It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory-God, Aliens & the End Times

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Tea

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
  1. God=Aliens;
  2. Jesus=An alien left behind to nurture the race and used as an example to enforce belief;
  3. Bible=Purely human retrospective of certain events. Endorsed by the aliens as a guidebook to protect the planet and its inhabitants;
  4. End Times=The end of the world via forces of nature (accelerated by human activity [Bible warned of excesses]), not divine wrath;
  5. Rapture=Alien reseeding of the planet.

Please comment without attacking me. I'm posting this as a matter of curiosity.

EDIT-I'm an atheist. It may be a mistake to add this, but posters should know my personal perspective. I'm certain it will bring out the worst in some people.

[edit on 1/11/2007 by Tea]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I submit that this thread is a prime example as to the need for a split in the Aliens forum.

Scientific Study of Aliens and UFOs

and

Theology of Aliens and UFOs

EDIT:

To not be a troll I will do myself the honor of agreeing with you, if only in part. I do believe that the ancient men may have had contact with an alien race and did in fact worship them as Gods.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
it's too easy to just claim the aliens as god-- and that brings up the question, who is the god of them? according to your theory aliens are god, but who is the god that created them?

for all we know we're just cosmic turds off the bottom of a 36 dimensional goat

Tea

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Well
it's too easy to just claim the aliens as god-- and that brings up the question, who is the god of them? according to your theory aliens are god, but who is the god that created them?

I'm not claiming anything. This is merely a theory I mulled over my morning espresso.

As an atheist, I could buy it a lot easier than I can other explanations. Holy ghosts, et al, just don't do it for me.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
oh cool another atheist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please read this thread about 1-liners

[edit on 11/1/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
WRONG

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Its as plausible as any 2000 year old stories of men walking on water and such, so I give kudos...

Don't mind the others around here flaming you... its not the most original thought though and has been explored quite a bit around here with many thought provoking discoveries to back such theories, but alas, religious convictions run deep in some...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Well

They are "god" by misconception, not reality. Therefore the aliens are probably intelligent enough to not make the same mistake, but who knows?

Naaaaaaaa Naaaaaaa

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I agree with your view it makes sense to me personally, I am not saying I believe this is true no question I just accept it is like alot of things not impossible. I dont know what I am, an Athesit, Catholic or what, at the end of the day the supreme being you realise will recognise your worship whether its through following Catholocism, Islam, Buddhism, Protestantism, Rastafarianism or Atheism cause if they are so [b
great then why would it be preached to people to worship them. I see myself as a "Catholic", I dont go too church, havent been to confession in 8 years and none of this looks like its going to change. I think people can express their thoughts to "God" in a much more personal and private way without offending him.

Exactly

[edit on 11-1-2007 by marcopolo]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
My favorite tea is thistletea. Whats yours?

Tea

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterJedi... its not the most original thought though and has been explored quite a bit around here...

Damn. I did a search, but didn't turn up anything. I apologize for the redundancy and the lack of originality.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I apologize for the redundancy and the lack of originality.

You dont need to apologize to anyone. you havent done anything wrong like being rude

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm sorry I wasn't trying to be rude at all... just informing him that there is a plethora of information on this subject... He seemed genuinely curious about the topic...Please don't misinterpret me as meaning to be anything other than helpful...

Tea

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
No offense taken. I did try to search for this topic. Perhaps I should have extended the search further back than I did. The mods can kill this thread if they like.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yeah there are a lot of reference materials that allude to such... mostly are of debatable reputations... Try Sitchin, Childress, Von Danikin etc... Its all inconclusive... but are very entertaining and thought provoking reads...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
I submit that this thread is a prime example as to the need for a split in the Aliens forum.

Scientific Study of Aliens and UFOs

and

Theology of Aliens and UFOs

EDIT:

To not be a troll I will do myself the honor of agreeing with you, if only in part. I do believe that the ancient men may have had contact with an alien race and did in fact worship them as Gods.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by HankMcCoy]

Excellent contribution. I believe the moderators and Springer need to create this immediately. There is a huge divide between the two- and both are equal in their own right, just for different people and for different times of growth.

And I hope OP's scenario is wrong- I like the world, even though it's in need of a lot of work (understatement). And yes, I believe we (most religions that are older than 100 years) as a people have associated a need for spiritual enlightenment with the fact that ancient people were visited by aliens and confused them to be Gods and most religions are a mish-mosh of all this stuff. Aliens aren't gods, they're just aliens. There's no mystery behind that one. There's really no mystery at all. It's all pretty straight-forward.

Aliens coming here thousands of years ago would be like you going back into kindergarden and ruling the playground. That's how I look at it anyway. Advancement is their only feather in their hat. Aside from that, what else do they have? Not much. They still have their wars, their crimes, their insanities.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by jaguarmike]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I'm sorry I wasn't trying to be rude at all... just informing him that there is a plethora of information on this subject... He seemed genuinely curious about the topic...Please don't misinterpret me as meaning to be anything other than helpful...

Sorry mate. sometimes different people read into things in a different manner than others, and I would like to apologise for making that mistake.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Tea

Please comment without attacking me. I'm posting this as a matter of curiosity.

I along with a few other folks here appreciate you starting the thread out that way. I respect the fact that you are an athiest and you are right.. admitting to such has a tendency to bring out the worst in people but when you set the stage as you did I don't see why that has to be the case.

I'm a devout Christian so we definitely will not agree on this but here is my angle.

Ps 145:3 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is UNSEARCHABLE.

Ro 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how UNSEARCHABLE are his judgments, and HIS WAYS PAST FINDING OUT!

I just don't understand why man can't accept this simple principle that there are some things that we will simply not figure out.

I'm open minded about aliens and I wonder where they fit into the great scheme of things but one thing I'm certain of.. they are not 'god'. There might be some manifestations of God that we 'perceive' as alien but who can say for sure.

Isa 57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Isa 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is NO God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

I love mystery and have no problems with anyone trying to push the fringe of our understanding but I also understand that there are boundaries that we will never cross in this lifetime. Man's mind simply can NOT get itself around infinity so we are left to make a choice with what evidence that the Lord has decided to leave behind. It's up to you to choose what you want to believe but you either believe in God, the God of Isaac, Moses and Abraham or you don't. Spritiually there is no in between except for the grace God has extended you so that you may have time to choose. This gets even deeper but don't forget, Jesus was God in the flesh..the One who temporarily 'shed' his infinite Self to walk among us and save us from our sin. Jesus is God's calling card so any 'god' that does not proclaim Jesus as his son is not the 'god' you want to be believing in. Only one God came and died for us and you know who that was.

One of the most amazing scriptures I have ever read:

1co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

This says so many things about mystery. It basically says that we have no idea what is hidden away from us and we are not going to find it out unless we Love God.. and to Love God you have to choose Him.

What if what the Bible says is true.. that this life is but a vapor and we have eternity ahead of us.. God just said that we have no idea what He has stored away for us.. but only if we love Him and in order to love Him we have to choose Him.

I stopped looking to the world along time ago for these answer and turned to the Bible. My life has been alot simpler since. I'm fascinated with aliens and I will always wonder what is really going on as far as they are concerned but I will trust in God to what I'm supposed to know when I'm supposed to know it but my eyes will always be turned towards Him while I am seeking these answers.

My two cents for now.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
God = Kingdom is within you
Aliens as Gods = Creatures who have engendered the kingdom within and travel time space. (Our kingdom within may be different than theirs.)
Rapture = Dying before the # hits the fan. (Last shall be first - New Orleans slums)
Jesus = Son of man.
End times = Catastrophic nature of earth cycles - cycles of death and rebirth reflected in the macro.
Bible = Really good poetry.

................or...............

God = Discovering kingdom within paradoxically by loving God more than self and all else.
Aliens = Interdimensional creatures who've always been here.
Rapture = Knowing better than to be degraded and drawn into final orgie of destruction.
Bible = Guide book as given by Higher Powers
Jesus = Linked to God force of universe
End times = God's avenging all the from which injustice every one has ever been forsaken.

Ah - We just don't know, let's go get a taco.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Jesus nor God is an Alien. What the hell...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join