It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sylvia Browne...Yes?...No?...Maybe So

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I've heard people believe every word she says and others down her before you can repeat her name. She is a phsycic who has writen 40 somthin books and is on the montel show every wendsday.

what do you think about her?

here are some sites

www.sylvia.org...

STOP SYLVIA BROWNE!!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
She's Personna non grata on the Coast to Coast show because of the lies, so i guess we'll just have to watch MONtel Williams to see what she has to say for free without paying $$$$$ to find out stuff.

She's a fraud. IMO, of course.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
There have been a bunch of threads about her already here.

It always comes down to this .... FRAUD.

edited once for spelling

[edit on 4/9/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
To be honest, I don't know if the lady is a fraud or not. People keep throwing this whole issue up about her missing the "live" miners... or whatever.. I don't know.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
she is an arrogant money hungry fraud. Look at her yearly predictions, she has about a 20% success rate. Thats practically just guessing everything. She is a great cold reader, she basically just feeds on the information that her victim is giving her.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Here are some good links about her.

Agreed she is a fraud.

www.stopsylviabrowne.com...

myweb.tiscali.co.uk...

LMAO at those nails!!!!!

[edit on 4/9/2007 by MauiStacey]

[edit on 4/9/2007 by MauiStacey]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm not sure if see is a fraud or not. I have read alot of her books and agree with some of her beliefs.

I guess I believe that any one who tries to profit off of their psychic abilities is a fraud.

She is based in the same city I live in. I wrote to her telling her that I have proof that I'm a psychic and I was curious about some of her experiences that she wrote about in her books. They are the same as mine.

I got a response from her secretary saying that I would have to pay $1000.00 dollars to be invited to a group meeting just to ask one question.

The meeting would be for an hour and there would be about fifteen people there. Damb! Pretty good scam! 20 thousand dollars a week for a few hours of work!

If she is psychic, she is abusing the abilities and taking advantage of peoples vulnerabilities in trying to find some true answers in a very weird but non-threatning situation.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Modemizer

I got a response from her secretary saying that I would have to pay $1000.00 dollars to be invited to a group meeting just to ask one question.

Yeah... Sounds like a money grab to me. I wonder how much Montel pays her to be on his show every week.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure, she goes on the show for fee. It's free advertisement for her. That's how she got popular in the first place.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I agree, she sounds like a fake. However, her subjects about God and spirituality is pretty interesting.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Modemizer
I'm not sure if see is a fraud or not. I have read alot of her books and agree with some of her beliefs.

Agreeing with her beliefs is a different subject.

Seeing her for the fraud that she is when it comes to 'psychic abilities' is another.

She gets everything wrong. Seriously.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I use to believe her (i wasnt die hard, donate to her cause or anything) until she said on Montell's show that Michael jackson would be found guilty. Well we all know what happened, so i scratched her off my list of some-what believable psychics.

[edit on 4/9/2007 by ImpliedChaos]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
However, her subjects about God and spirituality is pretty interesting.

Some of her views I wholeheartedly agree with. However, as a psychic, I don't know how well she pans outs.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Does everyone remember the recent story of that boy who was kidnapped and was found a couple weeks later in the same home as another boy who was kidnapped 4 years ago? Sorry that I don't remember the particular details. But if you're an American then you certainly know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, there's a video of Sylvia Brown on the Montel Williams show telling the parents of the boy that was kidnapped 4 years ago, with certainty, that he was DEAD. She also described the man who took her son and it was completely different from the man who actually did end up taking him.

After the show, the parents were told that they would have to pay a bunch of money if they wanted to have further discussion with her. Her rate was rediculous. The fact that she takes advantage of people such as the parents of a missing boy is just pathetic- whether she is the real deal or not. Someone who is actually blessed with the gift of psychic ability should know that it is a gift to be used for GOOD and not for personal profit. A good person who truly believes that they have the gift often volunteer their time and efforts to aid law enforcement in investigations as well as families in the search for missing relatives. And they don't charge thousands of dollars to do it.

In one of the videos that was linked off of a Sylvia Brown thread on ATS, there was a college professor (I believe) who has a standing offer for all psychics. If you come and pass his tests and prove that you are truly psychic then he will give you ONE MILLION DOLLARS. So far Sylvia Brown has declined to take part, although I believe she may have originally said she would do it. If I were her and I were the real deal then I would try taking this guy's "test" and then donate the million dollars to charity. That would go a long way towards proving herself and mending her reputation among non-believers.

I will admit that when I first saw her on the Montel Williams Show that I was hooked. I genuinely believed her and I made sure to watch his show everytime I saw that she was going to be on. But after a while the way she talked to people really turned me off. She comes across as very mean, bitter and as though she doesn't care about the people she is "reading". She doesn't make the slightest effort to sugarcoat anything when telling someone that they have a terminal disease and are going to die soon, or that a relative suffered a horrible death, or that they'll never give birth, etc, etc.

I genuinely do believe that some people have psychic powers. I would even venture to say that Sylvia Brown does in fact have some psychic ability. But I think that it doesn't work as well or as often as she would have you believe. And rather than admit that she isn't seeing anything at certain times, she will just try to make things up. That is a con artist in my book. And if she truly is a fraud and she does make up the things that she tells people then I really hope that Karma is a real thing and that she gets what's coming to her. She has made many people BELIEVE the worst and give up hope only to find out eventually that what she told them wasn't even true. The more I think about it the more I think that she should probably be locked up for taking desperate people's money and not even providing them with any accurate information.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I believe that when people who are psychically gifted start to exploit their abilities for profit (that is, over and above just keeping the wolf from the door) then those gifts are taken from them. Consequently, although they may have started off genuine, they end up making it all up to keep keep going. They are being tested and have failed, and presumably don't even realise it. Such gifts are given for helping others, not for exploiting them.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
She is a huge fraud. I think if you actually watch any of her appearances on montell than its pretty clear she just makes up whatever she wants on the spot depending on how the person will take it. Some of the stuff she makes up is just outragous as well. She as well as a couple other so called pyschics just disgust me.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
She's a WITCH burn her....burn the witch....

One has to wonder if the excessive hatred directed at Sylvia Browne has anything to do with the entrenched secondary status of female authority.

Always entertaining, compassionate gnostic type spiritual message. She doesn't force anyone to give her money and if people have it to spend....
Anyone who's lost a child should expect to take psychic advice with a grain of salt. Everyone learns that sooner or later. Nice if it works, sad if the disappointment is increased by a bill.

They're only human. What a great deal of bile is easily frothed up for her when others are left to propagate whatever nonsense they like without criticism.

She does pro bono work for the police. That's not a double entendre.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearwater

Always entertaining, compassionate gnostic type spiritual message. She doesn't force anyone to give her money and if people have it to spend....
Anyone who's lost a child should expect to take psychic advice with a grain of salt. Everyone learns that sooner or later. Nice if it works, sad if the disappointment is increased by a bill.

It would be one thing if all she did was lie to people about how their grandmother loves them and forgives them from beyond the grave.

I personally feel that it is another issue and that she IS in fact hurting people by lying to them about their children being dead and to look for a completely wrong person/suspect.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
There have been a bunch of threads about her already here.

It always comes down to this .... FRAUD.

edited once for spelling

[edit on 4/9/2007 by FlyersFan]
I agree. There is compelling information on the Stop Sylvia Brown website that she has been unable to legally refute. I suggest everyone read it.

[edit on 4/9/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
That's a good point stfspam, but was she lying or mistaken? I'm more inclined to think she made an honest attempt and believes in what she is doing. Why aren't the parents directed to take any responsibility for the weight they gave her pronouncement. Was it the price tag? People generally believe their getting better quality when they pay more for something, but that is not true. That is also a lie. Who shall take responsibility for the ability to recognize quality in an item or psychic aside from the price. Buyer beware.

She does not tell people we are being farmed for intelligent machinery or that she is in a unique position to redefine good and evil. She does not invite government psychics and agents to her home to meet with Grays and then rationalize the damage done to them on the basis of a subjective moral judgment. But you will not hear any criticism of those things on Coast to Coast. Nor any implication that there might be deception involved.
(read cabin thread, unknown country, February 17, 2007 - 12:53 am: Whitley Stieber post 150 )

By comparison she is quite innocuous and caveat emptor most certainly applies to both cases.

Personally, I would trust her much sooner than a man who makes such horrendous claims at the expense of his fellow humans.

[edit on 9-4-2007 by clearwater]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join