few Western journalists to have interviewed Osama bin Laden (three times between 1994 and 1997).

top topics

join