It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who created God

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
There is no such thing as "time" for God. He says that he's the beginning and the last (alpha and omega). It (the bible) says we weren't created to understand those kind of those questions. Similar question is,: can god create something so big he himself cannot lift it? Well yes he can. Because he is the sustainer of laws, and can do whatever he wants. He can make the laws so he can lift it, and later so he can lift it whenever he wants. This is impossible to explain.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Motion-Man, you're just giving a convenient cop out. nowhere in the bible does it say god is outside of time, nowhere does it say god sustains the laws of physics, has omnipotence, omniscience, or omnipresence... or at least those last 3 conflict each other in places.

your god isn't a consistent being in your text. one point he knows everything, at another he can't find 2 people in a garden.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Madness, allow me to explain. God is everywhere and everything. He is both dumb and wise, small and large, visible and invisible. His physical self could create a rock he could not lift, but his quantum self could lift it outside of time. He is both of the physical and spiritual realm. He couldn't find Adam and Eve because he was in the physical realm. But his quantum self could see him at the same time. Confusing? Yes. But that's the point. God is multiple "beings" in one existence. Inter-dimensional and both in and out of time.

Oh yea, Jakyll, sorry for being late to reply as I was gone and am now on a limited connection for the time being.

The reason he was put in harm without any action was because it was a demon of the devil. Imagine him as a bully that picks on people for no reason. Although I have my doubts about the existence of evil devils and demons, I still keep in mind the possibilities of this evil existence. Just imagine it as the Bible's explanation of all evil things in the world.

Oh, and I have my doubts about things in the bible being true or not. The reason why it may have been kept in there along with rape being wrong and all could very well be that a group wanted to keep control of the people. Jesus often spoke against the upper management of the Jewish religion. Saying they were corrupted by power and all.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Madness, allow me to explain. God is everywhere and everything. He is both dumb and wise, small and large, visible and invisible. His physical self could create a rock he could not lift, but his quantum self could lift it outside of time. He is both of the physical and spiritual realm. He couldn't find Adam and Eve because he was in the physical realm. But his quantum self could see him at the same time. Confusing? Yes. But that's the point. God is multiple "beings" in one existence. Inter-dimensional and both in and out of time.

where are you getting all these attributes from? it's one thing to simply assume god exists and take it on faith... but where the hell do people keep yanking all these attributes of god from, even the pseudo-scientific attributes... like the ones you've just given me.

quantum physics deal with the physical. there would be no difference between a quantum self and a physical self. it's called quantum PHYSICS and just look athe roots of the words.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Actually madness, Quantum space and Physical space do differ. Quantum space has no time. As such, you can be anywhere and everywhere at all times past present and future without moving a finger. If a molecule can do it, then what prevents a being from doing it?

There is indeed a difference on the quantum field.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
@Gorman91.no worries mate...demons,or spelt correctly;daemons,are actually ancient creatures who can be both good and bad.what they look like differs from place to place,obviously.but it is just one of the many things corrupted by the christian faith....and what you say about god being all things,isn't that just you projecting your idea onto what she/he is? ppl want god to be all things so they convince themselves that it is so.do you believe that god cannot make mistakes? that he is all knowing,all powerful?

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
do you believe that god cannot make mistakes? that he is all knowing,all powerful?

Being on an above quantum field, he would know the outcome already. Quantum states are very interesting, because just as a light particle knows all the realms of possibilities before it ever goes through all of them at the same time, God too would know all the realms of possibilities before they ever occur, and then do occor at the same time in the multiverse.

Again, here is what I said earlier:

Imagine all the multiple universes all originating from one original (think of the origin of species) Then, above that universe, an all powerful, higher-then-quantum brain that knows all and is all. Now, every split second, every time point of existence, is always breaking up into new branches of possibility. All these are hooked up to a main "artery" of sorts that go to the brain. In the quantum state of existence, time does not exist and things can be anywhere at the same time. At this higher then quantum state, God is above all and can do anything anywhere. The proof in this is that if you go back in time, the universe knows to split into its original and effected universe. The realm of possibilities are endless and ever going. It's hard to imagine, so here is a picture I made. Enjoy.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
So who created the creator of the creator, a series of questions that will never end.

I don't think the question even makes much sense. God is omnificent.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Origin of GOD found

You may find this article of interest.

Extract…
“Religious people believe in God - without any evidence.
Atheists believe there is no God - without any evidence.

Two Australian Time Detectives have unearthed definitive evidence that finally resolves the question "Is there a God ?"
…..
Link: www.worldbreakingdiscoveries.com.au...

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eddy_P
Origin of GOD found

You may find this article of interest.

Extract…
“Religious people believe in God - without any evidence.
Atheists believe there is no God - without any evidence.

99% of atheist don't "believe there is no god"
they simply do not believe in a god. there is a line between believing there isn't a god and not believing in a god.

Two Australian Time Detectives have unearthed definitive evidence that finally resolves the question "Is there a God ?"
…..
Link: www.worldbreakingdiscoveries.com.au...

um... "time detectives"...
time travellers being angelic messengers...
um, yeah, this is pseudoscientific bs...

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemarchand
So who created the creator of the creator, a series of questions that will never end.

I don't think the question even makes much sense. God is omnificent.

On quantum space there is no time, so the past present and future are always and ever.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
the reason i asked if you believed god was all knowing etc,was because i've never understood ppl who believe this.but who then say that he didn't create evil and he knows nothing of it! to me that means that there is something as equally as powerful as god around!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
If God, always has and always will be, then does that mean that he sent different individuals to aid humans in prescribing to their individual religious beliefs. Is this part of the devine scheme, or is this the result of someone doing someone elses bidding.

In the context of the OP, then is what we think of God as doing right now, just a commencement of orders from God's predecessor.

If this is true, then God has been doing this forever, to every race on every planet in every galaxy throughout the cosmos.

If time is infinite, then how could something exist that never had a beginning?

Where does this paradox right itself?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Weather it be God or some mysterious dark energy or matter or something unknown, we can say without doubt that something came from nothing at some point in history of everything.

Now we need to figure out what that is before we speculate that there is a god or if the religions of the world are simply the first theory's of how everything was created.

Something came from nothing...

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
If God, always has and always will be, then does that mean that he sent different individuals to aid humans in prescribing to their individual religious beliefs. Is this part of the devine scheme, or is this the result of someone doing someone elses bidding.

In the context of the OP, then is what we think of God as doing right now, just a commencement of orders from God's predecessor.

If this is true, then God has been doing this forever, to every race on every planet in every galaxy throughout the cosmos.

If time is infinite, then how could something exist that never had a beginning?

Where does this paradox right itself?

God is not in the universe, but is at the same time. It is odd, but that's quantum physics for ya. I take a quote, oddly enough, from futurama:

"if you do everything yourself, then people get dependent on you, if you do nothing, they lose faith in you. you must find the line in between and stick to it" -God in futurama, or a super computer satilite that collided with God (:lol

You think as if there is time. Time is something of our realm, yes, but it is something of our making too. If a light particle can be on both sides of the universe at the same time, and a "string" can stretch across the entire universe, then why can't God?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Weather it be God or some mysterious dark energy or matter or something unknown, we can say without doubt that something came from nothing at some point in history of everything.

Now we need to figure out what that is before we speculate that there is a god or if the religions of the world are simply the first theory's of how everything was created.

Something came from nothing...

God, in my opinion, made a perfect universe. life can adapt and evolve to changes, and the universe can restart to keep itself going. In the future, when all matter and things are in a single black hole, this will be too much, and it will burst again into a new universe. Things are so perfectly arranged, and work so in tune, how could all it be by chance? With the disastrous and destructive mess the universe is, things still work, and continue to do so.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn

then who created God?

"I" created God.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
the reason i asked if you believed god was all knowing etc,was because i've never understood ppl who believe this.but who then say that he didn't create evil and he knows nothing of it! to me that means that there is something as equally as powerful as god around!

Idiots exist, what do you want? He created all, evil included. Evil just went the wrong way.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Motion-Man
can god create something so big he himself cannot lift it?

well, god has the same relation to "weight" as God does to time which is to say, God is above that kind of thing.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Creation of a god implies a 2 dimensional flow of time which would seem to be a flawed idea. I would suggest that time is not two dimensional and that there does not have to be either god or a creator of god. The question seems to lie more within the realm of "What actually makes a god" and not "Who created god?"

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join