It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21, 2012…The End…or just another beginning

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
There are many civilizations spread all over the world that have believed that something drastic and dire will happen or start on this day.

WEB-Bot Project – Designed in the 1990’s as a stock predictor. It uses millions of independent spiders bots the comb thru the internet for hints of future financial news.
- 911- A great event that will change America, June 2001.
- The Killer Tsunami of Dec 2004- August 2004 predicted earthquakes, 300,000 dead, rising water.
-Anthrax attack on DC
-Massive East Coast Power Outage of 2003
-Katrina 2005
-Future Predictions- 1. A Limited Nuclear War or something similar to it in 2008 to 2009. 2. A series of catastrophies that will peak in a global event in late 2012.

urbansurvival.com...
www.urbansurvival.com...

Sybil-Roman Oracle-She predicted the invasion of Hannibal, and his eventual defeat 700 years before it happened. Predicted Constantine by name 800 years before his birth. Predicted a new golden age brought forth by a child (Jesus) in 20BC. Her Future Predictions- They were written on scrolls, and housed in the Temple of Jupiter. There are 9 generations of 800 years each, the 10th generation will start around 2000, it will also be the last. The 10th will see a series of earthquakes, that will throw many cities into the sea. There shall be war, fire from the heavens, cities will burn. Black ash will fill the great sky and the world shall know the anger of the gods.

The Real Merlin- Is considered one of Europe’s greatest Oracles. The prophecies were published in 1130AD, based on ones from the 5th Century. He is described as a Celtic Shaman who is half man/ half demon. The Welsh called him “Myrddin Wilde” or Merlin the Wild. Many think Myrddin was actually a title of 2 or 3 different men. He Predicted: The first American Colony a 1,000 years before anyone knew what America was. The British victory over Napoleon. Nazi Holocaust. Speaking Stones (Cell Phones). His future predictions: 1. The 7th seas shall discharge itself from the River Burn for 7 months. Fishes shall die from the heat, and grow multiple tails. The Severn is where the nuclear power station is in the UK(Meltdown?). 2. London shall morn the deaths of 20,000 and the river Thames shall turn to blood. (Terrorist Attack?) 3. Sea’s rising (Global Warming). 4. The Planets will run out of their appointed paths (Polar shift?).

Mother Shipton- Predicted the Death of Henry the 8th. Defeat of the Spanish Armata, WWI, and WWII, Queen Victoria by name. She predicted half of the world’s population will die in a global event around now.

The Bible- The rise of the Anti-Christ, and Armaggedon.

Hopi- Believe the world has been created and destroyed 4 times. The believe we are currently in the transition phase to the 5th world. The signs will be the rise of the sea’s, great earthquakes all over the globe. The sun will turn much hotter.

www.kryon.com...

I CHING- The book of changes. 5,000 year old book. The McKenna brothers, broke the book down into fractuals that produced a timeline. The beginning of the Earth 1.3 billion years ago/ the end 2012.

survive2012.com...

The Mayan Calendar- The Calendar was more accurate than even our own. It Predicted 1. White skinned bearded Gods would arrive from across the sea on March 5, 1519. The precise date Cortez and his band arrived in the new world, and other predictions. Future Predictions
On December 21, 2012 the sun rises with in the Dark Rift at the center of the Galaxy. The Dark Rift is also referred to as “Cosmic Mother”, and “Black Hole”. This day shall have shall have a dire effect on our planet.

www.viewzone.com...

Discovery of a large Black hole in the Center of the Milky Way-Astronomers say that on December 21, 2012 the Earth will be in exact alignment with the Sun and the Center of the Milky Way. Its an event that happens only around every 25,000 years.

www.space.com...

archives.cnn.com...

Poll Shifts – Einstein suggested it in 1955. Scientist at Princeton (Bulletin-Geological Society of America, September/October 2006), believe that it has happened many times over the life span of the Earth. Millions of years ago the center of the Pacific Ocean was the North Poll and Alaska was on the equator. They believe that if this happens gradually there will be major changes in sea levels, and vast climate change. If it happens drastically there will be planet wide disasters, enormous tsunamis, massive earth quakes that last 5-10 minutes, and mass extinctions

scripts.mit.edu...

My Own Personal Belief
1. On December 21, 2012 with the earth in perfect alignment with the sun and a black hole. The Gravity of the black hole, or the fighting gravitational pulls of the Sun versus the black hole will seriously effect our planet. Our rotation will shift. Our polls will shift gradually to Earth standards, but drastically to our standards. Think what it would feel like to us if there was a 8.5 earthquake world wide today. Tsunami’s nailed all of the coast’s as more water than before is in the ocean, and now Canada was now the North Pole and the equator moved down.
2. There will be massive tsunami’s that will nail the coast lines from Days to months after the date.
3. The Earth will be hotter for a time until our orbit around the sun becomes more elliptical, instead of a circle as it has in the past.
4. Many people planet wide will die. But we will not all die. This happened 25,000 years ago and there were people on the Earth back then. But with the fact that we have many more people than they did back then and we hug the coastal waters so much it could be very bad.
5. The world will be thrown back into a small stone age for a tiny while. It will take us a while to build our technology back.
6. I can’t really think of a safe place to be, other than not on a coast.
7. God I hope this is all crap and people laugh in my face years from now. I will take it with a smile.

A lot of phophecies on a 2012 calendar:
www.diagnosis2012.co.uk...

Interesting Astrology
www.artideas.com...

Let Me know what you think.

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Royal76]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
That date will most definatley mark a new beginning.

It will mark the beginning of all these 2012 people preaching a new date after NOTHING happens.

Next it'll be...watch out for October 15, 2032. What will happen??

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
December 21, 2012. What prediction can I make for this date?
Hmmmmmm................
Wait! I got it! There will be just 3 shopping days left til Christmas!
Now there's some good predictin'!

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
A very nice summary, cheers! (and thankyou for all the links
)

I think there'll be big (manmade) problems BEFORE 2012 and 2012 will be a 'clearup'.
No Idea how many % will survive to see 2013, but it will be a new beginning...

Regards,
Sammy

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Did you bother to read it before you made fun?

I hope I'm wrong and we all have 3 more shoping days until christmas. But you must know more than scientist, ancient civilization right?

I'm not saying we should stick our heads in the sand and kiss our
good bye. I'm saying we should be prepaired.

Well there are some that think it will actually be the 23, do to our poor translation of the Calendar of the Mayans.

I'm asking everyone to read it and then tell me what they think.

Thanks Aldolas

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Royal76]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Two nights ago, a show was on the History channel that coverred everyone of the predictions mentioned above.

The web bot predicting use of limited nuclear weapons in 2008, to 2009 caught my ear. Also the Merlin prophet stating 20,000 dead in Britain did as well.

If I were to guess at some possible scenerios for 2012..... solar flares scorching the earth would be my guess.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
What exactly would these solar flares do ?

Would they kill and maim people or would they just play havoc with the electricity grids etc ?

[edit on 22-5-2007 by The_Coo]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is actually very serious, its not like y2k, or rapture, or anything but this is very scary. I honestly think that we are in for a ride and for the death of half the planet...if something horrible was to happen i pray that we are saved, hopefully we can have aliens come and save us. And i am serious...

basically this is all that might happen

- comet or asteroid hit the earth
- polar shift
- second coming of jesus
- nuclear war (WW3)
- We get sucked into a black whole (yea u never no, i cant wait till they start selling suicide pills for this)
- Aliens come and safe us or destroy us
- super volcano
- natural disasters o na massive scale
- a spiritual awakening or evolution for us
- solar flairs, or solar storms hit us causing really bad stuff on earth

it could be a mix of all, oh and if nothing happens i will never come back to ats again because 2012 is 2012.

Oh i have PDF that has information on what happens when we go through 2012, anyway it says that we will lose our technology for a while, but it has directions for things to build that will work after 2012...let me try to find it.

[edit on 22-5-2007 by ATSGUY]

[edit on 22-5-2007 by ATSGUY]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Nice thread Royal76, I for one am interested in 2012. I can't say what will happen, only that I will have to wait. Your right about not burying our heads in the sand but we should be prepared if not always prepared. This decade, at least for me, is going by fast. 2012 will certainly be important no matter what happens. I'm not gonna obsess with 2012, but I will keep an open mind and a stock pile of basic needs of survival. I do see things coming to the surface like puss in a zit waiting to pop, only a matter of time.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
this is all very interesting

and slightly scary haha

but i don't think anything of much importance will happen based on past predictions

many people have made predictions of the apocolypse, end of the world, major catastrophes, etc.

almost 99% don't come true

so I don't believe we have anything to worry about

-ps nostradamus was a fool-people translated his texts wrong

and tweaked with them on purpose.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Royal76, you got all that information from that show "Decoding the Past - Doomsday 2012" didn't you?

I have watched every video that has anything to do with 2012 because its something i'm very interested in.

Our solar system will be coming into alignment with the galaxy and central sun, causing a precession of the equinox's. It is said that when this happens we will receive a blast of energy from the central sun. Other things to note is that we will also be in the centre of the photon belt (an area of space containing highly charged light particles), and also that the schuman resonance frequency has been increasing over the years while the magnetic field has been decreasing. Now I don't know about you but this seems like quite a few rather significant things happening. I think that with a low magnetic field, a high schuman frequency, being aligned with the galaxy and in an area of highly charged light particles could cause a profound change on earth, perhaps even a mutation in our DNA.

As Ian Lungold suggests, the mayan calender reflects consciousness and in 2012 our consciousness will evolve. The mayans say that "time will end as we know it", this of course doesn't necessarily mean something bad, it just means that time will end AS WE KNOW IT. So perhaps we will move into the 5th density where time no longer applies.

There seems to be a lot of evidence, not just predictions but also astrological evidence that something will definately happen on Dec. 21st 2012. All we can do is hope that its something good, not bad.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well this isn't like every other prediction/prophecy -
Dont you think its odd that the mayans had a date (2012)

1.their cycle ends dec .21 .2012
2.our galaxy will be right on the galactic equator.
3.solar cycle peak (solor storms / sun spots)

The mayan Calendar was more accurate than ours.

The weirdest thing is - how did they know all this? is it by sheer coincidence that all these things will happen right on that day? i think not.

my 2cents.
Orion_

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Next it'll be...watch out for October 15, 2032. What will happen??

Naah! That's too far! Watch out for 15 Feb of next year......

It's MY BIRTHDAY!!!

Cheers!

P.S. Darn!! This topic has been massacred to death on ATS!

[edit on 23-5-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Technological singularity maybe?

... or we blow ourselves to kingdom come

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well i hope it will be interesting, that we will finally know the truth about aliens, and universe, and other truths. But who doesn't want that ya know. All i can say is probally 2012 is going to be another uneventvul year and all the nuts and doomsdayers will latch on to a new date. Since life is so linear and boring at times, don't you love to hear how many times were might die?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well i hope it will be interesting, that we will finally know the truth about aliens, and universe, and other truths. But who doesn't want that ya know. All i can say is probally 2012 is going to be another uneventvul year and all the nuts and doomsdayers will latch on to a new date. Since life is so linear and boring at times, don't you love to hear how many times we might die?

Sorry about the double post, my computer was acting wierd

[edit on 23-5-2007 by malakiem]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Things that really got me about 2012

1. Not just one, not two or three but most of all the truly ancient civilizations that prospered all said that this day or a time close to it was the end of a phase and that world as we knew it would change forever.
-In the new phase there could by a vast number of things that could happen.
2.Our planet is in exact alignment with the sun and a newly discovered "Black Hole", something the Mayans some how knew about. I seriously wonder about if they were visited by aliens or something. Their calender is ridiculous. They knew about celestial events thousands of years before they happened. They knew about a "Dark Rift", or "Black Hole", something we had no idea about until maybe a hundred years ago.
-This event only happens once every 25,000 years. Right now I am searching for what the earth was like 25k ago. I know there were civilized people in China, and at least barbarian like people around the rest of the world. I wonder if they really noted if a polar shift happened, or rays from the sun nailed the planet. Maybe they thought it was just the wrath of their gods or something.
-The main thing is that what ever happened 25,000 years ago will have a more drastic effect on our over populated Earth as compared to the past where we were much thinner, more spread out, and didn't communicate with each other.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by Royal76]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I was looking around on the net and found some funy and interesting sites about December 21, 2012.

www.december212012.com...

www.greatdreams.com...

www.levity.com...

www.en.wikipedia.org...

www.artideas.com...

www.planetpapp.com...

www.december212012.net...

[edit on 25-5-2007 by Royal76]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
That was a real good thread Royal

You will notice my name. I'm not sure if we are all dead, a new age begins, or our alien masters come back to see if we have grown up yet?

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
In my opinion it is not the end.

We may be passing through a black hole around that time...or be done passing through one as we may be in one now...

If you believe in cycles of death and rebirth this may be a little enlightening for you.

Singularity

In the hypersphere, we are on the downward part of the spiral. By 2012, we will come out on the other side and be whole beings once again.

www.jayweidner.com... (scroll down to the bottom)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join