It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics at Myspace forum Claim to have proof that UFOs don't exist.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Can't prove a negative, since it's impossible to account for all possibilities.
Can't prove alien UFOs don't exist.
Can't prove they aren't going to land tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Well I have a myspace with a wide variety of friends, and Ill tell you, Myspace is as diverse as humanity. You are gonna get all kinds of opinions, from all walks of life, believers and non-believers. I wouldnt take one groups disbelief seriously, I mean people for a long time didnt believe the world was round, and I can personally understand how they would come to that conclusion, I mean when you look outside the world looks pretty flat doesnt it!

But its not things are never as they seem, and to take one group and extend it to all of myspace is in my humble opinion unfair.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Perhaps the great majority of people in the world who believe in UFOs should all simply acquiesce and agree with the tiny minority of folks who are skeptics. I can imagine the headline on Drudge: SHOCK!: UFO Believers Now in Full Agreement with UFO Skeptics!... Okay, the great debate would be over, we could put it behind us.

Yet the sightings would continue. By agreement with the Skeptical Enquirer, we would label all such manifestations as swamp gas or ball lightning or bolides or migrating birds or the planet Venus, but the sightings would continue. Commercial and military pilots would continue to see them, civilians would continue to capture photo and video images of them, 911 dispatchers would continue getting calls about them, cops would continue filing their reports of seeing odd things flitting around in the sky.

Except that they wouldn't be UFOs anymore — they'd be perfectly mundane optical illusions, easily pigeon-holed into a few simple classifications, by agreement with the Skeptical Enquirer. All we have to do is close our minds and pretend UFOs don't exist, and that will put an end to all of this ignorant, illogical superstition. Don't even bother wondering about it, don't waste your brainpower, just accept that the skeptics were right all along.

How unnatural and downright scary does all of that sound?

Something that skeptics don't seem to understand is the human need for the miraculous. If skeptics, splashing about in their wading pool of critical thought, would take an objective view of the history of our species, they would see that the greatest of Mankind's achievements have always manifested in our pursuit of the miraculous. Like it or not, humans thrive on the notion that there is something utterly beyond our comprehension. When you take that away from humanity, what you have left is something less than human.

So, sure, we could agree with the skeptics and close our minds to the miraculous — but that's a step down in our evolution.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
i know everyone knows this but who owns myspace. if i were a big corporation who has been known to harbor disinformation, and saw that the audience was well above 7 figures. i think i would do the same, let the little kids get their space, whenever they start asking questions, the answers they seek will not be healthy and like in this case, there will be no answer, only "insult and ridicule", sounds familiar...

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Somehere in one of their threads they say it is Carl Sagan

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Just wanted to pop in and say that this thread title gave me a good chuckle. I am a skeptic myself, but the idea that you can prove that UFOs dont exist is the silliest thing I've ever heard.

Its simply impossible, unless we have developed some miracously technology which can instantly scan, analyze and identify (thus removing the "unidentified" part of UFO) ever single piece of matter in the seemingly infinite universe
Then again, even if that ridiculous criteria was met, I'm sure you could argue that the craft uses some technology which hides its existance as matter or it travels through parallel dimensions or time itself or w/e else!

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
sodom

@The Coward

so tell me , who is interested to hear an opinion from a myspace member/user ??

and why has myspace a science forum. lol
myspace is for braindead

sodom

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Myspace is for Emo school kids, i wouldn't take their comments too seriously.

Since half of them spend countless hours slitting their wrists and getting 'oh so heart broken' by their girlfriend/boyfriend, i don't give a damn what these 'nuts' say

ATS FTW!!

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Oh god this is so funny lol. I really love the creativity of the insults. An alternative to Cartoon Network! Hahaha...

Honestly though, it's hard to prove something wrong that doesn't exist. It goes against the arguement itself. Funny though. Both parties though are at fault here for argueing about something which neither can prove.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
and this is why ats will always be number one. we conduct ourselves (mostly) with tact and thought. besides, like those teen angst goth emo hippies know anything anyway.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey
Oh god this is so funny lol. I really love the creativity of the insults. An alternative to Cartoon Network! Hahaha...

So, then, they watch Cartoon Network do they? I doubt that there are many serious scientists, or science students for that matter, who even know that there is a Cartoon Network. They would probably make better cartoonists than scientists.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Myspace is the MTV of the internet.

That being said. Unless UFO's can deliver a new reality TV show or get a single-that-makes-no-lyrical-sense into the top 10 dont expect them to take the issue seriously. I wouldnt even categorize the posters on there with science degress as scientist. They're more like "pop-scientist" who only follow the fad of the day and can't see past the tip of their noses.

Ok maybe there are a few decent ones on there...

Ignorant and shallow of me? Maybe a little

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I went there and read a little bit.Disgusting.Not a place where i would go ever again.Not because people do not agree with ones views,but because they behave like animals.
I have also read the previous post of supercheetah ( ATS skeptic).I wonder why he/she can be so civilised and polite compared to others at that other site.....maybe we all need a little bit of moderation sometimes.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Bursuc]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
So, then in essence - you are grouping yourself with... with... 'them' ?

Please do not do this.
I realize you might be posting 'nice' retorts and arguments... because you have to under the guidelines and rules of this message board, but I would rather it be the case that you are interested in debate and research - instead of 'politeness'.

There are ways to be rude without calling people names.
I'm not siding with anyone, and don't make me side with anyone. I'm merely pointing out the truth of how I feel.

Also, impoliteness on the Internet is like road rage--just because I feel like doing something doesn't mean that's the best way to handle the emotion.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It's really impossible to prove that something doesn't exist. Even if they gave compelling evidence that every reported sighting was either a misidentification or a fraud, that would still not prove that they absolutely don't exist.

The onus is on the UFO community to prove that they do exist and represent the visitation of alien craft, however.

LIES !! I've just proved that you dont exist by closing my eyes and screaming "NANA NA"

next on my agenda is God...

/moronisms

It is infuriating how often people try and prove things 'dont exist' with half baked logic and 100% dedication.

I really dont like 95% skeptics - but those who indeed try, have my utmost respect.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by supercheetah
Personally, I've been avoiding ATS for the last few days because I'm tired of arguing the same things over and over again.

I know what you mean, but I'd rather argue all day long here at ATS than to be insulted there at MySpace (not that I am a skeptic). Hence, why I don't use the forums at MySpace. It's just that for some weird reason, the forums have been hijacked by those skeptics for a long time. I tried once a long time ago and got the same result. I simply walked away, because I don't have time to argue with those idiots. I barely have time to do my research (online and offline). However, in defense of MySpace, I do have a myspace page, and have a great circle of like-minded friends. It is a great source of information when you join the right circles. And I'm not the only one, several other members of ATS also have a MySpace page. Although it's not the best one you'll see, stop by anyway and visit mine if you get a chance:Hector's MySpace

And yes, ATS is the most awesome forum I have ever seen

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Coward
Check out the way they practically degrade the poor members that are trying to bring valid points on UFOs.

The mercilessly say it is fake, and accuse the guys of being crazy and bringing made up stuff.

Disgusting!!!

See here Myspace trashes UFOlogists

I thank ATS for being there for US. Otherwise who else is going to let us explore the subject?

ATS

if there degrading them why not make an account and send mesages to them telling them about Above Top Secret, get them to join here, we wont degrade them.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vixion

if there degrading them why not make an account and send messages to them telling them about Above Top Secret, get them to join here, we wont degrade them.

I tried that already. They started making dumb comments on how people in ATS were nut jobs, and freaks. Pissed me off with the comments. The other Pro-ufo guys liked the site, and the skeptics started taunting them to go to the kids site ATS.

Just yesterday, one of their members Kelly, Bumped all the worthless science threads up, and got rid of all the UFO threads.

I am actually thinking of doing another thread, just to piss them off.

I swear, it’s like hitting a bee’s nest when one posts anything UFO related.
They all scramble at you, and trie to sting you. They are just a bunch of haters.

See them conspiring toward the UFO threads. Read the hate. They say that the UFO "kids" curse them out. Bull, view the other threads and it is them doing the insulting. Just by comparing UFO topic with childish, is an insult. Read the whole tread, and you'll see what I mean.

Take a look on how they conspire against the topic here

[edit on 13-3-2007 by The Coward]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Get the brass knucks' and the chains ready.....

Forum rumble!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
just a thought, dont go on myspace?

You care about what 14 year olds who are showing off nude pictures of themselves all day think about UFOs?

You dont go to a Mosque and start preaching Christianity.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join