It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Paves Way for Martial Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I came across this article from a website that I visit frequently. It discusses the possibility of Martial Law being instituted in the US sometime in the near future. It also discusses the military's past and possible future deployment inside our borders for the purpose of "security", riot or crowd control.

“Gen. Tommy Franks says that if the United States is hit with a weapon of mass destruction that inflicts large casualties, the Constitution will likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government.”

In October 2006, Bush signed into law the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007. Quietly slipped into the law at the last minute, at the request of the Bush administration, were sections changing important legal principles, dating back 200 years, which limit the U.S. government’s ability to use the military to intervene in domestic affairs. These changes would allow Bush, whenever he thinks it necessary, to institute martial law—under which the military takes direct control over civilian administration.

Read the rest of the story here!

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Hasn't the US military/security departments always had the means to do just about anything they wished, domestic or foreign?

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

“Gen. Tommy Franks says that if the United States is hit with a weapon of mass destruction that inflicts large casualties, the Constitution will likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government.”

Probably the scariest statement I've heard out this administration.

If they ever put into effect a military government, Im still hoping there is enough passion in our apathetic society to fight for our freedom.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
To add increased worry about the possibility of Martial Law being declared, of which I feel is highly doubtful, because I feel there's plenty of freedom loving American citizens that would stand tall...

The USARNORTH is already in place and fully functional.

H.R. 5122 authorizes the President to employ the United States Armed Forces (in a nutshell) for whatever incident he may determine fit. At the same time, the USARNORTH was being formed by the US Military. Those two issues, unconstitutional as they may be, are in fact just a couple steps in the formation of the North American Union (of which obviously is going to be made by force, since the general populous won't agree to it willingly) and the allowance of declaring martial law on the United States of America.

Along with all other Bills and Resolutions, the formation and allowance of this "Army" has nothing to do with anything other than the North American "Community" (as the Council on Foreign Relations depicts is to be), and don't take my word for it, look at their "mission statement".

Mission
USARNORTH conducts Homeland Defense (HLD) and Civil Support (CS) operations, and Theater Security Cooperation (TSC) activities, as the Army Service Component Command (ASCC) to U.S. Northern Command in order to protect the American people and their way of life. On order, USARNORTH commands and controls deployed forces as a Joint Task Force (JTF) or Joint Force Land Component Command (JFLCC).
source

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
When I was in La as a claims adjuster for insurance companies after Katrina hit New Orleans, it was as close to Martial Law as it can get without actually declaring it. (i dont think it was ever declared)
There were curfews and military road blocks, if you werent out of the city by a certain time then you were stuck there until 6 am the following day. You also had the military AND the mercenaries from Blackwater actually entering homes to confiscate peoples weapons.
I think this was a test, a kind of dry run to see how people would respond to being forced to stay in a city and Rita provided them the opportunity to see how people would respond to being forced to stay OUT of a city.
When I was in Abbeville La the day after Rita hit, I went driving around. I came to a stop sign that had a soldier next to it. I got a photo of him slapping his loaded clip into his M16. The guy looking at me told the soldier what i did and the soldier started yelling at me, saying I couldnt take pictures etc.. Here is the image

I guess i could be wrong but those few months that I spent in SW La and SE Tx felt exactly like I was living in a police state, i guess. Having never lived in a police state, I can only guess thats what it was like. I am just not used to seeing armed federal soldiers patrollng our streets and conducting law enforcement. It was very strange and scary at the same time.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
I think this was a test, a kind of dry run to see how people would respond to being forced to stay in a city and Rita provided them the opportunity to see how people would respond to being forced to stay OUT of a city.

I think you are spot on about that conclusion.
It was just another exercise for the psy-ops agents to get raw data on how people would react to martial law on a smaller scale, just like lab rats.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charles Lee

If they ever put into effect a military government, Im still hoping there is enough passion in our apathetic society to fight for our freedom.

If put into this situation, I would say that more than 50% of America would submit and do whatever they say. Liberal America is busy preaching how evil firearms are and how they should be illegal. A lot of people are scared of firearms and having a military presence in your city would only heighten this fear they have.

Especially in the large cities, it would be like taking candy from a baby. As long as you keep the TV's going so people can watch their "reality" shows everything will be fine. Nobody will have the passion to fight and all that are willing to fight will be called extremists and terrorists.

It will happen, it is just a matter of time. Will you be ready?

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Testing them? Heck yes. It reminds me of something George Orwell wrote:
"Mr.Winston, one day they will come for you too, and you will be unable to do anything. You will sit there stunned and be unable to run or fight, and only able to accept the inevitable."

That was from the book 1984 where Orwell outlines what the world would look like under a police state and martial law. If anyone there had a brain they were not using it. I for one, even knowing I would have a slim chance of survival if I did a frontal type battle would still fight my way out of there. No way in HECK would I sit by while blackwater and the Marines/Army/National Guard strip my neighbors of their guns and work their way to my place. If anything I would rig the place to blow up and get out with my equipment so there would be a nice suprise for them when they busted in.
Our hope lies in that OTHER 50% that WILL fight back, THEY are the ones who will make a difference or let it all come to pass. What sickens me is those who say they would rather die than kill someone or fight back. They make me sick. None the less, when the tanks roll down your street and you do not believe in submission, GET OUT! Grab what you can and sneak out as best you can. Also it helps to make sure you have your stuff WELL hidden.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Testing them? Heck yes. It reminds me of something George Orwell wrote:
"Mr.Winston, one day they will come for you too, and you will be unable to do anything. You will sit there stunned and be unable to run or fight, and only able to accept the inevitable."

That was from the book 1984 where Orwell outlines what the world would look like under a police state and martial law. If anyone there had a brain they were not using it. I for one, even knowing I would have a slim chance of survival if I did a frontal type battle would still fight my way out of there. No way in HECK would I sit by while blackwater and the Marines/Army/National Guard strip my neighbors of their guns and work their way to my place. If anything I would rig the place to blow up and get out with my equipment so there would be a nice suprise for them when they busted in.
Our hope lies in that OTHER 50% that WILL fight back, THEY are the ones who will make a difference or let it all come to pass. What sickens me is those who say they would rather die than kill someone or fight back. They make me sick. None the less, when the tanks roll down your street and you do not believe in submission, GET OUT! Grab what you can and sneak out as best you can. Also it helps to make sure you have your stuff WELL hidden.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Dunno?, but seems to me the Patriot Act's a form of Marshal Law and it's already around.
GWB's a scary guy doing scary things, I'd think the Congressional change effective this last Jan was something that may help keep his ideas in some sort of check.
NWO = Big Business Brass, BBB = Probable Presidential Picks.
NWO, BBB and PPP = World Control sooner or later. Follow election funds back from the winner of the last two US Presidential elections. What corps were the very big donators and what did they have to gain?

Dallas

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrepareForTheWorst
If put into this situation, I would say that more than 50% of America would submit and do whatever they say.

Thats an understatement... no offense...

85% sounds more realistic. I look at about 96% (thats my guess)
For those who decides to fight for their freedom... where will you go? If the military decides to go on a manhunt for people who is considered as terrorists... they will find you (unfortunately). They have everything they need to find you like satellites, border control, radar (if you plan to leave via ship or aircraft), etc. and thanks for the modern biometric-IDs and SS#s, it'll be even harder hide/get out.

The only way is to get out of the country... and with a high probability, they will tell every neighboring country of all the (suspected) terrorist cells/criminals/whatever they want to call it, of their possible arrival and they will keep a look out for them.

That is a risk, few (or almost no-one) will take.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well then lets all just sit on our hands and let them burry their boot up our rear ends and try and smile while they do it. You know, for all those satellites they have and all the "technology" they have. It has done JACK SQUAT in the real world. Why? Are you going to sit still for 10 hours so a satellite can pass overhead and take a group picture of you and your friends? Most are for COMMUNICATIONS not immaging.
Anyway, which would you rather do? Fight and die honorably, or let the dark winds come to pass and consume the world? If I was given this choice: death while fighting them (no matter how horrific a death) or just letting them be and allow them to take over, I would take the first and fight. Why? It is in my blood, it is what I was TAUGHT TO DO, I agree with what I was taught: When you find something worth fighting for: FIGHT FOR IT! SCREW THE CONCEQUENCES! FIGHT FOR IT! I for one am SICK of those who would rather sit by and do nothing. They are one of the main reasons for why this BS happens. They twiddle their thumbs and go "oh well too late, just accept it! Dont worry! Be happy!" and that makes me SICK AT MY STOMACH! The world has no room for people like that and never has. Why? The smartest and wisest leaders WIPED THEM OFF THE FACE OF THE PLANET when given half a chance because they KNEW they would not fight back and would be easily dispatched. The Tibetans were one example and they paid DEARLY for it.
If your going to fight then FIGHT! If your going to run like a cowardly rat then get out of my sight! If your going to buckle and eat the (self censored) they put of their rears for you to eat and accept the world for what it is and do NOTHING about it then just crawl into your hole and DIE!
This is no time for COWARDS! This is no time for boot licking! This is no time sitting by and doing nothing! This is a time for FIGHTING! Should we not fight then this world will never know peace and will only know GENOCIDE AND RAPE! So take your pick kids, you have one shot and one shot only at this! Fight and maybe loose but die knowing you did what was right, or hide and allow them to simply take over without question or resistance.
You know, for a bunch of "weakling rebels" the media would have portrayed, the gurilla fighters are certainly doing a number on them. Despite the EXTREME technilogical problems they face and the fact they have to fight in THE OPEN! Also the military training never helped the Batista army in Cuba, nor the Mexican Commandos in the Chiapas against the Zapatistas. Let alone slow down the Columbians or anyone else in the world. I would say our chances are FAR HIGHER than anyone would like to admit so long as you NEVER fight them with their rules and when they want.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_unraveller

Thats an understatement... no offense...

85% sounds more realistic. I look at about 96% (thats my guess)
For those who decides to fight for their freedom... where will you go? If the military decides to go on a manhunt for people who is considered as terrorists... they will find you (unfortunately). They have everything they need to find you like satellites, border control, radar (if you plan to leave via ship or aircraft), etc. and thanks for the modern biometric-IDs and SS#s, it'll be even harder hide/get out.

The only way is to get out of the country... and with a high probability, they will tell every neighboring country of all the (suspected) terrorist cells/criminals/whatever they want to call it, of their possible arrival and they will keep a look out for them.

That is a risk, few (or almost no-one) will take.

No offense taken as I low-balled it on purpose. I agree, it will more than likely be around 90% that will sit and eat whatever the government feeds them.

The good news for me is that they will not find me very easily. According to any maps or GPS, the place I live does not exist. It is the people who live in cities that are going to fare the worst. The trick will be to actually get out alive.

For me, there will be no leaving. I have the means to support myself and survive for months without even setting foot off of my property. With hunting and gathering...years.

I would suggest to all that read this:

-If you have a family, make plans for getting the heck out of wherever you live. Set a meeting point in case you are separated.

-Know that you will have a curfew under martial law, find ways to work around it.

-Purchase protection if you don't have it already and train yourself and family how to use it. Even something as simple as a .22LR Rifle is better than nothing. The ammo is cheap as hell and it can be used for small game hunting.

-Invest in some decent backpacks/rucksacks for you and your family. Buy some surplus MRE's for food on the run. They have enough calories in them so that you can eat one a day and be good to go.

-Get in shape. The people chasing you are going to be trained and WILL get you if you cannot outrun them. I am not saying you have to look like a body builder, just get your cardio in order.

-Get some surplus military camo. You don't want to be running through the woods with jeans and a polo shirt. You can buy different patterns so adjust to your climate.

I could go on forever but I will not. There is a wealth of info online and here in these forums. Get your **** together now or you will definitely regret it later.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
Whe
There were curfews and military road blocks, if you werent out of the city by a certain time then you were stuck there until 6 am the following day. You also had the military AND the mercenaries from Blackwater actually entering homes to confiscate peoples weapons.
I started a thread on this awhile ago but it did not go no ware
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Can't forget continuity of government drills. Marial Law is inevitable.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Slayerfan:
I am betting the reason people ignore certain posts anymore is because the hardcore bu#es who chant "dont worry be happy" about EVERY DARN THING (Excluding what the government says for them to have a heart attack over) annoy people so much they just say "screw it." I took one look at your post and saw the first comment and thought "Yeah right, not going to bother with that kid, he does this on EVERY thread." Which is basically spew the same old garbage the government puts out. Kind of deters people no?

Ah martial law, I say lets get it over with. If they want an absolute police state and martial law then DO IT AND LETS GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! If the outcome is so inevitable it wont matter right? Or is it because they KNOW they will lose HANDS DOWN if they try it right now? That means we do stand a chance huh?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Actually the question will be where will the muck hit the fan? I mean, if it will take a large diseaster to make the president declare martial law, the question will be where will he strike and when? It will have to be here soon, as next year is an election year.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I looked at his other thread to and while I know for sure there were Blackwater Mercenaries because I met one of them. His dad was one of my insureds, whose claim I was adjusting after the hurricane.
He was pretty cool, he helped me measure the roof etc and BS'd with me a bit..
When I asked him what he did(he had a sig strapped to his belt) he came right out and told me he was Blackwater.
I said, ahh ok so youre a Mercenary Ive been hearing about, he said ya but we dont like to be called that

Anyway, I know we had Mexican troops in Louisiana as well, they were allowed in our country with weapons.
So why did La. need all these foreign troops and Mercenaries? because almost their entire National Guard was in Iraq or Afghanistan.
Ya see? that is how Bush gets away with breaking the law. Louisiana's Guard was gone and they needed help. So, even thought it is against the law to use Federal Troops as LE, it is for a good cause.
I do have to say this though, as much as i hate to give any credit to the Feds, it was NOT the feds fault that La went the way it went. I was there 1 day after Katrina hit and slept in my truck till i got an open hotel and Mayor Nagen and the Governor, forgot her name, did NOT want the feds there, they kept them out untill it was apparent that they were to damn stupid to manage it.
That is when the Feds and other States Guards came in, as well as the Mexicans.
Since I was in my truck a lot, i had plenty of time to listen to the ONE radio station that was on and it was a local tal station out of New Orleans.

join