It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK troops captured by Iran

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The female troop is to be released, all other diplomatic ties are now to be cut with Iran.

Troops to be shown on Iranian TV (one of the UK demands was not to parade them on television). Iran has broken this demand.

Prime Minister has declared this "illegal"

[edit on 28-3-2007 by infinite]

CX

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
More breaking news, links to come but can be viewed on the scrolling news on Sky News channel....

Britains ambassador is going to the UN security council regarding further sanctions relating to the 15 captured UK troops.

Also, Iran is stating that the "first phase of the investigation is compltete and the brits were definately inside Iranian waters".

Live on the telly now, brits have been shown on the Iranian telly.

Wonder what direction this will take now?

Edited to include link.....

Brits aired on Iranian tv

CX.

[edit on 28/3/07 by CX]

[edit on 28/3/07 by CX]

CX

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well i'm not sure who else is watching the female sailor talking on tv, but it is pretty obviously scripted, and you can see the strain on her face.

She says that they were arrested because they were in Iranian waters.

CX.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
They have shown pictures of them on TV, Faye giving her letter and the troops eating. She sounds really scared. So do all the troops who are eating.

By showing footage of the troops has caused outage. British wished for it not to happen. British government is not best pleased with this and Washington isn't happy either.

Washington believe that the female is being released because the men are going to be in this for a long time.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

News BBC

Leading Seaman Turney, 26, said they had been seized in the Gulf because "obviously we trespassed" in Iranian waters - something the UK disputes.

The video showed a letter, said to have been written by Leading Seaman Turney to her parents, in which she admitted that the navy personnel had "apparently" crossed into Iranian waters.

Apparently even the Seaman Turney admits they crossed into Iranian waters.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

You and me both know its common to be pressured into saying something when you've been captured.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

C'mon if you are going to enter into the debate at least be intellectually honest about the situation. While being held against her will, nothing she says may be taken as her true belief.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
You and me both know its common to be pressured into saying something when you've been captured.

You mean like the Super-Terrorist Khalid Sheikh Mohammed admitted he was responsible for the 9/11 operation, from A to Z, that he planned attacks on Big Ben and Heathrow airport in London, that he also admitted responsibility for a series of attacks, including the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center in New York, the bombing of nightclubs in Bali in 2002 and a Kenyan hotel? Kind of like that?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed[/url] admitted he was responsible for the 9/11 operation, from A to Z, that he planned attacks on Big Ben and Heathrow airport in London, that he also admitted responsibility for a series of attacks, including the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center in New York, the bombing of nightclubs in Bali in 2002 and a Kenyan hotel? Kind of like that?

You know this thread is about UK troops being captured by Iran not about Khalid Sheikh Mohammed

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The Other Side of the Story;

IRNA - Tehran: "They illegally entered Iranian territorial waters"

Iran confirmed Wednesday that the detention of 15 British marines and sailors took place last Friday after they had illegally entered Iranian territorial waters in the northern part of the Persian Gulf.

"Iran has already provided the geographical coordinates of the detention to the British government and has sufficient evidence, including GPS navigator systems, to indicate the penetration of British military personnel 0.5 km deep into Iranian waters," the embassy in London said.

"Violation of international border and their intrusive act justified their detention," it said in a written statement obtained by IRNA.

In a corresponding statement, Britain's deputy chief of defence staff, Vice Admiral Charles Style confirmed that his government had been given a second set of coordinates by Iran about the detentions that were in Iranian waters.

Now - which side has a broken GPS navigator?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well,
Iranian does have a history of taking people hostage

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Now - which side has a broken GPS navigator?

The iranians since there is picture proof of the ship being inside iraqi waters when it was captured. Was in the tabliods this morning (metro) could someone post it?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I agree Souljah, that is why I have been staying away from ATS and threads like this lately, that bring the war happy patriots salivating at the possibility of another war.

But I can not stop from posting this . . .

I find the circus and and whole ordeal propaganda of this British troops be held by Iran as nothing than another way to gain public support for the incoming devastation of another sovereign nation because the corrupted superpowers in our world.

I have been following the entire circus ordeal, this is nothing more than planned and the British soldiers were the bait.

US already have a bad reputation in the area, so US soldiers would not have looked too good captured and it will have been to obvious, British soldiers are more debatable for intentions and purposes.

GPS my butt, this all a big game played for the amusement of the British and US population to gain support and to finish what the profiteers of war wants from the middle east, because if US or UK doesn't do anything Israel will and we can not have the biggest resources in the middle east burn for decades in an end of time war or Armageddon.

This is how I see the whole situation and that is all I am going to say.

[edit on 29-3-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Your opinion is every bit as valid as the next man's, but I just don't see it. We/America tipped off the Revolutionary Guard in advance so they could get 6(?) warships there to capture them? Do you think this is what happened in 2004 as well?

No offense, but do you have ANYTHING that points to what you are saying? Rather than just an opinion (which again, is always welcome
) and a poor track record by some people in power?

What if the Iranians suddenly released them, or did that earlier this week? If those captured in 2004 were held for four days, then how can anyone say with conviction that Iran would hold them for longer without any kind of access and make this situation even more serious?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

GPS my butt, this all a big game played for the amusement of the British and US population to gain support and to finish what the profiteers of war wants from the middle east, because if US or UK doesn't do anything Israel will and we can not have the biggest resources in the middle east burn for decades in an end of time war or Armageddon.

[edit on 29-3-2007 by marg6043]

Marg, if you doubt they have the evidence would a picture do?
Like the this one?

news.bbc.co.uk...
Evidence you can see and look at, more so than the iranians have brought forth.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Iranians suddenly changed their mind when the British released proof of our claim. So how is it the British and US fault then?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Marg, if you doubt they have the evidence would a picture do?
Like the this one?

news.bbc.co.uk...
Evidence you can see and look at, more so than the iranians have brought forth.

Where is this from? I thought the Iranians confiscated all of the sailors GPS equipment? and wouldn't it be quite easy to forge something like this anyway?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The problem with all the propaganda is that I don’t bite into it, and I refuse to bite into it, we live in a one sided opinion world, base on the words of a the trigger happy president that said you are we us or against us.

I refused to be drawn into it, everything so far is nothing but propaganda, nobody wants to listen to the enemy side because they are the enemy .

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

The problem with all the propaganda is that I don’t bite into it, and I refuse to bite into it, we live in a one sided opinion world, base on the words of a the trigger happy president that said you are we us or against us.

But it should be that way.

Radical Countries should understand that you are with us or against us.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Great, now iranian mobs are calling for the hanging of the 15 sailors. i seriously doubt they would do this, for fear of major retributions.

Mob Calls For Execution

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join