It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology explaination

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I could not find the answer and maybe people here can help. What exactly do they base the existence of this Xenu character on? Example. God "exists" based on a feeling, and faith. Does Xenu "exist" the same way, or has the Church of Scientology provided certain evidence to Xenu's existance? Is there an ancient text I missed?

It just seems odd that Scientology knows exact dates and exact events, such as the blowing up of souls and such, and how long ago this took place.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
L. Ron Hubbard quote:
“If you want to make a little money, write a book. If you want to make a lot of money, create a religion.”
Quote link

In my humble opinion, he wrote some great science fiction. It simply hasn't all been labeled as such.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
A while ago I actually did some research about scientology because one of my friends decided to join and I was wondering what he was getting into. I did attend some of their meetings with him and researched all their pros and cons on the Internet. Basically I’m not going to condone my friend for believing what he wants to believe but unfortunately it is my belief that this “religion” is a bunch of crap. I gave my friend the benefit of the doubt and he explained why he wanted to join and all and I showed him what I found on the net from the Scientology web sites themselves not from propaganda sites. He still joined it and moved to California to be at one of their major churches or something like that. But an interesting piece of info that I found was this:

Members of the Sea Org sign an employment contract with the organization for one billion years. Sea Org members, in accordance with Scientology beliefs, are expected to return to the Sea Org when they are reborn. Most Sea Org members are paid about US$24 per week (though some sources list US$75).

SeaOrg

I also came to the conclusion that if you ask too many questions about their religion or you actually cast any sort of doubt on it you will be ostracized and harassed by the members themselves. I have heard of some people being harassed to the point where the church members would post flyers and signs in the person’s neighborhood declaring them of anything without any proof.

All in all I hear from my buddy now and then he sends me emails with updates and such. He tells me he likes it where he’s at and that he’s working for the church and he’s happy. So in turn I’m happy for him.

~Ghost~

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Honestly, I'm kinda creeped out by all of this. Why? Well, because I now feel like if I talk about this "religion", they'll be watching me. And as soon as they get the chance, BAM! They take me out.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Echo-

All you did was ask about their religion why would they “take you out”? That’s taking it to an extreme that you shouldn’t. All mainstream religions have a secretive nature. There is not one that has displayed everything for all to see. I have seen some of the Scientologist take it to extremes but I have also seen Catholics, Buddhist, and Islamist take it to extremes also. It just depends on their level of faith and commitment. If every religion would BAM take you out for asking about them then there would be no one in any religion. They get converts by people asking about it.

Lower your paranoia levels my friend. Sit down and have a glass of tea and read a book and relax. None’s out to get you

Yet…….

*DISCLAIMER*
Last part was a joke.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I would assume you're the one after me. Joke? Ha! I'm onto you!

Does Scientology allow the ingestion of alcohol?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Elron Hubbard locked himself into his cabin on the Apollo, strapped himself to an e-meter, and audited his thetan back along the time track for millions of years. That is where the notion of Xenu came from. He barely survived; a lesser man would not have survived.

Or: Elron sparked up a doobie, took a whack off a bottle of Jack and made it all up...

The e-meter: short for electrogalvanometer. The part of a polygraph that is considered least reliable by the practicioners of that ridiculous fraud of an instrument. All of your life you have heard a silly story about "scientists" "proving" that plants know when a person who has plucked leaves off another plant walks into the room. Somehow, you have never heard the name of these scientists, or the instrument used.

William Benetton. Inventor of the Control Question Test in polygraphy. Tested a rhododendron with a skin galvanometer. Said experiment repeated by Elron hubbard, on a tomato, with an emeter.

An Elron story...Elron was addressing a crowd of clams, all Operating Thetan III or higher. Rambling about his past lives. Talking about the time a few million years back when he was a race car driver on Marcab. Marcabians raced cars on the streets. Accidents were common, but no big deal. Marcabians don't use meat bodies like us. They use doll bodies. Whack them with a race car; you just stuff 'em full of kapok and sew them back together.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Xenubringsorder, what in the world are you talking about?

Hubbard was a wife-beating racist who wrote bad science fiction stories. He lied about receiving a Purple Heart among countless other things so why should anyone believe his sudden epiphany which lead to Scientology?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
Xenubringsorder, what in the world are you talking about?

Hubbard was a wife-beating racist who wrote bad science fiction stories. He lied about receiving a Purple Heart among countless other things so why should anyone believe his sudden epiphany which lead to Scientology?

WHOA! He lied about WHAT?! Um...yeah, I'm going to make it my goal in life to destroy Scientology.

Why would I want to do that, you might ask? Because that's what religion is all about...well to me anyhow. I mean look at the crusades, they happened because someone believed something different. Not only is this crap completely retarded, but the creator is a damned fool.

Quote me on this, I'm calling my own crusade on Scientology.

It's nothing against the people that have been suckered into following it, it's against the religion itself. It's horrible and shouldn't exist. It brainwashes people to the point that they are no longer a functionable human f'ing being. I mean that's what I've collected from the articles and whatnot's I've read.

Holy flying butt-monkies! In my insane rambling I realized something. Scientology is a threat to all mankind...they're like the Nazis!

[edit on 07630 by Echo3Foxtrot]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I'm surprised there has been no mention in this thread of L. Ron Hubbard's occult roots and how they influenced Scientology.

In the OTO, of which Hubbard was member, one rose in the ranks by writing out his theory of the life and the universe. He would then become the the leader/head of that sphere of thought. Hence, Hubbard wrote his treatise Dianetics, and the beginning of Scientology.

www.factnet.org...

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Scientology is a threat to all mankind...they're like the Nazis!

You are closer to the truth than you realize.

"The same individual that transmitted the various Magick tech to Adolf Hitler as a young man also transmitted them to Dad. And like Dad, Hitler, when he came to power, promptly had his teachers and the occult field in general wiped out."
--L Ron Hubbard Jr -

www.lermanet.com...
[edit on 30-6-2007 by TheComte]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I am not buying into scientology. And I do mean BUY because to get anywhere in scientology you must invest astronomical sums of money. I do not believe that the you can buy salvation through scientology any more than you could buy your dead relatives out of the depths of hell by paying for "Special Dispensation" from the catholic church. Tom Cruise is a gullible silly man who has more money than sense or intelligence and some day his massive ego will form an ego supernova and collapse in upon itself to form a black hole.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
I'm surprised there has been no mention in this thread of L. Ron Hubbard's occult roots and how they influenced Scientology.

In the OTO, of which Hubbard was member, one rose in the ranks by writing out his theory of the life and the universe. He would then become the the leader/head of that sphere of thought. Hence, Hubbard wrote his treatise Dianetics, and the beginning of Scientology.

www.factnet.org...

Scientology is a threat to all mankind...they're like the Nazis!

You are closer to the truth than you realize.

"The same individual that transmitted the various Magick tech to Adolf Hitler as a young man also transmitted them to Dad. And like Dad, Hitler, when he came to power, promptly had his teachers and the occult field in general wiped out."
--L Ron Hubbard Jr -

www.lermanet.com...

That's just insane. If they convert more and more big names the next thing you know they have politicians in high seats of government and eventually create their own political party. This could very possibly get out of hand.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Yes I would be careful about starting a 'crusade' against this cult they do sound awfully dangerous. I saw a church front in Brisbane (close to where I live I guess) and I was just sickened.

Good luck if you need any backup I am with ya.

- Naz

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nazgarn
Yes I would be careful about starting a 'crusade' against this cult they do sound awfully dangerous. I saw a church front in Brisbane (close to where I live I guess) and I was just sickened.

Good luck if you need any backup I am with ya.

- Naz

Brisbane? I'm in Rockhampton right now, if only I had some time, I'd go over there. But, unfortunately I'm stuck here in Rocky doing 24hr shifts.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Elron lied about everything.

Elron was asigned to a Naval Intelligence unit in Australia. Went around bragging to everyone in sight about that. Which rendered him utterly useless as a Naval Intelligence officer.

Elron claimed to be a blood brother to the Blackfoot Indians. No such thing, blood brother is Hollywood BS.

Elron claimed he changed the underwater lines of his sloop, the Magician, to make it faster. Won a sailboat race after he did that. Ridiculous. You can't change the underwater lines of a boat. You would have to disassemble it down to the keel, redesign the ribs and reskin it. It would be cheaper and smarter to just build a new boat.

The Magician was a displacement hulled boat. The maximum speed of a displacement hulled boat is limited by the laws of physics. Displacement hulls are capable of ( the square root of their waterline length times 1.34 ) knots.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Elron...

So many things I can say about this guy, but it would be way too graphic to put on here.

All this talk about Scientology made me think about my own religion. What did I believe in?

Well, I found my religion. The Church of Gaming.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Well, IMO getting rid of scientology would be a great idea, but I don't like people forcing their beliefs on others, so I won't.

I don't like Scientology at all, In fact I would sooner convert to the Westboro Baptist church or join Al Qaeda. Yes, I really hate it that much, and I think that it's a load of _______.

Elron...

So many things I can say about this guy, but it would be way too graphic to put on here.
All this talk about Scientology made me think about my own religion. What did I believe in?
Well, I found my religion. The Church of Gaming.

Not the church of Lets be nice to each other for a change? Oh well, each to their own.

Edit, BTW if you think this post is Hypocritical, it's probably because it is.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by apex]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Meh, so your post is hypocritical, whatever. If anyone cares, well, up yours. Savvy? That would be my response.

So, yes, I have a "jihad" on Scientology. I think it's in the best interest of this world to dispose of it. It's a useless religion. Now, The Church of Gaming, that's a REAL religion.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

That's just insane. If they convert more and more big names the next thing you know they have politicians in high seats of government and eventually create their own political party. This could very possibly get out of hand.

What makes you think they already havnt??

Over in the UK, they lavished Police officers with gifts (bribes), tickets to dinner parties, free film tickets etc. The head of the metroplitian Police in London was present when they opened their Cult Centre in London. They have also donated large amounts of money both to the Labour party and the Torrie Party. So can guarantee you they probably already have made a footnote in higher places in Government.

You do know You Tube was used by both the BBC and Scientology as a battleground over the panorama's programme on Scientology right?

[edit on 2-7-2007 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar
Wanna see how serious they are about their religion?

Watch this!

www.youtube.com...

i've seen that video before. the scientologist nuts have that smug look on there face, but they are just so empty headed. That's the type of people who join scientology... Unintelligent people who have alot of money and want to fit in and be accepted.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join