It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics at Myspace forum Claim to have proof that UFOs don't exist.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I know the skeptics here at ATS are objective. They read, take notes, study the information, and come to conclusions.

But out of ATS. They think that we are NUTS, FREAKS, MORRONS, STUPID, AND NOT WORTHY.

I say this because I tried talking some UFO topic at the Myspace forum the other day, and those guys did not even want to hear it. Some UFO believers have good arguments. They brought up good points, and those despicable scientists would just trash them and called them stupid for believing in UFOs. They even trash ATS. Calling everyone that visits here, stupid, nuts, and that we are an alternative to the Cartoon Network.

If you don't believe me, then take a look at the space forum.

Myspace Science and space forum

Animals I tell you. But then again, maybe not all skeptics are like this. Just that dirty bunch in the Myspace forums.

Im sure that in the end, they will come to their senses.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
That is the beauty of ATS - the ability to discuss alternative topics without being told you are nuts for even considering them.

Edit to add:

I have seen a UFO, so I have no problem believing that they exist. For some people, seeing is believing.

[edit on 3/12/07 by wellwhatnow]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Check out the way they practically degrade the poor members that are trying to bring valid points on UFOs.

The mercilessly say it is fake, and accuse the guys of being crazy and bringing made up stuff.

Disgusting!!!

See here Myspace trashes UFOlogists

I thank ATS for being there for US. Otherwise who else is going to let us explore the subject?

ATS

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
... so ofcourse I had to go there and see. I didn't even notice it had a forum for discussing topics like these.

Unfortunately you are somewhat right. They handle question like those we discuss here very childish and in a non reasoning way.

But maybe we should consider this a good thing... if they did, what would happen to this nice site

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
LOL its just tooo funny...
I guess its time for me to post up my thoughts...
since I have a myspace account tooo
lol

I can't wait to get flamed - you notice they are like "where are they coming from - its like there is an ad pointing them here"
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
They treated me really bad. Talk humiliating towards ufologists, and they did not even have a moderator to help.

I can't believe this. I mean, these are supposed to be the major scientists and science students. They act like kids. Worst then highscool.

I found another post where they totally call UFO theorist Pseudofreaks. Call us names and insult us. No respect, no shame, and all nonensense.

See them laughing and acusing ufology of Pseudofscience here

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It's exceedingly difficult to prove that UFOs don't exist.

Of course your proof can go up in smoke as soon as a UFO lands of the lawn of the white house.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It's really impossible to prove that something doesn't exist. Even if they gave compelling evidence that every reported sighting was either a misidentification or a fraud, that would still not prove that they absolutely don't exist.

The onus is on the UFO community to prove that they do exist and represent the visitation of alien craft, however.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ouch, harch surroundings.
That's what you get for trying to spread knowledge.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Reffering to the Phoenix lights.

"So it is invisible to radar. No one actually saw the ship itself, yet for some strange reason that defies all logic and understanding, the travel with their running lights on!? Over a populated area!? Are these ETs totally retarded? How many of them did the Air Force shoot when they got to Area 51 for being stupid? "

Another real bright coment by scientist

"Why wasn't it all over the news then?
Why didn't the Airforce get involved? If they did get involved surely it would a be well known fact with plenty of witnesses. "

This is one really acredited man of science. He has a number of Graduate degrees and owns his own firm.

This is what he said about ATS,

"For anyone with a hard-core science background wanting to beat their heads against a intellectual brick wall it’s the perfect site…or you can go in and have a good laugh at the intellectual tangles these posters get themselves into :-) but for UFO and conspiracy theorists its truly wonderful…lol"

Another scientist followed by saying,

"I just had a quick look at that site.
Might be worth looking at when there's nothing much on Cartoon Network. lol"

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Dobble post oops.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by The Coward]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Here is my post:

I am astounded at the ferocity of the accusations in play.

It doesn't take a large brained mammal much to figure out that the universe is vast, and with sciences pointing toward evolution - it wouldn't be hard to conceive that perhaps other creatures evolved long before we did. Why does only humanity hold the precious keys to knowledge and space travel? Are we that ignorant of a species?

Sure seems so from some of the 'beyond' skeptical minds at play.

It just goes to show how the vulgarities and skepticism actually coincide with the realization that the skeptics on Myspace - or rather in this forum are not too intelligent.
Science evolves; it does not stagnate as you would seemingly wish it too.
If you skeptics are such true believers in the 'scientific method' of discovery - then why do you use such vulgarities to get your points across?

How infantile. How, non-scientific - and how unconvincing.

How absurd.

No response yet... no flames lol - but I am not going to keep hitting the refresh button to see this play out...

its just sad really...

I gotta say - ATS Skeptics at least want to debate the issues... THANKS GUYS

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
double post... delete please.

[edit on 3/12/2007 by bokinsmowl]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I guess one of you guys must be "Juan Carlos"?

I went a threw my support at ya m8... in a civil way I might add.

To me the myspace threads prove that disinformation and the world wide agreement to disbelieve unfortunately thrives far too well.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Really does make you appreciate the sceptics here at ATS, we don't always agree, we often feel like they are being far to cynical. Compared ot these guys at myspace however, they are David Icke loving believers, god bless ATS skeptics.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Thats to funny Kromms33, keep up the good fight.

Coward:

Remember that it is always easier to knock someting down than to build it.

I think your dealing with people who don't have opinions. Thats why they want to destroy yours.

Keep smiling!

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
absence of evidence is not evidence of absence... being "scientists and scholars" you'd think they would have the decency to keep an open mind and explore new possibilities. they're learning and researching things that have been known and studied for years... school can teach you how to learn, but if you dont use that knowledge to expand your horizons and reach for facts never thought possible, then your just regurgitating information. its rather sad and i feel bad for the sheeple they've become!
i have the utmost respect for my fellow members of ATS and their courage to think the unthinkable...thats the ATS lifestyle. Live It!

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It's really impossible to prove that something doesn't exist. Even if they gave compelling evidence that every reported sighting was either a misidentification or a fraud, that would still not prove that they absolutely don't exist.

The onus is on the UFO community to prove that they do exist and represent the visitation of alien craft, however.

I totally agree you cannot prove something does not exist.

If something did not exist how you would never know that it did not exist? So how could you prove that it did not exist? ( I think i said that correctly).

Take for example the dragon of folk lore....most if all of us dont believe that it exist but how could we ever prove it does not exist? You cannot provide evidence of its non existence you can only provide evidence of lack of existence.

Evidence of lack of existence is not evidence of non existence.

In my mind those that claim they have evidence of non existence are just as guilty as those that claim something exist without providing the evidence.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by etshrtslr]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
You actually take myspace seriously? I avoid that site like the plague. Its infested with emos and pedophiles; not a good combination.

They really, really shouldn't be talking. Don't worry about them. Just make a snide remark and they'll go off crying and write dark poetry and slit their wrists.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
You actually take myspace seriously? I avoid that site like the plague. Its infested with emos and pedophiles; not a good combination.

They really, really shouldn't be talking. Don't worry about them. Just make a snide remark and they'll go off crying and write dark poetry and slit their wrists.

hehe
I think myspace was once a descent place with descent intentions, but yes, it has turned into a common chat room. Fortunately you can choose your "friends" and stick to those who seem to be on the same wavelenght as you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join