It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: The Battle of LA, Supposed UFO Attacked by US Army

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

If the video fails to work:

www.youtube.com...

"1942 'Battle Of Los Angeles'
Imagine a visiting spacecraft from another world, or dimension, hovering over a panicked and blacked-out LA in the middle of the night just weeks after Pearl Harbor at the height of WWII fear and paranoia. Imagine how this huge ship, assumed to be some unknown Japanese aircraft, was then attacked as it hung, nearly stationary, over Culver City and Santa Monica by dozens of Army anti-aircraft batteries firing nearly 2,000 rounds of 12 pound, high explosive shells" - Youtube

[edit on 13-6-2007 by Cydonian Priest]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Wow, I figured there would be more comments here. Now I regret posting this

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
ive watched this video before and read follow-ups on it there were more than 85 confirmed hits and nothing not a dent nothing can you imagine the look on the faces of AA commanders that day??

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
oh and heres a link to a video of it www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Wow. I thought you had left ATS completely! Good to see your back. So what do think happened on that strange dark night?

[edit on 13-6-2007 by Cydonian Priest]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
honestly i believe it was a ufo and we couldnt shoot it down then the denials began if you look up the los angeles times picture of it then you can clearly see something not shaped like a airplane illuminated in the spotlights

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Interesting, It wasn't but two years later that the japanese started using Fugos which were balloons with bombs on them that would sometimes explode after a certain time set or after contact with the ground (many types were constructed). Though there is no way this is a balloon as several "confirmed" hits were anounced (also considered how it manuevered through the sky).

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Been covered extensively on ATS.

Here's a Link from 2002.

Sorry,
Lex

PS : Search is our friend.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Been covered extensively on ATS.

Here's a Link from 2002.

Sorry,
Lex

PS : Search is our friend.

lol only when you search for the right thing, I searched for battle LA and ufo, my mistake

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Originally posted by justanothergangster

there were more than 85 confirmed hits and nothing not a dent nothing

I'd be interested to see some links to this info.

From credible military sources, preferably.

Curious,
Lex

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I say excellent find, be glad you posted it. At least we know now the weather balloon claims were used before Roswell.I believe what they saw was real.Unless they were already filtering the news in the 40's.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Is there any other, longer footage of it still around? I wonder. I also wonder if there might be other, clearer photos sitting in the archives of one of the Los Angeles newspapers that existed at the time but are now gone, like the Examiner or the Herald-Express, or the Hollywood Citizen-News. Those archives must be around somewhere, either in physical form or on microfiche. But all I ever see are the same couple of photos.

Actually, with a few more photos, it might be possible to get a good 3-D stereo pair and possibly pick out the thing better from all the clouds and smoke.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
Is there any other, longer footage of it still around? I wonder. I also wonder if there might be other, clearer photos sitting in the archives of one of the Los Angeles newspapers that existed at the time but are now gone, like the Examiner or the Herald-Express, or the Hollywood Citizen-News. Those archives must be around somewhere, either in physical form or on microfiche. But all I ever see are the same couple of photos.

Actually, with a few more photos, it might be possible to get a good 3-D stereo pair and possibly pick out the thing better from all the clouds and smoke.

I don't know but it sounds like a thing to look into (later tonight of course) I might try to find some and post them here if I have success.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cydonian Priest

Originally posted by SuicideVirus

I don't know but it sounds like a thing to look into (later tonight of course) I might try to find some and post them here if I have success.

It's funny, because I've seen photos of other photos. That is, I've seen photos of people holding up newspapers with photos on them, and they're not the one I usually see that has been nicely scanned. So I figure they must exist. Unless in the Los Angeles / Hollywood area there were only a couple people around that night with cameras.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wasn't the video from the news channel? Maybe we could find the entire broadcast for that day (or the next). Maybe a document created by the actual cameraman and crew? It would be nice to find these things.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
www.youtube.com... heres a longer video with ?radio broadcast? from that day en.wikipedia.org... wikipedia of the event showing the picture from the la times ((allegedly)) www.sfmuseum.org... an article bout it from the san fransisco virtual museum please excuse me while i finish reading all of these

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Wow! You have been doing your homework, props for the info. Now we might have enough evidence/stuff compiled to sit around here even longer and talk about it!

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

A careful study of the evidence suggests that meteorological balloons—known to have been released over Los Angeles —may well have caused the initial alarm. This theory is supported by the fact that anti-aircraft artillery units were officially criticized for having wasted ammunition on targets which moved too slowly to have been airplanes.

From Gangsters own Link.

I really don't think there was a UFO there.

They had a knee-jerk reaction and started firing.

Oh, I'd still like to see the info on 85 confirmed hits.
I have a strange feeling that there will be no legitimate info.

Regards,
Lex

Edit to ammend the link.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by Lexion]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion

A careful study of the evidence suggests that meteorological balloons—known to have been released over Los Angeles —may well have caused the initial alarm. This theory is supported by the fact that anti-aircraft artillery units were officially criticized for having wasted ammunition on targets which moved too slowly to have been airplanes.

From Gangsters own Link.

I really don't think there was a UFO there.

They had a knee-jerk reaction and started firing.

Oh, I'd still like to see the info on 85 confirmed hits.
I have a strange feeling that there will be no legitimate info.

Regards,
Lex

Edit to ammend the link.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by Lexion]

lol Yeah thats it, a weather balloon. Something tells me they would know that it was a weather balloon, but the weather balloon does have a tendency to get caught up in all sorts of nasty stuff. It's like the military has a grudge against them.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
listen to the radio broadcast on that video unforunately it appears the la times database doesnt go that far back or that day is ommitted one of the two but you saw the video if that was a weather balloon then why didnt it go down?? imean surely if our AA was enough for the japanes oscar and zero we could shoot down a weather balloon or atleast i would hope so....imean if it really was a balloon it would have gone down on the first hit of flak and even if i cant confirm the hits like i said its in the video flack doesnt require a direct hit and there was enough of it to bring down a flying battleship for that matter plus the training our military has with AA im sure we connected....multiple times

<<   2  3  4 >>

join