It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret base in Alaska

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Some one tell me if this has already been posted but it looks like there is some kind of base in Alaska. A friend of mine showed it to me and I would show it to you but I don't know haw to take snap shots of of locations on Google earth.

If someone could look or show me how to do that then I would be regretful.

just look for the unnatural paths up in the mountains.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
could you give the longitude and latitude?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I think i may have seen it on ATS. Isn't it like a black strip and then the rest is blurred?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Lat 62.1747
Lon -141.1354

I think thats it....thread here

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dixi2344
I would show it to you but I don't know haw to take snap shots of of locations on Google earth.

Push the Print Screen button (above the number pad on the left hand side), then open up a paint program and paste it.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sounds like HARRP. Its in Gakona, Alaska at 62 deg 23.5 min North Latitude 145 deg 8.8 min West Longitude

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Thats cool but that's not what I'm talking about. from what I saw, the base is built into the mountain range. If I can find it again, than I will show you.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
There are a couple of military bases here. If you can show me where it is I might be able to find it. There's some weird things here because nobody is around the upper part of the state.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
My memory isn't that good but I know that it is some were in here

external image

hope i did that right

[edit on 22-6-2007 by dixi2344]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This is the whole reason the US bought Alaska, They feared the Russians would attack from the piece of land above Canada. So they purchased it and put a missle base there, they have since changed the operations to secret operations. However it still houses a missle defence system Just in case.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
that may be just it. if it is then I'm sorry I wasted your time.

the place i saw it was on the northern most mountain range

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by parry noid
This is the whole reason the US bought Alaska, They feared the Russians would attack from the piece of land above Canada. So they purchased it and put a missle base there, they have since changed the operations to secret operations. However it still houses a missle defence system Just in case.
no affence but the us bought alaska in the 1860's it was sewards icebox, and they bought from Russia too, so back in the 1860's there were no missile bases so they didnt buy it to put a missile base there sorry maybe they made it a state to put a missile base there

[edit on 6/25/2007 by denynothing]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'm hanging out with my friend this friday and he may be able to show me the area again so keep an eye out for that.

ps they also could have bought it for the crab ( watching deadliest catch)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
My dad's a pilot up here in alaska, i'll remain it undisclosed which part, but all pilots know exactly the location you'd be talking about if you asked them, any of them. The mountain range your referring to, is the Brooks Range, and the area, is near the Caribou Pass, name in eskimo hard to say, it's a no fly zone for anyone willing to go there. They say they are working on the road, but half the road workers are archeologists, trying to dig up something.

They say it's pre Eygptian Era, and it dates back to somewhere in between 10,000 to 14500 BCE. It's hard to dig up apparently they went through two hundred drill bits so far, I know about maybe ten of the archeologists on that project. The rest of the base however, no idea.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Then again they could just be digging an underground military base for the elite and covering it up by saying it's an archeological dig or road repair work.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I don't know about Archaeologists, but i can tell you that in March 2002, while working with a US Government Agency, Several USGS Geologists from a well known field office, were called off a very important job, no details where offered or given, in fact it wasn't that unusual for things like that to happen from time to time.

Anyhow a very good friend called me and asked would I be interested in working in Alaska on a special project, of course I was interested and they said they would make a move to have me included, I didn't hear anything for several weeks and had almost let it slip from my mind, when I heard their name mentioned in a conference call, I asked if any progress had been made.

The response i got was not to mention it again, and the excuse passed along was because I was not a US citizen, I found it odd at the time, because i had worked on important projects before without a problem, but took the hint and forgot about it, what has been said in this thread brought the memory back, funny thing is, I know they are still working up there, I also haven't had much more than an e-mail or two and a reference letter from them I requested since, which has always been a little out of character for them.

I thought I had upset them, (personal reason) I dare not ask either in case they get into deep doo doo,

If someone could include a picture of the area I would be really grateful, I would do it myself, but when I turn on GE while I have other programs running my laptop overheats, waiting to put in a new Processor.

Thank you OP for bringing back some memories of wonderful times, major turning point in my life happened because of what I just mentioned, who knows where my life would have gone if they had stayed in my life.

I know it is kinda off topic, but it could be relevant to the thread topic.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You have to remember that Alaska is full of abandoned mines, many of which you can explore if you have big nards, and are in physically fit shape to hike up a few thousand feet. (did anyone say a good bug out shelter?) There are Even abandoned missile sites all over the place.

Anonymous Poster has me intrigued though, any more info of what they are digging?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Alaska is a very unstable place. Full of volcano's and unstable ground. If the government is building a base, it's possible to geological experts where there for that reason. As they do in Kodiak, the Army uses old WW2 bunkers for ammunition storage. Why store it here? Whey do we have patriot missile launchers here? I've seen them.

Kodiak Island, Alaska was to be a site for missile silos. Kodiak was abandoned as a possible spot and it's possible they are looking elsewhere in the state. You also need to know that the University of Alaska Fairbanks has a leading Geo-Physicist lab not to mention it's only rocket launch pad. They too could be doing something.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing

Originally posted by parry noid
no affence but the us bought alaska in the 1860's it was sewards icebox, and they bought from Russia too, so back in the 1860's there were no missile bases so they didnt buy it to put a missile base there sorry maybe they made it a state to put a missile base there

[edit on 6/25/2007 by denynothing]

unbelieveable im not even american and have never studied american history at school but i can tell you that america bought alaska from Russia in 1867 for the handsome price of $$$7.2 million

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, sorry to be a sceptic but I'm afraid it's hard for me to keep an open mind on this.

The thing is, Google Maps relies entirely on images to show the location of a place. They would take aerial shots of a location and then piece them all together onto Google Maps. Maybe the Google fellows didn't take a picture of that one specific area of Alaska?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join