It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Billy Meier (Hoax) story - what does ATS think?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Im probably the last one but I just ran into the incredible story of the Swede Billy Meier who has a ton of super clear photos of UFO's and claims to have had intimate contact with aliens since the forties.

*see this website for larger images and write up: www.theyfly.com...

According to the guy (Michael Horn) who handles this website, Meier's images have failed to be debunked by all the experts and their were many modern model makers recently who couldn't duplicate the craft or the photos that Meier photographed clearly in the 70's. Im just curious to see what people think of this guy's story. Im fairly new to this board so please let me know if this has been covered here on ATS - I did a search but I couldn't find anything definitive. thx

[edit on 21-4-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I've done very little research on billy meier, but my first instinct is that its a load of crap... some of those pictures are absolutely ridiculous, and some of them have been totally debunked as fakes. So i feel if a person has to fake just ONE photo, then i cant trust anything he has done. I'm very curious what John Lears stance is on Billy.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I rarely disdain a UFO case. I try to be as open minded as possible, and usually, if most of the evidence is weak, I'll just ignore it.
Billy Meier, on the other hand, stinks on ice so much that I need to open my mouth.

His photos are weak and his tale is weaker.

I'm just a computer guy with a good eye, and even I see that his photos' perpectives, lighting, and atmospheric density are wrong. They just don't fool my brain into seeing what the photo is supposed to represent. But look, the bottom line here is that we should all make our own decisions, so please, examine his case thoroughly, it would be unfair if you didn't.

There is a good episode of the paracast that deals with Meier's cohort Micheal Horn. I haven't listened to it because why would I want to hear David Biedny debunk a guy whom I don't give an ounce of credit to anyway.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Just do some searching on ATS. There are tons of threads about this subject.

My opinion of it? Crap.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Just do some searching on ATS. There are tons of threads about this subject.

My opinion of it? Crap.

right. I did do a search and I (possibly my shortsightedness) could not see one solid debunking thread. But honestly the pictures don't quite look right to me either. I also did some searching through other channels on the internet and I also couldn't find a good debunking.

This is some of the info I found and it all seems to say that he hasn't been debunked??

www.lifetechnology.org...

www.rense.com...

I don't know, I just found this stuff and Im trying to keep an open mind. But if anyone can point me to where he has been proven, even with a shadow, a fraud I would love to hear it.

[edit on 10-3-2007 by kronos11]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
I've done very little research on billy meier, but my first instinct is that its a load of crap... some of those pictures are absolutely ridiculous, and some of them have been totally debunked as fakes.

do you know where?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I actually think the UFO pictures taken by Billy in the 70's are REAL, absolutely.
If you watch this video,
video.google.com...
It might help explain why he is so misunderstood.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Oh yes, the pictures are stunning, but unfortunately, because they are
so in-your-face people just cant believe them to be true!!

Go figure.

Michael Horn is an interesting guy too, on youtube , here's part 1 of 5 of his interview on the Billy Meier case:
www.youtube.com...

(the remaining parts will be on the 'related' section on the right)

[edit on 10-3-2007 by vladmir]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by vladmir
Michael Horn is an interesting guy too

Yes... im doing some reading up on him now. Seems like a new age nut.. not like that's all bad. He must have been really changed by this stuff.

thanks for the first video. that seems pretty interesting.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Well if Mr. Meier is so definitively a hoax... then this thread should probably be dropped to skunk works? I do feel the story is exceedingly fabulous and the ships appear way unlikely to fly? this guy would have to be seriously ill to be so elaborate.

I don't know - glancing at the other threads it seems the skeptics are ravenous about this guy so that also makes me wonder the other way. What about that Winters guy?

video.google.com...

He says he saw the ships as well as a bunch of other people who gave testimonies from Meier's hometown?

[edit on 10-3-2007 by kronos11]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
I don't know - glancing at the other threads it seems the skeptics are ravenous about this guy so that also makes me wonder.

lol, truth is not always popular, or easy to swallow, is all i am saying.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
What "truth"? Where is the truth in this case?

You can babble on and on about them being real but at least state why you believe so.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
There are some things that are not so easy to debunk. There are a few predictions that were made that came true. Very specific and very well documented, you can buy old books that prove these things were in print before they occurred. A few Examples:

• 1978:
n a Wasserman publication, Meier foretold the launch of a telescope at end of the 1980s that would make unfathomable discoveries in space, and wrote that a comet would be discovered in the late 1980s to early 1990s; it would be named Toutatis, and may threaten Earth in September 2004..
Corroborated: April 1990, Hubble telescope was launched.
Corroborated: 1989, French astronomers discovered a comet [asteroid], named it Toutatis, and predicted it would come closest to Earth on September 29, 2004.

Here is a good one from 1987:

Destruction in North America
Far in the West, it will be different; the United States of America will be a country of total destruction. The cause for this will be manifold. With her global conflicts which are continuously instigated by her and which will continue far into the future, America is creating enormous hatred against her, worldwide, in many countries. As a result, America will experience enormous catastrophes which will reach proportions barely imaginable to people of Earth. The destruction of the WTC, i.e., the World Trade Center, by terrorists will only be the beginning.

Read more here.
The problem with debunking the photos is that there are no other clear UFO photos to compare them to. I'm not saying be a sponge and believe it all... but at least stay open minded. And one more thing to consider. If aliens are all around us and they are not announcing themselves on the evening news, it may be that it is important to them to keep the integrity of our primitive culture. By providing evidence that is easily scoffed at by those who choose to remain in their comfort zone, they can still give clues to those who are more willing to move forward in their understanding our universe.
Or Billy is a government op who helped plan 9-11

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
As Vallee pointed out in 'Revelations,' a look at Billy Meier's history is instructive. He's not the simple farmer he appears to be.

These multiple threads are confusing.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Listening to George Noory interview Michael Horn about Billy earlier in the week and looking at the pictures of the 'wedding cake' ufo led me to believe that it's a hoax. He was so defensive and I thought he never answered any questions straight enough to be telling the truth. But that could just be me.

- Azure

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Michael Horn used to post here, until he started abusing anyone that dare disagreed with him.

Do a search on him here and you will find the thread I am referring to.

Also from another Thread, as a poster asked earlier John Lear gives his opinions on the Meire case........To my surprise John thinks Billy Meire to be the real deal.......

I found the link where John claims Billy Meire photos are real

Second post from the top

Now I am a big fan of Johns but Meire and Horn come across as major hoaxers.

[edit on 10/3/07 by tkmelb]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedPill
There are some things that are not so easy to debunk. There are a few predictions that were made that came true. Very specific and very well documented, you can buy old books that prove these things were in print before they occurred. A few Examples:

• 1978:
n a Wasserman publication, Meier foretold the launch of a telescope at end of the 1980s that would make unfathomable discoveries in space, and wrote that a comet would be discovered in the late 1980s to early 1990s; it would be named Toutatis, and may threaten Earth in September 2004..
Corroborated: April 1990, Hubble telescope was launched.
Corroborated: 1989, French astronomers discovered a comet [asteroid], named it Toutatis, and predicted it would come closest to Earth on September 29, 2004.

I think that the "prediction" of the Hubble in 1978 can be somewhat disproven due to the following facts about the Hubble Space Telescope:

In 1970 NASA established two committees, one to plan the engineering side of the space telescope project, and the other to determine the science goals of the mission. Once these had been established, the next hurdle for NASA was to obtain funding for the instrument, which would be far more costly than any Earth-based telescope. The US Congress questioned many aspects of the proposed budget for the telescope and forced cuts in the budget for the planning stages, which at the time consisted of very detailed studies of potential instruments and hardware for the telescope. In 1974, public spending cuts instigated by Gerald Ford led to Congress cutting all funding for the telescope project. In response to this, a nationwide lobbying effort was co-ordinated among astronomers. Many astronomers met congressmen and senators in person, and large scale letter-writing campaigns were organised. The National Academy of Sciences published a report emphasising the need for a space telescope, and eventually the Senate agreed to a budget half that originally by Congress. The funding issues led to something of a reduction in the scale of the project, with the proposed mirror diameter reduced from 3 m to 2.4 m, both to cut costs and to allow a more compact and effective configuration for the telescope hardware. A proposed precursor 1.5 m space telescope to test the systems to be used on the main satellite was dropped, and budgetary concerns also prompted collaboration with the European Space Agency. ESA agreed to provide funding, and supply some of the instruments for the telescope as well as the solar cells which would power it, in return for European astronomers being guaranteed at least 15% of observing time on the telescope. Congress eventually approved funding of US$36,000,000 for 1978, and the design of the LST began in earnest, aiming for a launch date of 1983. During the early 1980s, the telescope was named after Edwin Hubble, who made one of the greatest scientific breakthroughs of the 20th century when he discovered that the universe was expanding.

This is an excerpt from Wikipedia.

This article shows that funding for a space telescope project began in 1970 and had funding of $36,000,000.00 by 1978. I did does look a little suspicious to me that in 1978, Meier made a prediction that telescope would be launched in the 1980s after NASA had funding approval for a telescope they were planning on launching in the 1980s.

I'm not saying that Meier was full of it, just trying to make you think a little more about it after receiving the extra info.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PapaHomer

I think that the "prediction" of the Hubble in 1978 can be somewhat disproven due to the following facts about the Hubble Space Telescope:

Predicting that NASA would launch is telescope is nothing fantastic, I am sorry if my post suggested that the Hubble prediction was super neat. The comet and the WTC and many other very specific predictions that have been in print for years, that is what is amazing. Details about planets and moons that were later proven by space probes. Either this guys is in a conspiracy with NASA and the guys who name comets, or he is the real deal.

Here is a neat one:

31st Contact, July 17, 1975:
Semjase informed Meier that Mt Chimborazo, Ecuador, is the highest mountain on Earth (when measured from the center of the earth), contrary to Meier's belief that it was Mt Everest. Corroborated: June 1996 in Earth magazine, 21 years later.

Again, read more here.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
[opinion]

Billy Meier was the real deal but his flagrant abuse of the knowledge and experience he was allowed coupled with his ego meant that his contact was cut short. If they allow you memories, you aren't supposed to spout your mouth off, you tell what you're allowed to, and he went too far. Not accepting the disassociation by the Pleijarians, he continued to try and provide evidence. He should have quit while he was ahead but ego and a burning desire to shout from the rooftops saw his undoing.

[/opinion]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join