It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology explaination

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
THIS is the official Scientology site. I have found that it is best to ask the people actually of a certain religion what they believe, rather than going to others outside the religion.

Always go to the source.

No, always get both sides and figure it out. Scientology tells lots of lies on their website and in their history. Why only read what $cientology tells you to believe?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
THIS is the official Scientology site. I have found that it is best to ask the people actually of a certain religion what they believe, rather than going to others outside the religion.

Always go to the source.

No, always get both sides and figure it out. Scientology tells lots of lies on their website and in their history. Why only read what $cientology tells you to believe?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Listen to what everyone tells you, here all sides of the argument and then come to you own conclusion, don't ever let anyone force their views onto you - if a person believes something just because someone told them to do so well that is a potentially dangerous thing.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I doubt you can take this on scientific value, but it is amusing none the less. Has a brief overview of scientology.

www.youtube.com...

width="425" height="350"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/SJdNBi7JzIw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Because I don't want to read through a bunch of BS just to get the jist of this religion. I'm just asking that someone give me a brief explaination of the story behind it and their beliefs. Thanks.

the you tube site IS what your looking for .. don't just blow it off ...

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
www.don-lindsay-archive.org...

^ That's the reason he founded Scientology. He wanted to make a million bucks.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I asked about scientology a while back, read the resonses posted from other members will give you an Idea off what Scientology is:

THREAD

Also might be a good idea to look@ the You Tube clips posted - Scientology and Me or the Panorama Programme titled [Scientology and me on the BBC website...

Hope that helps..

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The OP asked: is $cientology a religion, or a cult?

Read this:

www.sc-i-r-s-ology.pair.com...

Decide for yourself.

Regarding the hissy fit thown by Azalea, whimpering and whining about violence: Did you ever give it a try?

If you're a pretty big guy - not NBA big, or WWF big, but NFL big - every moron who knows one sucker punch sees you as one sucker. Losers with something to prove trying to use your body to make their reputation. Gets tiresome fast.

Pound them into an immobile pile, problem goes away.

If you are not an NFL big guy, you don't have a clue, and your opinion is based on ignorance.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Originally posted by j_kalin
Based on this definition, other cults are Islam, Buddhism, Atheism, Wicca, Rael, etc...

[edit on 28-6-2007 by j_kalin]

Based on your definition, why wouldn't Islam be a religion? There are countries whose laws are based on its teachings.

Oh, and the book Battlefield Earth by L. Ron Hubbard was a good one. I know the movie sucked.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by TheComte]

Yes, you are correct. In some Arabic nations, they have incorporated the tenets of Islam into the government. Fortunately, not in the western civilizations. I think the hanging, stoning, whipping, amputations thing is just barbaric. But, perhaps it will come here someday.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by j_kalin]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
(Shaking head.) I hate these posts about Scientology. There is so much non-sense posted on the net.

I've been there folks. I have worked in important positions in the Scientology organization. Their purpose is good.

The problem is, some folks here only care about conspiracy, so it is sometimes hard to reveal the truth. And Scientology inevitably gets drug through the mud, despite rational arguments in it's defense. So, I won't spend much time posting on this topic. But I will offer important advice.

There are sites declaring that they have the "dirty truth" about Scientology. These sites only muddy the waters, and create confusion. You are wasting your time with these sites. These sites lie and take things out of context.

You are free to think and believe what you want, but if you want the truth about Scientology, you pick up a Scientology book, you go to Scientology.org, stuff like that. You take that book, take the time to read and understand it, and apply the knowlege in the pages and see for yourself. You don't even have to step one foot inside the organization to give it a try.

Troy

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar
Wanna see how serious they are about their religion?

Watch this!

www.youtube.com...

Ohh isn't that the truth...

A friend and I contacted the author of these videos asking for permission to put them onto a dvd format, detailing how this cult works, and to be allowed to distribute these free of charge to people who were taken in by the blurbs at the Scientology exhibition at the Perth Royal Show for this year.

He gave us an approval, which means anyone in Perth may well see 2 rather odd looking citizens near the scientology stall at the Perth Royal Show this year handing out detailed DVD's of this cult and it's tactics, to the dismay of those who have, in previous years and in no uncertain terms, told us to Leave or ELSE, by merely advising passers by that its a scam.

You can find more of his clips on youtube, and whilst they are a bit dated, no doubt the scientology hierarchy have learnt from this sort of publicity, so there is no doubt in my mind that these freaks are nothing more than a cult, a cult with ill intent and a cult more detrimental than anything mr Hubbard had in mind.

Its an astonishing fact that so many are persuaded into this, especially high profile people and at such a cost to themselves and those around them.

The recent Packer marriage in France, with Tom Cruise et al, in tow.. My gods.. The richest of the rich... Opus Dae ? Mn, at least they dont tell you about xemu and thetans and tell you that you will die if you become aware of OT8 info before you are an actual OT8.

Im just flabbergasted...

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azazelus

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
I would seriously, at this point, love to meet someone who believes in this BS. I would straight dropkick them in the face...

Oh yeah.....That's the spirit!...Violence solves all your problems doesn't it?

Well let me tell you, If you can accept scientology and its methods of intimidation and corruption - Id be more wary of you than the person you are quoting.

Sometimes you turn the other cheek types get my goat..

Sorry if I offend anyone else by saying that....

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
scientologists are old souls who have been reincarnated and trapped in our solar system. Most scientologists come from Venus.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
You guys want to know what Scientology and its members are about?

Caution: No Graphic Images, but still not for the faint of heart

... there are no words that can describe what happened to her. She lost 40 pounds over the course of 2 days while being locked against her will.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
You guys want to know what Scientology and its members are about?

Caution: No Graphic Images, but still not for the faint of heart

... there are no words that can describe what happened to her. She lost 40 pounds over the course of 2 days while being locked against her will.

This is a terrible event! After viewing the website I came across a fellow by the name of Jesse Prince, who was 2nd in ranking in scientology's sea organization. He has since quit the 'religion' and his transcripts of his experiences can be seen here:

www.lermanet.com...

I have not read this of yet but will,

Take care and peace (fight if you have to)
- Naz

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
There you find the link for World In Action TV program:Scientology: The Shrinking World of L. Ron Hubbard
video.google.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Definately a cult in my oppinion...very, dangerous cult.
Shamed, sad -- even scared -- to have it considered a "religion" in Australia.

I just don't understand how some people can be so weak minded to be brainwashed in such a way. I guess I would go so far as to say our mainstream culture would be the culprit there. Completely 'dumbing down' the populace.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Scientology what a bag of fun it is, they are damn right scary what i've seen of them, they break up families and do a so called "discharge" from them. If you try and leave, say anything against them, they will follow you around, bring dirt up against you, trying to turn your local community against them.

Do you know how they get away with all this, when a member signs up and pays they have to tell them every secret they know and everything about them, this means these so called "hollywood stars" try and leave, everything will be brought up against them, some of these people have been bribed into this religious cult, theve basically signed there life away to them. You have to pay $100,000 to get to a certain pheoton level, that just shows what sort of organisation it is, no wonder they can't get religous status in the UK.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by estar]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Strangely, they believe that the holocaust was caused by psychiatrists.

Um what? Are you joking?

Do you have any reference material on their official opinion?
How on earth could that even be possible?

I had a friend in Cali that was excited about her experience at a Scientology expo, but I made sure to let her know the strange things I've heard and a what I know of the sci-fi writer Hubbard and his statement on getting rich via creating a religion rather than good sci-fi stories. Didn't want to strongly disuade her but I did want her to seriously consider who this group is.

Hubbards statement kinda says it all IMO.

Fortunately for her I think she's too poor to really advance in their ranks anyway.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Well let me tell you, If you can accept scientology and its methods of intimidation and corruption - Id be more wary of you than the person you are quoting.

Sometimes you turn the other cheek types get my goat..

Sorry if I offend anyone else by saying that....

Did I say anywhere that I accept it as truth? I accept the fact that it exists in society...that is all...

Thanks for stereotyping me as a ...err...type...

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join