It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does ATS enhance awareness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Like many on here, I came across this site a few years ago but didn't join until quite recently.

Since joining, I have noticed that I have seen more strange stuff that I can't explain - I'll come to those in a minute.

I'm not a person who is easily influenced or open to suggestibility, but I do have an open mind and am prepared to modify opinions or accept those of others even when they run contrary to my own.

Since becoming an active member I have seen the following:
Strange lights that behave in a way I can't explain.
A glowing object that appeared to be changing colour, hovering in the sky on a direct line of sight with the one part of my window that I can see out of when the blinds are drawn
Very unusual cloud formations which behave in a way I haven't seen before, accompanied by unusual behaviour in seabirds (I live perhaps 200 yards from the sea) also accompanied by what I can only describe as meteor showers.

I'm not prepared to classify any of this as alien activity, because I have no proof - however I don't rule out the possibility either.

Is this just because I have a greater awareness of strange stuff because I read a lot on ATS? Although as stated, I'm not easily influenced at least without concrete proof.

I hesitate to say it, but could the fact that I've joined ATS made me a "target" for unusual activity?

[edit on 19/6/2007 by budski]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Is this just because I have a greater awareness of strange stuff because I read a lot on ATS? Although as stated, I'm not easily influenced at least without concrete proof.
Yes. You are more aware of things- and that's a good thing. The outside world is full of denial, and when you're in this mode, you dont see the things those who have gained some awareness do.
I hope you can handle it. It will certainly open up your mind and you will have one up on the rest of your friends and family.
Of course, not everything here is the Gospel. You have to make up your mind and pick and chose what you think may be true. Form your own opinion.
I have been here for a long time and i havent seen any UFO's, alien beings, but i have gained a "knowing" that nobody else i know has in my family.
Keep your mind open and learn.

[edit on 19-6-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I think all of us see the same basic things, just process it differently. Some people see a 'shape' in the sky, and because they are not aware that there are UFOs, or have not accepted that as fact on some level, they process this image as an aircraft or cloud.

A small child may look at the written word, and actually see it, but until their mind learns to sort the data the letters contain, the string of words are meaningless.

You just became a reader.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
But it could also be that you read all about UFO's and wierd things on here, then as soon as you see a shape your mind jumps to the conclusion that it is something paranormal or something.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
But it could also be that you read all about UFO's and wierd things on here, then as soon as you see a shape your mind jumps to the conclusion that it is something paranormal or something.

I don't really read the UFO threads, and as stated I'm not very easily influenced, when I do read them it's more out of curiosity than anything else.

Something needs to be proven to my satisfaction before I take it on board.

I'm nearly 40 years of age and pretty well educated, and I've seen a lot of strange, horrible and downright nutty things in my life, but had previously had no real interest in pursuing an explanation - to me some things just couldn't be explained by any conventional means.

What I do think is that ATS has helped open my mind to some things that defy "rational" explanation.

I'm not prepared to classify any of this as alien activity, because I have no proof - however I don't rule out the possibility either.

And I also posted this in the OP

[edit on 19/6/2007 by budski]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I hesitate to say it, but could the fact that I've joined ATS made me a "target" for unusual activity?

I doubt it. I think it is more like when you buy a new car, then suddenly you see how many of that model are also on the road. Paying attention to something new does increase your awareness, but in a perfectly natural way. Get a new cocker spaniel and it's amazing how many cocker spaniels are out there already!

I hesitate to say it, but suggesting joining ATS has made you a "target" for unusual activity does not point to a person who is not easily influenced without concrete proof.

However, now that you are interested, I think you can do things that make it more likely you will see something. I've never seen a UFO, but I still carry a camera and compass with me--just in case, even though the odds are probably low.

Having said all that, there is a school of thought that suggests you can influence the appearance of UFOs through things like meditation. If you travel down that path you will quickly lose the need for concrete proof. It is a realm where alien beings take the form of moths and Greys speak to you inside your head. Good luck!

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Awareness or illusion not sure what ATS is causing

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

I hesitate to say it, but suggesting joining ATS has made you a "target" for unusual activity does not point to a person who is not easily influenced without concrete proof.

However, now that you are interested, I think you can do things that make it more likely you will see something. I've never seen a UFO, but I still carry a camera and compass with me--just in case, even though the odds are probably low.

Having said all that, there is a school of thought that suggests you can influence the appearance of UFOs through things like meditation. If you travel down that path you will quickly lose the need for concrete proof. It is a realm where alien beings take the form of moths and Greys speak to you inside your head. Good luck!

Well first, it was more of an idea than a suggestion - wondering if anybody else had experienced an increase, and looking perhaps at some of the reasons.
I'm also not sure that I've ever seen a UFO - although I suppose in the strictest sense, they could be construed as such i.e. they were objects that appeared to be flying that I couldn't identify

The idea of alien visitation through meditation sounds a little far-fetched to me, but I'm willing to have a look and to experience new things and see how they pan out

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I don't believe ATS makes awareness. Theres tons of crap being flung around the boards about things which are seriously blantently 'out there'. Too much paranoia and funky theories.

Of all thing, ATS is the last place to look towards when it comes to getting really solid information. It is mainly because not only are you dealing with touchy subjects but people always have their opinions, personal beliefs, and personal desires.

All that stuff mixed together makes tons of really bad information. So to sum it up, I think ATS just makes you paranoid and delusional.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The idea of alien visitation through meditation sounds a little far-fetched to me, but I'm willing to have a look and to experience new things and see how they pan out

Go read a Greer thread. You'll get all the 'information' you could ever dream about.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Go read a Greer thread. You'll get all the 'information' you could ever dream about.

Well, I would if I could find any

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I think it is more like when you buy a new car, then suddenly you see how many of that model are also on the road.

Spot on !!! I agree 100%.

And, if you read back on some threads, once a "sighting" is mentioned,
all of a sudden, others saw the same thing. Odd.

If you travel down that path you will quickly lose the need for concrete proof. It is a realm where alien beings take the form of moths and Greys speak to you inside your head.

Please, don't take that path. It ruins credible researchers reputations.

Regards,
Lex

[edit on 19-6-2007 by Lexion]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Well, I would if I could find any

I'm torn here because there's only one on the first page and the rest have finally slipped below the fold, thankfully. But in the interests of showing the folly:

Here
or here
and here

You can also search and get many more threads.
Sorry, Lexion.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I think we all become a little more paranoid...so yeah awareness has something to do with that.

The more jittery we are the higher probability of finding something out of the ordinary.

I don't think it has to do with ATS, but I have a high awareness in general to inner and outer world. I am pretty in tune with my body and have a great idea of what is going on around me without seeing with my eyes.

Call it intuition, call it what you will (delusion if you want). For me its real...

Discussing topics on ATS has definitely expanded my mind and heart though.

I've gained insights that I would not have otherwise. Its easier to share some experiences with strangers than with friends who may say "you're crazy man, I like you."

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
My guess is that you are either paying more attention to the things around you, and really seeing things that you just ignored without a second thought, or you are seeing perfectly ordinary things and your brain's imagination is working overtime from all the stuff it read here on ATS.

KTK

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Its a bit like reading ghost stories or demonology before bed. The more you think about something the more it will come to fruition, real or not.

I havnt seen anything funky since being here although i dont dwell to hard on any of the things i come across.

Since joining ats i have become aware that not all americans are ignorant, that has given me a bit more hope. I have massive amounts of respect for all the non ignorant people in the world today, its not an easy task thinking for yourself when you are 3rd generation brainwashed. I have even more respect for people who are not ethnocentric, it takes alot of thinking outside the square and living on the edge of accepted sanity to get to these ways of thinking.

So in that respect ats has definatley raised my level of awareness. The awareness of hope.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
yes i think it does. not a lot of message boards touch on the subject matter that we have here on ats you know? it's kinda like "anything goes" . i mean if anything it will get someone thinking of all the possiblities

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
EDIT: ok, I admit I didn't read the whole post
I rarely do when I have something to spew out right away hehe. So in short the below is "what Dragon said"

or it could be a simple case that shows that you notice what your mind is preoocupied with...

In many ways coming to ATS and spending hours here every day / week resembles the study life of youngsters here in Denmark fx.
If you study architecture you suddenly find yourself noticing that particular onarmentation on that 17th century building thinking "omg... I never saw that before"
or if you are a photographer like me you suddenly start noticing every single movement of people, when they smile, when they reach down for a
bag standing on the ground while the man preoccupied with his paper is walking by, bumping into that lady who was leaning.
and if you study psychology you probably can't help analysing your friends in secret the first few years.

To sum up... there might be something tightening around us these days, I won't brush that off right away. But following the "what is most common to be the reason is probably the reason" I think this shows how everything needs to be taken with moderation.
It's easy to get swept away... I know from myself

Ofcourse as always only time will tell... and how fortunate in this case, that that statement probably never will yield a "victory" to any side
Atleast that is something both believers, sceptics and sceptic-believers can agree on.

[edit on 20/6/07 by flice]

top topics

join