It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Opens 2 Plants at Bushehr Nuclear Reactor - Ready to Receive Fuel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Iran Opens 2 Plants at Bushehr Nuclear Reactor - Ready to Receive Fuel

www.foxnews.com

The official Islamic Republic News Agency reported that First Vice President Parviz Davoodi performed the ceremonial launch of a 400-kilowatt power station at Bushehr and a water purification and cooling system.

"This indicates our determination to build and improve power plants," the report quoted Davoodi as saying. "The plant enjoys high-standard safety measures and is ready to receive fuel."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/3/2007 by Gools]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Two other related developments:

Prime Minister Tony Blair has indicated that the stand-off with the Iranians is at a "critical stage" over the next 48 hours (link).

Secondly the Iranians are claiming that Russia's continued delay in delivering fuel is a legitimate justification for Iran to make it's own nuclear fuel (link).

The Bushehr Nuclear Reactor is apparently 92% complete and:

A Russian delegation will visit Tehran this week to resolve problems holding up the completion of Iran's first nuclear power plant, a top Iranian atomic official said on Tuesday.

The completion of the Bushehr nuclear power plant being built by Russia and the delivery of nuclear fuel -- scheduled for this year -- have been repeatedly delayed amid mutual accusations of financial problems.

"In the next two or three days the Russians will come to Tehran to sign an agreement to solve the financial problems of Atomstroiexport," the Russian firm building the plant, said Gholam Reza Aghazadeh. - source

[edit on 4/3/2007 by Gools]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Related development to a point I raised: BREAKING Iran to Release 15 UK Sailors/Marines

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Secondly the Iranians are claiming that Russia's continued delay in delivering fuel is a legitimate justification for Iran to make it's own nuclear fuel (link).

i totaly agree with them on that
i dont see why they should be dependent on others for fuel when they have the resources to make their own fuels.

in the long run russia will have less leverage with Iran when it comes to the fuel like russia does with europe and the gas it provides

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Anyone else find it funny that the plant is named Bushehr?

I do also agree that it's good for them to run on their own power source. Sure they have tons and tons of oil, just as the US has tons and tons of coal, but would you really want to run your car on coal?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Here is a new story from CBS on the Iran nuclear program, posting FYI

Where Is Iran's Nuclear Program?

(CBS) By Sheila MacVicar with Farhan Bokhari in Islamabad and David Martin in Washington. Additional information from the Assosicated Press.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad issued a warning on Wednesday to major world powers, saying they could not deprive Iran of its right to nuclear technology by issuing U.N. resolutions.

But the President refused to say what new progress Iran had made in its efforts to master nuclear technology and uranium enrichment, telling a news conference in Teheran "you will have good news soon, God willing."

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I really don't think that Iran is mature enough to be able to handle the responsibility of going nuclear.
Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I really don't think that Iran is mature enough to be able to handle the responsibility of going nuclear.
Just my opinion.

And I think that the Bush administration and Oreilly aren't mature enough to have the positions they have. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Iran is a signature in the NPT - something that Israel is not.

so they can develop this for peacefull means.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
Just my opinion.

Interesting that you may said this, when the middle east is suppouse to be the cradle of civilization and from where the roots of humanity sprouted as per bible believes.

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Anyone else find it funny that the plant is named Bushehr?

I do, I think is hilarious, any change that it could be for double meaning?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
Just my opinion.

Despicable...coming from an Australian.
Just my oppinion.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
What does being Australian have to do with my opinion?
Just a question.

If you think its despicable, that's fine. We all have our own opinions.
But I don't see how ones nationality should make an opinion descpicable.
Would it be less descpicable if I was say, Spanish, in your view?

If you think that someone thinking Iran is too immature to have responsibility of nuclear power is incorrect or ill informed fine, but how is this view descpicable?

new topics

top topics

join