It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VaTech Gunman Contacted NBC News During Massacre

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
We need to see the manifesto and videos, unedited. Anyone who gets their hands on it, please post it here.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdp333

.....But he mailed the video to NBC BEFORE going on the spree. His identity was going to be revealed anyway regardless of whether he killed himself or not. The gun number filing just doesn't fit somehow.........

He had possession of those guns for at least 30 days before the shooting, thats time enough to change the plan a couple times.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
He could of been forced to go through a court hearing and stay in a hospital for a few months till he got well.

They keep saying on the news they couldn't force someone. That is NOT TRUE. You can take them to a hearing. Prove that they are not stable and need help. They had his writings. Thats all they needed.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by Shar]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Here are some pics he took of himself and mailed out to NBC. not sure if they have been posted yet but here they are anyway.

Pretty disturbing.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Doh! There they are, right there. If only I had clicked on the link first

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Was watching CNN and the picture of him in his car came up, and they said something along the lines of "if they find the car, it may be a key piece of evidence." Does anyone know of they ever found his car? That would no doubt contain the biggest pieces of evidence indicating that he wanted to continue elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
He could of been forced to go through a court hearing and stay in a hospital for a few months till he got well.

If that was so and if he would have been found insane, and the authorities decided to search his home they would have found the guns with or without the serial numbers, and if the authorities would have found the guns in his house, then there is no need for serial numbers, the police would have known they belonged to him.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I am just guessing here but I think from his appearance he did that video after the first killing, he looked like he was in the driver's seat so if it was his vehicle, I am sure the police already have it in custody.

He looked "out of it" then you see a pic of him in the car with an evil smile, like he had figured out what he was going to do. IMO

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Oh, Jesus. I read this article about five minutes before posting on ATS and came to see if anyone had posted on this, yet. The whole time that I was reading it, I couldn't help but think that there is something fishy going on here.

I know why someone would send a package like this, but my first thought was, "the first thing he does before slaughtering 30 people in a classroom is sends a package to a primetime news television show? That doesn't make sense". I can't wait to see the "you heard it here first" campaign.

The second thing that I noticed was how he was wearing military clothing.

Shar said, "You know, isn't this what terrorist's do?". That's one of the things crossing my mind and the news media is the ultimate terrorist. They would love to show you photo's and video's of mad men that spread fear into our hearts.

NBC news is working with the police. Right, to cover something up. Remember, the police hid behind tree's the whole time that the shooting occured. At no time did the shooter aim towards them. By the time they got in the building, he was already dead.

DVD video's made in quicktime file's, .PDF file's and images. This package was made internet friendly, wasn't it? This way they could air it on the news and the internet.

Apparently, the killer had trouble with the address to NBC studio's and that's why it arrived so late. Sounds like they were covering their ass.

He looks sort of calm while he's reading what he wrote to the camera. He doesn't sound like someone who was truly hurt by society. You'd think he'd be yelling and throwing a temper tantrum. The fact that he's so calm during all of this (the shootings, the recordings, etc) seems more like he's just playing a part in something.

For a guy that has no military background and no hands-on training (that we know of), I've got to wonder why his shooting was so accurate.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The fact that he's so calm during all of this (the shootings, the recordings, etc) seems more like he's just playing a part in something.

The Columbine kids were not yelling /that much/.... Also about the cops hiding, I'm sure you wouldnt just rush in there while gun shots were going off whether or not they were aimed at you.... They probably had a general idea were he was put if he was by the door and the cops bust in it doesnt take much to turn around and start capping the police

And I really have no explanation for the wrong nbc address as he should of gotten off of the internet, but hey there's always mistakes?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I don't understand the fascination here. The media should not show anything I think. I know some have an insatiable appetite for gruesome details and I also realize that its just the way people are these days but get over it. Providing this crap will just be fodder for the next guy who comes along. The media should downplay anything here but of course the other morons need their fix too I guess.

brill

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
the Ishmael reference is very interesting to me. I dont think it is Moby Dick, but as I recall there is a book about mankind titled Ishmael. It is about a gorilla named Ishmael that carries on dialogues pertaining to mankind, but looks at them in a different way.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyde70
Oh, Jesus. I read this article about five minutes before posting on ATS and came to see if anyone had posted on this, yet. The whole time that I was reading it, I couldn't help but think that there is something fishy going on here.

I know why someone would send a package like this, but my first thought was, "the first thing he does before slaughtering 30 people in a classroom is sends a package to a primetime news television show? That doesn't make sense". I can't wait to see the "you heard it here first" campaign.

The second thing that I noticed was how he was wearing military clothing.

Shar said, "You know, isn't this what terrorist's do?". That's one of the things crossing my mind and the news media is the ultimate terrorist. They would love to show you photo's and video's of mad men that spread fear into our hearts.

NBC news is working with the police. Right, to cover something up. Remember, the police hid behind tree's the whole time that the shooting occured. At no time did the shooter aim towards them. By the time they got in the building, he was already dead.

DVD video's made in quicktime file's, .PDF file's and images. This package was made internet friendly, wasn't it? This way they could air it on the news and the internet.

Apparently, the killer had trouble with the address to NBC studio's and that's why it arrived so late. Sounds like they were covering their ass.

He looks sort of calm while he's reading what he wrote to the camera. He doesn't sound like someone who was truly hurt by society. You'd think he'd be yelling and throwing a temper tantrum. The fact that he's so calm during all of this (the shootings, the recordings, etc) seems more like he's just playing a part in something.

For a guy that has no military background and no hands-on training (that we know of), I've got to wonder why his shooting was so accurate.

dude if you truly believe that there is some conspiracy here, go seek help quickly

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

The fact that he's so calm during all of this (the shootings, the recordings, etc) seems more like he's just playing a part in something.

My theory once again is he made a few of those ranting gangsta videos earlier, and he was a loner with no friends, he kept watching himself in those self made vids and empowered himself through viewing himself to commit and justify this crime....in his own lonely, shut off, warped mind.

[edit on 2007/4/18 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Yahoo has the video right now. He is certainly angry, thats for sure. Chilling!

[edit on 18-4-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Totality

I know why someone would send a package like this, but my first thought was...

dude if you truly believe that there is some conspiracy here, go seek help quickly

Well, not necessarily a conspiracy, but something just damn odd. Of all the mass killers up to now, did any opt for the full multimedia rant? And of course, even if not a conspiracy, should we begin to ask the ever key question of "Qui bono?" If the answer is "no one", then definitely no conspiracy.

Does anyone have concern about the volume of chatter around how this could of been pre-empted? For example, checking the feds database of everyone who is on anti-depressants, cross referencing with prior complaints, noting that as his credit card purchased two guns, then hauling him in and locking him up before he acted based on, what exactly? Certainly the dreaded total information awareness and sufficient analysis by law enforcement may have been able to pre-empt this, but would that necessarily be an overall good thing when compared to the loss of privacy and freedom that would be required?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Didn't the media state that lots of the victims were shot multiple times. I hear some arm and leg wounds. He may not have been that accurate of a shot, he just fired multiple times at each person.

Guess once he sent the package, he had to be committed to the crime.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Hyde, that fact makes me wonder if there there is some fishy going on. I just wanted you to know that you're not alone in your thinking.

It kind of has a "Lee Harvey Oswald" feeling to it.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Muaddib,

If that was so and if he would have been found insane, and the authorities decided to search his home they would have found the guns with or without the serial numbers, and if the authorities would have found the guns in his house, then there is no need for serial numbers, the police would have known they belonged to him.

What does the guns serial numbers have to do with the school or parents taking this kid to a ''mental hygene hearing" with his writings and having him committed prior to any of this. What I am saying is they dropped the ball on this kid. He needed alot of help and did not get it. However, I am not taking up for him or his actions. He had NO RIGHT TO TAKE THESE PEOPLES LIVES!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Thanks i just read that and came back to edit my post..... SORRY FOR TAKING UP SPACE

Edited- Wrong info... sorry guys n Gurls

[edit on 18-4-2007 by Sad Lil Alex]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join