It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA TV does not want to show live nightvision from STS-118?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Neither China or Japan or anybody else is going to the moon for pictures or samples or anything else. Its ours. We've been there for 45 years or better. And nobody else is going to butt in. Thanks.

I like that, John. Somebody else can have the moon when they pry it out of our cold, dead fingers! (So, umm, whadda we gonna do? Get out the AAA when they show up? Or do we maybe cause a little 'accident'? What would be the best approach?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a close, personal friend of mine took the time and added the green color to better exemplify the foliage mentioned by John Lear...he also said I could Post it on here.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by darkheartrising]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Originally posted by wildone106

So how will we or 'they' stop China from launching its forthcoming survey mission..will it explode on the pad or will there be some other crisis to (conveniently) avert it do you think?

China will probably announce that it is too expensive to go to the moon and that they would rather cooperate with NASA on a joint space station effort.

In return China will get a private tour of the moon, some make-work projects and a cut of the profits.

For the publics benefit maybe a showdown war over Taiwan or some other insignificant issue. Any issue will due. Maybe those darn Chinese terrorists are at it again.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Neither China or Japan or anybody else is going to the moon for pictures or samples or anything else. Its ours. We've been there for 45 years or better. And nobody else is going to butt in. Thanks.

I thought the aliens who put the moon there own it. If it's ours, wouldn't we own the machinery on the moon, such as the soul catcher?

NASA takes color photos now:

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

yeah! and they color them all that fake red color too

good one crakeur...i knew you had a funny ..bone..in there somewhere..

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Thanks John! That sounds very likely to me!

So how will we or 'they' stop China from launching its forthcoming survey mission..will it explode on the pad or will there be some other crisis to (conveniently) avert it do you think?

China will probably announce that it is too expensive to go to the moon and that they would rather cooperate with NASA on a joint space station effort.

In return China will get a private tour of the moon, some make-work projects and a cut of the profits.

For the publics benefit maybe a showdown war over Taiwan or some other insignificant issue. Any issue will due. Maybe those darn Chinese terrorists are at it again.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
thats a whole can of worms your opening there..cue Hoagland

www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 17-8-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Trees on the moon John, SNIP Im sure a million people have looked through a telescope at the moon and guess what no trees.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Originally posted by Crakeur

I thought the aliens who put the moon there own it. If it's ours, wouldn't we own the machinery on the moon, such as the soul catcher?

I really don’t know who owns the moon but here are the names of the 3 guys that have claimed the 75% of the mineral rights on the moon:

Dr. Joseph Resnick
Dr. Timothy R. O'Neill
Guy Cramer

For details see thelivingmoon.com 'Who owns the mineral rights to the moon?'

I don't know how much machinery is on the moon or how much of it is ours. I do know that we have put a lot of machinery up there and some of it would defy your imagination how large it is or how we got it up there.

As to the Big Soul Machine On The Moon, it is obviously not 'ours' (so to speak) (if it is in fact a soul machine).

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   

In return China will get a private tour of the moon...

Do you mean that China will go to the moon without the public knowing about it? Hmm... China may get to get to work on a space station with NASA, the current ITS or a new one, and its citizens will take pride in that, but they will have to give up plans to survey and publicly make a manned mission to the moon. I guess that's better than nothing. It seems like China is more ambitious than that, though, but what you say could be closer to what would actually happen. If we get past 2012, some say tomorrow 08-18-07, the next 25 years are going to be very interesting for space exploration. Just thinking about where we are at now and all of the verbal commitments by different space agencies, public and private, gets me pretty excited.

Thanks John!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The moon is fast becoming a commercially viable target.

China Russia and the USA are committed and in operation now to task the mining of Helium 3 from the Moon. China already have the fusion reactor, the ITER project in cadarache in France is all running ahead fine, and Russia also have the same interest.

Fusion.

These 3 key players are not going to give up the rights to resources.

By 2015to2020 all 3 aim to have mining operations in place. Interesting to note Bransons spaceport is on its way. As Richard sees a business oppurtunity.

Once the mining is in place - who do you think will be in place to be the first to start ferrying workers required back and forth?

By 2025 the moon will be as basic as an offshore platform. And Bransons spaceport in Mexico will be similar to a chopper company that flies workers out to the rig.

I simply cant see China or Russia handing over a resource that will be extremely valuable to the USA to sell to everyone and therefore run a monopoly on fusion power.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I feel China, Russia, France and eventually Germany will become independent in Space exploration weather working in groups or independently. Perhaps all of which want complete autonomy from joint space ventures with the USA.

I believe as other Countries explore beyond earth's atmosphere we will get a clearer picture of what is exploring our solar system from elsewhere without NASA editing what we see and when we see it.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

Bit greedy dont you think John isn't the Moon a free place to travel by anyone from our little planet what happened to the international theory of UN policy blah blah blah or is this a matter of NO it US soil only we landed on it first its ours all ours kinda like the child with a candy bar !!!!!!!!! not impressed....

SPQR

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SPQR

Envy the nations that have heroes. Pity the ones that need them." -- Van Zan, American dragon slayer ...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   

There is NO DOUBT at all that the moon is inhabited by an advanced race, that the moon is not a natural satellite of the earth, that the moon is hollow, that the moon is older then the earth, and many more.

I think you mean "I have" NO DOUBT ...

Personally I think all of the above is nonsense. I guess we can call agree to disagree.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by DamnDirtyApe]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Originally posted by SPQR

Bit greedy dont you think John

It only seems greedy to those that are not on the receiving end.

isn't the Moon a free place to travel by anyone from our little planet what happened to the international theory of UN policy blah blah blah

I don't think so. Where did you get that understanding?

or is this a matter of NO it US soil only we landed on it first its ours all ours kinda like the child with a candy bar !!!!!!!!!

I don't think its a candy bar. I think its a mighty big and powerful laser weapon. But what the heck, go ahead and try and take it away. All they can do is say no and blast you to pieces.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51
mps, I'm not saying that Iceland is comparable to the moon, but it does present us earthlings with an example of that might be considered comparable to what John Lear is talking about. Iceland is 3/4ths barren of vegetation. Perhaps a somewhat similiar situation exists on the moon?

Yes. Quite warm. Now if we replace "situation" with "pictures"...

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
There are always things floating around the shuttle, catching light, reflecting it, space junk, etc. Trust me, if there were real UFOs being recorded by NASA cameras it would be mainstream and undenied by NASA. Imagine the budget increase they could get with that kind of news. And there are simply TOO many people and employees involved with each mission to keep anything that potentially earth shattering a secret.

Isn't it true that NASA is forbidden to have any contact with potential alien life? I believe this was mentioned in a documentary, that it was part of the rules set down when NASA was established.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It's true. There are 2 NASA programs. One must not be exposed to Alien activity and must remain in the dark about the real Space Program. But if our benefactors stay away from the ISS purposely, they are not doing a great job at it recently. This secret space propoganda could be part of a psy-ops but I don't think it is. Im about 70-30 on it, leaning towards it being true. I know it is because of the indirect evidence around me, there are tons of it, and the moon images are a little low in resolutions, but in 2015 the Hollywood NASA program is sending up new spacecraft when the shuttle is RIP and when this landing occurs, it will be official. Maybe then, our benefactors will break their prime directive.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
John, you understand how photography equipment works, right? I don't want to belittle you, but your ignorance of this equipment makes you sound pretty foolish.

As for the nightime feed from the mission being cut off, why don't you just call NASA and ask them? You know, there is a public relations/media number floating around out there somewhere. Of course, you have your mind made up that it is to hide the alien ufos (lol) so any answer you get from there you will brush off as part of the conspiracy.

Just because he is John Lear doesn't make him a photography expert.

Might I point out that your ignorance of John's area of expertise makes you sound pretty foolish.

Doesn't feel good, does it.

And now I'll point out my ignorance in not paying attention to how far along the thread actually is...

[edit on 8/23/2007 by TarzanBeta]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join