It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imminent BS to be posted...over and over again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Really, this alien/ufo forum has gone down the proverbial SNIP can, all this talk
of disclosure is nonsense. If these people knew anything they would provide some evidence, you folks remember what that is right?

Mod edit: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

[edit on 25-6-2007 by sanctum]

edited title. ATS 'announcements' will be posted by staff.

[edit on 25/6/07 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
So in 48 hours of membership you've climbed to a position of declaring the forum worthless?

What's your point and ultimate goal here? To have the forum locked and everybody stop paying attention to anything ufo related?

It seems like it would affect a lot less people if you would personally just avoid the forum and let others carry on with what they choose to discuss.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Relax, it will pass.

In fact I make a prediction...

As soon as schools are back in session... yada yada yada... the young hoaxters will have other things in which to occupy their time.

At least we can hope.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Care to elaborate Weisheit ?

Or are you just going to post in this "hit & run" manner.

edit: spelling

[edit on 25-6-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Weisheit

... If these people knew anything they would provide some evidence, you folks remember what that is right?

the crux of the problem is that the Gov't will not info to be released
because of oaths & security clearance issues,
the disclosure project is at a standstill because of this

link here; www.outofthebluethemovie.com...

then click the bottommost box insert "DISCLOSURE"
there it will present a ~60 second, QuikTime or win media video...
about the launch of the 'Disclosure Project' with evidence from both
Navy & A.F. personnel & official records, there's also civilian defense contractors with evidence & documents/records...

but all are gagged by the security clauses & the national security issues
~~unless they all en masse want to get sent to an ameican gulag or
some eastern european secret prison where torture is not restricted~~

i know if i was one of the potential whistleblowers, i'd be very afraid that
a hit list exists & is just a 10 second phonecall away from being activated by squads of professional 'liquidators'

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
All the "There is so much BS" threads aren't really helping, you know.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
We all appreciate an informed comment, and welcome lively debate.

Unfortunately, it appears both of those social niceties appear have evaded you, Weisheit, and from the replies received I'm sure you'll think better of just letting fly again. It serves no purpose, gets us nowhere, and only creates antagonism.

Argue salient points, show us your beliefs, discuss your opinion.

You said: 'If these people knew anything they would provide some evidence, you folks remember what that is right?'

Yes, we know what evidence is, and crave it all the time. But surely you will agree, isn't it logical that if "these people" truely have world shattering knowledge at their disposal, they are stuck in a place that few of us can even imagine.
Put yourself in their situation: how would it feel to see your fellow man seeking the answer to a question we've asked ourselves since time immemorial, and have the answer at your fingertips. Yet, you know that if you released this truth into the world, your own world could come crashing down around you.
That is an unenviable scenario.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
We probably need the BS posts.There isn`t alot of credable evidence out here, having said that you need to read everybodies posts to be able to make a judgement.What is one members opinion isn`t always another members.The last thing we want is strict censorship, to the point a judgement is made without seeing the info.

Hoaxes can be annoying to people who believe but have difficulty getting there points across.But i think its just something that the mods can control and the longer term members are used to spotting.I don`t think ATS admin could totally illiminate them.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nescafe8572
We probably need the BS posts.There isn`t alot of credable evidence out here, having said that you need to read everybodies posts to be able to make a judgement.What is one members opinion isn`t always another members.The last thing we want is strict censorship, to the point a judgement is made without seeing the info.

Hoaxes can be annoying to people who believe but have difficulty getting there points across.But i think its just something that the mods can control and the longer term members are used to spotting.I don`t think ATS admin could totally illiminate them.

I agree, to an extent, but blatant bs peddlers can force discussion into a quagmire.
Strict censorship? No.
We're all about free speech. But the posts that are obviously designed to rattle our collective cage just to see how we react, in my opinion, really are a waste of time. Yes, some of them can spark a decent arguement, but that would not be the op's intention. It's fortunate that we are sometimes capable of pulling a gem out of the bs sewer.

And again, I agree that ATS admin couldn't weed out all of the hoaxs. But hopefully they could thin the ground a little.

new topics

top topics

join