It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rochester NY, CRAZY UFO's all over the sky

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
So this is my first official UFO report, and first post on this web site even thou I have been reading for along time. Tonight Aug 2nd 2007 I was eating out side and I had to go to the bathroom and no-one was in my back yard so I went to go relive myself, and I noticed a really bright light directly over head. As I was looking at this ‘star’ all of a sudden it shot across the sky so fast that I almost peeded on my self.

I ran to get my family to come look at what I was seeing, I ran to them and was screaming at them to come as fast as they could to see this thing before it left. Needless to say my mom and sister were quite confused as to what I was talking about. So me my girlfriend, mom sister and myself were looking at this thing and it shot across the sky again, I myself am now a raving lunatic saying “it’s a bleeping UFO” when the object moved it would get really bright and blue and move really fast and stop instantly, I could not believe my eyes.

Then my sister pointed out some more moving objects in the sky, they all looked like stars but were moving and seemed to be intelligently controlled as they would maneuver threw the sky. There were about 6 dots of lights and they all formed two isosceles triangles one was very large and the other was about 1/3 the size and “short and fat”. There was allot of random flashes in the sky and no clouds at the time., and no thunder at all. The flashes took on a purple hue. We were all standing out side watching these things move across the sky with huge flashes going off (it looked like lightning but with out the lightning bolt) we were out there for about 10 min, and I started to notice allot of ‘normal’ air traffic.

The normal planes were flying very high and very fast, we concluded that some of them must be Air Force due to the speed they were traveling at and the strange strobe and wing light patterns. And to top it all off this strange wobbly craft possibly a small private plane (the reason I say that is the patterns of lights on the what appeared to be wings was very off and the thing looked like it was going to drop out of the sky due to the severe yaw of the air craft) the six lights that first came in the the picture appeared to be getting smaller as if they were gaining altitude, and once again my sister saw a small craft come out of one of the bright stars and it appred to obtain a orbit and disappeared about 30 sec. After it came out of the main craft.

I have never seen anything like this before and I don’t think I will ever see anything like it again. Tomorrow I am bringing a camera and a telescope with me just in case they decide to come back for another fly by. My family and I discussed what we thought it was, and it was a general consensus that it was definitely not a conventional aircraft but was possibly some new type of space/LEO propulsion system. My girlfriend is pretty shaken up as she was a firm non-believer in exotic tech. Or dare I say aliens.

My mom and sister think it was some test of something and myself well I am on the fence as to what it could be, it would be nice to think that we(humans) have figured out how to fly and manufacture such craft but part of me(the part that saw how they fly) is not so sure a human could handle such extremes, but there are always UAV’s strange and exotic weather, and a lot of smart people with a lot of money(us gov.) so who really knows what the lights were in the sky tonight, I just hope they come back so I can get a picture.

EDIT: Edited by the SPCP (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Paragraphs), for readability...

[edit on 3-8-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
penroc3:

Are any of your family members willing to verify this report? Have you any photographic images of these lights?

I am NOT intending to sound like nuisance but, after all, this IS ATS.

What means are available to us to vet your report?

Springer...

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The only positive from this story is that you're not saying that you dont know how to upload pictures.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
well if its ture then its true something big is going to happen,first increase in ufo sightings then istanbul and england,sight in romania and now mass sighting here?

ISNT IT ABOUT TIME SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING IN THE NEWS?
how long will they cover everything?

[edit on 3/8/07 by Unisol]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Found This Report which sounds very similar to yours. Maybe you should get in touch with them.

Witnesses from various community neighborhoods around Western New York have reported experiencing sudden flashes of intense light emanating from unknown sources.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
It sounds like this could be the beginning of major sightings in the U.S. It would certainly be nice to see a bunch of UFOs flying overhead. Hmmm.... maybe Prophet Yahweh can summon some for me.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Wow. Just wow. This is now the third or so post I have made linking to D4rk Kn1ght's prediction. I hope all those who called him crazy, and were negative towards him, reconsider their position at least on it.

Of course, it may not be anything to do with it. But it's definitely really strange to be getting all these reports, just like he said we would. Damn.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Mass sightings ? Some of these sightings have only been balloons etc , the sighting in Stratford England occurred at the same time as someone letting Chinese Lanterns off from a local Rugby Club. As for the Turkey sighting the only video ive seen looks like someone dangling an object in front of a window

[edit on 3-8-2007 by The_Coo]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Are we ever going to see any pictures/videos of these mass sightings? It's interesting how this isn't gathering more attention at this point. Hmm. I guess we should just wait and see.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Exciting stuff may be afoot!

Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but... is it just me or has there been an unusually high amount of UFO sightings/talk lately. I haven't been a member long, so I wouldn't know.

But yowzas!! 2012 here we come!

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
Mass sightings ? Some of these sightings have only been balloons etc

I'm not sure who you are replying to, but nobody has mentioned any incidence of mass sightings yet in this thread. Read the OP, he clearly says he was watching a star as it suddenly shot acrosss the sky at an unbelievable speed. That's hardly a chinese lantern, though I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone brought them up!

*edit* Sorry, still waking up, I see now who you were replying to. But I don't think it deserved to "dirty" this thread with a "lantern" association!

Here's a link to D4rk Kn1ght's original prediction thread (read past the first page to see the prediction)

[edit on 3-8-2007 by adjay]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spec01
Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but... is it just me or has there been an unusually high amount of UFO sightings/talk lately.

It's summer time. There's always an increase in sightings (and hoaxes, obviously) around this time of the year. It's nothing too exciting... Not yet at least. There's usually predictions detailing mass sightings, changes, contact, and then a bunch of new pictures and videos which leads people into thinking something new is up. It's almost always the same deal though.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
well if its ture then its true something big is going to happen,first increase in ufo sightings then istanbul and england,sight in romania and now mass sighting here?

ISNT IT ABOUT TIME SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING IN THE NEWS?
how long will they cover everything?

[edit on 3/8/07 by Unisol]

Where are the 'increased' sightings in England please ?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I read Darkknights thread before until I got to the pic he posted that 'made him leave'. Think Ive actually seen him post on here again in the past few weeks

I wasnt trying to dirty the thread with the lantern theory but they are used quite a lot nowadays and people do seem to mistake a bunch of them high up for something else

[edit on 3-8-2007 by The_Coo]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
You know, i was wandering last night, just how many stars in the sky are actually stars? I swear to god, on several occasions the odd star would move a distance, then stop again, and sometimes then disappear, or get brighter.

The fact that you got other people to see them with you is exceptional

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The OP mentioned the sightings at time looked "like" lightning. For the record there were no weather disturbances in the Rochester to Syracuse area yesterday or last night. Due to the dominating high pressure system there was nary a cloud at all. Just wanted to mention this to eliminate lightning as a theory.

Looks like I should have interviewed at BCBS in Rochester yesterday evening instead of yesterday morning....

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
To be honest ufo reports don't really stand up with evidence...So a random report with no pictures or video footage isn't doing nothing for me....But i wouldn't give this a second thought until some evidence comes alight. That picture took by the ufo group looks interesting though.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Titian, can you rule out heat lightning?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Personally, I'm hoping the sightings do increase in the U.S. It seems that Britian has had it's fair share as of late. EDIT: Not that I'm complaining ... any sighting, no matter where it occurs, is of great interest to me.

The O'Hare sighting was a decent multiple-witness sighting, but it came and went rather quickly with only minimal media coverage and a few disclosures on info here on ATS that were not picked up by main-stream media. I'd love for some new creditable incidents to pop up and raise some attention.

I'll keep watching the skys. I'm a smoker, unfortunately, and am usually outside late at night. I've seen a couple lights in the sky here and there, but nothing worth running for the camera or even posting a thread about. But, I'm always looking. Glad to know others watch the sky also.

[edit on 3-8-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I live 5 minutes outside of rochester and was outside with a friend swimming late last night after a movie (it was still like 80 degrees out). We kept seeing strange flashes from the sky just as you described! (though no "UFO's") We thought it was heat lightning, though - it had been 94 that day and was still 80-81 outside that evening. I've never really seen heat lighting, but we just assumed that's what it was.

Edit: OP - when did you see this activity? I'm wondering if our times line up! While I didn't experience anything "otherworldly" I certainly saw strange flashing in the skies from my backyard.

[edit on 3-8-2007 by miheavner]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join