It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC: Israel and Iran share most negative ratings in global poll

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Wait a second. What does the critisism of US policy have to do with the opportunities available to people if they come to the USA?

It has a lot to do with it...more so when immigrants could immigrate to countries in South America, such as Venezuela, that some people around here claim to be paradise for "the working people"... Or they could keep going north and immigrate to Canada, yet they stay in the U.S.

You and some others claim that an interview done to 28,000 people out of 4.2 + Billion tell us that most of the world hates the United States... I say the millions of immigrants who keep on coming to the United States show this to be nothing more than a lie...and of course, you don't see on tv what most of the Iraqis in northern and southern Iraq have to say about the U.S. or coalition, since it doesn't sell...

People will still come here regardless of how they feel about the Administration or policies.

Not when they have several other countries they could go to...

If the poll of 28,000 doesn't represent how people feel then why do thousands of people in other countries go to our embassies and protest?

And there are millions of other people who like the U.S. and would give anything to come here... sorry but if they didn't like it in the least, they can go to other south American countries, or keep on going and immigrate to Canada, yet the majority stays here...

Why do people outside of this country even here on ATS have such a bad view of us. Have you looked around on the internet? Just look at comments on various forums, videos and other places where people are saying stuff about America, Iran, and Israel. I didn't need a poll to tell me these things.

The United States always has had people who hate us, and people who love us... and if you are just looking at forums where people bash at the U.S. then you are missing those who are thankful of the U.S....

Originally posted by ThePieMaNAs far as these terrorists and suicide bombers go,well, they weren't there before we made our "mistake"

Many of them were in Iraq before the invasion...they just had the green light from Saddam to kill, torture and maime civilians...

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
Iraq: Since Iraq did not exist as a state until 1932 I can only refer to Iraq's involvement in wars since 1932. Iraq started as a series of dictatorships resulting from coups ubtil the Baathists took over in 1968. Iraq send troops to fight Israel in 1948, 1967 and 1973 even though Israel was not a threat to them. In 1979 Sadaam Hussein cam into power and killed off all his political rivals and then in 1980-1988 war at war with Iran. Two years later (1991) Iraq invaded Kuwait for NO apparent reason which resulted in the Gulf war. Iraq attacked Israel even though Israel was not involved in the hostilities.
Iraq supported, financially and logisMtically, terrorist organizations against Israel and openly admitted it while his own people were starving.

So basically Iraq was in a perpetual offensive war against just about everyone right up to 2003.

I love it how you always present your informaton in a manner, which makes anything Islamic or Muslim extremly BAD, in order to make a better picture of Israel. That is like, if you have two mass murderers, and you are trying to convince people, that the one you are defending had killed "just" 12 people, not 13! Actually I know why you are doing that - and you know too. But that is another story. I think we might have gone a little bit off topic here, and I hate to play yet another game of table tennis with you, since it usually never ends. Ah, what the hell.

Saddam Hussein: Taking Out the CIA's Trash
Regime Change: How the CIA put Saddam's Party in Power
Saddam Hussein: America's man in Iraq
Exclusive: Saddam Was key in early CIA plot
Ronnie & Saddam
Saddam Hussein: Made in the USA
Reagan’s WMD Connection to Saddam Hussein
"We Create These Monsters And When It's Not Convenient We Cover Them Up"
How Reagan Armed Saddam with Chemical Weapons

Just a "Few" stories that might interest - not you - but general public, that reads this posts here. I already know what you think you know. And you probably know too, what I am trying to tell people here. Saddam was a puppet of the West, and when they did not need him anymore, they got rid of him quickly; because for them it is best, if he is hanging from a tree.

Case Closed.

Iran:
I can only refer to the current regime (the Islamic regime). The Islamic revolution occurred in 1979, - 52 American embassy employees were held hostages for 444 days against international law. 4 million refugees escaped the islamic regime out of fear. 1980-1988 Iran was at war with Iraq. All the while Iran supported any Islamic group who attacked Israel even though Israel was never at war with Iran.
After Khomeini's death Iran seemed to ease off its extremism (although always retained it war stance against Israel - who was never at war with Iran).
Iran supported Islamic fighters wherever they existed (Afghanistan against the Soviets, Lebanon against Israel, France and the US, Sudan and now financing Syria's army.

But have you asked yourself WHY? Why did the Islamic Revolution occur? I think not, because yet again that is not your job here, is it? Well I shall answer for you, since you already presented your position very poorly in the first place.

Secrets of History: The CIA in Iran

The Central Intelligence Agency's secret history of its covert operation to overthrow Iran's government in 1953 offers an inside look at how the agency stumbled into success, despite a series of mishaps that derailed its original plans. Written in 1954 by one of the coup's chief planners, the history details how United States and British officials plotted the military coup that returned the shah of Iran to power and toppled Iran's elected prime minister, an ardent nationalist.

The document shows that:

• Britain, fearful of Iran's plans to nationalize its oil industry, came up with the idea for the coup in 1952 and pressed the United States to mount a joint operation to remove the prime minister.
• The C.I.A. and S.I.S., the British intelligence service, handpicked Gen. Fazlollah Zahedi to succeed Prime Minister Mohammed Mossadegh and covertly funneled $5 million to General Zahedi's regime two days after the coup prevailed.
• Iranians working for the C.I.A. and posing as Communists harassed religious leaders and staged the bombing of one cleric's home in a campaign to turn the country's Islamic religious community against Mossadegh's government.
• The shah's cowardice nearly killed the C.I.A. operation. Fearful of risking his throne, the Shah repeatedly refused to sign C.I.A.-written royal decrees to change the government. The agency arranged for the shah's twin sister, Princess Ashraf Pahlevi, and Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf, the father of the Desert Storm commander, to act as intermediaries to try to keep him from wilting under pressure. He still fled the country just before the coup succeeded.

But I guess you already know that.

Want more?

The Secrets of CIA History in Iran Coup 1953

Anyway, that was standard CIA procedure in the Cold War, and they have overthrown ALOT of countries in bloody military Coup's, just to further install American influence in that area. So what does that do? Maybe certain people are not happy with that plan, so they become kind of Angry towards the entire West, which is always meddling with affairs of just about any country in the World. And what is the result? You guessed it; a Revolution!

Afghanistan:
A land full of warring tribes has been at war with each other for ages. 1933-1973 were actually the quietest times of Afghan history. After which again sectarian violence returned followed by the soviet invasion in the late 70s and more infighting after soviet withdraw following by the Taliban's brutally repressive regime.

Funny how you did not mention CIA here, since they were the key element in defeating Soviet Union in Afganistan. Funny how you did not mention Osama and other Islamic Radicals coming from Saudi Arabia, who came here to fight the Infidels, who came to Islamic Lands. Funny how you forgot to mention, that Al-Qaeda was the creation of CIA, which is the Arabic word for a "Database", a computer file, where they kept all the names of these Mujaheeden. Forgot that didn't you?

JUST CAUSE YOU DON"T SEE IT IN THE NEWS DOESN'T MEAN THAT THESE COUNTRIES ARE PEACEFUL.

JUST CAUSE YOU SEE IT, IT DOES NOT MEAN EVERYBODY DOES!

What you say here shows how little you know about Israel and the US. Had Israel OWNed Washington Jonathan Pollard would have been in Israel already, Israel would not have had to withdraw from any territory, Israel would not have sat quietly in the Gulf war (1991). Would not have to continue with the pretend world of 'dialog' with the Palestinians who, currently, have no true intention for peace with Israel.

AIPAC
Washington Institute for Near East Policy
JINSA
CAMERA
MEMRI
American Jewish Council

Just to name a few. And I am sure there are plenty more of them. So which one do you work for?

You just showed me how much you DON'T know. All NEWs agencies are slanted toward their own political agendas. The US and Europe have their own political tendencies and they are all biased towards one of the sides. That is the nature of the game. Maybe your NEWS sources are slanted toward one side rather than the other. Ever stopped to consider it????

This is all I can say to you:

IF AMERICANS KNEW

Furthermore;

The Illusion of Balance

During the six-month period studied, NPR reported the deaths of 62 Israelis and 51 Palestinians. While on the surface that may not appear to be hugely lopsided, during the same time period 77 Israelis and 148 Palestinians were killed in the conflict. That means there was an 81 percent likelihood that an Israeli death would be reported on NPR, but only a 34 percent likelihood that a Palestinian death would be.

Of the 30 Palestinian civilians under the age of 18 that were killed, six were reported on NPR--only 20 percent. By contrast, the network reported on 17 of the 19 Israeli minors who were killed, or 89 percent. While 61 percent of the young people killed in the region during the period studied were Palestinian, only 26 percent of those reported by NPR were. Apparently being a minor makes your death more newsworthy to NPR if you are Israeli, but less newsworthy if you are Palestinian.

So what does that tell you?

Please - I was not born Yesterday...

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Tells you everything - Aside from Australia, France, Germany, Portugal, Poland, Italy, England the US and maybe Hungary all the remaining nations are either backward or do not have access to free press. As a result, what the people say is basically useless.
Come on - Egypt? UAE? Nigeria? Lebanon? Indonesia? Brazil? Philippines? Turkey? Kenya? China?
What kind of poll is this.

What is the problem? Do those countries not deserve to have an opinion to be heard? After all they are a part of people living on this planet, and I wonder when it was the last time, that somebody asked Nigeria or Kenya what do they think about certain countries. BBC was just trying to pick a country from every continent to get a global picture - now if that is so hard to understand, maybe we should ask AIPAC what they think of Israel? And I think your opinion about those countries is very, very wrong - and also kind of racist. You think people of Nigeria do not know what is going on in the world?

What pisses me off is that the US saved Europe hide during WWII and provided a defensive umbrella from the Soviets afterwards and the gratitde of those people is nowhere in site.

And what pisses me off is that everybody thinks that US saved Europe, when in fact the only people who SAVED Europe, were the People of EUROPE; who actually did all the dying and the fighting. The second one, who can take credit for saving Europe is the Red Army, who started pushing back Z'Gehmanz and would sooner or later reach Berlin with or without Invasion of Normandy. My graditude is to the Yugoslav Partisans, who fought the German occupation from DAY ONE and were ready to give their lives for Freedom in my Country. And there were people like that All over Europe and THEY deserve ALL THE CREDIT!

Granted the situation in Iraq is grim. It is not the USs fault though. It is Muslims killing Muslims (Baathists, Sunni extremists, Shiite extremists and various local governments (Iran and Syria) pulling the strings to topple the Iraqi government and build an Iraq that suites their purposes).

No? It is not? Tell me, did Iraq ATTACK United States? Did Iraq demolish WTC on 9/11? Did Iraq attack Pentagon? Did Iraq demolish WTC in Oklahoma? Did Iraq attack Pearl Harbour maybe? Did Iraq have Weapons of Mass Destruction? Did Saddam has connections with Al-CIA-duh? What exactly was the real reason to go to Iraq? And Afganistan?

I say, give the US slack to handle the situation. Let the Nigerians, the Brazilians, the Egyptians and the Lebanese bitch and complain as much as they want.

Yeah - let them bitch and complain; while Israel and United States along with coalition will do the Occupying of Middle East for the rest of us, ey? That sounds like a plan! After all, you must defend US at all cost - they are your close buddies and allies right? And they always help you to veto out all the 66 UN resolutions against Israel.

[edit on 7/3/07 by Souljah]

Hang it up souljah I have butted heads with this blowhard before and arguing with him will get you nowhere fast.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Israel built itself by evicting (and still is) Palestinians from their homes and running rough shod over them and generally behaves like the self-righteous neighborhood bully. It is no mystery to me why they are not liked. The invasion of Lebanon last summer is a prime example. Sadly people like Judah, incapable of seeing the truth of the matter contribute to the problem by acting like their country can do no wrong.

Iran also has acted like a self-righteous neighborhood bully, interjecting itself into the affairs of other countries, and it has a ignorant, dangerous blowhard for president...we should commensurate.

America acts like the self-righteous neighborhood bully and runs rough shod over whoever gets in its way, it interjects itself into the affairs of other countries and threatens (and carries out) violence and like Iran we have an ignorant, dangerous blowhard for president, ...we really should commensurate.

Still Poll after poll has shown that the majority of the world loves America and Americans but it is the policies of our government which they hate.

Part of loving your country, which ever one it is, is the ability to see not only its strengths, but its faults as well, and still love it.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by grover]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Still Poll after poll has shown that the majority of the world loves America and Americans but it is the policies of our government which they hate.

Thank You for Explaining!

And to all true Patriots;

A REAL Patriot should protect His/Her country from ALL Enemies - Foreign AND DOMESTIC; and those domestic ones are Trickier to find and are usually more dangerous too.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
People won't get it though, willfully in the case of some and from ignorance in the case of others.

Those of us who oppose this administration's policies get the same sort of crap... we hate America, we blame America first, that we support our enemies and all that right wing talk radio bull hooey designed to drown out dissidence. It is pathetic and the antithesis to all that those who do it, claim to support.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Souljah,

You seem to beat around the issue every time with irrelevant arguements.

A- Afghanistan was a land of various warring tribes even before the US declared independance. My grandfather escaped from the what is now Uzbekistan through Afghanistan. He told me that he saw a gathering of people with children seated on their parents shoulders. There was a public execution were the 'highlight' was someone being put to death by being dunked in a boiling vat of tar. Real peaceful people.
B- Iran was far from a peace loving nation, they had their share of wars and aggressions against those who they termed 'outsiders' or non-Muslims. My ancestors lived in Mashad until one day Muslims decided to kill or convert all the jews (this occured in 1832) which forced them to move to Afghanistan and then Uzbekistan.
The US and the British were not the only parties involved in coop attempts in Iran or Iraq. The Germans (pre-WWII) and the Soviets were also heavily involved in these attempts for their own self interests. So don't try to lay the Blame on the US. Each one was out for themselves - this includes Iran.

C-Iraq: Granted Sadaam was supported by the US during the 80s. Iraq as a national was peaceful? Why would Iraq, miles away from Israel attack Israel in 3 different wars and support terrorist organizations dedicated to the destruction of Israel? Because they are peaceful right?

You tried to claim the the US is a warmongering nation while the Iraqis, Iranians and the Afghans were not. I painted a totally different story though. I showed you that the Afghans are a group of warring tribes, the Iranians and Iraqis although were never threatened by Israel supported a relentless campaign of violence against Israel and had a long history of violence.
I am not saying that everything Muslim is bad like you make out the US and Israel to be the epitome of all evil. All I am saying is that the US and Israel react to actions to suit their interest like all other nations. Fact is that the US and Israel have a higher civil liberty rating that Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan. This generally means that it is a good thing that the US has the power it does. Because if Iran, Iraq or Afghanistan had the power the US has -- GOD HELP US ALL.

[edit on 8/3/07 by JudahMaccabbi]

[edit on 8/3/07 by JudahMaccabbi]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Grover,

Israel built itself by evicting (and still is) Palestinians from their homes and running rough shod over them and generally behaves like the self-righteous neighborhood bully. It is no mystery to me why they are not liked. The invasion of Lebanon last summer is a prime example. Sadly people like Judah, incapable of seeing the truth of the matter contribute to the problem by acting like their country can do no wrong.

When you pull your head out of the sand long enough to actually see the truth, you will be speaking differently.
The Palestinians would have never had lost anything if they accepted the Partition plan. They rejected it outright and attacked the Jews in 'Palestine' with the assistance of 5 Arab armies. Had they have been peaceful, as some of the deluded individuals on this forum think, and would not have resorted to violence, Israel would have been smaller and there would have been no Palestinian refugees.
What do you think would have happened if Israel would have lost the war of 1948?

Regarding Lebanon - Didn't that start because some armed group on Lebanese territory supported by a dictatorial regime and an extremist theocracy attacked Israel on its own territory kileld and kidnapped border patrolmen? Isn't that illegal?
You make it sound like Israel attacked Lebanon because PM Olmert had a bad day in the stock market so he decided to kill some Lebanese children.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
You just don't get it do you Juddah? It is not how YOU view Israel or Iran or the United States, or even the realities... it's how the rest of the world views Israel, Iran and the United States.

In the world of public opinion reality rarely has impact, it is all perception and in the wars of perception, Israel lost a long time ago, Iran is really sticking its foot in it and the United States has totally squandered the good will and sympathy it had after 9/11.

The one thing all three nations have in common is that their global behavior has made them all look like petulant bullies, unworthy of respect or trust. And none of them, the United States, Israel or Iran seem to care because none of them have done anything of late that would make anyone else change their opinions.

To suggest that the rest of the world is ignorant like you have, simply because they disagree with how you see things is also pretty stupid.

The Palestinians had lived there for a thousand years why should they have submitted to a partition that they did not want? AND it is a matter of historical record that the Israeli's were no innocents in the war of partition either, they attacked and terrorized both the British and the Palestinians, sacking villages and forcing people off their land, just like they are doing today with that wall.

I rest my case.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It really doesn't matter Israel will be extinct by the end of the century.

The Palestinians both in Israel and the west bank and Gaza are out breeding the Jewish population and it is just a matter of time (if Israel really is a democracy) before the Israeli Palestinians outnumber the Jews in both population and representation in government. Then eventually the state will merge with the west bank, forming what should have been there all along, a joint Palestinian state with a mixed, Jewish, Christian and Muslim/Arab heritage.

If either side had any brains they would be working for this right now and save some bloodshed but NOOO... both sides are exactly as YHWH described them...a thick necked (aka bull headed) people.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

FACT: Iran is working on a military nuclear program. They are an extremist Shiite regime who have vocalized their ambitions to annhilate another country and support illegal organizations to provoke regional conflicts. Only the US has the BALLS to deal with Iran and nearly none other of those questioned in that poll.

"Let me tell me [sic] what is the most important thing, the sweetest fruit of the war in Lebanon: It is that now they don't just hate Israel. Thanks to us, they now also hate all those Feinschmecker Jews in Paris, London, New York, Frankfurt and Montreal, in all their holes. At last they hate all these nice Yids, who say they are different from us, that they are not Israeli thugs, that they are different Jews, clean and decent. Soon their palaces will be smeared with the slogan: Yids, go to Palestine! And you know what? They will go to Palestine because they will have no other choice! All this is a bonus we received from the Lebanese war. Tell me, wasn't it worth it?" -Ariel Sharon

"I vow that if I was just an Israeli civilian and I met a Palestinian I would burn him and I would make him suffer before killing him. With one hit I've killed 750 Palestinians (in Rafah in 1956). I wanted to encourage my soldiers by raping Arabic girls as the Palestinian women is a slave for Jews, and we do whatever we want to her and nobody tells us what we shall do but we tell others what they shall do." Ariel Sharon

“Even today I am willing to volunteer to do the dirty work for Israel, to kill as many Arabs as necessary, to deport them, to expel and burn them, to have everyone hate us, to pull the rug from underneath the feet of the Diaspora Jews, so that they will be forced to run to us crying. Even if it means blowing up one or two synagogues here and there, I don't care.” -Ariel Sharon

I don't know something called International Principles. I vow that I'll burn every Palestinian child (that) will be born in this area. The Palestinian woman and child is more dangerous than the man, because the Palestinian childs existence infers that generations will go on, but the man causes limited danger." -Ariel Sharon

"I don't mind if after the job is done you put me in front of a Nuremberg Trial and then jail me for life. Hang me if you want, as a war criminal. What you don't understand is that the dirty work of Zionism is not finished yet, far from it." -Ariel Sharon

"Sharon was a killer obsessed with hatred of Palestinians. I had promised Arafat that his people would not get any harm. Sharon, however, ignored this commitment entirely. Sharon's word is worth nil." Ambassador Philip Habib, President Ronald Reagan's Special Middle East Envoy in 1982.

Well then I guess they must have been taking notes from your PM.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Grover,I understand what you say regarding world public opinion. But, public opinion changes like the weather.
If I was a leader I would not make strategic decisions based on what someone thinks in Brazil (no offense to Brazilians). Israeli leader need to implement any tool in their hands to defend its civilians against the Palestinian militants who choose to kill civilians rather than attack the Israeli soldiers. If a fence is what is needed and it takes land from Palestinians SO BE IT.
We are talking about lives for livelihood (unless you think that Palestinian livelihood is more important than Israeli lives).

The Palestinians had lived there for a thousand years why should they have submitted to a partition that they did not want?

Jews lived there for thousands of years as well. Jerusalem was mostly Jewish, by the time of the Partition the land partitioned to the Jews was based on demographics of the area which was mostly Jewish. Most importantly is that the Jews had and have only ONE land where they can exercise sovereignty. The Arabs rejected the notion of Jewish sovereignty on what they perceived to be Arab or Islamic lands. Their greed led them to what is now termed the Nakba (the great catastrophe) in Arabic.

AND it is a matter of historical record that the Israeli's were no innocents in the war of partition either, they attacked and terrorized both the British and the Palestinians, sacking villages and forcing people off their land, just like they are doing today with that wall.

Granted, Israel kicked off their lands 40,000 Arabs in Lyddia and Ramle - That's 40,000 NOT 700,000 as the Arabs and their sympathizers claim.
When the 1948 war broke out and the Arabs realized that they are loosing the war they fled fearing that the Jews would behave to them much like the Arabs behave to their enemies (massacres, rape, looting) so they fled. It is a classical case of projection.

Regarding the wall (which is actually mostly a fence) I responded to that above.

The Palestinians both in Israel and the west bank and Gaza are out breeding the Jewish population and it is just a matter of time (if Israel really is a democracy) before the Israeli Palestinians outnumber the Jews in both population and representation in government. Then eventually the state will merge with the west bank, forming what should have been there all along, a joint Palestinian state with a mixed, Jewish, Christian and Muslim/Arab heritage.

Firstly, The Arabs in Israel comprise 20% of the population, many of which are quite supportive of Israel. The Palestinian Arabs (Gaza and West bank) are Palestinian Civilians and not Israeli civilians. Gaza was completely vacated of a Jewish presence, so why does Gaza need to be integrated into Israel?????? The Palestinian Authority governs the Palestinians and the Israeli government governs the Israelis. It is really quite simple! If the Mexicans in Mexico outnumber the USs population will Mexico and the US merge?????????????????
I know, it's the Arab propaganda machine in action - "Hell we couldn't annihilate them in 1948 so lets destroy the country demographically by instilling the idea of mass migration of Arabs from all over the middle east to Israel all in the concept of right-to-return and, in parallel create a country in the 1968 border where there will be NO Jews."

Now lets take the wild, pro-Arab stance and test it. If this was implemented - do you think that the Arab-Jewish conflict would stop or it would increase with sectarian violence like in Iraq between Shiites and Sunnis? If you have an ounce of common sense you would realize that it would be the cause of substantial violence. If you truly seek quiet so that the world opinion would improve you would actually support a two state solution.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

A- Afghanistan was a land of various warring tribes even before the US declared independance. My grandfather escaped from the what is now Uzbekistan through Afghanistan. He told me that he saw a gathering of people with children seated on their parents shoulders. There was a public execution were the 'highlight' was someone being put to death by being dunked in a boiling vat of tar. Real peaceful people.

Extremists are Everywhere Dude - but they do not represent the entire Nation; there is about 1% of extremists in almost every country, of every religion and every nationality. Even in Afganistan. And Israel. And Iran. And Iraq. And United States. And United Kingdon. And Slovenia. But are you going to judge the entire country on basis of their actions? Sometimes these extremists are in power, they are the government and they do represent the people - but we all know, that they do not speak for all of them, because the majority is a peace loving crowd, that does not want war, conflict, death and destruction.

B- Iran was far from a peace loving nation, they had their share of wars and aggressions against those who they termed 'outsiders' or non-Muslims. My ancestors lived in Mashad until one day Muslims decided to kill or convert all the jews (this occured in 1832) which forced them to move to Afghanistan and then Uzbekistan.

I am sure that they do not represent the majority of people living in Iran. As I said before - 1% is Extreme, and 99% are not. That goes for Muslims, Jews and Christians.

And what are those F-14 Tomcats doing in Iran? And lots of other American equipment, alongside with Cobra attack helicopters?

The US and the British were not the only parties involved in coop attempts in Iran or Iraq. The Germans (pre-WWII) and the Soviets were also heavily involved in these attempts for their own self interests. So don't try to lay the Blame on the US. Each one was out for themselves - this includes Iran.

As I recall, the entire Middle East was under British Empire once - and as I recall, they have also created the protectorate of Kuwait, which was actually once a part of Iraq; which is kind of like Kosovo is to Serbia if you know what I mean.

C-Iraq: Granted Sadaam was supported by the US during the 80s. Iraq as a national was peaceful? Why would Iraq, miles away from Israel attack Israel in 3 different wars and support terrorist organizations dedicated to the destruction of Israel? Because they are peaceful right?

I never said Saddam was peaceful - where did you see me write that? My entire point was, that Saddam could never have done, what he had without the support from West and Soviet Union. When he was gassing the Kurds, president Ronnie sent Rummy to Iraq, and we all saw the photos where he shook hands with Saddam. But that was not important at that time - what was important is, that Saddam was a puppet on a string, fighting the "Evile" Islamic Revolution in Iran - and he could have never fought them if he did not receive chemical agents from the West.

You tried to claim the the US is a warmongering nation while the Iraqis, Iranians and the Afghans were not. I painted a totally different story though. I showed you that the Afghans are a group of warring tribes, the Iranians and Iraqis although were never threatened by Israel supported a relentless campaign of violence against Israel and had a long history of violence.
I am not saying that everything Muslim is bad like you make out the US and Israel to be the epitome of all evil. All I am saying is that the US and Israel react to actions to suit their interest like all other nations. Fact is that the US and Israel have a higher civil liberty rating that Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan. This generally means that it is a good thing that the US has the power it does. Because if Iran, Iraq or Afghanistan had the power the US has -- GOD HELP US ALL.

US warmongering is beyond Iraq, Iran, Afganistan, Syria, Jordan, Egypt combined. If you did not notice, those countries did not send thousands of troops across the oceans to fight for their military and economic interests. America did that several times. Everywhere - South America, Africa, Asia, Middle East.

The point of this global poll is that People of this World, from EVERY continent fear warmongering nations - and the first four places go to Iran, Israel, United States and North Korea. Two of them want nuclear weapons - two of them will bomb them to stone age, if they get them. Which is not good for world peace no matter how you turn it. As I said before, the people of this World have spoken and you can not deny that - the results are in front of you.

And while we are talking about Israel, here is something for you to read:

Norman Finkelstein & Former Israeli Foreign Minister Shlomo Ben-Ami Debate

Today, relations between the Israeli government and Palestinian Authority are virtually nonexistent. Israel and the P.A. have not held final status peace talks in over five years. With the recent election of Hamas, Israel says it will cut off all ties to any Palestinian government that includes the group. After the election Israel withheld tax funds it collects on behalf of the Palestinian Authority. It finally transferred the funds but says any Hamas-led Palestinian government will get, quote, "not even one shekel." That's, well, a dime in the United States.

Meanwhile, the Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank continue to expand. The Israeli group Peace Now reported 12,000 new residents moved into West Bank settlements in 2005, 3,000 more than the total number removed as part of Israel's disengagement from the Gaza Strip, and construction continues in settlements located both inside and outside the route of Israel's separation barrier.

I strongly suggest you read this interview of one of Your foreign ministers.

People of Palestine are still living UNDER MILITARY OCCUPATION - or as UN evoy called it - Apartheid.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
You and some others claim that an interview done to 28,000 people out of 4.2 + Billion tell us that most of the world hates the United States...

I assume we are talking population of the world which is around 6.6 billion, maybe you subtracted those under 15 years of age?

And if we were able to poll 4.2+ billion people of that 6.6 billion, the result would turn in favour of the US being much liked?

I think you delude yourself Muaddib

I certainly wouldn't count on the Chinese and Muslim vote being favourable or most European Liberal countries.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Tell me Souljah,
when you say 1% are extremists, from what study did you pick-up that statistic? Is it based on something or just a hunch.

The numbers are actually much higher. In my book anyone who has confidence in OBL to deal with the west is an extremist. In 2006 there was a decline of Muslim support of OBL in Arab countries. The least support came from Jordan with 24%!!!!!! This is AFTER their country experienced a terrorist attack that killed Arabs and it therefore went down from 60% from 2005 - Source- see Page 26

If your county's media totally controls the media and tells you that Jews make Pastries out of gentile children's blood and they have a university professor describing the process - source would you believe him? Would I have a choice?

Are you know willing to admit that amongst totalitarian/theocratic regimes such as Syria, Saudi Arabia, Iran there is extremism? So extreme as to make Mujhadin fighters that are willing to kill children with no remorse just because their Imam fingered them as their enemies?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Tell me Souljah,
when you say 1% are extremists, from what study did you pick-up that statistic? Is it based on something or just a hunch.

Honestly - it is a Hunch, and usually my Hunch is 99% right.

And that is not just my opinion.

The numbers are actually much higher.

Funny how you try to put the higher numbers on Muslims only.

Why?

Are they some kind different then the rest of the World?

Idiots can be found ANYWHERE.

If your county's media totally controls the media and tells you that Jews make Pastries out of gentile children's blood and they have a university professor describing the process - source would you believe him? Would I have a choice?

My country has a very free media as far as foreign events are concerned, and if you would have read our top 3 newspapers and how they write articles about Middle East you would have understood what I am talking about. Of course all mainstream media are manipulating one way or another, but I can honestly say, that I have an entirely different picture of the situation in Israel then an American - and so do most of the countries in Europe.

Are you know willing to admit that amongst totalitarian/theocratic regimes such as Syria, Saudi Arabia, Iran there is extremism?

Of course there is Extremism.

Just as there is Extremism in Israel.

And United States.

And North Korea.

And China.

And Russia.

And Cuba.

EVERYWHERE.

Brainwashed people are everywhere.

Either brainwashed by Religion (which is the PERFECT weapon against the masses) - or brainwashed by Governments and their techniques of making the people afraid of something, they should not be.

It is a blessing to think with You own mind these days.

That is why you have Free Mind.

It is a Blessing and also a Curse.

Just as it is anything in this Life.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
"I vow that if I was just an Israeli civilian and I met a Palestinian I would burn him and I would make him suffer before killing him. With one hit I've killed 750 Palestinians (in Rafah in 1956). I wanted to encourage my soldiers by raping Arabic girls as the Palestinian women is a slave for Jews, and we do whatever we want to her and nobody tells us what we shall do but we tell others what they shall do." Ariel Sharon

They don't call Ariel Sharon "The Butcher" for no reason thats for sure. That vegetable has more blood on his hands than the majority of terrorists. I hope in his vegeatative state he suffers and when he dies I hope he suffers in hell some more. In his country he is a hero for just that reason. Killing arabs.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I don't wish anyone dead, not Saddam, not Sharon, not bush minor, none of them despite the evils any of them might have done... but Sharon and his career, indeed the career's of many of the older prime ministers, Begin, Rabin etc began with terrorizing both the Arabs, to get them off their lands, and the British, to prevent them from imposing the original partition which was far less than Israel became after it.

There is blood on both side's hands and neither the Palestinians nor the Jews, but the fact is the Zionists started moving back there and began (at first) buying land in the late 19th century, and at first both sides were okay with that until it became clear to the Palestinians that the Jews intended on carving a state out of the area.... an act by the way that was opposed by many Jewish religious leaders at the time... and the history of the area has gone down hill from there.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Jews, but the fact is the Zionists started moving back there and began (at first) buying land in the late 19th century, and at first both sides were okay with that until it became clear to the Palestinians that the Jews intended on carving a state out of the area.... an act by the way that was opposed by many Jewish religious leaders at the time... and the history of the area has gone down hill from there.

Had the ignorant farmers known that the title once turned over to the Jewish Agency (I'm pretty sure that was the organization in charge of purchasing land) had no intention of ever selling back land to an arab or ever have an arab work as labor on that land ever again, I doubt very much they would have been selling it to them. It was very deceptive. It also shows they had every intention from the very beginning that they were going to push the arabs out of there.

Imagine someone here drawing up a contract to purchase a house that had a clause in it that the house could never be resold to a Jewish person or a Black person and the entire neighborhood began doing the same thing. I think it would be obvious what the intent was at that point.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I know how Israelis, Americans and Arabs think.

You sound like God.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join