It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What and/or Who Woke You Up?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Just curious what event/person/book, etc. woke you up to the New World Order and the tentacles of its power in the world?

Personally, I stumbled upon the Alex Jones radio program one day and began listening. This opened my mind to several things and I began doing my own research.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Alex Jones for me

Mods sorry for the one liner but it is what it is..

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
My own research project in high school, probably starting with the Patriot Act. Maybe even before that, I'm not quite sure.

Being 'woken' up is a slow process. The truth reveals over time one isn't all of a sudden awake 100%. There are still things we need to bring to light and it may take decades, but hopefully sooner.

To be honest, I never really believed what I was told in church. I knew it was all a scam to get us to donate money to the congregation. I always knew the path to God was a personal one and no pastor/preacher could help one reach Him/Her/It any faster. It is always on one's own terms that one finds the ONE.

I would say though that somewhere around 2002-03 maybe a little before that the Patriot Act shook me pretty violently. Something didn't seem right in 2001 with the 9/11 attacks. I just never understood how something like this could happen, it seemed too surreal. Then I started researching and...little to my surprise the pieces of the puzzle didn't fit.

I don't think I can give you one particular instance for my change in perspective. It is a proces after all...Still ongoing, till the day I die.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
When I was about 14 I was traveling cross country on the greyhound bus when I was approached by a "bag lady" She went on about how we were all going to have to have social security numbers even if we weren't of working age and how we would be tracked by computers and couldn't travel freely or anonomously.

At that time it was around 1975 and the things she said seemed preposterous.

However I somehow believed she was on to something and it seemed like she was crazy but I think she was crazy like a fox.

I then became a fan of Robert Anton Wilson and he also encouraged a different type of thinking.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
When i was at school, i stumbled across things that are some things that are going on. This was back in 1992, but i never really considered all this stuff until around 1999 or 2000 when my life really fell apart.

There is stuff going on here that is so weird, but the general public have no clue for the most part. This means those with the power get to use it on the public, and the public is unaware.

[edit on 7/6/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think I've always known that authority was not to be trusted and what I learned through growing up confirmed I am usually always right.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
A few years ago i clicked on a link that said "the 5 most eccentric people that you've never heard of" (something to that nature). And i came across a man who thinks that George Bush is actually a shape-shifting Reptile, and he recently gave a speach at some university and got a standing ovation. I thought it was hillarious but i was also confused how this guy could get a standing ovation from a bunch of college graduates. I did a hell of a lot of research and i thought "damn, this guy is on to something!"

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I think I've always known that authority was not to be trusted and what I learned through growing up confirmed I am usually always right.

Same here, I was anti establishment, before I knew what it meant.

Monkey

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Follow the logic:

A conspiracy is 3 or more people who agree to commit a crime, and an overt act by any one of them which furthers that crime.

A conspiracy is founded on trust. Every member must have faith in every other member, at least until the statute of limitations run out. There is no statute of limitations on murder. You get involved in a conspiracy to commit murder, you and your co-conspirators are in it for life. You must trust them absolutely, until the day you die.

Some people believe their was a conspiracy to kill JFK. Other people believe that would be impossible. Nobody who believes in a conspiracy to kill JFK answers the obvious question:

How could a conspiracy to murder JFK come into being?

3 possibilities. The first 2 are mentioned only to point out how ridiculous they are.

1) The Spontaneous Coalescence theory. Oswald, Earl Waren, LBJ, J. Edgar Hoover and a thousand other people are sitting in a diner. JFKs face comes on screen and everyone says simultaneously, "That &%#$ers got to go". They all look at each other, then start planning...

2) The Constructed conspiracy. There's this guy, see. The salesman from hell. Nobody ever said no to this guy. He went up to a hundred Dallas cops, and said to them "I'm from Washington, DC. We're going to kill the President. We're going to do it here, and we need your help." And they all said yes, because of the deep seated admiration of Texans for Washington, DC...

Both of these theories presume that the purpose of the conspiracy was to kill JFK. The members had nothing in common before Dallas, and nothing in common since Dallas. Yet they all signed on when approached, no one hesitated for a second, no one has had second thoughts since.

3) The Pre-existing ongoing conspiracy. Not a conspiracy to kill JFK. A conspiracy that existed long before JFK, and that exists to this day. A conspiracy that was interfered with by JFK. A conspiracy with members in Washington, Dallas, every two bit burg in America. A conspiracy with members in the CIA, the FBI, the Secret Service, Dallas PD - just everywhere.

A conspiracy everybody involved was already part of. Sworn to secrecy for life. A conspiracy to do something entirely different, that needed JFK out of their way.

J. Edgar Hoover, FBI Director: Sovereign Grand Comander of the Supreme Council of the 33d Degree of Freemasonry.

Earl Warren, Chief Supreme Court Justice : 33d Degree Freemason
Gerald Ford, Warren Commision member : 33d Degree Freemason
Allen Dulles, CIA Director : 33d Degree Freemason
Richard Russel, Warren Commision member: 33d Degree Freemason

Arlen Spector, counsel to the Warren Commision, 33d Degree Freemason

Earl Cabell, Mayor of Dallas, 33d Degree Freemason
Dealey plaza, named for George Bannerman Dealey, 33d Degree Freemason

Anybody see a pattern here?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I then became a fan of Robert Anton Wilson and he also encouraged a different type of thinking.

He's the one! Reading RAW in high school and researching the topics he touches on. Although I can't really say I am "awake", I do believe that I'm still trapped in chappel perilious. But now we have R.A.W. out there working in Cosmic Coincidence Control, so have faith!

Vas

MMP

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
As a child I never like to take anything at face value, I always ask why and want to know how things work. What really got me thinking about the dirty deeds of governments and those who hold political power was 9/11 In Plane Site. After looking into the topics discussed I found Loose Change and then Alex Jones. After fact checking some of the claims in a couple of Alex's movies, talking to my Grandfather and doing other research I "woke up" and found myself in a different world.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
My wake-up process happened over several years. It started though in December 1989.

I was part of a small group of soldiers who invaded Panama. We were told it was to capture Manual Noriega. Yet one day after I hit the ground, I found myself guarding a Bank.

I was told I was keeping it secure until a proper transfer of ownership could happen.

Years later I learned what was really going on.

Noriega nationalized the banks in Panama because they were horrifically corrupt. These banks primarily owned by the Rockefellers were laundering billions in drug money every year.

Rockefellers used the US military as its own personal police force to invade Panama and took back those banks.

Aks yourself this question as I did...are we better off with Noriega in Jail now ? Has the drug trade slowed down at all ?

And the further I looked, the more I saw how corporate interests directly influenced US national policy. Our govt preaches spreading freedom yet attacks other nations who dare try and clean up corruption.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I think 9/11 was the wake up and generations before this WW2 and Isreal being a nation again then the ID microchip implants for the mark of the beast and Bush in 1991 saying a new world order is at place and CCTV all over the streets with orwell's prediction.

Come on people, you think its fake? if something wakes you up, wonder why the others are not.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I've never really trusted the gov't, but did not know what was really going on until I came to this forum. So, ATS was my wake up call.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I don't know if I'm awake or not... I started when I was in 4th grade I was in a all nun school ( don't ask
) I always asked why we do certain things or why this or why that and I asked for proof. I got kicked out... nun school with Jesuit leaders go figure. Anyways, since then I have been searching for the truth and now I feel I have learned more than I bargained for and now I want to find a solution on the control they have. Not just the church but all the control.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by jamiros]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I was up until I heard the opening words of Tools Salival CD, about as straight laced good republican conservative could be. I had always however felt like that was what I was because that is what I should be because it was the right way. Not to question, to just go along and anyone with an R by his name was the "good guy". After hearing think for yourself question authority, for years it has been the authorities, political, religious, educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us rules, regulations,order, informing, forming in our in our minds their view of reality. That hit me harder then anything else I have ever heard. I have always been a closet free thinker, never voicing what I thougt because it wasnt what my family and friends thought. But after hearing that my eyes were open, I shed my wool, and now refuse to follow the rest of the flock as the sheperd leads them over cliff of a huge free fall. So that started alot of research and eventually to this site, alex jones etc. So I guess I have to thank not only Tool, but the man whom Nixon called the most dangerous man in america Timothy Leary, for my rebirth.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
My best friend, Cassie, told my about the NWO in 6th grade I believe. I was open minded and looked at the facts. After that I became obssessed with the whole idea and researched more and more. The whole idea of this excites me I guess. Dont take that the wrong way, please. Anyway, lately she isn't that interested in it anymore sense it still hasn't occured(she use to read a lot about how it would happen in 2005, August, December, every month of 2006, you cant really believe things like that, only your own instinct), but I keep her updated on the events in progress.

Back in 4th grade, the day of 9-11, though might have been when I started to awake. I remember like it was years and years ago.
My teacher, Mrs. Cunningham, was teaching us about out the words its and it's work, an annoucement came on the intercom from the principal, urging the faculty to turn on the televisions. As soon as the scene of the places hitting the towers. All of the students gasped, but I knew half of the probably couldn't grasp what was going on, everyone use to watch violent movies and wouldn't really realize how serious this way. The teacher was devasted and went to call a friend. I began to think how weird this felt, it just, felt wrong. But I myself couldn't grasp the concept of a conspiracy at that age.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by UnforgiveableSin]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I was approached by a close friend, discussing the Warrantless Wiretapping program that is ongoing today and how it infringed my freedoms. I had the good old response, "It doesn't matter if they want to spy on me. I've got nothing to hide."

At that point I was referred to the Constitution and Bill of Rights. I was asked to read, understand, and appreciate what I was to find.

At about the same time, there was the Safe Port Act, of which internet gambling was halted. And I love to play poker.

I thought it was ridiculous for what was taking place, and I was pissed that I couldn't play online poker anymore. What right do they have to tell me I can't do something that makes me happy? So I looked into it and found that the internet gambling BS was attached to a bill that some people found so important they wouldn't turn it down no matter (for example: Bush vetoed the troop withdrawl bill due to the excessive "fat").

Anyway, that's what started my little trip down "Independence Lane". It's been one helluva ride ever since.

Info

[edit on 7/10/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
A friend of mine directed me to a website with some conspiracy stuff that he had researched himself. It had to do with the NWO mostly, stuff like the CIA drug trade and Iran-Contra and a bunch of the crap Bush has done. When I first read it, I thought 'oh man is this stuff out to lunch'. When I dug a little deeper, I realized that most of what he was saying was right. Then he directed me to ATS. Bam! The rest is history.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Wake-up for me was when Clinton sent Elian Gonzales back to Cuba. That was just something the Leader of the Free World didn't do, was send a kid back to a communist country, especially when his mother died trying to get him here so he could be free. It told me that my president, and most of the congress, didn't believe in the Constitution or freedom or any "American" values at all. I just took it from there. I started reading a lot, and that's basically what you have to do, is read a lot. It's all out there; it's not like they're even trying to hide much of what they do, anymore, anyway. So much of it's a done deal. But it involves a lot of time reading and researching, and most people don't want to do that. But unless you do, you won't get the "big picture" because so much of what "they" tell you in the mainsteam media, is in bite-sized packages; for instance, they'll talk about "smart growth" in your local community, discussing sprawl, holding "town hall meetings" so you can feel as if you're involved in the decision-making process, but in reality, the people planning "smart growth," a UN Agenda 21 program for "managed growth," have already made the decision to implement it. They just want to see who's not on board the love train. And they don't tell you it's a UN Agenda 21 program to force you to live in managed communities instead of where you want to. Agenda 21 makes itself known in other ways in your city or town, for instance, by mandating how many trees you have to plant on any given property. We recently expanded our church building, the city told us we had to plant 13 trees around the church. Stuff like that. It's like that with everything they do. Bite-sized packages so you won't see the agenda behind the rhetoric.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join