It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you die for your beliefs?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well would you?

If, lets say the answer to the big question(whether they are actually here or not)was on the back of a card, would you honestly stake your life on the belief
that you think you know its true? You would obviously have to die if you were wrong, so would you risk it?

I'd bet there's not one person alive that would do it.

I think this question only applies to the stout believers.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
every one has beliefs at different levels. if we are talking about aliens, i have not made my mind up on any of the alien issues, other than there are other life forms other than us.

are you just talking about aliens, or do you want to know if we would die for our other beliefs. plenty of people died for not taking back religious beliefs, it goes on every day. people in china get locked up for just carrying a bible, and probably some got excecuted.

so what beliefs are we talking about.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Does killing for my beliefs count?

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Here is what I believe this thread is going to die or maybe be moved, since it is not related to UFO's or Aliens.

Beliefs do change and would I die for mine? It all depends on the circumstances .

Ex

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I also am having a hard time understanding what you are asking
but I have mulled it over a bit and know there are a few things
I would die for!

1) If my families safety was in jeopardy.
I would put my life on the line
2) If my country was under attack
3) If someone asked me to deny My God

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
f, lets say the answer to the big question(whether they are actually here or not)was on the back of a card, would you honestly stake your life on the belief

oh he is asking us this, sorry for misreading. he is asking if aliens are here or not. if the answer was on the back of a card, would you bet your life that your belief is true, whether they are here or not.

not sure on that one. but at the end of the day, its 50-50 so you never know.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I meant the belief of aliens on or around this planet. Hence the reason for this post being in the ufo section and not the religious ones.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
My question is, because I don't understand, I would want to know, can you clarify, tell me this:

How big is the card?

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
"I would die many times so "You" can live".

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Here is what I believe this thread is going to die or maybe be moved, since it is not related to UFO's or Aliens.

Beliefs do change and would I die for mine? It all depends on the circumstances .

Exactly, the circumstances will only lead me to evaluate what beliefs to die for and to what criteria. However, when it comes to certain issues like family I would die for them. Or for my wife. Same stuff.

Perhaps this situation would provide clearance: If I had to choose between my life and saving millions I'd die because I believe one life in exchange of millions is worthy.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
A classic example of someone just reading the headline of the post and instantly giving a kneejerk response.

Considering my post was only six lines long, its quite ignorant not to have
at least read it before you replied.

Mod edit: unnecessary BIG quote

[edit on 2/14/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I read your intro...it made half sense? If the answer of existence was written on the back of a card would I die to see it? Just because of my beliefs..........Hell No
I could care less if aliens are here are not they give no progress to human life have they?

Would you die for it?

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I get the feeling that many have missed what im going on about here.

As i said in my first post that this probably only applies to people who have
a devout belief in ALIENS, not god as you have all assumed.

It was a test of faith so to speak to see if they would risk their lives for a chance to finally have it confirmed or not.

And to see how many of us really believe in aliens/ufos on this planet as much as we say we do.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
i think i understand but let me if im wrong. you are asking all the people here who claim to have genuine knowledge of ETs/reptillians/interdimensional beings and or experienced some form of contact if they would honestly bet their lives on being 100% honest?

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
homeskillet - he is asking us if we would bet our lifes on just the belief that aliens are here. we do not have to be a contactee, just to have the belief that they have come here.

then it is a religious belief you are asking us about. it would all depend on the circumstances of the person, does he have family to leave behind, or anyone. if a person was alone, maybe he would bet his life on just a belief.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Would you die for your beliefs

EXCELLENT question!

It is VERY easy for us to sit on our back-ends behind a computer screen and say 'oh yes, I believe so strongly and have such faith that I'd be willing to die for my beliefs/faith.'

But .. it's another thing to be able to be willing to die for your beliefs when a sword is at your throat, or at the throats of your children.

No one can be absolutely sure if they would truly be willing to die for their faith/beliefs .. until they are put to the test.

I like to think that I would be willing .. but one never really knows until one is completely put to the test. And Christ told us to pray not to be put to the test.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Yes, and I would also Live for them.

(Mods, sometimes, a one-liner just states the case--sorry
)

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
No.

Im asking people who have no knowledge, experience or contact with any otherworldly lifeform. Just people who personally believe to the point that no doubt would ever spring to mind of their (aliens) existence.

If someone said they had the knowledge either way, that they had concrete proof whether aliens existed or not, then put a gun to your head and said
"If you say they exist and they dont, we will shoot you. Or if you say aliens dont exist and they do, we will kill you.

How strong would your belief be?

[edit on 14-2-2007 by thesneakiod]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm agnostic, so I don't really have any strong beliefs worth dying for...

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Well would you?

that you think you know its true? You would obviously have to die if you were wrong, so would you risk it?

Would you be ready to meet my fight for threatening my life for my beliefs and die??
This is my answer!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join