It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear attack on America is very(!) imminent

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
once you have some actual basis for this claim besides something posted on World'nut'daily (just my word for it) then I'll get worried about a Nuke attack Monday. Until then i think this is nothing more than baseless prediction along the lines of "The world is going to end tomorrow!" (I'm not saying it doesn't have some stuff on there of a respectable nature, it just usually seems more like a fear mongering version of a tabloid)

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
because this is just a prediction theres a very slim chance it will happen, Its just like 7/7/7 millions of people gathered, everyone thought something was going to happen.... nothing happened. Incase something does, then you better buy a new package of underwear....

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan5647
Just because Portland is having a drill on the 5th doesn't mean it's going to get attacked by an actual nuke pretty soon.

That right there chills my spine weither I believe this or not..
I remeber on september 9th 2001 my dad having a conversation with
my uncle, both high conspiracy buffs, "Just because theres a drill dosn't
mean its going to happen, thats obserd! Drills are so that everyone knows
what to do when it happens... *finally dawns on him*

The look I saw on that mans eyes I will remember for the rest of my life.

Espically the one two days later...

Who knows if this will happen,
but honestly I'd have too say the fact that theres a drill boosts the probability
noticibly.

God save our lovley grand theft auto 3 town.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
Doesnt portland have like 2 state troopers to patrol its coastal boarders. I went there once and drove along the coast for its entirety. I could have set bond fires to beached whales and no one would have noticed. If I was going to attack anywhere or smuggle something in it would be there.....two of them.

Portland isn't on the Oregon coast. It's about 90 miles from it. It's on the Willamette River, and trust me, there are plenty of cops in this town.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
How far are we from five o clock AM in the morning august 6th, tomorrow at me...?
I'm getting worry about this thread... My sister and her husband along with their two children and some cousins lives there...
Should I call them or what...

This hopefully i don't believe, but if it happens, it'll be one of the worst periods of my life...

Concerning that Al Quaida video, today i watched on CNN int. Larry King show with Stanton Friedman, Buz Alldrin and some other researchers and Buz finally admitted that he saw large L shaped object in Lunar orbit...
pPL are these cases interconnected???
Have you saw newest bombastic Larry King show???????

[edit on 5/8/07 by Triad979]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
sorry not portland...OREGON has two state troopers to patrol coast.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
FROM JOSEPH FARAH'S G2 BULLETIN
Nuke terror to strike
U.S. by this weekend?
Numbers, calendars important
to bin Laden include Aug. 6
Posted: August 2, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

Did anyone notice that this is talking about August 6th, 2005.

But good job for bringing up an old article.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
In the name of being open minded, there's a feasible relationship to this:
DeFazio asks, but he's denied access.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This may seem weird, but as soon as i started reading this forum i went to fox news, and guess what the breaking news was?

www.foxnews.com...

~Bruce G~

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
In what forum is this thread? Im getting confused..Its been moved two times i think..

[edit on 5-8-2007 by theEnd2007]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This is pretty possible if we take for granted impeachment of Bush and Cheney which has divided US senate in half these days...
It's well hidden from the media though...
The only way, for that terrorist group of Bush Cheney and other minions of theirs, to get more power and be selfproclaimed saviours is to get America from great catastrophe...

Huuh, i just had a Deja VU now...
Like I'm writing this and some gut cheeling feeling pass through me...
DAMN

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
theend2007 wrote,

I know the article is old but if i had to pick a date this year i would pick aug 6.

After that i would pick 9/9/2007(2+9)= 999, Wich upside down is...

or 9+9=18
or 18+2007=2025
or 20+07=27
etc.
etc.
etc.

You can turn those numbers into any number of answers so the 2+7=9 thing is totally meaningless.

I assumer we're talking about a dirty bomb???

So if it doesn't happen this monday? what's the new date?
I ask because there's always a new date. Someone was off, someone read something wrong, etc...

Look, something bad is going to happen somewhere, to someone, and sometime and it's gonna suck but this type of doomsday thinking has been going on for thousands and thousands of years.

SHEEESH come one people.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
2.) How would the supposed "terrorists" the government would finger as the perpetrators of such a heinous act, have acquired a working nuke?

If the US Government stages a false flag nuclear attack, their options are limited.

They can't use a military nuke. Even if they were able to somehow keep the material from being traced, the ratio of the yield to the wasted material would be wrong for an ameteur-built nuke. They'll need a real live home-made nuke to be dirty and small enough.

And where will they get someone to build it who is too stupid to figure out what the government would want with a home made nuke?
They'll have to help a real live terrorist, like they probably did on 9/11.

And then where will they get a uranium that makes sense? They can't steal it from most foreign sources because if that operation fails the terrorists will be interrogated, they will name their backers, and those backers will be traced to the US Government.
The last thing they need is the Russians catching somebody trying to buy blackmarket nuclear material or weapons and finding out that the transaction was brokered by a known CIA agent.

So what nuclear material would "make sense" that the US can get its hands on?

North Korea's. We got them to shut Yongbyon back down in exchange for oil. But George Bush shut the oil shipments off when Yongbyon was already shut down because he was concerned about other undeclared programs. So why are we suddenly admitting "oh, we misread the intelligence, that's not a major concern, we just want those reactors shut down"?
Maybe because if the chain of custody for that material involves the US, we can swap some of the material for other material- that will be disposed of without its source being tested- and then we announce a discrepency in the quantity which is too small to develop a nuke from (when in fact we did steal enough for a bomb, but hid that by swapping some of our own material in there).

Our terrorists build the bomb, make the false flag op, and since there's not enough missing to account for a bomb, the only explanation for North Korean nuclear material being identified as the fuel for the bomb is that North Korea kept some of its material and sold it to Iran, who in turn sold it to terrorists.

That would explain the recent disinfo about a US sub supposedly sinking a North Korean ship carrying nuclear material to Iran.

But all of that, if I'm correct, would mean that they don't yet have a bomb for the job, so it's not gonna happen on the 6th.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Vagabond, i'd like to present you with one free internet, because that theory really DOES seem like something the US is likely to come up with. But there is another option, too.

A suitcase nuke.

From wikipedia:

In an interview with the newsmagazine Sixty Minutes, Lebed said:
I'm saying that more than a hundred weapons out of the supposed number of 250 are not under the control of the armed forces of Russia. I don't know their location. I don't know whether they have been destroyed or whether they are stored or whether they've been sold or stolen, I don't know.

And also:

According to Lunev, the number of “missing” nuclear devices (as found by General Lebed) “is almost identical to the number of strategic targets upon which those bombs would be used”. He suggested that they might be already deployed by the GRU operatives.

The full aritcle can be read here: Wikipedia

What i'm pointing out is that it need not nessecarily be a "home-made" bomb in this case. A low-level device, such as a suitcase nuke, would give them the perfect blast and an excuse to invade Iran, since Iran is well known as a black-market arms dealer, and would have been in the position to obtain a piece of the soviet arsenal, like a suitcase nuke...

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'm aware of General Lebed's testimony, but to be honest I have come to doubt it over time. If there were more than a hundred nukes floating around on the black market for years, one would have been captured or detonated by now.

It would really only make sense to me if the US had found a way to get every single one of them the minute they went missing, and decided that keeping them for future use might be better than the wonderful public relations coup that announcing the capture of at least a few of them would have been.

edit to add: the US having a few Russian nukes that are reputed to have been stolen and put on the black market would have been Really Handy in 2003. It would have really taken the sting out of the fact that we started a war over weapons of mass destruction that apparently don't exist anymore, and on top of that, when another one finally did go off, not only would it vindicate the war in Iraq after the fact, but it would provide a credible link to Iran and Syria since Iraq has a history of handing weapons over to its neighbors for protection from the US.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by The Vagabond]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I am not trying to be a fear monger here, but I sincerely believe this event is likely, if not today or tomorrow, then another day soon. Perhaps trying to place a date on something like this is foolish, hell we still cant confirm that the drill is even taking place today. However, can it really hurt to be mentally ready?

I also don't understand the personal attacks, or people proposing that the OP loses points. Is there a better arena to discuss such things, no matter how speculative they are? It's one thing to agree or disagree, but personal attacks cross the line. No one made you read this thread...

Originally posted by The Vagabond

So what nuclear material would "make sense" that the US can get its hands on?

Wasn't one of the least reported stories of 2006 something about Halliburton supplying Nigerian Uranium to Iran? The point here is if they wanted to do a false flag attack, where they get the material probably wouldn't be to big of an issue. These people have essentially unlimited intelligence assets.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have just thought of something, and perhaps i am merely overly-paranoid, or perhaps i am thinking strangely.

Surely, ATS must rank high on the US governments list of places where people who are, in a way, a danger to its administration. Now, i suggested that the attack probobly would NOT happen now, since we have been harping on about it here for days, and the government would look retarded if they went ahead, we would just know too much about it, unlike 9/11, we would have pre-knowledge.

However. If they DID go on with it, could they not kill 2 birds with one stone? They could nuke a city, and because WE had been discussing it for days here, use the fact that we knew about it to try and label this site as a hotbed for "terrorsit activity" and perhaps even try to finger who they see as the more "dangerous" members as terrorists...

Am i just too paranoid?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
They can't use a military nuke. Even if they were able to somehow keep the material from being traced, the ratio of the yield to the wasted material would be wrong for an ameteur-built nuke. They'll need a real live home-made nuke to be dirty and small enough.

Good point

And where will they get someone to build it who is too stupid to figure out what the government would want with a home made nuke?
They'll have to help a real live terrorist, like they probably did on 9/11.

Well why don't they just knock it up in the same place they build the military ones - just when everyones gone home

What i'm getting at is that i'm sure that wont be a huge hurdle for the US govt. They've probably got a secret army of science and tech guys that signed away their lives 20 years ago and have been working in one of those deep underground bases since. You could tell these mole techs any thing - and the best thing about it is they would be quietly disposed of, or lobotomized and sent to work in the Dilithium mines.

And then where will they get a uranium that makes sense? They can't steal it from most foreign sources because if that operation fails the terrorists will be interrogated, they will name their backers, and those backers will be traced to the US Government.

US sinks N.Korean ship on its way to Iran Did you catch that thread? Even occurred 12th July - more than enough time to send divers down - thats if they didn't just take any material before sinking it.

Edit - lol, just seen you did catch that thread and regard it as disinfo, oh well

[edit on 5/8/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
Wasn't one of the least reported stories of 2006 something about Halliburton supplying Nigerian Uranium to Iran?

I dont have direct knowledge but I recall hearing about such a story. Thing is that it would have been unenriched.

I've got a thread at the moment on how easy it is to acquire uranium, use crude, inefficient enrichment techniques, and build a very crude bomb that would -probably- go off, with a little luck, so I certainly wouldn't say that's impossible.

However I'm not sure that the US would introduce that into their plot because of the increased complication of the process that was being blamed on terrorists.

The simpler the actions are, the more likely people are to believe that terrorists really were behind it.

If you can buy enriched uranium along with the data on that uranium that you would need to calculate the critical mass, it would be fairly easy to build a crude gun-type nuclear device.

But the required knowledge and equipment to enrich it yourself and measure the properties of it to accurately calculate the critical mass and build a working weapon are higher, and a little less believable. Not undoable, not unbelievable, but harder, which means that there would be more resistance to the official story.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by theEnd2007
I predict a nuclear attack on America this Monday.

August 6. is the most likely date for the "American Hiroshima" attack since Hiroshima itself was nuked on this day. Wether Al-Qaeda nukes the US in American local time or Hiroshima local time, i don't know.

Intelligence gathered from captured al-Qaida documents and interrogations of captured operatives has provided the U.S. with some specific information about Osama bin Laden's favored dates for his decade-long plan for an "American Hiroshima" nuclear terrorist attack .

Numbers, calendars important
to bin Laden include Aug. 6
www.worldnetdaily.com...

What do you guys think?

[edit on 4-8-2007 by theEnd2007]

Considering the fact that Osama Bin Laden is already dead, I highly doubt it.

www.foxnews.com...

edition.cnn.com...

Now people claiming to be Al Qaida with help from the Mossad, I can believe. But it ain't gonna happen tomorrow.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join