It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Pictures I took at Toketee Falls Oregon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
My boyfriend and I went camping last month at Toketee falls off Highway 138 in southern Oregon. Basically we were trying to burn off a couple days in that area before heading north to Cresent Lake to get a good site. (It was the weekend and there are not any sites right on the lake if you don't get in late sunday/early monday) We had never been to the area before and were in luck with a map of the falls in the area (there seem to be numerous falls just either off the highway or shortly down National Forest Service roads, absolutely gorgeous I recommend you go if you can. You have to hike in to them, but aside from the vertical they are no more than four miles at the most from the trail head) This is rugged country, with just the main highway cutting through four national forests on the way from Roseburg to the junction with 97 (the main north/south road in central Oregon). I was delighted with discovering this campground and disturbed a huge whitetail while gathering wood two campsites over. The campground is by a stream that feeds into this beautiful little lake. I must state that the only thing that disturbed me was a bird call repeating the first night we was there. It was middle dark (I don't take a watch when camping) and it woke me up. I thought "that's weird" and listened for a while and then went back to sleep. I guess I thought it was earlier than it was. I heard a woodpecker the next day, but by golly, it was a woodpecker. The campground is further on down the road from the falls about two miles down a national forest road. Beautiful country. I took lots and lots of pictures while I was in this area, and chose one of the pictures of Toketee falls for my background pic on my computer. I had this thing on there for about two weeks before I noticed the figure in the bottom left corner. These pictures were taken about three minutes apart from the viewing platform at the falls. I have these in photobucket and am not sure if I should post the tag or copy the url. They are large.

i67.photobucket.com...

what the heck is this thing?

i67.photobucket.com...

why are the pictures different?

I hope the links work and someone could help me out. I realize it is just another "blobsquatch" but i hope I put the pictures in the correct order and someone could tell me that I am just imagining things....

[edit on 4-8-2007 by ilikebluepez]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It's like 'Where's Waldo'. I am sorry, I don't see anything.

Please give me another hint.

NNP

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Sorry, but I'm just not seeing anything...give me a hint?

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I see a very good picture of a very beautiful waterfall...

Unfortunately, that's BTS material.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I really hope she isn't talking about the submerged tree branches in the water.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I'm guessing this is the part of the picture ilikebluepez is talking about.
A little brightening and magnification make it more visible.

Looks like a play of light and shadow on a rock formation to me.

[edit on 8/4/2007 by eaglewingz]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The OP noted she had these pics on her screen two weeks before she spotted it. Heck, it might take me two weeks also! I can't see a thing and I am sincerely trying very hard.

Maybe the OP can give us some type of pointer or assistance in finding the anomaly.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I see what appears to be some kind of debris on the left of the bottom of the falls where the water spreads out to the left, but nothing really abnormal other then a white design or something lying on the ground.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I've looked again and I just don't see anything other than a very pretty waterfall. Hopefully the OP will come back and give me a hint, 'cause it's very frustrating...

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm not the OP, but here's a brightened version of the picture. I've circled the area where I see the "face" from my post above.

The whole picture makes it even more clear that the "figure" is rocks at the bottom of the cliff, enhanced by the tree branches.

external image

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Thank you for looking at this, I kinda hope it really is a submerged rock... but the water line seems wrong for that. I don't know what this is. It took me so long to see it because it was covered by an icon as my desktop image. I took these pictures about three minutes apart from what I remember being the same place on the viewing platform. I have circled the part that I thought was strange. If I am in the wrong place I apologize. It just seemed to me that someone out there would have better tech to look at this than I have.

i67.photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Looks like white water. Probably because there are some rocks there and the water from the fall is rushing over it.

Pretty picture.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
there is a tree branch there

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Thanks. It is probably just something like that. I feel better about going back to that area now, cause believe it or not... I don't want to see that critter up close and personal. The deer startled me enough that if it was a bigfoot I would have just fainted or something lame like that....lol... Now don't get me wrong, if I had my trusty camera on a train or a boat or someplace...far far away...I would be snapping pics like crazy. I do want to go back there, because that area is just unreal beautiful. Thanks for looking.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
ilikebluepez,

I see a face in the rock if that's what you are talking about. Almost as if it was carved there by human hands.

Its probably just what my mind wants to see, but interesting nonetheless.

What are you trying to show us? An animal?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
As the other said, it's white water. The reason in 119.jpg it looks as if it has eyes, is because the water is running over the rock. It's jutted out of the water.

It either that, or a chunk of whatever is on the shore beside it. (118.jpg).

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I noticed the face too biggie, but if you zoom in you can see the branch, amazing how many things I picked out, the longer you look the more you imagination sees

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
the reasonn they are different is 2 slightly different angles.... I dont see what you are looking for other than a nice waterfall with a nice little swimming area.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilikebluepez
what the heck is this thing?

i67.photobucket.com...

Its called a waterfall......they are all over the place !

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
I'm guessing this is the part of the picture ilikebluepez is talking about.
A little brightening and magnification make it more visible.

Looks like a play of light and shadow on a rock formation to me.

Hmmm..I don't think that's it - as that is in both photos...

J.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join