It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

catholic church=anti cathoilc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I was just wondering if any one elese has noticed how un-catholic the catholic church has become. It is IMHO that the catholic church is in a state of decline due to the endless disputes over interpretation as well as a blaitent disregard for time honored tradition. Some may want to chalk it up to nostalgia, I, being 24 years old have had no time to develop said feeling towards my faith. I do see an increasing number of enemies of the church under the guise of its ministers and in almost all its offices. I recall something I read a while ago while truth hunting. It is called the MANDATUM. It was a rally call to masons in the late 1800's that proposed a new form of war to be used against the church. It stated that by looking towards the long term effects, the catholic church could effectively be inbeded with masonic agents whose sole purpose was to inject into the faith of catholics inconsistancies that would eventually turn them away from church teachings. Ending in the dissolution of the church from within, the appointment of masons to offices of power within the church in hopes of fracturing its base support by manipulating its interpretation of cannon law as well as holy scripture.(vatican2) Vatican two was originally intended to TRANSLATE the latin mass into the language of its native peoples(france-french..etc). It was quickly taken siege by "advisors with questionable after church activities" to in effect remold the catholic church. This was not an over night plan and would indeed leed to the long term victory over this time honored institution of faith. I understand that historically, most anti-catholic sentiment amongst masons comes from france and northern italy. I think that such a notion has been tucked away since over all, modern day catholics find no quam with masonry and infact see the two as related when ignorant of either. I declare mission accomplished. Any thoughts?

www.crossspot.net...

[edit on 16-8-2007 by newyorkee]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I've never heard of "anti-Catholic sentiment among Masons"; in fact, I know several Catholic Masons personally. There is some "anti-Masonic" sentiment among the Church hierarchy though; at times you could be excommunicated for being a Mason.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It is mutual amongst both masons..just to use a name..and catholics. In reality this sentiment comes from the time of the birth of the church of england.

You may not have heared of it since in all reality the plan has toned down IMO since its completion. I would also argue that since the church has abandoned any consideration of excomunication towards masons that they should enjoy relative peace with modern day catholics. Catholics would probably embrace masonry today....could be my main point......

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
It is mutual amongst both masons..just to use a name..and catholics. In reality this sentiment comes from the time of the birth of the church of england.

If that exists, it's news to me. I'm a Mason, and I know several Catholic Masons personally. I have never, ever heard of someone being "blackballed" for membership in a lodge because they were Catholic (in fact, that would be against the fundamental concept of religious tolerance that exists in Masonry).

As I said, the anti-Mason sentiment among the Church Hierarchy (note that I said Hierarchy, not individual Catholics) is well documented. The Catholic Church formed the Knights of Columbus as a reaction to their members desire to join a fraternal organization, since they were forbidden to become Masons.

If you have some information (other than your opinion) that indicates otherwise, I would certainly be interested in reading it.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Perhaps it is no help either that the Taxil Hoax of the late 1800s further cemented this event. You may read about it here. And not to "steal the thread" or anything, but I tried to summarize it in this thread; it's the fifth post by me, on the first page. I bring this up because much of the Anti-Freemasonry sentiment that is perpetuated today was sprung off that one hoax.

On a frank and personal note, I don't think the Masons have any anti-anything sentiment. The Taxil hoax was initiated after the Pope (of the time) wrote an encyclical that condemned freemasonry. As I mentioned in the (linked above) thread, this happened at a time when Freemasons were accepting people of all religions. Apparently, the Pope had a problem with this "acceptance"... again, you can read more of it in the links provided.

I understand that historically, most anti-catholic sentiment amongst masons comes from france and northern italy.

I am unfamiliar with this. Can the Original Poster provide anything to support this statement?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well it certainly has become liberalized. Not sure if it's due to infiltration or not... I've read plenty about the masonic infiltration theories regarding homosexuality in seminaries for instance. It wouldn't surprise me if people in power have yanked the reigns from the church. It's a huge institution with much money involved, and people follow their religion blindly much more so than they would of a government. Seems to me it would be at the top of the list to those who would control the world.

I'm sure the resident masons will step up and defend their institution, but it's possible that a different group simply uses the masons as they use the church (infiltration within infiltration).

Since 1990 my family has gone to the traditional latin mass because we were fed up with all the liberal changes. If it ain't broke, why fix it? (ie. Vatican II)

Personally I'm no longer a man of faith, but that's due to other reasons.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Actually it's the RCC...

That has the hangup...

Straight from the Vatican:

www.vatican.va...

And from the Freemason perspective the overwhelming negative press received:

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

Meh... I could care less about the RCC, it's policies or attitude towards me. I am amused that despite their longstanding policy of anti-Freemasonry rhetoric that their members continue to become our members (without prejudice on our part).

Oh well, just another crack in an already crumbling tower.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It would be very conveinient for a one sided debate over what you know and what the church has done, almost to the point of justification for undermining an institution whose only purpose is to unite men under morality and spirituality. your beliefs take you down one road, mine another but consider this......

www.geocities.com...

www.tanbooks.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
You've made my point...

Better than I ever could have...

Have fun.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Many roads yes. some through thorns and stones., others through caves and dark places. You decide if I'm on the same one as you, though I dont think so.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMe74
I've never heard of "anti-Catholic sentiment among Masons"; in fact, I know several Catholic Masons personally. There is some "anti-Masonic" sentiment among the Church hierarchy though; at times you could be excommunicated for being a Mason.

I fully agree with this. Long ago I have no idea of what was happening besides something about Masons putting something or other in the windows of the Vatican. Also the reverse of this is Militia Immaculate, I have not seen much of the original doctrine and most US,CA. branches have no mention of its orgins and true roots and purpose. More research would be needed for something fruitful to ponder.

new topics

top topics

join