It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hermetic Order of The Golden Dawn

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Crowley wasn't a Mason. You can find some scoundrels listed in the records, but Crowley wasn't one -- and he'd have laughed at their rituals. He wanted power, not social frummery.

Son of Sam is a very very very delusional young man who maintained that his dog gave him secret messages. The dog's name was Sam (yes, he thought he was the spiritual son of that dog) and it lived a very canine life before and after SoS.

Crowley loved dramatics and theatrics, and the secretive Masons wouldn't have been very satisfying for him. The OTO and Golden Dawn were much more public and dramatic and gave him all sorts of soul-satisfying excuses to be famous and public.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Crowley wasn't a Mason. You can find some scoundrels listed in the records, but Crowley wasn't one -- and he'd have laughed at their rituals. He wanted power, not social frummery.

Son of Sam is a very very very delusional young man who maintained that his dog gave him secret messages. The dog's name was Sam (yes, he thought he was the spiritual son of that dog) and it lived a very canine life before and after SoS.

Crowley loved dramatics and theatrics, and the secretive Masons wouldn't have been very satisfying for him. The OTO and Golden Dawn were much more public and dramatic and gave him all sorts of soul-satisfying excuses to be famous and public.

Actually, if you read my post again, you will note that Crowley has claimed this himself, and it has never been publically denied.
The second reference was from the NY Times and NOT the Son of Sam himself.

I state again that he was.

But rather than argue, suppose he was not then. Why was he so aligned with a great many members who were confirmed high-level masons if he was such a "scoundrel"? Would the elite not have seen through such a charade?

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
He was considered a scoundel by other high-ranking masons becuase he flaunted their procedures and exposed secrets and rituals publicly.
His fantastic dedication to individualism allowed him to take what he wanted from "secret societies", leave the rest and move quicker and cleaner through the ranks than others.
He was considered a sexual deviant a la the Marqui De Sade...I respect that. He believed in braking his "mind forged manacles" (quote from Blake) by any means necessary. Drugs, magick, sex, physical trials, yoga, eastern meditation...whatever it took for him to set himself free.

You are all absolutely free...like Aleister.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   

[edit on 15-9-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   
When you are an acknowledge satanist then you are almost instantly a high ranking mason.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Some pretty amusing insight on Crowley at Rotten.com:

www....-------------------------/library/bio/religion/aleister-crowley/

Also links to the whole bevy of infamous Freemasons: Other than Adam Weishaupt, my favorite Masonic "Gents" that used the club for more than just smokers were Aleister Crowley (Satan's Golden Dawn), Jack Parsons (Self styled Anti-christ and Rocket Scientist), L. Ron Hubbard (Scientology Guru), Joseph Smith (Church of Mormon), Albert Pike (founded Ku Klux Klan) and Jesse Helms (all around bastard).

Crowley, I get. Mostly a jokester pranking the world. If anyone really believes the path to power is sperm communion and heroic hits of heroin... I say more power to ya.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
??did not A Crowley...deviate from Hermetics

create his own brand of energy manipluations..

then descend into a murky whirlpool of confusion
with his unique majikal numberology cryptomazes??
~~XX~~

what ya'll know about the nazi(orean) cult stuff,
& the top nazi leadership being immersed in the
'eternal Ice & Fire' cycles...cult??
~~XX~~
Spielberg, "Raiders ot Lost Ark' fame, gave some attention to the nazi occult connection in his film...

but, no connection with illuminati (of post ww2)
OTHER than the BOWELS OF SMITHSONIAN Museum..??
if you infer...imply....a continuance of leadership in occult(isms) ??

~~++~~

afraid the A Crowley angle is a dead-end, for myself...

i favor the Hermeticism associated with Franz Bardon

which, i feel, is dis-associated from the illuminati cults
or even the Crowley type adventurers...

...enjoy your journey(s)

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
When you are an acknowledge satanist then you are almost instantly a high ranking mason.

Aaaaahh...there you had to add your bit of disinformation, didn't you?

I think that's a very interesting topic we got there. I learn lots of new stuff, I didn't even knew the Golden Dawn was formed by Rosicrucian members. Nor did I knew that Albert Pike founded the KKK.

As there been any link between the masonic and rosicrucian society?

[Edited on 13-12-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
As there been any link between the masonic and rosicrucian society?

Hope the information I sent you helped. Yes, there is a link, several, in fact.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Soothsayer

Yes, thanks a lot for it man, it'll be very handy.

Wich "organisation" do you think is older, Freemasons or Rosicrucians?

Let's say that the Knight Templar were not really ancester of any of those.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Golden Dawn

There are many interesting reads in the Archives.

Just because someone has a problem with Christianity dosen't mean the are "evil". All religion is based on Ancient Wisdom, and teachers come down from time to time to remind us what it is. aka.. Jesus, Buddah,Hermes, Maitreyia....etc

You can make anything "evil".

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Aliester Crowley received his 33 degree unofficially, and the rite was lead by a guy who wasn't even a mason I have heared. His diploma is even fake, or rather, it was stolen or bought from a member of the lodge who had left the masons and forged in Crowleys name. This is what I have heared anyway. Can anyone confirm this?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
the orgone/deadlyorgone/chi/kundalini/prana/vril/aura/soul/ghost/holyghost/spirit/reality/dream issue is probably relevent.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Billybob are you saying that the holy ghost (that I never recieved) in my pentacostal religion is the same spirit as all these other religions?

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Forget the OTO and Crowley. They fell into "Black Magic". Their 'sexual magic' will awaken the Kundalini alright, but it will NEGATIVELY.

Thus black magick dictated the state religion and parylized the intellectual and spiritual activities of the individual. The Pharo became a puppet in the hands of the Scarlett Council- a committy of archsorcerers elevated to power by the priesthood.

These sorcerers than began the systematic destruction of all keys to the ancient wisdom, so that none might have access to the knowledge necessary to reach adeptship without first becoming one of thier order.- Manley P. Hall The Secret Teachings of All The Ages

Anyhow, I thought black magik Satanist were in charge of the world.

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by TgSoe]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
Billybob are you saying that the holy ghost (that I never recieved) in my pentacostal religion is the same spirit as all these other religions?

The Spirit is the same, but the message may not be the same. The different religions of the world are basically different systems for interpreting the same Spirit. You have the Jew with his Mazzaroth and his Torah who interpret in this way, while a Hindu with his Veda and Bhagavad Gita interpret and understands it totally different. The Spirit is the same, but understanding differs.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Which "organisation" do you think is older, Freemasons or Rosicrucians?

The Rosicrucian Order goes back much further. According to the Rosicrucian legend, the order began with one Christian Rosenkreuz, born in 1378 in Germany. Beginning in 1393, he visited Damascus, Egypt, and Morocco where he sat under the masters of the occult arts. Upon his return to Germany, he began in 1407 the Rosicrucian Order with three monks from the cloister in which he had been raised. He also erected the House of the Holy Spirit (the Spiritus Sanctum) which was completed in 1409. The original group was enlarged to eight. Christian Rosenkreuz died in 1484 (at the age of 106) and was entombed in the Spiritus Sanctum. Knowledge of his tomb was lost, but it was rediscovered in 1604. its opening led to the spread of the Order anew.

The Freemasons began as members of craft guilds who united into lodges in England in the early 1700's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join