It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Americans tell me why your country must oppress people with such malice

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTemplarConnection
But in France did we steal our land from indigenous peoples?

Well…since Gaul was conquered by Rome then the Franks etc. etc. you must relate to the US a little (of course forgetting Canada’s history)…The US took land from indigenous peoples after the British, French, Spanish, Portuguese etc. The pathetic mess left to the fledgling US was handed to it by several hundred years of failed European attempts of colonialization and genocide.

Speaking of genocide…France has a very recent history of this in say….Africa, no? Perhaps when pointing the finger toward oppression and bigotry look there first.

No. In France, do we shoot people who seek to enter our country seeking a better life?

No, apparently they are more than likely shot before the option of entering the country…see above.

In France do we stuff our children's mouths with the vomitous mass of un-edible diet you call "BigMacs" and then wonder why they develop diabetes?

Only had a few in my life, but apparently these mentioned various chains also exist in France and are not closing anytime soon…get off it.

While on the subject…why are you here studying in this crappy country?

mg

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
My experience was for the most part pleasant, however being an American in France can be trying sometimes as well. The language barrier was tough, being of French decendency I was treated fairly until I opened my mouth and spoke American. At least half the time the facial expressions said "good grief not an American". Also the money being different I found after I became accustomed to it that I had been ripped off on 3 or 4 accasions. Now the food was great, however the use of butter can be compared to our love of Micky D's.

Our differences are what makes this world the place it is, don't belittle average people for the greed and arrogance of the elite that inhabit all societies. When we finally get around to the change that is needed it will be quite a bloody day for the ones who live in glass houses.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   

No matter where one finds himself, with commitment and imagination anyone can achieve thier dreams. But my comparison of America to France is incongruent to the comparison of apples and oranges. This is because we are each living life for ourselves and know one else. Each individual should be free to act as they see fit. My problem with America stems from it's habbit of meddling in other countries affairs and impeding thier right to live thier lives as they see fit. It is unavoidable that every country does this to some degree, but not to the copious extent America does.

The corporate elites are the ones who dictates those actions, not the population.

You got your aim in the wrong direction, don't blame the people of America, Blame the extremely rich people who are manipulating the strings from behind the scenes.

Keep in mind that France is also part of the N.W.O and so is many other countries.

So now my friend, stop bashing us and join us in denying them absolute ignorance.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
And also...

This is the forum about 911 so your thread is clearly not suited for this forum.

It should be moved to bts since it's not a conspiracy.

I'm surprised no mods moved this thread yet.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I find this critisism of America by a French person laughable.
The French have the reputation as being the most ARROGANT people in the world. This thread only proves it.

To the original poster....pot, kettle, black!!

I'd prefer a McDonalds hamburger (which I dont like ) over fried frogs legs and snails anyday.

I am a French student spending in this nation my first year at University of Arizona and I must convey to you my position.

I'll fill the rest in..."...not only am I a hypocrit for studying in a country that I detest but I'm also incredibly arrogant as well...."

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

UofA has a large population of latin american women who are in my oppinion the most beautiful girls in all the globe. Add with that the cultural diversity you see on campus and it makes for many a night of fantasizing in the dorm.

First, I've never heard anyone seriously challenge the fact that Brazilian girls are the most beautiful in the world. but I must admit that I now believe that you are a French male, since you haven't said one word about the beauty of French girls, who are gorgeous. Without question they dress better than all other women.

I agree with the member who said move this thread.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

But in France did we steal our land from indigenous peoples? No. In France, do we shoot people who seek to enter our country seeking a better life? In France do we stuff our children's mouths with the vomitous mass of un-edible diet you call "BigMacs" and then wonder why they develop diabetes?

Hmm...you say above that you don't mean to upset someone. You say that you are only pointing out the truth. maybe you have good intentions and just want honest discourse. Maybe you are affirming the stereotype of a pompous, arrogant, egocentric French person. Who knows?

I do not wish to haggle over this. I am not trying to incite any rancor. I do want to point out that what you lament in the US seems to be a worldwide (thus, human) phenomenon. Yeah, we are a nation with a damaged psyche. So are all of the EU nations, and every other nation on earth. If you disagree, why not explain how happy the youth and muslims were over last summer to us? They were expressing their joy by burning their neighborhoods and attacking police. Is this the levelheadedness you seek in Americans, that you would say that our irritation at your position only proves your position?

You should be very, very careful when lumping all people into a stereotype. It not only does a disservice to the people you refer to, it betrays a purposeful ignorance and intolerance within yourself.

Now, for some facts:

This is written by your very own countryman:

Almost twenty years on McDonald’s France now has 640 outlets with an annual turnover of 8.8 billion French francs. It is the premier restaurant chain in the country, enjoying a massive 70% of the hamburger market, leaving its Belgian-run rival Quick trailing way behind. Nor is that the end of the story – for McDonald’s are continuing to spring up thick and fast – with between 80 and 90 outlets scheduled to open during the course of the next 5 years, which means that the number of McDos, as they are popularly known in France, should level out at around the one thousand mark. Not bad going, n’est ce pas, for a corporation which at one time had contemplated the wisdom of attempting to penetrate the French market at all.

www.jeremyjosephs.com...

Yeah, us "piggy" Americans with our fat kids inhaling Big Macs and sweating "special sauce"

This is the one that gets me most, though:

But in France did we steal our land from indigenous peoples? No.

Did you sleep through the Frankish history class? Surely you know that the Franks slaughtered and displaced the Celts to take over your land, right? That is what conquering is: the "stealing" of land and valuables. We didn't leave all the men dead, though. So there were limits on our actions.

But, i have never killed an indian (or anyone else, for that matter). I am partially hispanic, and my wife is mexican american, 3rd generation. I am unsure how what happened in the lifetimes of people that were dead when i was born really pertains to who/what I am?

Regarding shooting people who enter our country...it is a sad way that we deal with the border. I, for one, can vouch for the fact that we need the foriegn labor. There are restaurants in my town that have closed because there is no one to operate them. I haven't been able to go out to eat in months. I am a call center manager, and have a job for 300 bilingual agents...know any you can send my way? I am paying 2 bucks an hour over our competitors, and have taken all their employees, too.

Know that that means? Some of you may not get your cell phones activated until we start filling seats.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
I find this critisism of America by a French person laughable.
The French have the reputation as being the most ARROGANT people in the world. This thread only proves it.

Why now, let's not fight stereotypes by adding more stereotypes...

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I call shenanigans. I do not believe the OP is a French student studying in America. This has got Troll post written all over it. Please, TheTemplarConnection, tell us all a little bit about yourself, in French please…It will be easy to figure out if you are using a crappy internet translator. He is very articulate in the English language. I can only imagine how eloquent he must write in his own language.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

Perhaps while entering the world of ATS and making his first thread, he tripped and fell on his face.

I'll give him another chance but another troll thread from him and he's pretty much a confirmed troll.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

but not to the copious extent America does.

I say pound for pound we're not that much different than the next. Also, if you give anyone a little more power, they become a little more arrogant. USA has been super for almost 70 years now, what you are referring to is the natural reaction to all that greed and arrogance.

I hate it myself. But call it what it is my friend. Your finger points to generalize a nation of 300 million.

Take care.

AAC

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
TheTemplarConnection it was not this way in the past, it's not the fault of the american people that their goverment is the way it is.

The soviet union had the same story, people, cintizens in the soviet union did not like the soviet union, just like most americans today don't like the curent administration that is running their country.
The difference tho betwen soviet union and united states is that people revolted but it was much worse for them than it is for americans.

Europe was once the same, we killed people, we invaded, we led crusades, we took things by force, we decided for others.
The one thing I can blame americans for is being too confortable and not caring that the decisions taken by their leaders are affecting the rest of the world.
Other than that I see no fault to place on them.
In essence people are the same all over the world, just people.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   

. . . The line between Moral and Immoral is arbitrary and subjective, and without the context of a religious authority (ex. The Judeo-Christian Bible) no actions can be defined as immoral or moral.

Great. If nothing is immoral, "objectively," then you can have no beef with the United States. WE cannot be defined as immoral, by your own standard. Therefore we are neither more moral, nor less moral, than any other nation.

So why do you castigate us in particular, since we are neither better nor worse than anyone else. Why aren't you harranguing, say, Birkina Fasao or something, why pick on us?

Is even your moral relativism a "subjective" tool?

(edit for spelling)

[edit on 27-4-2007 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTemplarConnectionMy lifestyle is my business and it is not to be judged. I realize my statement may offend the ignorant but if such a reaction is invoked it is only lends further credence towards affirmation of my discontent.

[edit on 26-4-2007 by TheTemplarConnection]

Ohhh I see, Your Lifestyle is not to be judged - but it's OK for you to judge the lifestyles of an Entire Nation, due to how you perceive their government.

See your folly ?

You claim the higher ground of separation of the individual from the whole, yet deny that to those you attack in your OP.

Take a step back and see where you've gone wrong. You are being as much a hippocrit as those you beleaguer with the statements in your OP, sir.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   

But in France did we steal our land from indigenous peoples? No. In France, do we shoot people who seek to enter our country seeking a better life? In France do we stuff our children's mouths with the vomitous mass of un-edible diet you call "BigMacs" and then wonder why they develop diabetes?

[edit on 26-4-2007 by TheTemplarConnection]

I do so smell an ulterior motive here.. am I alone ?

Shame really...

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Why does our country opress people?

Because we can.

[edit on 4-27-2007 by WolfofWar]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
sorry but maybe I'm confused, but wasn't Napoleon French? he WAS a dictator right> and ruled the French, It didn't seem to me that he was a very nice guy, seems he meddled in quite a few countries himself. (BTW I'm indigenous to north America).

Before WW1 and WW2 the US of a had a isolationist foreign policy, this could be the reason our foreign policies have changed, but no matter how the rest of the world views us, there has not been ANOTHER world war (yet)

If you think the "average" citizen of the U.S. of A. is an ignorant Oaf, you maybe correct, but when the crap hits the fan, it seems WE ( the ignorant oafs) are the ones everyone wants to save them in the past, and we form our opinions from past experiences.

I would be quite happy to go back to the Monroe doctrine, it would save a great deal of my tax dollars

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Why does our country opress people?

Because we can.

[edit on 4-27-2007 by WolfofWar]

You know it's weird, this guy does not look human.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by selfless]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Did you sleep through the Frankish history class? Surely you know that the Franks slaughtered and displaced the Celts to take over your land, right? That is what conquering is: the "stealing" of land and valuables. We didn't leave all the men dead, though. So there were limits on our actions.

But, i have never killed an indian (or anyone else, for that matter). I am partially hispanic, and my wife is mexican american, 3rd generation. I am unsure how what happened in the lifetimes of people that were dead when i was born really pertains to who/what I am?

Regarding shooting people who enter our country...it is a sad way that we deal with the border. I, for one, can vouch for the fact that we need the foriegn labor. There are restaurants in my town that have closed because there is no one to operate them. I haven't been able to go out to eat in months. I am a call center manager, and have a job for 300 bilingual agents...know any you can send my way? I am paying 2 bucks an hour over our competitors, and have taken all their employees, too.

Of course I am aware of the slaughter of the Celts, but there is one crucial difference you failed to recognize in your ignorance. Celts and Franks are both Caucasian. American imperialism is often targeted towards ethnicities. At least your ignorance does not extend so far as to render you oblivious to dependency America has on foreign labor.

EDIT: Also, for those who inquired about my name, it relates to my belief that the US is a descendent of the order of the Knights Templar who still exist under the guise of the Skull and Bones, and this is part of the reason I feel the US is overly oppressive against muslims.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by TheTemplarConnection]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
First, I've never heard anyone seriously challenge the fact that Brazilian girls are the most beautiful in the world. but I must admit that I now believe that you are a French male, since you haven't said one word about the beauty of French girls, who are gorgeous. Without question they dress better than all other women.

The bosoms of college girls are truly my vice. I could write a thesis on the artistic notions evoked by the way different fabric runs over the breasts. In France women take pride in being complimented on the erotic countours of thier physique but in the US such an interest is considered taboo. Tight, how do you say... shorts.... also tweak my fancy. Americans who agree that such interests should not be openly discussed, why do you feel this way?

EDIT: For those who inquired about my name, it relates to my belief that the US is a direct descendant of the Order of the Knights Templar, who still exist under the guise of the Skull and Bones. This is a major reason the US is so opressive towards Islam.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by TheTemplarConnection]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join