It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret science anti-gravity HOME experiment (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
hi iv done a few searches on ats and cant seem to find anything regarding this video, so if it has already been discussed i apoligise in advance.

you might find this experiment intresting (for those who do not already know) you can try this Levitation @ home with only a CELLULLAR PHONE and battery.

I happened to stumble across this on metacafe, however i have not gave it a shot yet to see if it ACTUALY works, but if anyone does happen to give it a shot, please post your results. (not that its gona be any different to what you watch in the video, but it would be good to here from a ATS user if the experiment is actualy achievable)
I made a previous post on the "aliens section on ATS" but it didnt seem to get much attention, so i thought i might leave it up to you GURU's in this section

www.metacafe.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It always helps if you read the context.

This is a magic trick by a professional magician (pay attention to the hand gestures... classic stage magic.) Pretty neat, but stage magic doesn't bend any laws of physics.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well, it's innovative to say the least.
And, I agree with Byrd.
His hands have a magicians presentation about them. ( my brother was an
amateur magician for a few years. I watched him practice hand gestures
for hours )

Just my 2 cent,
Lex

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hi,

Something identical

At least was entertaining.

brotherthebig.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The second one shows more clearly how the trick is done. Because it's done by someone who's not a stage magician, the movement of the card is clearly revealed to be something on monofilament type thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
The second one shows more clearly how the trick is done. Because it's done by someone who's not a stage magician, the movement of the card is clearly revealed to be something on monofilament type thread.

Just because he moves his hands like that does not mean he is a magician.
Alot of the videos on that site are made in the same manner just to teach you whats going on. And the movement is just how it should be if real imo.

Wish I had a phone to test

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
If you watch the video, the levitating card only moves in two dimensions, up, and toward/away from the camera.

If you've ever tried to levitate magnets, you know how hard it is to align the intended "floater". It wants to slide off and fall in any direction rather than stay balanced.

Yet this guy has absolutely NO trouble keeping the card from wobbling and flopping aside in an unintended direction . . . .

It looks superficially like an application of Coulomb's law, but the filmer invokes "Anti Gravity" instead.

IF this were so easily practice, just a few desktop items, you'd think I'd have inadvertant gravity-wells all over my desk, which is insanely cluttered. And I carry a cellphone everywhere, and AA batteries as well, how come this never happened in my pocket or briefcase.

If this was "zero gravity," wouldn't there be a small cloud of dust collect in the "g spot," as tiny particles in the air "fall" into the wieghtlessness area?

new topics

top topics

join