It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JOHN TITOR PREDICTIONS first test for truth of what he says?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
For people who dont know John Titor claimed to be a time traveler.

www.johntitor.com...

heres a question someone asked him:

Are the Olympics still being played in the future?

60. As a result of the many conflicts, no, there were no official Olympics after 2004. However, it appears they may be revived in 2040.

Well its 2004 now so we shall see wont we, he seems to make it clear there are no Olympics after 2004, for what reasons we dont know 2008 would be next Olympics.

ALSO this too what John Titor says for 2004:

65. The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII.

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by blobby]

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by blobby]

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
*bangs head against brick wall several time*

Titor has been upgraded from fraud to F**KING FRAUD.

He's making predictions relatively far into the future so people forget about them, his "work" fiction or not, is not even his own.

There are many tests that he has not adhered to. You believe because you WANT to. Simple psychology.

I swear i'm going to throttle the next person who says "titor said"

Some people on the bulletin boards where Titor originally posted claim to be sure it was a hoax, having been in indirect contact with the author who claims it was a joke which got out of hand. Others suggest the time travelling device itself is an obsolete radioisotope dectector found in many army/navy surplus stores, thus indicating that the device seen in photos is fake.

Dr. Robert Brown, a physicist at Duke University argues the Titor story is a hoax. Brown analyzes the science involved in Titor's time travel explanations and states it is impossible- both in theory and practice. He alludes that Titor's story plagiarizes older science novels such as Michio Kaku's Hyperspace to construct his time travelling stories. He concludes his critique by suggesting that people are extremely gullible to believe the plausibility of Titor's time travel and stories of a post-apocalypse world.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I don't really buy Titors story.

If people were going to time travel they should've sent a force, and told the world what was going on if they needed to avoid such upcoming events you know...

I myself don't think time travel is possible, I think it'd be more like travelling into another dimension.

Well maybe it is possible but I would think it so complicated we wouldn't be able to do it for atleast another 100 or so years.

I think who ever the person is behind Titor just did some research and played to everyones fears and hopes.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well i dont know that, personally i dont beleive in what he says, but wouldnt it be that what i posted about this post be the finall proof we need to proove he was a fraud?

Just my opinion i was curious on what other people would say.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
When a civil war starts, I'll take his word as gospel.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
John Titor was some dude who found ammusement in getting people (some of which who reside on this board) to believe his fake, outrageous, and insane claims. He didn't do it for attention. He did it for a laugh......

Just goes to show how much people believe with no evidence. Search him out on google. There is plenty of people who believed everything he said to the last insignificant word. As of now, they are probably coming up with a way to believe him even though he was wrong. Maybe they are saying time travellers don't experience time. That seven days to him really equates to millions of years in our time......

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
Well i dont know that, personally i dont beleive in what he says, but wouldnt it be that what i posted about this post be the finall proof we need to proove he was a fraud?

Just my opinion i was curious on what other people would say.

Yeah, but according to what he (titor) has already said, time travel places you in a different multiverse every time. He said that this one is only a few degrees removed from where he came, so certain things will occur differently.
He would probably (if he wanted to continue the hoax), just argue that he was wrong about how far removed our universe is from the one he came from, etc etc........
Unless he gives up and admits that hes full of #, youre probably in for more of his crap in the coming years, regardless of how many of his 'prophecies' come unfulfilled.
BTW, I think hes bogus, if you havent figured that out already.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Another time traveler just popped in my head, I remember reading on yahoo about a guy who turned something like 1k in to 300 million, figures could be wrong but I know it was outrageous, went to jail for insider trading, claimed to be time traveller, supposedly no records could be found before 1996 of him.

I wonder if yahoo ever updated the story...

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'm with nerdling...

Quote;
"Others suggest the time travelling device itself is an obsolete radioisotope dectector found in many army/navy surplus stores, thus indicating that the device seen in photos is fake. "
however the detector is supposedly there to check radiation leaks into his cockpit...it is not the same as the device that he uses to travel time...but nevertheless...its a load of hooey....IMHO

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
EDIT: Well couldnt find a working link to the thread in question. But here is the official Statement from the SEC

sec.broaddaylight.com...

Many investors and other members of the public have asked us about news reports concerning the Andrew Carlssin, an alleged "time-traveler" who supposedly made a fortune in the stock market by trading in the year 2003 based on information gleaned from his travels to the future. The reports appear to be a hoax. The SEC has not, in fact, brought an enforcement action against any such person.

Regarding the time-travelling stock exchange guy that is.

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by Kano]

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Is Titor more of a hoax or more of an agent that is the question to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Geez, guys.

Titor is a fraud. It's a hoax. Check our forum libraries.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by blobby

All the proof of his fraud was in the FIRST STATEMENTS HE MADE about why he was here.

Unix won't blow up in 2036 (or whenver.) Nobody needs old copies of Unix. Unix is continually improved and upgraded and the time stamp issue won't happen in 2036 (just as Windows didn't crash and cause the end of the world in 2000.)

EVERYTHING HE'S SAID IS A FRAUD. HE'S SOME HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT/COLLGE FRESHMAN WITH A STUPID STORY THAT A FEW PEOPLE BELIEVED.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
EDIT: Well couldnt find a working link to the thread in question. But here is the official Statement from the SEC

sec.broaddaylight.com...

Many investors and other members of the public have asked us about news reports concerning the Andrew Carlssin, an alleged "time-traveler" who supposedly made a fortune in the stock market by trading in the year 2003 based on information gleaned from his travels to the future. The reports appear to be a hoax. The SEC has not, in fact, brought an enforcement action against any such person.

Regarding the time-travelling stock exchange guy that is.

Figures.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It's pretty funny to see you all get so worked up about this subject. Why is some loon getting your panties all bunched up??? So what if someone wants to believe him. That's their business. If someone wants to spark a new discussion that's fine. They may have useful information that you geniuses may not have thought of. So give the guy a break already. Whether John Titor is a fraud or not isn't really that important. He did say some interesting things in his posts you have to give him that much.

Do I believe him? Not particularly...I think Time Travel is something thats farther in the future than Titor claims to have come from. But I do find his posts interesting. I do like to see what other people bring to the table about it.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I know this is a stupid place to drop a theory, but here it goes. (I DO NOT believe the Titor crap btw.)

Let's say the people in the future do come up with a device or method of travelling forward or backwards through time. If they ever were detected in this timeline by someone who then released the news about the device/method to the general public, it would be no problem to go back to the time before the news got out, and fix it. Problems like information leaks would seemingly never occur...right? It would be a benefit of having a time travelling device.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Funny, there are people here who say the "Bush Crime Family" planned and executed the 9/11 attack on the USA.

These are the same people that rip on Titor-ites for "farfetched" thinking?

Oh the irony...

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
No, you see, Titor is real! The only problem is he was the only one in his time with the will and abilities to go back in time and change things. Prevent our suffering. The time cops (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!) keep muttering something about the prime directive, and are trying to refute him and paste him as a fraud! And to do this, the time cops are going further back in time to make sure the things he says before WW3 don't happen, so no one will believe him...Huh...Guess he's getting what he wants, after all...

(j/k, by the way)

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Unix won't blow up in 2036 (or whenver.) Nobody needs old copies of Unix. Unix is continually improved and upgraded and the time stamp issue won't happen in 2036 (just as Windows didn't crash and cause the end of the world in 2000.)

Sorry but you are wrong, Unix clock cannot go beyond 2036 (19 January 2036, ~3 AM to be exact), it reverts back to 1901.
It causes large number of apps, especially web related ones (like this forum) to stop functioning properly.
So, in 2036 this forum would have all latest times stuck in 1901 year or could even stop working.

I tried putting clock on Mac OS X (BSD Unix) to 2036 and it goes to 1901, it's same with all other Unix distributions too.
I think fixing the problem may not be too easy since this is tied very deep into the system.

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by Megaquad]

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Nobody has ever "proven" 100% the origin of the time device. The "box" is still unknown despite all the experts out there. One expert said the science seems off. On a site where one source should not sway the majority, it does...

Interesting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join