It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AboveTopSecret.com Ad Banner Contest! (cash prizes)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
How would you like to help promote AboveTopSecret.com, get recognized for it, and make a little cash too?

If you're handy with Photoshop or Flash, this is your chance!

Announcing the AboveTopSecret.com Ad Banner Contest for Members

We're soon going to begin some advertising campaigns on a few websites and we need some banners. So we thought, who better to make our banners than our members?

It's very simple. Just create up to three of your best-thought out banners for AboveTopSecret.com in the standard 728x90 pixel format as an animated GIF or Flash banner. Each banner should represent a unique "campaign idea" that can easily be converted into other banner sizes and executions.

Our staff will select the top-five entries based on your creativity, positive portrayal of AboveTopSecret.com, and the development of a compelling reason to click the banner. Then, the finalists will be presented (without naming names) for the members to vote on first, second, and third place winners.

First Prize: $300.00 (US)
Second Prize: $150.00 (US)
Third Prize: $75.00 (US)

Runners-up will receive 100,000 ATS points as a consolation prize.

You will receive your prize award check after you convert and submit your winning banners in IAB sizes: 728x90, 160x600, and 300x250.

Winning banners will contain a "banner by member [member name]" message, so make sure your design leaves room for small text with this message (do not submit your banners with this message).

All three winning banners will be used in our online advertising campaigns.

Guidelines are as follows:

* Do not use "found" artwork or photography, stock "royalty free" photography from sources such as Corbis or Getty Images are encouraged but purchase costs should not exceed a total of $150 for use in the final banners (use FPO artwork to create your submissions).

* Focus on a positive message about AboveTopSecret.com (do not use "ATS"), for example: "With over 3.2 million posts from more than 50,000 members, you could say the truth is in here." When in doubt, short and to-the point is best.

* Banners with surprising animation or unexpected messaging work best, as long as it's not annoying.

* File size cannot exceed 20k for animated GIF or 35k for Flash (.swf files).

* You must be 18 or over and willing to supply us with your offline identity if you win (paypal payments will not be supported).

* No more than three submissions from any member.

* You may work in a team of up to two members (one for design, and one for concept or copy writing), but will be expected to split the prize money.

* Submit your entries by email to business(at)theabovenetwork.com as attachments, or multiple entries in a ZIP file. Your entry email should include your member name, your age, and your agreement to provide offline contact info in the event you win a prize. DO NOT use any portion of your ATS username when you name your files.

DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES is August 1st, 2007 with voting to begin the week of August 6th.

Good luck!!

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well I am not into any type of computer graphics art
so It will be out of the question for me to participate.

But I am sure that is very worthy members that will do a great job with their inspiration, skills and great imagination.

The money is good, I can not wait to see some brilliant minds at work here.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
NOW ... if that's not the epitome of Member-Driven Content and participation, then I don't know what is.

Fire-Up your Photoshop folks! The game is on and you're being called to task. Give us your best, as only the Best will do.

What's that Beatles tune, again?

Oh, yeah ... that's right, It's getting better all the time.

/cheerleader

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Now I am not into graphics, so unless someone wanted to pick my poor old pickled brain, this will be for others to do.

But it might help to know the target audience, as in where these banners will end up. I don't mean as in naming names, but there are a lot of VERY different types of sites on the web.

So, are we talking other conspiracy sites? UFO sites? mainstream news sites?Jane Normal cooking sites? Automotive site?

You see the idea? As Johnny Five said, " More input, please. More input!"

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
i am in

even if i lose the 100k points is attracting aswell

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Nice one Mr Overlord, I love a challenge like this and will have a go time permitting.

Time for square eyes and aching digits.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Haha, yay, now I have a temporary purpose in life!!! J/K J/K

I'll do it because it seems really fun, and its a win win situation!! I think I'm gonna do the flash banner, since I'm horrible at photoshop.

Anyways, so I just read this part:

Banners with surprising animation or unexpected messaging work best, as long as it's not annoying.

And my question is what do you consider annoying? Examples?

Oh and one more question: Should the animation loop multiple times, or should just play once and then stop?

[edit on 12-7-2007 by skyblueff0]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'm fluent with photoshop, flash, etc. but a bit lacking in inspiration, so if someone has ideas but not the skills, I wouldn't mind teaming up.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
this reminds me of the old banners we used to have and my idea to have a banner contest (back in july of '05):

an idea: "ATS banner contest"...

[edit on 12-7-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
time to fire up flash, this is a good chance to get my web design skills tuned since im trying to get back into the field

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Bribing respectable members with CASH to promote ATS? I've seen it all.

/7A out

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Bribing respectable members with CASH to promote ATS? I've seen it all

I think its amazing that this site OUR site has evolved to the point where a cash prize can be offered,

Im sure the respectable members will come forward and assure you they are not being bribed,

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Excuse me?

How about thinking of it like a rational human being and realize the following:

The amigos have decided to do some promoting. They could hire out a firm to do it. However, realizing from many perspectives (such as avatars and other contests) that we have a HUGE amount of talented members on ATS, they chose to offer it up here first.

Why shouldn't they offer the opportunity to an ATS member first?

I honestly don't understand where you get off calling this a "bribe" or whatever. Thinking before you speak would be a great idea in a case like this.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon

/7A out

I take it you like this idea then.

Or could you be a little jealous that you don't have the skill to contribute in this endeavour? It's nothing to be ashamed of. I couldn't do this either but I don't have a problem with the members getting a reward for the hard effort and time they put in.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I agree that using the talents of the ATS community to help promote the site is a great idea, but I dont think that offering cash is in the spirit of the community.
I love the ATS ethos of shared ideas and coming together to ask questions, but I feel that bringing money into the equation goes against that.

I have no problem with other people entering, and I am sure we will see amazing results, but I for one won't enter, and just felt the need to speak up.

Thanks

Dan

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

* Focus on a positive message about AboveTopSecret.com (do not use "ATS")

Do you mean don't use the "ATS" abbreviation, or ANY reference to Abovetopsecret.com?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
For those of you like me who know nothing about designing these kinda things you too can have a go.

Almost every proffesional program or software there is can be used as a free trial to download for 30 days in most cases.

Just do a search on "Free animated flash design" or "Web design editing" or anything like that and you will find those free trials.

I know nothing about design but have decided to give it a go purely because its fun

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
And nerbot i think your av is a absolute classic and should be entered after a bit of tweaking with some text effects

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon

/7A out

Actually, I'm not sure just where you made the "Bribing respectable members" connection. It was made Very clear that this was a Competition, where the Winners will be Awarded ... just as with the Many ongoing and past ATS Games. (?)

True Colors are often times quite funny, though.

Originally posted by bigdanprice
... but I dont think that offering cash is in the spirit of the community.

An interesting point, Dan. Though, I'm well aware of your participation in past Avatar and graphics Contests ... where the Prize(s) were merely points.

Why wouldn't you lend your talents to that which could ultimately prove beneficial on both accounts? ... and possibly better ATS on the whole?

I've seen your efforts, and they're quite formidable ... if I do say so myself.

Why shouldn't said efforts be A[re]warded? Whether it be in a monetary manner, or otherwise? I know MY time is money ... why should someone else's be deemed otherwise?

$.02

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'm not to good at this stuff,but i'm game.heck,i'd be happy to win points.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join