It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOUND OFF-Paris Hilton

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
What would the world do without Paris?

She is the epitome of all that is dumb and blond, she stands as a fine example to all young women.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
What would the world do without Paris?

She is the epitome of all that is dumb and blond, she stands as a fine example to all young women.

I'm sorry, but I just found that really hilarious

Its rather unfortunate that some people actually emulate her...

I find it a sad state of the world when someone like her is looked up to.

She's supposed to be a role model, yet she gets in a car and drives drunk (multiple times). Did you forget about the several sex tapes she's made?

I mean come one people...

She's not even worth talking about.

Get her off the tv and NBC it would be in your best interest to not let her write a book for you. It'll only end up sinking your ship

Actually, on second thought some dumbasses might end up buying this crap

Boo media

...Who am I to judge though? I've made my fair share of mistakes.

I just don't get a book deal to write about them, nor do I get tv airtime on E! Geez.

[edit on 21-6-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hey Guys and gals...

It appears that were a bit split down the middle here.. Soooooo

I'd like to know really why Paris Hilton should be ignored... Or why we should care at all...

And I'm willing to increase the incentive here (with the blessings of the amigos mind you).....
If you do make a mp3 podcast recording for us in a good quality (say 128kb or better) format, and we use it in our Sound-Off segment, ATS will donate 20,000 points your way as a way of saying thanks for helping us kick this program off..!

Now that's not too shabby for 15 to 20 seconds worth of work on your part...

This is (at this time) a limited 'points' incentive program because we really want to hear you "Sound-Off" on our ATSmix show.....

So get those recorders going,,, and if we use your podcast... Ka-Ching!
(Remember all guidelines in the T&C's still apply)

Send your podcasts to:

[email protected]

Thanks people and Good Luck!
Johnny

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

On the other thread I just made the same suggestion...

Great minds,

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Paris is a dumb high school drop out

I'm not at all sure she's dumb... I think rather she's dumb like a fox. And so she dropped out of high school and then got her GED, So did I.

I just laugh at how riled she gets people. I can't for the life of me figure out why everyone hates her so much!
Well... I have a few ideas.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Folks.... these are ALL great comments... unfortunately we are not READING THEM ON THE RADIO..... we want YOU to SAY IT on the SHOW.

Dave

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Why hate Paris? Because she knows how to work society to her advantage or at least listen to her manager when he tells her how to work it?

Paris Hilton is a perfect example of a spoiled rich girl of the 21st century. 33% blond debutant, 33% slut with 33% small time crime girl thrown in for good measure. I watched the Simple Life one time and can attest to the fact that her IQ is (as I often say) a bit south of 90. But to quote Dr Phil, her "Guy-Q" is pretty high (did I just say Guy-Q?). Add on the ability to make millions without an ounce of talent or skill of any kind and you have to hand it to her.

Do I think she deserves what she got? I think she deserves anything that is reasonably applied to the average person. Nothing more, nothing less.

Paris used to irritate me but when I really thought about it I realized I was only wasting energy. So as it stands today, I don't really care. She says that she has been changed by prison and things will be different when she gets out. The likelihood that anything monumentally good will endure as time rolls on is minimal at best. However, I hope that she has changed and will do something meaningful and beneficial with her life.

Remember, Paris did the legwork so to speak but it was the media and the public that made her famous. It is also the media and the public that continues to keep her in the limelight.

If a major network is going to hand her a crapload of money for an interview then that's their purgative. I for one will not be watching...well, maybe a peek form time to time.....

Did I go over my 15 seconds? Doh!

MBF

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The first time I saw "The Simple Life" with Paris and Nicole, the first thing that popped into my head was that I hope their parents are watching this and I hope they are truly embarassed because this is what they produced. How can a parent be proud of a child that acted the way they did on the show?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
My name is Annestacey.

I believe that everything that goes on in this world has to hit rock bottom before it gets better.

There is so much bad publicity with Paris, Nicole, Britney and Lindsey that I think at some point young girls everywhere are going to say, "hell I don't want to be like these stupid bimbos", and will choose a better path.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit
Folks.... these are ALL great comments... unfortunately we are not READING THEM ON THE RADIO..... we want YOU to SAY IT on the SHOW.

Dave

If I had a mic and something positive to say maybe...

I don't want to sound like a jackass on the radio. That wouldn't be very nice would it
?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Biggiesmalls:

There is NO requirement for ANYTHING POSITIVE!

A $3.00 microphone at Dollar General will get the job done, LET'S GO FOLKS! THIS is RADIO!!!! We need AUDIO!

Seriously, a mic that will do THIS is no more than $3.00 - $5.00, do we need to get a funding drive going?! (I am willing if that's what it takes!)

We are talking LESS than a six pack of BEER!

Springer...

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hey Springer and anyone else who can helpout. I remember Zedd or someone had a "podcast how to" thread awhile back, I can't seem to find it. If someone could post a link that would be mucho appreciated, I might add my .02 in this one

Sporty

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Sporty...

Your WISH is our command. These are located on the PODCAST FORUM.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good Luck... we need you Brits!

What?

Dave

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Biggiesmalls:

There is NO requirement for ANYTHING POSITIVE!

We are talking LESS than a six pack of BEER!

Springer...

Yeah I don't know if I could go without my sixpack for the weekend

I joke I joke.

However, I just overdrafted my account by 70 bucks so it might be a while till I can actually afford a $3 mic

I'll get on it as soon as I can.

I just don't want to be rambling on about Paris. Maybe I'll post on the next topic.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Dave, thanks for the links

haha, I'm not a Brit. 100% born and raised in the US of A...I just live in the UK

Most others make the same assumption...it's all good. Maybe I should change my location to American in London

[edit on 21/6/2007 by SportyMB]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

Most others make the same assumption...it's all good. Maybe I should change my location to American in London

[edit on 21/6/2007 by SportyMB]

Used to live in Finchingfield, about 50 Miles "Northish" of London. But listing myself as "American in Finchingfield" sounds a little... um... "Silly"?

But I digress.

Paris Hilton... I think we get what we deserve. If we put that much attention on someone like Paris Hilton, then we deserve her. Name ten other people who are in jail. Chances are that you can't do it unless you have an criminal-inept family who all got caught or you work in one. I think the reason for that is that no one, generally, cares who's in jail if they aren't directly affected.

At first I thought Paris was a event. Now, I believe she is a trend, and we, alas, are products of our shallowness for wasting bandwidth on her.

-Edited to straighten out my trends and events at 2:16 a.m.

[edit on 22-6-2007 by sigung86]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The only reason that millionaire tart is famous is because YOU MAKE HER FAMOUS by promoting her through useless threads like this.

What true talent does she have? NONE.
What positive aspects of her personality are worth promoting? NONE

Carry on America... right down that sewer pipe.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq
How does the old saying go................."No publicity is bad publicity"....

I would go to jail for a million bucks!!!!!!!!
"Bad publicity is better than NO publicity"

For a million$, i'd consider it myself

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I am very disappointed in the responses of most people.

I am very disappointed in any response that doesn't take seriously DRUNK DRIVING and a habit of BREAKING THE LAW.

It doesn't matter how much money someone has or doesn't have.
Driving drunk kills people and no one has a right to thumb their nose
at the court.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Another leech - famous only for being famous

No contribution to society

But I suppose this is more indicative of the type of world we live, where someone can be famous despite having no talent

Pop culture

Silly cow who thought she could get away with it because of her fame and wealth - who knows, might teach her a lesson.

I've got nothing against her personally, but despise the culture that allows talentless nothings to achieve fame - which people who buy into this culture desperately crave.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join