It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 27th - Another crazy prediction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
First I would like to say I'm sorry for providing no link. The site I read this on is done by such a far out moon unit that I don't want my name associated with it any way.

The site claims that a 19th century woman named Madame Blavatsky predicted the volcanic explosion of the Island of Krakatoa on August 27, 1883. It then claims she predicted some sort of event this year between August 26th and the 28th. The quote is as follows: "never before have these humans seen such horror and destruction".

After about 2 minutes of research I could not find anything to back up these claims. I don't see where she predicted anything. It looks to me she was just another "new age" charlatan.

I have seen so many predictions come and go I don't think I'll take off of work for this one.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
found this:

In her report titled "Astrological Algorithms Contained In Isis Unveiled", Sister Adriana-Maria states her discovery of a polyalphabetic cipher contained in Madame Blavatsky’s 1877 book, Isis Unveiled, that seemingly points to an horrific cataclysmic event occurring during this weekends Triple Conjunction of the Sun, Venus and Saturn.

According to Sister Adriana-Maria, Madame Blavatsky in 1877 foresaw the catastrophic volcanic explosion of the Island of Krakatoa, and which exploded with such force that it is believed to have been the loudest sound in recorded history, and which occurred on August 27, 1883.

But, not only did Madame Blavatsky foresee the 1883 Krakatoa event, she ‘looked’ further into the future, 130 years to be exact, to the year of 2007, and the date of August 27th, and which she ‘foresaw’ and even greater event which in her decoded cipher described as ‘…never before have these [humans] seen such horror and destruction’.

Of astronomical events to occurring during the time period that Madame Blavatsky indicates, between the dates of August 26-28, 2007, it is interesting to find the following:

1. As previously mentioned, this time period finds the Sun, Venus and Saturn in a Triple Conjunction.

2. At 0800 UT (3:00 AM US Eastern Seaboard) on August 27th the Planet Mars will rise in the Eastern sky alongside Aldebaran the giant red star located in the constellation Taurus and resembling ‘two eerie, unblinking eyes’.

3. During the early morning hours of August 28th one of the longest lunar eclipses in recorded history will occur with our Moon becoming completely immersed for nearly 90 minutes, and which will be visible to the entire World.

It is more than interesting to note, according to Sister Adriana-Maria, the association of Aldebaran in both Madame Blavatsky’s cipher prophecy and its upcoming paring with Mars as the kabalistic symbol [see top right image] for this ancient star of the Persians, known as the Bulls Eye, for its being located in the head of Taurus the Bull, in that all pasts associations of Aldebaran and Mars have seen great destruction and turmoil upon our Planet.

Greatly accentuating the conjoining of Aldebaran and Mars, in what the ancient kabbalists termed the “Cross of Blood”, as evidenced by their symbol, is the nearly simultaneous Lunar occultation of almost historic time length, and which many researchers attribute to being the cause of great earthquakes.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I resent your grouping of some crazy lady from the 19th century with new age thinking. Especially since it didn't exist back then.

Also, I have to say I'm not surprised there's yet another prediction based on no sources.

*yawn* see you on the 28th after nothing happens.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
While I do feel we are overdue for some sort of major "event", I have trouble believing that anyone can see the future.

I have these visions of what it would be like to survive a major disaster, such as a super volcano, meteor strike or a sudden climate change. The idea of surviving the event and the aftermath almost has a romantic appeal to it. I would think in reality it would suck though.

Last October We had a freak lake effect snowstorm here in Buffalo, NY. We had over 2 feet of wet snow fall in one day. The problem was the leaves were still on the trees. The wet snow stuck to the leaves and the added weight brought down a great many trees and branches.

It look like the aftermath of a hurricane. I was without power for a week. ( Over 300,000 other customers were without power too ) My basement was flooded, I lost the use of my hot water tank and furnace. My house was cold, we had to boil water because the water supply became contaminated. The water pressure was down to almost nothing because the pumping stations were without power.

That was my little taste of what a disaster would be like. I could cope for the week, however when the power came back I was never so happy.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by Verhasst]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightworker12
*yawn* see you on the 28th after nothing happens.

Ok, see you then.

I don't believe this person and I most certainly don't believe the site I read it on. However, with different people making predictions every day at some point in time someone has to hit it right.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Lol, I was listening to my itunes, "Bad Moon Rising" when I clicked on this thread.

I'll wait and see about this prediction, there's been so many lately.

STM

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Aug 27th is going to be a busy day then, because in another thread here, someone links to a site that says, the aliens will arrive on that day.
How are we even going to last till 2012, at which time yet another catastrophe will take place?
Anyway, currently, almost every day seems to be another doomsday. In the end someone is certainly going to be right...

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I predict it will be my birthday, and I'll be drunk and getting some.

It will be a great day.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Just me or summer boredom

another thread announces a "major event" this month ?

we used to call it "the Silly Season" in UK journalistic terms - nice to see ATS carries on the tradition

Shame "Deny Ignorance" went by the wayside over the years i have been here

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
As my title says, I think its "crazy" too. The only point I had to post this was I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this Madame Blavatsky. *IF* she really predicted the volcano in 1883 then I'll take notice. I doubt she did though.

I would like to believe in the paranormal, my bookcase is full of books on the subject. ( some I have even read ) I just have yet to see for myself anything to convince me.

Another reason I posted this was on the off chance ( like 1/10,000 ) something does happen, you heard it from me first.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by Verhasst]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
we used to call it "the Silly Season" in UK journalistic terms - nice to see ATS carries on the tradition

Shame "Deny Ignorance" went by the wayside over the years i have been here

Usually I am very meek and never try to cause any conflicts. I’ll just let people walk all over me so as not to stir up any trouble. This time I am not going to let this pretentious crap go. I know I am new here, but I will speak my mind. This supercilious view makes me sick.

I am not a journalist, or of any other high-born class. I am just a lowly “silly” peasant. I do have this funny belief though, I believe that one person’s words are just as important as any others. I know a person of such a low station as myself is just delusional to think that though.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Is there a link to this womans predictions???

I'd like to read up more on her. Who knows, she may have something here. Isnt this the date when we will be attacked from outter space?

Something's going to give and i think its around the corner.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Is there a link to this womans predictions???

Something's going to give and i think its around the corner.

sager's post said everything that I read.

I agree, sooner or later something has to give.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Verhasst

You may want to do some further research since Madame Blavatsky is quite renown in the New Age world. She was a founder of Theosophy if I'm not mistaken. Human and fallible, yes, but still not one to sneeze at...i haven't read this entire thread but i'm quite sure there are many, many people who know who she was; at the very least, an interesting historical figure who definitely seemed to have a finger on the pulse of the cosmos.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Hi,
I started a thread on Mars and Aldebaran the other day. This is the thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you are going to talk about this celestial event, please contribute here.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm not making fun of this, but rather just thinking about something.. and of course i can and i'm probably very wrong here, but couldn't let go of thinking that just like the continuous false-alarm terrorism threats, the everyday-something-will-happen-blablabla and then for a long time now there are these predictions and they are rising and rising and appearing more frequently aswell. All this is over-saturating people and they are getting loose on the booze and laughing about it.. imagine (and i know this has been sayed a lot of times around here already) that this all is some kind of evil brain\mind washing with people, for then, when something actually happens, everybody will be like " hey, wicked! so, what's on tv tonight? THE INVASION or is it DOOMSDAY!? oh doesn't matter, they're both great re-runs! Grab me another beer would ya!"

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It's got to be some sort of multi-disaster combo with an alien invasion on top.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sager
... one of the longest lunar eclipses in recorded history ... will be visible to the entire World.

According to NASA a great part of the world will NOT be able to see it. HERE is the map that shows who will see the eclipse and who will not.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by sager
... one of the longest lunar eclipses in recorded history ... will be visible to the entire World.

According to NASA a great part of the world will NOT be able to see it. HERE is the map that shows who will see the eclipse and who will not.

Yeah i read this too, buddy is misrepresenting the actual truth on "the Whole" world. Sounds Good though. There is great significance in the event happening and I myself will be watching, hopefully weather permitting.

Yet one the other hand i partly believe that these type of events astrologically do some effect on our universe. yet i have to filter some of the BS.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renan
... that this all is some kind of evil brain\mind washing with people, for then, when something actually happens, everybody will be like " hey, wicked! so, what's on tv tonight? THE INVASION or is it DOOMSDAY!? oh doesn't matter, they're both great re-runs! Grab me another beer would ya!"

The boy who cried wolf type scenario. Thats why I dont take any of these predictions to heart but I am prepared the best my budget will allow, mentally my brain has no budget so I try the best I can

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join