It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heard something interesting about the Meier Case.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
On another message board someone told me that Billy Meier has a class action lawsuit against him for fraud in the state if California. I had heard about a lot of the theories behind him faking the whole thing, but I'm unsure if that group that researched it has any legitamcy. Has the Meier case been PROVEN hoax or not?

here's a link to an article. Is this just some skeptic claiming this or is it true?

www.geocities.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think as far as the more serious and respectable UFO researchers go, the Billy Meier case has been proven to be a hoax. However, even then many people debate on the "proof", and there are a number who believe that Billy Meiers was not proven a Hoax.

However, this wont be the first time Billy Meier has been sued or legal action brought up against him.

I myself believe that sufficent proof and then some have been shown that Meiers is a hoax, a scam, and a con artist. His ex wife has even come out and claimed he faked the pictures, and other people have recovered what is believed to be the models used in the photos.

But you will find many people here and elsewhere who will disagree.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
But didn't his wife also vouch for his authenticity in a video?

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hey link,

Interesting find. Just to quickly state my opinion, I too am of the camp that meier is a hoaxer. As for this being a true law suit, it's certainly possible.

Lieing isn't against the law, it just makes you a person of questionable character. Fraud though, that's pretty bad.

If they can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that billy is and has been faking and in turn making a profit from his so called truths they could have a very good case for fraud.

But it would be an interesting twist on the old ufo tale in the sense that it would be on the burden of the producers and the others involved in the class action law suit to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is faking.

Of course the reverse is usually true in that we are constantly looking to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that these things do exist.

If it goes to trial in california and the jury is left with the thought that "hey we can't actually say it didn't happen beyond all reasonable doubt" it could really be intersting to see the fallout after that.

It certainly be used by meiers followers as proof that he is telling the truth.

On the other hand, if the producers file and win and in the end prove beyond all reasonable doubt that meiers has in fact faked the whole thing and commited fraud I personally believe it would go a long way to improving the respectability of ufology as a whole.

If it's true it should be a very interesting case to follow. Thought I don't know how that works when you sue someone in a california court and that person and corporations are in another country.

Can a lawyer on the board clear this up?

Again, interesting find.

Spiderj

PS never under estimate the rage of a jilted producer.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm dubious of this as well, but a lot of the things people tag agaimst him are easily dismissed (or so he claims) by his personal representative, Michael Horn. His PR guy if you will. This guy writes people all the time, listens to people's email, makes his own site on the case and vehemently backs up Meier. He also claims that he gains not a penny for his efforts. My point is, if this case is in fact proven hoax, then this guy (along with Meier himself ;p) is gonna look quite stupid. He's been his official representative for over twenty-five years...imagine the blow he'd take. To this day he does this stuff.

He even "challenged" the scores of people that claimed it was a hoax to duplicate just one photo of Meier's...they never could do it...and Meier has one arm! What do you think of Horn?

BTW, have you seen the pics, the videos, and heard the crazy sound Meier captured on audio?

That one photo of the huge UFO looking over the van is hilariously and laughably phony looking, but some of them look real.

(can anyone tell me how to post pics?)

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Actually, Billy Meiers photos have been duplicated. Even people here on ATS managed to do just that using the same technology available in 1973, or whenever it was. Michael Horn only listens to stuff that back up his claims. He hasn't produced a single shred of solid evidence really.

Billy Meier has had lawsuits filed in the past against him.

www.anomalies.net...
www.virtuallystrange.net...

He has even admitted some of his pictures were frauds.

www.rense.com...

Simply because Meier has one arm does not mean he is incapable of hoaxing, nor is it difficult. In fact, I think Meier even uses his disability as a smoke screen to make the unknowing think that he is physically frail and incapable of pulling off such a hoax.

Untrue. You ever watch the special olympics? I have seen so many cases of people without arms and legs not only overcome their disabilities, but thrive, and were even able to perform feats that were pretty difficult for people with all their limbs. Handicapped people adapt very well.

And I am certain that Meier having one arm does not lessen his abilities to create hoaxes.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Billy Meier has had lawsuits filed in the past against him.
www.anomalies.net...

That lawsuit has been around on the internet for ages and to the best of my knowledge it didn't transpire, the document however still remains. Something the Meier supporters will tell you as well. The Raelian Movement did file charges against Meier since the latter said not so nice things about "his Royal Highness Rael".

www.rense.com...

This is one to bookmark.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Link- you may find this thread of interest.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mr. Horn makes an appearance on it and attacks most of the posters. Also the Underground Video suit is discussed and the IIG West duplicates and our own JRitzmans too. It was quite intertaining. It certainly will give you a view into how Horn operates.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
TerraX: It looks like this is old news, based in the mid 90s.

Longhaircowboy: Michael Horn's pleasing personality has been
the source of much joy in many settings! (Insert tongue in cheek here.)

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well Well, it is true. However, does this mean all of the 1000 photos are hoaxed as well? Who knows. I'm a little weary of that guy Korf, though. I have no stand on this issue and simply from reading the voluminous amounts of literature on the subject and reading things from Korf himself, he seems incredibly close minded on his mission to mar Meier.

But Meier's case is definitely weakening lately...interesting stuff.

And BTW, I read that whole thread, every word of it. Horn was a bit front in his use of names and he came off pretty strong. Maybe it's indicative of his passion for the case/

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Oh boy.
Mr Horns rader prolly just went off and I'm sure he will pop back in here again.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Only if he's been miraculously been unbanned.
There at the pitiful end he basically chose to be given the boot. Rather than keep reciting the whole sordid mess over and over.
Quite a feller thats for sure.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
He got banned? That's hilarious!! What for, just basic name calling or what? Although he did get a little edgy, he still was passionate and fairly comprehensive in his knowledge even if some of it was drastically slanted.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
If you check the thread I posted above, I think at about page 30 or so you can see it spiral out of control. Hmm, coulda been earlier on. He basically did it on purpose. He realized he was swimming upstream and took the cowards way out.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
You know what the ultimate irony is concerning Mr. Horn's approach? Meier and his (alleged) contacts themselves admit the photographs are fakes, of course done by other parties. Here's the paragraph in question from the rense.com link;

"Furthermore, "Ptaah" reveals that nearly all the pictures of the first period of Meier's "contacts" are frauds because cameraman S. handed the films over to "Men In Black" who replaced them with prepared films showing the hoaxes we all know! And Mr. Meier is innocent because he didn't recognized the hoaxes and "Ptaah" didn't tell him what he already knew and so Mr. Meier always thought to present - and sell - genuine photographs."

So basicly, Mr. Horn doesn't have genuine photographs belonging to the Meier case. Right?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I think that the Billy Meier case is a true account of a Swiss farmer's encounter with ET's. I also think that the George Adamski, Truman Bethurum and Howard Menger stories of encounters with aliens were also true. Both George Adamski and Howard Menger told of being taken on trips to the moon. I think those were true accounts. Since we are all dealing with the same data, words on paper, pictures on paper and opinion, it is unlikely any of us will ever know the truth.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hi John,

While I concur with you to a certain degree there are also a few distinct differences between the names you listed. I agree with you that something indeed happend at the heart of the matter in those contact cases. There are to many witnesses that have come forward who experienced matters as well which tend to support the 'contactees' claims. George Adamski who's generally considered a crackpot had a suprising ammount of eyewitness testimony, not only of people who were in his direct vicinity but other persons have witnessed the crafts he photographed in many parts of the world, some even took pictures as well. Howard Menger who was often accused of jumping on the bandwagon in the wake of the Adamski case, had similar support, also from his family members just like Adamski. That for me indicates that something indeed transpired. Claiming it's a hoax doesn't cover all the aspects of what's on the table here.
Billy Meier also has support in the ways discussed above but from my perspective doesn't belong in the same category as the others. It seems like controversy is a natural consequence of speaking about UFOs and ETs in public and all the names you listed certainly had their share, allbeit generated by outside sources or by their own behavior. The main reason why I view Billy Meier as a different category is because in essence, he doesn't support anyone else in the fullest extent. When you really get in to the Meier material you'll find that he and his ET contacts claim that Adamski, Menger, Bethurum (and many others) are liars, hoaxers and frauds. The eyewitness testimony? Oh, that came about through Adamski's hypnotising skills! Many people don't realise that Meier is a debunker who resorts to lame excuses and cheapshots himself, mostlikely to favor his own material. Therefore I have little respect for the man.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Holy Crap! John Lear posts in here too?

Anyways, Terra, I was wondering, do you have any links to material that shows quotes of Meier namecalling or cheapshots? You see, I thought he pretty much hasn't said much on the case...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
For readers who may not be aware of John Lear's latest thinking,
regarding UFOs, etc., the link below provides a summary of
what he said on a recent coast to coast show:

groups.yahoo.com...

George Adamski, in his Inside the Flying Saucers, describes a
trip to the moon and he claimed he saw forests, rivers, cities
on the back side of the moon. Which, of course, is not a reality.
Also, he and others even today, claim the same for Venus......
a lovely place to live. (Which, of course, is impossible given the
conditions there.)

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Linkamoto
Anyways, Terra, I was wondering, do you have any links to material that shows quotes of Meier namecalling or cheapshots? You see, I thought he pretty much hasn't said much on the case...

Well, if you browse through Meier's material you'll find the namecalling naturally. As for the critique on other personalities within ufology that started in the first 'contact note' by Billy Meier and continues till this day. Here are a few links where the critique is already transparent;
www.figu.org...
www.figu.org...
www.figu.org...
www.figu.org...
And for a compilation of critique on Adamski here's the relevant German text (internet translator needed);
www.figu.org...
French language FIGU site with another compilation of all 'the frauds' according to Meier;
fr.figu.org...

[edit on 15-6-2006 by TerraX]

<<   2 >>

join