It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOUND OFF-Paris Hilton

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I am very disappointed in any response that doesn't take seriously DRUNK DRIVING and a habit of BREAKING THE LAW.

It doesn't matter how much money someone has or doesn't have.
Driving drunk kills people and no one has a right to thumb their nose
at the court.

You are absolutely right FF! Shame on all of us for not to at least talk about the crime.

Many people are killed each and every year by drunk drivers. Valuable life senselessly snuffed out.

I guess the enforcement of Paris' punishment was probably more to save face for the judge than to send a message about driving under the influence. We seem to have a high rate per capita of famous people drunk driving.

I've always thought that drivers licenses were handed out like candy in this country. When I got my license the exam was not a multiple choice thing on a PC, it was given orally by a state trooper and there was no choices. You either answered correctly or you failed.

If driving wasn't treated like a privilege in the USA we might have less people (children) being killed by drunk drivers. Furthermore, if people were not given so many chances after being caught, well you get the idea....

I would actually be very interested in hearing just what lessons Paris has learned. Hopefully the main lesson will be not to drive after drinking.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Paris Hilton? Is this a joke? Have I misunderstood something? Just what does Paris Hilton have to do with anything? Is it called 'SOUND OFF' because you need to listen to it with the sound off; or you'll smash the receiver to pieces? This is disgraceful, mindless, trash radio. This is absolute dumbing down.

I'm in no way affronted by the setting up of a show; but you really should consider a slightly more intellectual topic next time around. Paris Hilton discussions are as weak as piss. Why would anyone want to tune in to the radio and listen to recycled opinions about that degenerate Bint? Aren't there enough discussions about her already? What is above top secret about her, or anything she does?

Pure horror.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
this was her chance to actually do something useful with that otherwise worthless life... actually doing her sentence in jail as a "martyr" she can show the world the principles on which our justice system was founded may still be intact.

there may be hope for us after all!

[edit on 6/22/2007 by bokinsmowl]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I am very disappointed in the responses of most people.

I am very disappointed in any response that doesn't take seriously DRUNK DRIVING and a habit of BREAKING THE LAW.

It doesn't matter how much money someone has or doesn't have.
Driving drunk kills people and no one has a right to thumb their nose
at the court.

That was never a point of contention.

My point is that she used the resources at her disposal-like any of us would do.

It seems everyone, or most, want to really "stick it to her", but if all else were the same and the name "was not" Paris Hilton, I honestly believe most people would feel bad for her, not be jumping on her case like they are.

I am sorry if this seems to be off topic, but I feel it is not, really!

My "Sound Off" is that imo, people are targeting her, because she is an easy target.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I can't be overly impressed with any adult that gets themselfs in trouble and then pubilicly cries to mommy.

Poor baby.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

It seems everyone, or most, want to really "stick it to her", but if all else were the same and the name "was not" Paris Hilton, I honestly believe most people would feel bad for her, not be jumping on her case like they are.

I certainly am not thinking "stick it to her" because of who she is.

Can you honestly name some unknown that people would feel bad for? That's the point, unless it's your immediate family, who knows about it? Furthermore why would anyone feel bad for someone that drove drunk and then violated probation? I mean, what is there to feel bad about?

Just treat her like anyone else, that's all....

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
My Opinion

Paris Hilton doesnt deserve to be in jail.

I dont even know she is there, Madd makes drinking and driving out to be so

bad and now you cant even go out and have a few beers and drive now.

Thats my opinion on this matter.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Maybe THIS will fire some of you up.

Paris Hilton commits a crime
Paris Hitlon loses her license
Paris Hilton drives anyway
Paris Hilton goes to jail
Paris Hilton gets out under suspicious circumstances
Paris Hilton goes back to jail
Paris Hilton cries

and now Paris Hilton gets ONE MILLION DOLLARS from NBC for an exclusive interview.

I blogged it...
Popscribe

I saw that coming A MILE AWAY! Good for her, now she has some spending cash for the week.... meh.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I would not feel any remorse for anyone serving a sentence they recieved for a DUI. I'm sure the rest of ATS feels the same....the smart ones at least

It's not like she got years, she got days..not even 2 months. She needs to quit crying and serve her time like everyone else would have to do.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
My views would just derail the topic by citing other matters of blinding press,

I just think its a insane notion to give her Airtime specialy when we all know its just going to make her MORE infamous, and thus forth help her sell her "new and Improved" self, Just seems to me its a high profile butt spanking for a idiotic gesture that most just get a hefty fine for or a nice lil vacation in a state run daycare (prison).

the funnier thing is its all interconnected, she wants to get press ( maybe not now, but will enjoy the repercussions) the mass medias want to cover it ( due to the ratings of the entertainment zombies ) and the jail / governing bodies dont mind the attention ( due to the possible money generated thru tourists )
lol even the postoffice is collecting with this thru all those stamps from the fan mail lol.

My name is Shane and Im signing off.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My Opinion

Paris had a couple drinks and drove I think arresting people for having a few

beers is stupid, really Alcohol doesnt affect a person that much.

It's like I always laugh when you see people acting all wild on alcohol, they

would act the same way if they were sober and given non alcoholic beer and not

told about it LOL.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
And you my friend would be a great candidate to voice that opinion. This is exactly what were shooting for, to invoke a reaction/emotion and the whole reason to "Sound-Off".

I'd like to beseech you to grab a microphone and share that with all of us. We 'need' to hear your voice too. And this show in itself will reach many more 'ears' than your posting in here.

So please... "Sound-Off" (instructions on where to send it to is in the first post),
Johnny

People.. please keep in mind that you'll reach a 1000 times more ears by making a small 15-20 second podcast for our show to use, and we'll toss some 20,000 ATS points your way for your trouble.

johnny

Originally posted by Useless Idiot
Paris Hilton? Is this a joke? Have I misunderstood something? Just what does Paris Hilton have to do with anything? Is it called 'SOUND OFF' because you need to listen to it with the sound off; or you'll smash the receiver to pieces? This is disgraceful, mindless, trash radio. This is absolute dumbing down. Aren't there enough discussions about her already? What is above top secret about her, or anything she does?
Pure horror.

[edit on 22-6-2007 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miishgoos
My Opinion

Paris had a couple drinks and drove I think arresting people for having a few

beers is stupid, really Alcohol doesnt affect a person that much.

It's like I always laugh when you see people acting all wild on alcohol, they

would act the same way if they were sober and given non alcoholic beer and not

told about it LOL.

Let me guess, you're anywhere between 12 and 16 right? Summer vacation trolls are starting early this year. You're likely having to go to summer school though.

Hopefully we won't be reading about you and the people you killed in a news story someday.

You can't really be that stupid, but then again....

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well............I can NOT for the life of me see WHAT Paris Hilton has to do with ATS in any way...........what a BEYOND LAME subject. SHe is so far away from 'secret' living her life in a fish bowl by choice in an succesfull attempt at fame and adding to her fortune

Thats the big main stream yadda blah blah buzz, and ATS is supposed to be different from main stream.
I thought that doing this 'MIX' was going to be cool but if you feel the need to start of with Paris Hilton as the best subject you can come up with you can bet your bottom dollar I won't be giving a listen OR participating in ANY way to your podcasts anytime in the future..........
Way to lameO

[edit on 22-6-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
LOL... paris hilton...

i actually don't think she deservse that punishment. I think rich people don't really like her cause she makes them look bad, so they are using her as an example trying to make everyone else think that you can't buy you're way outa any trouble. I know some people that are much more 'average joe' that have gotten of way more easier than her.

I also don't think she deserves a thread or a radio show devoted to her.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Well............I can NOT for the life of me see WHAT Paris Hilton has to do with ATS in any way...........what a BEYOND LAME subject.
Thats the big main stream yadda blah blah buzz, and ATS is supposed to be different from main stream.
I thought that doing this 'MIX' was going to be cool but if you feel the need to start of with Paris Hilton as the best subject you can come up with you can bet your bottom dollar I won't be giving a listen OR participating in ANY way to your podcasts anytime in the future..........
Way to lameO

But we did invoke a reaction, and I'd like to suggest that you grab your MIC and all that rage, and record it.. because thats exactly what "Sound-Off" is all about.. If your ticked off,, then record it and let us know...! I'll throw some ATS points your way for the trouble...

Hope your day goes better for you,
Johnny

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Personally I think celebs go into a spiral for a reason. Paris needs cash and this is her way (the celebs peoples) way of making some cash. Mark my words she will have a book out soon. Look at the has been "Hoff" and others who dissappear then return when they are turning NORMAL again. I mean not a celeb they once were.

Funny how they come back and right a book eh?

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
NBC Denies $1 Million Offer to Hilton

NEW YORK -- NBC News is denying reports that it has offered as much as $1 million for the first interview with Paris Hilton after her release from jail next week.

"We don't pay for interviews and we'll never pay for interviews, and I have no interview to confirm," NBC News spokeswoman Allison Gollust said Thursday night.

tv.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
1 Million? Come on this story is better written than told!

"PARIS HILTON UNLEASHED" the true story of a little rich girl gone wrong.

A worldwide best seller!

"I was astounded"..........The New York Post....

See?

7.95 a pop X 100,000,000 copies

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Well I've just sent my 2 centimes worth!

Great idea, I can't wait to see what other topics come up in the "sound-off" list.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join