It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will the emergence of aliens change your life?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Perhaps a more accurate question would be:

How will the emergence of aliens again change your life?

It's not clear to me that human contact with extraterrestrial life hasn't already happened.

Ironically enough, it may well be that the most profound answer to this question lies in our past, rather than in our future.

Where is the evidence that we have been affected from past visits?
Do you mean from the caveman era? Or more recently?

Or what makes you say that?

[edit on 15-3-2007 by thesneakiod]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Perhaps a more accurate question would be:

How will the emergence of aliens again change your life?

It's not clear to me that human contact with extraterrestrial life hasn't already happened.

Ironically enough, it may well be that the most profound answer to this question lies in our past, rather than in our future.

Where is the evidence that we have been affected from past visits?
Do you mean from the caveman era? Oe more recently?

Or what makes you say that?

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So observe, what have you done for humanity that the aliens have asked you to do?

Is it your job to come here on this forum where you know your views would get strong opinions either way? Instead of a more everyday chatroom where you would probably get laughed at?

It seems to me that all your posts have said the same thing for a while now. Can you honestly expect anything other than ridicule from most posters with amazing tales but little or nothing to show for it?

If the aliens have given you the job of being a liason, surely they would expect the people to want a bit of proof and offer some, no one likes a carrott dangler.

Prove us wrong observe.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Lex, Lex, Lex I'm sure you won't mind if you are out on ignore. Bye, bye, now

On ignore because you someone doesn't believe you and you failed to bring up the evidence that has been asked.

Nice.

Anyways, someone had stated that there wouldn't be mass panic if aliens were to all of a sudden show up. Someone has too much faith in people.

A person is smart, people are stupid.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

Originally posted by observe50
Lex, Lex, Lex I'm sure you won't mind if you are out on ignore. Bye, bye, now

On ignore because you someone doesn't believe you and you failed to bring up the evidence that has been asked.

Nice.

Anyways, someone had stated that there wouldn't be mass panic if aliens were to all of a sudden show up. Someone has too much faith in people.

A person is smart, people are stupid.

Shattered OUT...

People are stupid
I don't think you have given much thought to this subject! If they are brainwashed to think that either they don't exist or they are evil then blame the system not the people.

I have already stated this in a previous post! If I had not done enough research on this subject I would also believe the same BS. Humans and animals tend to fear the unknown and more powerful. This is extremely natural in every sense!

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I don't really want anything from them, just friendship.
I couldent imagine anything better than walking down the street with an alien.
I guess it comes down to the sense of friendship and unity, anyway, thats why i want them to come here.
I suppose the walking down the street bit is a bit 'out there'
But you get the picture, unity.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Same as when europeans found america, but without reproducing the same mistakes, we can learn from our mistakes right?

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Ok my turn !!!
I beleive that Earth is being monitored under the terms of a Prime Directive, ie non interference policy. Sure there is good and bad and i suspect that there are entities out there who do breach the Prime Directive for their own ends ie i am thinking of cattle muiltlations and human abductions. But we have yet to see an ailen presecence on a global scale that Governments have not covered up, hence my theory of Earth being a Prime Directive "hands off" planet.
I beleive when they do show it will when we reach a stage of technology ie development of fusion power or some other exotic discovery or even an advance like putting a permanent base on the Moon or sending humans to mars that will trigger a global ET appearence. I reckon it will be a time when ET says we have reached a certain stage in our development and will tell us to either advance peacefully or face being restricted to Earth, as ET will not want us spreading our warlike ways throughout the universe !!
How will it affect us. Well the world will come to a standstill for the first week i reckon, certaintly for the first 48 hours, as everyone decides to stay at home and not bother going into work as they will naturally want to remain with their families at such a momentous time (which i why i hope Contact Day will be declared a global holiday as i really can't see anyone doing any serious work as they will be glued to the tv!) We will then get constant coverage from Sky News, BBC News 24 etc followed by documentaries covering the UFO era Roswell etc and then accusations will start to fly at the Govt accusing them of a coverup. It will be hillarious to watch. Meanwhile ATS will crash due to the thousands logging on celebrating or issuing dire warnings that the End is Nigh ! However the most disturbing aspect will be how the Middle East will take the news particularly those supporting Al Quadiea etc. Their relgious beleifs will be thrown out of the window overnight. Will ailens be regarded as infidels and legitamite targets for attacking? It makes my toes curl just to think of that unpleasant thought.
Away from politics what about the ordinary people, ie you and me? I have to be honest i would be very anxious to begin with in case they prove hostile, perfectly normal human reaction. But assuming they are not hostile and are friendly i would be very relaxed about their arrival. Sure i would be shocked, we all would but i would welcome them. It would be the opportunity of a lifetime to learn new ideas, cultures, languages. Technology would be fascinating. But i have to say i'm not too keen on the idea of transporters, as Dr McCoy often complained "I would not want my molecules scattered all over the universe" !!
I think he had a more than fair point !!!

Joking apart though it would be wonderful to see ET and humans learning from each other and hopefully Earth joining the Galactic Club aka Star Trek style. Given the state of affairs on earth today both political and environmental, we urgently need change and fast. The Human race does need this shock to the system, a breath of fresh air into what is now becomming a very tired and war weary world. We need to move on, reach out and touch the stars, the final frontier. First Contact would be the catalyst to start the ball rolling!!

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I disagree with you shattered. There wouldn't be mass panic in the street, the majority of people belive in the existance of aliens in some form or another anyway.

" a person is smart, people are stupid"

you got that from Men in Black. Did you consider that perhaps that's just some bouguasie lie to explain why people need to be controlled and their freedom taken away because some exploitive higher powers "know what is best for them" .

Really they dont' want people to have information, because information is power. And they want to hold all the cards. The idea that people are panicy or stupid is just providing an excuse for cover ups and taking away from people what is rightfully theres.

THE TRUTH.

------

Anyway if people are affraid, they should be, the greys do not have good intentions.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
We are coming
__________________> * * *

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
To the OP:

EXCELLENT thread. We often get hung up on debating the existence without considering the implications of a positive answer.

How would it affect my life? Probably very little on a practical level. On a personal level it would be huge. I suspect I (and others) would eventually become frustrated because we'd want to know EVERYTHING that they've discovered beyond our own scientific knowledge, like drinking from a fire hose. Is the Big Bang correct? Do they have any evidence for God? Is there a Unified Theory of Everything? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? My fear is that they would share some of their knowledge with us, but certainly not all. Some questions, I think, would still be left to us to answer. I wonder if instinctually we'd turn to them like a parent to get us out of a lot of messes we created, and wonder if we'd grow to resent them if they refused to do so.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

I just don't see why so many people are ready to embrace these so called aliens, we know nothing about them that warrants our trust, I believe there are points of reference that expose who they really are , but I am quickly learning on this site it is not politically correct to have the nerve to actually believe there is a point of reference that can be considered absolute, that BTW is another issue people seem not to like ....just keep it open,,,,we just like to let our imaginations run wild,,,,,seems foolish to me,,,,but what do I know?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join