It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VaTech Gunman Contacted NBC News During Massacre

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sad Lil Alex

Perhaps Identity concealment of himself was not the point? i havnt been able to read the articles or even see the news.. but perhaps he had obtained these firearms from a friend and wanted to protect his friend? or maybe a relative? even loners know people....

It was established early on that he bought these weapons legally. Also, he had the month-old receipt for the guns in his pocket. Oddly enough, he had no other identification on him but he had a gun purchase receipt? Strangeness all 'round.........

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
That he went on a killing spree and filed off the gun serial numbers indicates that he was running a script in his head that had very little to do reasonable interaction with reality.

When people break down psychologically there will be default scripts that have been influenced by both culture and upbringing.

He probably had been fantasizing about killing according to whatever movies or books he'd read on the subject and filed the serial numbers because it fit the script in his head and perhaps he has previous victims in unsolved cases.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Here are some pics he took of himself and mailed out to NBC. not sure if they have been posted yet but here they are anyway.

Pretty disturbing.

What I want to know is who took the pictures? To me, it looks like some of them were taken by another person. The images seem to be about eye level. Something just doesn't seem right with them. Does anyone have or know of any way to tell if this is a camera on a table or in a second persons hands?

Also, Is there any way 'Ismail Ax' is an anagram?

[edit on 4/19/2007 by digitalassassin]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I asked my husband that exact same question. I was wondering if it looked like someone else took some of the pictures.

I was looking behind him at shadows on the wall to see if I could see something else.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Shar]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I dunno if I've just been watching too many futuristic movies or reading too much crap on the internet but I got a really wierd vibe from this whole thing.

At first I was like "great, another student going mentally insane."

But now I'm looking at this through the conspiracy eye ... and I can't help but think that there is gonna be some severe legislation regarding personal security levied in this country. It may be jumping the gun a bit, but if taking a trip to a university requires getting a chip implanted in my head, I'd just as soon take my chances with the loonies.

Plus the serial number filing just makes me think that the guns are now untraceable. So all we have to go on is that a gun dealer said this guy bought them and that his reciept matched the sale. How do the cops KNOW then, with 100% certainty, that those were the guns he indeed bought?

Again I apologize to anyone who was hurt personally by this tragedy. I just smell something not quite right.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin

What I want to know is who took the pictures? To me, it looks like some of them were taken by another person. The images seem to be about eye level. Something just doesn't seem right with them. Does anyone have or know of any way to tell if this is a camera on a table or in a second persons hands?

All he would need to achieve these shots are a digital camera with a timer and a tripod.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
Again I apologize to anyone who was hurt personally by this tragedy. I just smell something not quite right.

That's nice of you Fiverz.
But I think it would be quite looney for anyone involved in this personally to visit a CONSPIRACY SITE.

I think it would be also helpful if anyone out there who is really upset about this being discussed as a potential conspiracy, not to visit the these threads and call people who are discussing the inconsistencies sickos. Thanks.

Has there been any comment or news from or about the shooters parents or family?

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Flighty]

CX

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

What I want to know is who took the pictures? To me, it looks like some of them were taken by another person. The images seem to be about eye level.

All he would need to achieve these shots are a digital camera with a timer and a tripod.

Yep, nothing strange here. I took some recently for a fitness competition and just stuck the camera on my shelf in the lounge at the required height.

Self timer and hey presto.

To be honest, if someone else had taken these pics for Cho, i think they would have had to have been as equally messed up to not report this immediately, or at least give some kind of warning of the impending bloodbath.

CX.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I suspect he was bullied.
The way he talks, he reminds me a lot of people in my school that other people thought of as "weird" and ended up being bullied.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty

Has there been any comment or news from or about the shooters parents or family?

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Flighty]

Exactly among my first thoughts and a persistant pondering for every new bit of information coming in. From the moment we learned he was East Asian my speculations and sympathy has been around his parents.

To do honor to parents and forefathers is about everything in the culture of his origin. This is as far opposite as can be, therefore the worst dishonor, disgrace any can bring on them.

No matter how mislead, possessed, screwed or what ever this poor soul has been, something must have done him very bitter to step so much outside the disipline of his culture.

Are we interested in knowing what that 'something' can be?

For Martin Bryant of the Port Arthur massacre we were told he on behalf of his father carried a grudge against the couple first killed in his rampage. And maybe there's something about it, when you start to kill, it is much easier to go on than to stop.

I believe that to be true ...but not that the gun control lobby should have placed snipers around.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The way i see it is that in the state's the schools and uni's are far too big. On campus your probrobly not likely to see the same person twice. They are like mini cities in the middle of nowhere. With a high consentration of people there will alway's be some nutter sitting in the wings. Then to top it all everyone out there loves gun's. They are so readily available! Why?

Then Bush turn's around and say's the student's were at the 'wrong place at the wrong time!' Forgive me for thinking this, but where were they meant to be then?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Well he talks about being abused and all..
by whom?
peers? parents?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I do feel that the footage should not have been shown on TV. Its too soon and I don't think it should of been showed at all.

I turned it over when it firsted appeared on British TV, its disturbing

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Well he talks about being abused and all..
by whom?
peers? parents?

It seems like at least some of the people who he killed, were according to him, the cause of his frustration.
This would mean he was bullied or teased by some of the students that he killed.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Also, Is there any way 'Ismail Ax' is an anagram?

Appearently it's "Ax Ismail". The big debate of it's source and mean to him now has started.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Appearently it's "Ax Ismail". The big debate of it's source and mean to him now has started.

Lots of theories are appearing on the internet, but the main one is a religious element

In the Islamic account of Abraham Ismail (Hebrew: Ishmael) is the son of Abraham and the ancestor of the Arab people.

www.carlschaad.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Religion....
Except for the comparisons to Jesus, I don't see any religious elements in his tirades.

I was thinking about the bullying motive, and was wondering...
What if he was bullied into misery by the upperclass kids, and this tragedy was some kind of revenge?
Do you think that would make it more understandable?

Of course what he did is not excusable in any way, but it seems to me that bullying can bring otherwise "normal" people to extremes...

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Jakko]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but his family wouldn't be exactly living on welfare would they?
Or how could he afford to go to an american university?
I've heard it's pretty expensive?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
What if he was bullied into misery by the upperclass kids, and this tragedy was some kind of revenge?

Not knowing all the details on all the 'mass killings' that have occurred in the world, but I would agree that in this case as well as most of the others, ( Columbine in particular ) that bullying in some form or another resulted in the many tragedies.

Whats really scary, is if you count up all the Uni/colleges in the USA it is well over 1000 different institutions, not including many of the too small to mention ones.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper

Originally posted by Jakko

Not knowing all the details on all the 'mass killings' that have occurred in the world, but I would agree that in this case as well as most of the others, ( Columbine in particular ) that bullying in some form or another resulted in the many tragedies.

Whats really scary, is if you count up all the Uni/colleges in the USA it is well over 1000 different institutions, not including many of the too small to mention ones.
This is what i was getting at. These places are far too big for people to get lost in, emotionally and even pysically. It probrobly would take about 3 day's to walk from one side to the other. If they were a bit smaller there would probrobly be more sense of community and understanding.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join