It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA TV does not want to show live nightvision from STS-118?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Ok, I always thought there was some form of atmosphere on the moon but what I don’t understand is where the components came/come from.
With no organic life there can’t be oxygenation being supplied (can there?).
While an atmosphere does absorb the energy from the sun, is that enough to create and maintain a breathable atmosphere?
I guess I’m too simple to come up with a definitive answer but it fascinates me none the less.
On topic, Nasa lets us see what they want and no more.
If they can help it. I love those Ifs.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Originally posted by earthchild

Ok, I always thought there was some form of atmosphere on the moon but what I don’t understand is where the components came/come from.
With no organic life there can’t be oxygenation being supplied (can there?).

A common misconception fostered by NASA. There is plenty of organic life. There are trees, grass, meadows. flowers, rivers, lakes, its all on the farside though. The nearside is barren, desolate, a wasteland of craters, mountains, ridges and canyons. They call the canyons 'rilles' because they don't want you to think anything is earthlike up there.

And of course if the nearside is this barren wasteland wouldn't it logically follow that the farside was the same? I mean, just use your common sense. And your reason. And your logic. Nearside=Farside.

If you don't want to use any of your common sense or logic or reason here is a picture of King Crater on the farside with its beautiful green 'hanging gardens'. Sorry you can't see the 'green'. NASA doesn't shoot color for very obvious reasons. (AS10-30-4356)

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Thanks John, that does make sense to me.
I have always thought there must have been some form of organic life up there and never believed the party line of it just being a big dumb rock.
I will continue to watch, and learn with interest.
It's better than wasting time watching mind numbing tv thats for sure.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If the moon had green plant life, would you not be able to see it from a backyard telescope?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Interesting ideas being thrown about here, however there's one thing that bugging me and I can't seem to find an answer to this. Maybe you can help me out on this one, John.

I can believe that the moon has an atmosphere and that there are structures etc up there, but can anyone explain to me why it only appears to be the far side of the moon that has 'plant' life on it?

I admit that it might be me failing to understand things, but for the moon to be desolate on one side and teeming with organic life on the other strikes me as a little odd.

I'm not calling anyone a nut here because you're all talking a lot of sense, I'd just be grateful if someone could clear this up for me.

As regards to why NASA don't show certain things, I'd say it's completely obvious to anyone who isn't taken in my the mainstream...they don't want us know what's up there.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Originally posted by mnmcandiez

If the moon had green plant life, would you not be able to see it from a backyard telescope?

Please check my post above and report back. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
The moon has massive evidence of buildings, structures, ancient and huge spires, etc. Undeniable evidence. There is a pic of a huge wheel type thing with spokes radiating out of it, and a tall tower in the middle, and the denier's say that this is some appendage on a spacecraft that we are seeing!!

that's incredible! can you link me to that evidence, please?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Check this thread out for starters....

hope you find it fascinating.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edited coz I'm an idiot and forgot to put in the link

[edit on 17-8-2007 by more_serotonin_pls]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I've seen Mr. Lear's moon photos and had a good time looking at them. I was more interested in a link to the " undeniable buildings, structures, ancient and huge spires, etc."

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Getting this thread back on track as it is entitled
"NASA TV does not want to show live nightvision from STS-118"

Why dont they show night vision? Its so obvious isnt it?
Because its DARK and all you would see are lightning storms and maybe a few city lights.
Whats the point?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If you go on your favourite generic search engine and type in 'moon structures' or 'the shard moon' or something like that you should find a wealth of info out there. If I remember rightly, Hoagland's site has some interesting stuff on it.
It as with everything though, spend a few hours wading through the 'net and you'll find some really interesting things.

I would usually be more helpful, but I'm not on my own computer and don't have my bookmarks.

Hope that's some help anyway.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Is'nt China shortly going to launch a surveying probe to the Moon..will they also hide what's out there or are they bullied into hiding the E.T.s as well?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
Getting this thread back on track as it is entitled
"NASA TV does not want to show live nightvision from STS-118"

Why dont they show night vision? Its so obvious isnt it?
Because its DARK and all you would see are lightning storms and maybe a few city lights.
Whats the point?

If that's truly the case then surely they'd just do it and have all the arguments and accusations of cover ups finished in one easy swoop...

Also, the topic hasn't really just gone off on a wild tangent, it's kinda developed.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106
Is'nt China shortly going to launch a surveying probe to the Moon..

Very good point, they say within 5 years. Hang on, that will be 2012...OMG!!!!!!

Seriously though, it will be extremely interesting to see ehat they come back with. I wonder how good they are with airbrushes compared to the US?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I dont see why they would want to hide anything they find, more laud it as a
discovery by the peoples China ya know? Now maybe something will happen in 2012 to stop these other countries from ever reaching the moon..co-incidence too? The secret government must be very worried then about other countries efforts to reach space..what if anything will be done to stop it?

Very good point, they say within 5 years. Hang on, that will be 2012...OMG!!!!!!

Seriously though, it will be extremely interesting to see ehat they come back with. I wonder how good they are with airbrushes compared to the US?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
For me at least, NASA is definitely hiding something up there, whether it is ETs or things which are man made, NASA's behaviour shouts coverup.

Not transmitting at night is a new one, but previously NASA took the steps to add noise to the video, making it impossible to see anything in the dark portions of the image. Why?

See this site for a history of some of the findings from past missions, and some of the games NASA plays.

Project Prove

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Thanks for that link. I've not come across it before, that I can remember anyway, however, who knows. Anyway, it's now bookmarked and I can have a nice wade through...NASA games - always fun.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I may sound a bit dumb here, shuttle missions are not something i know much about, and i'm just getting into the whole astronomy thing, but its my understanding that shuttle mission's need to make money, thats why they did/do deploy satellites for whoever pays, aswell as there own missions/experiments.

Would the powers that be allow a private group or person to finance or rent a seperate camera? Basically I don't understand why there is'nt NASA PPV already, they could make a bundle charging for uninterupted space tv showing different constellations, directions and spacescapes.

But there again if there was something to hide......

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
of course john lear is going to say that all the fun stuff is on the side of the moon that we never see...

that way nobody can ever check, and, of course, all the nasa photos are fake.

look, IF the moon had some sort of atmosphere, there would probably be some sort of clouds visible, right? and, you never see clouds on the moon, and all you need is a telescope at home to look at it.

do all the clouds stay on the other side too?

and about the nasa thing, of course they dont show live video during the night, because, as somebody mentioned, there is nothing going on, and all you would see would be city lights and stuff like that. live feeds probably cost money, and they are not gonna show a few hours of nothing... nobody would watch it anyway.

another thing probably is that if they did show it, there would be ten thousand meaningless videos more on youtube that showed debris, ice and meteors in infrared, and ten thousand people claiming it was ufos...

and i know that the next reply is going to be: did you see all the shuttle footage, meteors and debris do not change direction!

.... there is just one video of something "changing direction" at a right angle, the famous one that even that sereda guy has in his film, and that was due to the camera moving. find the version that isnt cropped and youll see. the others never change any direction.

but hey, believe what you want.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is a different one, the shuttle is'nt changing direction either:
www.youtube.com...

Very bright object enters at 2:18 from the right, slows down and reverses direction...as it exits the camera operator turns the view to the opposite direction. Why? Its surely an object of interest, after all they had the camera just watching the city lights..

Ice crystals doin a U-turn? Tell me another one...

[pwned]

.... there is just one video of something "changing direction" at a right angle, the famous one that even that sereda guy has in his film, and that was due to the camera moving. find the version that isnt cropped and youll see. the others never change any direction.

but hey, believe what you want.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by wildone106]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join