It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear attack on America is very(!) imminent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I would be wondering where Ron Paul will be on the fifth. Or maybe Shrillery or Obama.

Might as well make it count, if you're the one doing it.

Seriously, an oil tanker with nuke that could be launched several hundred feet strait up would take out half the refining capabilities of the US if the Huston/Galveston area was targeted.

Real terrorist would get more bang for the buck (sorry) that way, as it would be both an immediate and a long term catastrophe.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
WOW!
That's a bold prediction. I absolutely hope your wrong. You never know though do you?

I never did like monday's anyway

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Also keep in mind that in the event of a catastrophe, Bush will become "dictator"...

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The fact that there is a total lack of information regarding specifics about this Noble Resolve drill is extremely disconcerting to me. I really sincerely hope this does not happen, but too many things are lining up for me to simply dismiss this. Not only that, but my Grandparents live in Portland. I am tempted to warn them somehow.

Lets just take a list of reasons why this makes sense:

-Major news media reporting imminent Al-Quada threat over the summer, more so than I have ever seen, and I've been watching the news like a hound since 9/11.

-Consistent predictions of an Attack taking place soon:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

-The anniversary of Hiroshima.

-Amtrak cancelling all trains on Aug 5th as the above poster stated.

-Noble Resolve 2 set to carry out terror drills imitating a Nuclear attack on Portland, Oregon, set to occurr sometime in August.

-The Bush Administration creating executive orders to be applied following a catastrophic event:
I ask would they create such an order if they didn't intend to use it?

-Iraq is a mess, Iran is a major problem, and there a very few options to improve the situation. One of those is to somehow revamp the war on terror by creating another, more devestating false flag attack on US soil, perhaps to agitate the American people into supporting a total invasion of the Middle east and nuclear strikes on Iran.

I hope all these things turn out to be just a coincidence.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Very interesting Vipassana. And don't forget Chertoffs "gut feeling" about a terrorattack this summer.

If an attack WAS to happen this summer there is no doubt in my mind that it would happen on August 6. (Aug 5. American time).

By the way..Are terrordrills like the one tomorrow in Portland happening on a regular basis elsewhere in the US? I mean, if drills like this happen often this drill may not be that significant?

[edit on 4-8-2007 by theEnd2007]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Further edification...

For those interested:

That thread details the ATS Predictions & Prophecies Forum criteria and policy regarding threads in that forum... This thread did not meet that criteria (but it does quite well here).

And with that.. Back on topic!

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
A big
for the Mod that listens to the people. You rock. And thanks for letting this thread rise or fall on it's own merit without being strangled at birth by having it hidden in BTS.

And now boys and ghouls, enlighten me as to why I need to fear this month of my birth.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by theEnd2007
Intelligence gathered from captured al-Qaida documents and interrogations of captured operatives has provided the U.S. with some specific information about Osama bin Laden's favored dates for his decade-long plan for an "American Hiroshima" nuclear terrorist attack .

What do you guys think?

While I have no doubt that the illuminati target specific dates to carry out their plans, at the same time I find it extremely difficult to believe that Osama Bin Laden sat around with his buddies in a cave and chatted about his favorite dates.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Im not trying to scare anybody. I just want to warn people about this coming attack wich is going to happen in the near future.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by theEnd2007]

O yea, the title of this topic doesn't sound like you're trying to scare anyone at all.

Anyways, this is just another sensational thread title/claim which just contains silly speculation and no proof.. like 99% of the theories/predictions on these forums which never come true. Aug 6 will come and go just like every other day, and guys like you will keep making doom and gloom posts titled like this to get attention or till they get "lucky" and actually get something right.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by Darkestroom4]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Expect to be visited by men in suits or black military gear with search warrants or worse if you turn out to be right. Even if you just guessed it. If your lucky you might be held and questioned briefly.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
So, why the date setting? We all already know it isn't if but, when, and how do we know that? The same *SNIP* way we know it isn't terrorist related. Who owns them? Does it matter at this point? Standing on a buning ladder is not the safest option. Neither is standing up. Thanks be to the benevolent dictator some call president.

[edit on 8/4/2007 by Churchmouse]

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
The fact that there is a total lack of information regarding specifics about this Noble Resolve drill is extremely disconcerting to me. I really sincerely hope this does not happen, but too many things are lining up for me to simply dismiss this. Not only that, but my Grandparents live in Portland. I am tempted to warn them somehow.

Lets just take a list of reasons why this makes sense:

Couple of reasons why an actual attack wouldn't make sense:

1.) If such an attack were to take place, immediate suspicion would fall upon the government itself as the perpetrator, thanks in large part to speculators such as yourself and the "persistence of memory" provided by the internet... and forums such as ATS.

2.) How would the supposed "terrorists" the government would finger as the perpetrators of such a heinous act, have acquired a working nuke? Even if OBL, or one of his minions, were to have been able to cobble a device together in some basement or cave somewhere, And successfully transport said device across the ocean, undetected, there is little likely-hood that such a device, previously untested, would detonate on command.

It is possible that a weapon could have been stolen and purchased by terrorists on the black market.

The legendary Russian Suitcase Nukes come to mind.

But anything available would likely either be so old as to be degraded past operability, or modern enough to be equipped with safety features making it useless as anything but an extremely expensive material source for a radiological "dirty bomb" device.

Scary, but not very dangerous.

Now I will concede that, if such an attack were to occur, a port city such as Portland, OR would be a strategically logical target. And OBL (if he still lives!)/AQ have shown themselves to be keen military/political strategists.

I have long believed that, due to their economic assets and easy access, port cities make very attractive targets for attack; espicially with "one-shot" high value weapons like WMD's.

The strategic value of a country's ports is inversely proportionate to the number of ports said country possesses. As I have postulated previously, taking out the port of Hiafa in Israel with even a small crude (especially a crude, and therefore relatively "dirty" nuke!) would most certainly cripple the country and probably lead to its ultimate extinction.

With all due respect to Portland and its citizens, when compared to other US port cities, such as San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, or New York, Portland OR is somewhat "second tier".

But that just serves to make Portland an even likelier target, since potential attackers might expect security measures to be less formidable.

Still, I don't see any immediate reason to alarm the grandfolks.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I am not apathetic about matters of terrorism, human suffering and possible anihilation understand, however history has shown it is to be expected, no? As does our current world situation prove to show we are on such a path of, and to, destruction again.

It's a part of life-death and destruction- war, poverty, disease...we do what we can to prepare ourselves, protect ourselves, and help the poor, needy, oppressed, etc... but at some point as well, mustn't we come to the realization there are some things, we can do nothing about?

My point being...it is fun to speculate, and for some to even obsess about, predicting dates and times of mass destruction, armagedden, terrorist attacks, Christ's return, alien visitation, etc...

But do it for fun, because to what end does it help you to try to predict disaster and worry, and obsess, and alarm others? If you are really concerned, practice food storage, keep fresh batteries around, a radio, camping/survival gear, chem gear, etc and a plan for living in a world gone mad if you live through what is, at some point, enevitable-war in america, the next world war, terrorism at your front door-whatever. Do what you can and then-relax.

Because hysteria never helps anyone....and mass hysteria is even worse.

Above all-don't be afraid to die.

If you are...figure out why-and then take approprate actions to change that. Once you are prepared for death-it beats even being prepared for war or disaster.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Say what you want about rense but this "prediction" of yours seem to come back every now and again. Just thought it would be an interesting add to the thread.

Cheney determined to strike with WMD within the US this summer!

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
haha! That would make things interesting wouldn't it?

Talk about a bad monday!

I very much doubt this will happen, perhaps soon... but tomorrow?
the logic behind the prediction is BS.

"remember that there are in fact two towers, two minus one is one.
one, one: eleven. two minus one is one. one, one. and there are nine members on silverscenes board of directors. that's nine one one. nine eleven. and take two minus one plus eleven and you get twelve."

Compliments of Cartman (South Park)

He could go on all day.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Portland is pretty close to the border, this would be a great reason to "seal the borders" or some other extreme measure.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I'll just take all this information with a teaspoon of sugar (or whatever the saying is). There is really nothing we can do about it, so there is no point in stressing it. If the event actually occurs, I'm sure that The Three Amigos would be more than happy to speak on the news and explain that ATS had predicted what would happen.

Then again, the news would probably ignore them and go with 24-7 Bush coverage.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Heres hoping it doesn't happen, for starters.

To turn the enemies dependence of technology & its way of life against themselves.

And to the uber conspiracy folk, you've seen this scenario on TV on at least 3 occasions in the last 6 months, 24, Jericho & Heroes. mmmmmmm conditioning.

Personally, I don't believe it / unlikely, but can't rule it out.

Not to de rail this thread, but is anyone an EMP informed/expert???
I think this will be the unseen destructive element aside from the fallout etc.

What that would do to our emergency & utility services is a serious consideration.

Going to check out the Prophecies board now.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Some thread titles are behaving just like mass-media that try to grab our attention at any price and induce panic and worry. Rather than imitating mass-media, shouldnt a forum like this be looking behind the workings of mind-control and fear-induction? Doesnt conspiracy-theory intelligently state that we should look behind who is trying to gain attention and who is trying to create a problem?

In the last weeks Ive read about 20 posts here predicting disaster at certain dates. The dates passed without the disasters coming true. I am all for preparedness, but all against creating worry and panic without any substantial evidence.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Numbers, calendars important to bin Laden include Aug. 6
www.worldnetdaily.com...

I don't think World NUT Daily knows what is important to Bin Laden.

Originally posted by D.E.M.
Hiroshima was nuked because they felt like it, Japan was broken, America just wanted to assert itself as a superpower in a way the whole world would sit up and stare at.

:shk: Japan was NOT broken. They were still VERY capable of mass killing Americans and they had no intention of ending the war. Have you ever been to Hiroshima? No? I have. I lived in Japan for three years. You should visit sometime. Hiroshima was bombed - it needed to be - and it was JAPANs FAULT that it was.

Originally posted by dgtempe
Please, stop predicting something that is very unlikely and has no basis...

The date of THIS Monday due to Hiroshima has no basis. However, the prediction that someday a terrorist will get off a nuke in the USA IS very likely.

Originally posted by Dan5647
If we get nuked on Monday, a lot of stuff could happen:
1. Start of WW3
2. War in another country (Iran, N. Korea), or many countries

We are already in World War III. We are already at war with Iran - a proxy war with Iran is being fought in Iraq.

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Also keep in mind that in the event of a catastrophe, Bush will become "dictator"...

It depends on the size and scope of the catastrophe to make the POTUS a 'dictator'. One dirty bomb in one city probably wouldn't be enough to do it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join