It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear attack on America is very(!) imminent

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
theEnd2007

I bet you everything you got that there is no nuke on Monday ok mate ? and I would suggest your points go to -10 000 for making such stupid predictions based on absolutely nothing substantial.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Another thing to keep in mind. I believe in 2006 Charleston, SC also had a similar drill. Basically thats 2 port locations, each on opposite coasts, with the same exercise. Standard procedure stuff perhaps but who really knows. Couple this with Chertoff's irresponsible gut-feeling comments and you have concerns on many levels. I personally don't believe something will happen to Portland but I wouldn't trust this excuse for a government no matter what they spewed.

brill

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Based on the large number of threads like this I have actually given slight credit to and considered that turned out to be nothing, I'd have to say no to this one. I too would be willing to bet large sums that no nuclear attack will occur on Monday.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think you need to calm down and enjoy life....And stop worrying about wild predictions.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
I think you need to calm down and enjoy life....And stop worrying about wild predictions.

I agree somewhat but then why even bother participating on a site dedicated to such topics if you'd rather just "calm down and enjoy life" ?

brill

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
There will not be any nuke explosion on Monday.

Bush will not become a dictator.

Come Tuesday all the sad people who sit around wanting those things to be true so their paranoid fantasies are fulfilled will have to pick a new date and cross their fingers.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I predict the sun will come up tomorrow, and quite possibly the day after that.

Tonight's weather forecast - Periods of darkness after sunset, gradually brightening by daybreak.

I think you should really get out more, it helps to ease the burden of reality.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Actually, if the past were to be an indication of the future, and notice the word IF, then Portland would be unlikely as a target.

One of the reasons cited for all the failures of 9/11 was that certain exercises, removed from the target area, kept the Air Force busy while the events of 9/11 unfolded.

Now using the logic of 9/11, if the majority of the "defensive" measures were being tested in Portland, then another city would be the target. It would need to be a city that would be close enough to have it's defensive measures being used in the Portland drill, yet far enough that those defensive forces could not react in time to stop the catastrophe.

And while any city of reasonable size would qualify, it seems that high profile, reasonably well recognized landmarks are a likely target.

Now I wonder what city fits that profile?

Edit to add: I too greatly doubt that there is any basis to these type of predictions, and are nothing but vague feelings of apprehension.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Some of you people make me sick. Nobody is trying to sell a book or a video to you here. Also, just because someone posts a WARNING, does not mean that they WANT it to happen. This concept flies completely over some of your heads, and I can't imagine that this post will magically enlighten you. If you think this thread is ridiculous, then YOU should calm down and just move TF along.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Here's my prediction:

I predict there will be big [HOAX] tags on this thread title by Tuesday.

Aces.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i am a forgiving person but am gonna take a hard line on this , i too agree you should be minus a zillion points for posting sensationalist rubbish like this if only you had put the word ...COULD? at the begining of your thread more people would debate this .

but you have grabbed attention like a bad media group based on flimsy connections and speculation.

If someone posts a photo of a light in the sky here on ATS.. they are ripped apart , scrutinized beaten into the ground and analyzed thoroughly. but and thats with the actual photo in plane sight and not just 'hey i saw a light in the sky'

You say you want to warn people ? The only thing you should be warning people about is your wild opinions and not to take them to seriously.

I wonder how many lives you have effected posting this stuff.

And if this turns out to be true lol ( always 0.0000001%) someone could guess then i just committed internet suicide) But hey what will it matter there prolly won't be an internet .

People seem to think that nukes aint all that bad yeah they leave a big hole sure.. but a couple going off on the other side of the world that aint gonna effect me right?..wrong. i think it would take only a few nuclear explosions anywhere on the planet comparable with todays average nuke to seriously mess everyone up for a very long time.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel

if only you had put the word ...COULD? at the begining of your thread more people would debate this .

This points out the difference between sincere discussion and inquiry on the one side, and sensationalist madness on the other side. Very important point!

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This thread is more evidence of scaremongering. Its bad enough we have get it on TV then you come on here and the same folks who bash the gov't for scaremongering are doing it themselves and even trying to predict dates and stuff for it to happen. Pitiful.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
A massive thermal nuclear chain reaction will be visible over the entire of the USA tomorrow - enjoy it (i'm going out to mow the lawn with no shirt on in a minute because todays example of raw sub atomic power has been very pleasant today)

Sing with me "The Sun will come up tomorrow, tomorrow bet cah bottom dolla that!!"

I promise to retract my sarcasm if any part of America (or the UK for that matter) suddenly becomes a big smoking hole, I wouldn't hold you breath tho.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
Here's my prediction:

I predict there will be big [HOAX] tags on this thread title by Tuesday.

Aces.

The OP, at least as I read it, says he predicts......NOT that he knows inside info.......that would be a hoax, if untrue.

But a person's personal prediction, while it might be a mistake, or crazy idea, surely, is not a hoax. ( and to label it so, would not be right....... unless the OP's not actually making that prediction, just trying to make us think he is? )

Where else, if not ATS, for us to voice our speculations and, perhaps even irrational fears?? Without being called a hoaxer by those who do not like what we say.......

This is Skunk Works, you know, not quite the 'Breaking News', 'you must have credible links', department........

The title is rather overblown for the true substance of the post.......a bit of the Enquirer touch that we could have done without.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by frayed1]

[edit on 5-8-2007 by frayed1]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Holy mother! This just in:

American Terrorist Threatens U.S. in New Al Qaeda Video
www.foxnews.com...

What do you make of this?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
While it'd be fine and dandy for there to be a false flag Hiroshima sized nuke to go off on Monday... I predict nothing will happen. A few months back a lot of folks got scared over another potential date of a nuclear strike here in the U.S. Nothing happened.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill

I agree somewhat but then why even bother participating on a site dedicated to such topics if you'd rather just "calm down and enjoy life" ?

brill

I participate on this site...When i see something interesting...I don't see any substance to this thread....I actually find it rather silly, if I'm being honest...And maybe i shouldn't have posted in the first place..I just can't see the point of these outrageous predictions.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I participate on this site...When i see something interesting...I don't see any substance to this thread....I actually find it rather silly, if I'm being honest...And maybe i shouldn't have posted in the first place..I just can't see the point of these outrageous predictions.

You have every right to participate in any single thread even if you don't find them interesting. The very fact you're here to look for alternative topics is enough to give you the ability to post about any possibility.

I also agree with you how this is an outrageous prediction but while currently I'm on the "skeptical" side of the fence we've got to show counter-data. EVEN if there's no data to begin with!

Anyways, nobody here should be dictating who can/can't post opinions.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Doesnt portland have like 2 state troopers to patrol its coastal boarders. I went there once and drove along the coast for its entirety. I could have set bond fires to beached whales and no one would have noticed. If I was going to attack anywhere or smuggle something in it would be there.....two of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join