It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Guys,

why dont we work on a major online petition for the 2008 presidential winner for a disclosure on UFOs

We could make it an global internet event, spreading the news at first through our contacts and then see if it takes off by itself, given that much sillyer things manage to i think we might have a chance...

Does anyone think it could be viable?

I think once the word is out it would attract intrest of some kind even among people that follow the UFO phenomena for a farther distance than we do....

Only a couple of pages of we site would be needed to start, one to explain and one for the petition, followed by the pages with the names ecc...

What do yo think?

Cheers

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by shasa

why dont we work on a major online petition for the 2008 presidential winner for a disclosure on UFOs

Hi Shasa,

You can read about numerous on-going, and past, petitions relating to disclosure in an article I wrote on UFO Updates a year or so ago, "Wheel Reinvention Within Ufology : A Case Study Relating To
Petitions"

In that article I commented as follows:

As far as I can see, _none_ of the websites for the petitions
listed below appear to refer to _any_ of the other on-going
petitions. Nor is there any explanation of why it was considered
necessary to launch a new petition rather than seek to encourage
people to support one or more of the on-going petitions.

It probably also goes without saying that _none_ of the websites
below appears to contain any reference to _any_ prior petition.
Nor do they seek to explain why the new petition would be more
effective than, or different from, any prior petition.

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

[edit on 17-3-2007 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
since we have a big and respected website, we could contact the other petitions and channel them all under ours....

maybe it could work and we could get the right exposure

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Internet petitions don't do squat...it's been tried and tried before, and you don't get the numbers that would make any difference, also, too easy to "fake" online petitions, so they aren't taken seriously.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

1e.) Recruitment Content: You will not post advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or solicitations of any kind. You will not collect personal information about forum members for the purpose of sending advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations through other means (email, U2U, messaging programs, etc.). Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

Mod Note: ATS And Activism – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Yes, I think Sensfan is right. Internet is so lose that many people don't belive half of what they see on it. Good idea I guess but maybe not online.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I wasn't aware of that section of the rules about petition. Thanks for reminding us.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Uh oh...looks like the Sheriff showed up shasa. Quick! Out the back door!

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by shasa
Guys,

We could make it an global internet event, spreading the news at first through our contacts and then see if it takes off by itself, given that much sillyer things manage to i think we might have a chance...

Does anyone think it could be viable?

I think once the word is out it would attract intrest of some kind even among people that follow the UFO phenomena for a farther distance than we do....

Only a couple of pages of we site would be needed to start, one to explain and one for the petition, followed by the pages with the names ecc...

What do yo think?

Cheers

A petition would be a good idea at first glance. However, do you really think that any Senators or Congressmen would take any notice? It would not be in the interest of "big business" to orchestrate disclosure and in America, "money talks"! Does the majority of the public have any interest in finding out the truth? Do any of the major newspapers, radio stations or television stations really have the courage to press for such a venture? All media relies on advertising to operate and I suspect that they would lose whole chunks of that advertising revenue if they backed such a petition with as much vigour as was required to make it successful. The "money people" have a vested interest in the technology obtained from UFO's and Aliens, in fact most of the "money people" are backing the U.S. Military and National Security Agencies in their clandestine agendas.
I suspect that most people would just say, "what's the point, nothing will get done". It's a bit like that here in the U.K. at present. The climate isn't right for a full investigation and total disclosure.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I agree, even if a petition were successful, Government's in various countries deny any knowledge of anything to do with E.T other than what they haven't all ready let out into the public domain under the FOIA, they would just carry on with the same story, whether it's true or not.

Im sure in time if there is anything sinister going on it will be revealed eventually.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
In Portugal, a petition (a real petition, not one of those online things) with enough signatures can be presented to the parliament and the parliament must discuss it.

Does the US have anything like that?

Not that I think that it would make any difference, if the government is hiding something then it would continue to hide it regardless of the petition, but at least it would be a good publicity.

[edit on 18/3/2007 by ArMaP]

new topics

top topics

join