It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will be our saviour/destroyer?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Does anyone know or heard of who the antichrist/christ is meant to be?
Is he/she already amongst us? Will it be someone already in religion, will it be a celebrity?

Is it meant to be a normal person who has a epiphany then realizes their true calling, or have they known all their life?

If they do already know, why the wait? Since most people here think 2012 is a significant date you would hardly announce yourself then. Wouldn't a surprise be better?

Sorry if this post sounds sarcastic, but im having trouble imagining two beings having a battle for supreme dominancy.

Will they be flying round shooting fireballs at each other? Or is it meant to be a more spiritual event? Will we ever know its happening? Can we pick sides?

Whats gonna happen?

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Assuming that the anti-Christ is an individual rather than a frame of mind, he probably doesn't know that he's the anti-Christ. Most likely, at the present time he just "feels" that he has an important role to fill.

Is he in politics or religion as we speak, I don't know, but my gut instinct tells me that he is currently not involved in any of those things. It seems that when he rises into power, he will come from seemingly no where. He will not be one of the elites.

He, according to the book of Daniel, will not be a "handsome,charismatic" individual as so many keep thinking about. Daniel described him as the "king with a fierce countenance" In other words, the king with an angry facial expression.

However, while he will not have the appearance of "friendliness," people will be drawn to him because of his super intellect. He will be a man with the answers and people will put aside his physical appearance and gravitate towards him because he will seemingly have the answers to the world's problems.

[edit on 19-5-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I agree, if Antichrist is a real person he will be most probably an ordinary man, from simple family and he will talk simple and people will see themselves in him. You can say people like movie and political stars but this is more or less because of mainstream media focusing on them, making them 'important' and because of sex appeal. But at the end of the day people will still trust MORE someone who looks and speaks like them, without makeup and silicone.

It's wrong to think some hero must be tall, good looking, royal blood and with magical powers. Just look at history and you will see most influential people were average looking, short and angry.

I find it funny how every religion expects some kind of a super-man as messiah with fireballs coming out of his eyes. They all forget intellect is the most powerful weapon.

[edit on 19-5-2007 by 64738]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think Al Gore has all the traits of the Anti Christ. He obviously doesn't come from the Middle East, however he does give me an erie feeling. he comes as a man of peace, with a political background. He is currently 57 years old (not that that really matters) and has the love of many (including those from different nations.)

Other then that, I suppose the Anti Christ could be anyone. He would have to available to many to gain followers.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
OK. So what is this person going to exactly? (S)he can't take over the world simply by being a good speaker with a way with people. (S)he must have some power, so how will they do it?

To say that everyone will be drawn to him/her is impossible because everyone has a different perspective on life, and wont all comply.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
He will use his intellect to gain followers, i believe. I am not sure if speaking in public is what he will want since this is more or less reserved for politicians and celebrities and limited to one group of people while he wants to get all people.

On a side note... Maybe discussing this is not wise since we may accidentally 'expose' some of the plans he may have. As i understand he will destroy all corrupted, which i would like he succeeds with. Go to hell NWO nazis!.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
How will this person try to take over the world? How will the battle of good vs evil take place? It can't just be a battle of minds, it has to be something that's real, something we can see and feel.

Why would Al Gore be promoting peace if he is the antichrist?

Surely he would incite hatred amongst the world.

I think the person would have to be in an extreme position of power to have any influence over the destiny of this planet.

Is our supposed saviour somewhere on earth or will he just appear when the time is right?

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The best way to manipulate/control people is to fool them. If the act seems good...we think it is good. I doubt Al Gore, or the Antichrist will come into the White House(Or whatever house) with guns blasting and 666 tattoos on his arms. He or she is much smarter than that. I never judge a man by what he does...but by why he does it. The difference is immense.

Also, the Antichrist(if there is...or will ever be one) may not have power right now, but can easily get power by out-smarting others.

There are some people who are so charismatic that you have to listen to them...and maybe soon follow them. Maybe even give him a few thousand dollars because he has done something for you. Maybe so hypnotic and charismatic that you make him CEO of your company(believe me...the majority of the poulation aren't very smart).

One thing I can be sure of, if the Antichrist were to ever come...(she)he'd be a lot smarter than most of the people who inhabit the Earth.

And like some have stated...the antichrist may not be one man...but a state of mind...or a movement of many minds.

[edit on 19-5-2007 by sdrawkcab]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
ultimately, i thimk we will destroy ourselves, and we are in the process of it now.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
ultimately, i thimk we will destroy ourselves, and we are in the process of it now.

Think You hit the proverbial nail on the head and I agree with You. We are on the path of self-destruction. Look at what we've done, what We're doing to Our world, to Ourselves, to Our fellow man. How long can We sustain Ourselves if We continue on this path? I wonder what it will take for Us to change Our position from destroyer to saviour? No one holds the key to the future, Our childrens future, but Us. I sometimes wonder why people just sit back and wait for life to happen. We are all capable of being someones saviour. Maybe the saviour You're waiting for is actually waiting for You, for Us, to step up and begin the process of saving Ourselves.

Peace. K*

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demetre

Originally posted by wisefoolishness

Think You hit the proverbial nail on the head and I agree with You. We are on the path of self-destruction. Look at what we've done, what We're doing to Our world, to Ourselves, to Our fellow man. How long can We sustain Ourselves if We continue on this path? I wonder what it will take for Us to change Our position from destroyer to saviour? No one holds the key to the future, Our childrens future, but Us. I sometimes wonder why people just sit back and wait for life to happen. We are all capable of being someones saviour. Maybe the saviour You're waiting for is actually waiting for You, for Us, to step up and begin the process of saving Ourselves.

i agree with you agreeing with me. you pretty much summed it all up. we take a little bit of our future away everyday, and we kill of some of our descendants every day. there will be no children to worry about our problems if we don't take care of it soon.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
To say that everyone will be drawn to him/her is impossible because everyone has a different perspective on life, and wont all comply.

Most likely by the time that the anti-Christ makes his appearance, the world will be in such a condition that people will be all too ready to comply with the super brain.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
Why would Al Gore be promoting peace if he is the antichrist?

Surely he would incite hatred amongst the world.

Not really,the bible states that "by peace he shall destroy." He will destroy people under the guise of creating peace. He will basically state that a portion of the world must be decimated before there can ever be world peace.

[edit on 20-5-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Actually, the bible doesnt mention "One" as being the Antichrist. It says everyone who doesnt except Christ or believe in his teachings is the Antichrist.

I honestly think the Bible events (the Book of Revelations) take place over a span of 50-100 years. With the 'Beast' and its Four followers, the Dragon, the Era of Peace etc...I think most people beleive that the world will go 'Boom" then it ends.

The Beast of the Biblical era has come and gone under Nero. Now we have to be aware of 'the Deceiver' in our time...if it is in our time.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judaz_Escariot
think most people beleive that the world will go 'Boom" then it ends.

Well, this is a bit off topic, but I don't actually believe in the complete destruction of the earth. I think that there will be a complete destruction of the present world system, but that doesn't constitute a destruction of the earth, in my honest opinion.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
No. You cannot fool people for too long and no he won't go after normal people but after all those who deserve 'wrath of god' as dusty propaganda books say. He will offer real solutions and information.

Antichrist will just speed up inevitable - people make wars and kill until they get tired of it and then society evolves to more humane and spiritual one. Just look at middle or dark ages and today. Similar way we will evolve after new conflicts and maybe, just MAYBE, one day apes will realize throwing crap at each other is primitive and unneeded.

Antichrist appears to be like some scary monster-human while you are real monsters. Think about it. How much people would die if millions said 'no we don't want your crazy war, not anymore'. How much 'elites' are there anyway? 1 million? Why do you listen to them anyway? As someone said, do not worship false gods.

[edit on 20-5-2007 by 64738]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
64738, well, given that most people debate whether or not the anti-Christ will be or is a man or not, I think that it is important to understand that there is divided opinion.

Now, assuming that he is a man, he will certainly fulfill a purpose or a "need" for humanity. The real question is whether we will learn the lesson that he will bring.

While it seems that we somewhat learned the lesson from Hitler, there is still hatred in the world for other ethnic groups. Hitler, whether wantonly or not, showed the world what true hatred looked like and what it could do to the world.

Everything serves a purpose, you are correct in saying that.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The question I ask is this: How hard would it be to mistake a normal man/woman for the Antichrist? In another thread, Concerning the Antichrist..., I'm trying to get a handle on wether or not people would rise up against someone in a position of power with ideas that change the world for the better, but conflict with what was normal at the time.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
People do it all the time, just google a bit and you will see they see Antichrist everywhere, some even in Mother Teresa. Someone did research and came to conclusion she was the antichrist and loyal agent of Satan himself. If they can say that for her, what chance do we have hehe. Some sites are really so dumb, i mean some people.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think it's important to realize that while, at least initially, the changes that the anti-Christ make will be positive, it all falls apart about half way through his reign. The first three and a half years of his reign will seem like "heaven on earth," and then he will survive a "fatal wound to the head," probably due to an assassination attempt. When he comes back to power, things will not be as they were.

He will reign with an iron claw and persecute anyone who opposes him. While people attribute this to him being possessed by Satan, I must say, if someone made an attempt on my life, I'd be pretty pissed as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join