It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need Debaters...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Calling all Debater's!

SUMMARY Of BELOW:

Choose Subject
Choose Opponent (contact the victim/member)
Shut off Fans Air Conditioners etc.
Make Podcast of 2:30 (or less)
Send Podcast to: [email protected]
Now Revel in the AboveTopSecret warmth of Participation

Hi folk's,
Were working on a new podcast project that will be including a segment where we pit two individuals against one another, allowing each to voice their thoughts and opinions. This will be a regular bi-weekly event, with the winner being able to choose his/her next opponent and the next topic to debate in the next bi-weekly episode...

I'm well aware of the recent little contest/debates that many of you have participated in. It's because of what I heard (not to mention an idea I had been working on for several month's), that prompted me to move forward with this idea..

Although not at liberty to provide the full idea and concept, I can say that it will be like "King of the Hill", a game show if you will (although not really). Now please note that we've changed the format rules a bit. We've decided against a rating system of points of which was to be given out to winners and losers alike. We came up with what I think is a better route to go, (see below for more information regarding points).

Subject material does not necessarily have to be political or even in a 'heavy issue vein', but should be of at least a semi-current issue. It could be a pro/con about Paris Hilton in Jail (or similar). The previous winner can decide whether he/she will be for or against, pro or con for the next weeks debate. We will allow at least 4 days for the opponents to get prepared... In the event there is no winner, both contestants/debaters must return for another round on a subject of our choosing. In the case where no opponent or subject matter is chosen prior to the deadline of three (3) days after a debate's public podcast, Dave and I will choose a new opponent/contestant. In that three days timeframe, the public should vote on who they think the winner is and that debater will then be notified. Voting should be made in it's similarly named thread. He (or she) will then get the opportunity to choose the next topic to debate and to whom they'd like to debate said subject with.

All in all.. this will have a 'fun' aspect to it with myself (and Dave of course) playing as the neutral ringleaders.. We'd like to ask that you keep your debate podcast at exactly two and a half minutes (or below). We realize that this isn't a lot of time, but this will certainly challenge you into having to be quick in your delivery and your thoughts..... Remember it's a game, so we have to throw in some restrictions... The more people that participate the better.. If you have a suggestion for future topics for discussion, please feel free to post them in this thread... And as far as voting goes, right after the podcast has aired, a separate thread will be opened for you to post your "SINGLE" vote... And if you need a added incentive....

NOW IF YOU CHOOSE TO PARTICIPATE IN A DEBATE

I've been graciously told that we can swing some ATS Points your way. So here it goes...
If you do debate on our program, we'll give each of you 35,000 ATS Points. If you win that debate, we'll give the winner an additional 75,000 Points. So in each episode, someone is going to walk away with 110,000 ATS points! In the case of a tie, you still get to keep your initial 35,000 points each, but have to come back the following week for another debate on another subject (pre-determined by Dave and I). And only the 75,000 points will be up for grabs...

All T&C's of course apply, and we'd like you to make your podcast recordings in at 128kb so the sound is sharp and clear...

This is going to be a whiz-bang ride (as my neighbors son would say), and I hope you all will jump on board...!

Please send your podcasts to:

[email protected]

Good Luck to you all!
Johnny

[edit on 21-7-2007 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
We have two debater's to participate in our first "Great Debate" segment.

Now we need others to step forward and submit their ideas on what they want to debate about. Sooooo... Lets get the ol' thinking caps on and step up to the plate. You can debate about anything you care or feel strongly about ( mind you, T&C's apply of course).

Please feel free to u2u me for further information

Johnny

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Still looking for a few good members to help us out...

We still need your voice for this segment to work..

Johnny

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
As a master debater (lol) in a progressive high school that now costs more than most colleges I would be delighted to spar in some cage match.
I pick 'global warming, and the influence of man' as my topic. HooYa, bring 'em on.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

With all due respect (and I do mean what I say): what would be the purpose of such a fea(s)t? (Besides entertaining the masses circenses, I mean.)

People who debate "against" one another rarely persist in the quest for TRUTH, even if there was such an inclination there at the beginning.
It's the unfortunate nature of man.
In the end, all they want is to save their face (or whatever is at stake) - and the truth is the first victim of such a tournament.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I'm in, but NOT global warming please. I have already done that topic in the written debates.

wouldn't mind arguing the topic that all religions have the same core principles.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Please count me in,

I debate as a hobby, so may aswell give it a go...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm okay to assist Skyfloating whithin the Israel/Palestinian debate. That's said.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Allright, Johnny!! Great idea. I am currently in the middle of my first ever ATS Debate Tournament with my buddy Animal, and am feeling the "debate bug".

I'd love to be involved in this project, but I admit, I am a little bit sketchy on what it is you want us to do in order to be selected for participation.

If you can clear this up for me, I'll gladly throw my hat in the ring.

Cheers,
DMN

EDIT: If you just want to hear me on the mike, I have multiple "NINJACast" podcasts. I have also recorded all of my debate posts - they can be found in the PTS Podcast Feed.

[edit on 2/11/2008 by damajikninja]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel

I'm okay to assist Skyfloating whithin the Israel/Palestinian debate. That's said.

That debate is over...and Im not doing it again.

Also...this is the Podcast-Debate-Forum and its a different chapter than ATS-Debates.

But speaking of debates...if there is anything you would like to debate, bring it on.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Sure Johnny why not?

I'll give it a shot.

I guess I need to find somebody willing to debate and who has access to a mic don't it?

I'm on it.

top topics

join