It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel got me thinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The History channel had UFO/Alien stuff on, about all day. They had a thing about the Rosewell incident. Basically saying how it was a ballon of some type. They talked about the weird designs on it and how it was just the tape they used to put this ballon tigether. Now, they say this was a major top secret project, these ballons detected radiation from half way around the world or something. They say the launched the ballon and the tracking device quit working, so they just considered it lost !?!?! Why wouldnt they go looking for it, something as TOP SECRET as this ballon was supposed to be, you would think they would want to find it. Now this makes it sound like a cover up of some sort, maybe it was a UFO.
Also, the guy who found the "balloon", now wouldnt you call someone besides the cops first, or try to keep a piece of this? IT just seems like the guy wasnt that interested. Like maybe he just found a balloon.
WHat I am trying to say is that this particular show seemed to contradict itself. These shows never ask the questions I want to know the answers to.
Another show talked about some guy that saw 3 aliens get out of a UFO, right in front of him, dig in the ground for some dirt, then leave!! Other people say they saw the UFO. Now did anyone look for those holes in the ground? This UFO stuff drives me nuts. Another thing. WHy don't they ever show the whole video of UFO sightings. In the real good videos you see the "thing" floating there but never see it leave. They always cut the tape before you see the final results of the UFO.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
All these UFO documentary shows skip around some of the evidence in some way or another. A lot of times they just keep the camera on a skeptic who will never believe no matter what evidence is presented.

The best evidence for the Roswell incident not being a balloon is contained on the website below:

www.roswellproof.com...

Although not a balloon, the evidence presented on this site still does not come out and have any wording of "extraterrestrial" on it, but there is no reason to not think it was given the cover up.

And then of course you have at least a few retired government personnel saying it was a real extraterrestrial craft crash event. Even astronauts Gordon Cooper and Dr. Edgar Mitchell say it was though they weren't actually there to see it.

IMO, its no longer a mystery. Though the UFO documentary shows will leave it as such indefinitely.

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I don't think the question is if aliens crash-landed at Roswell, or even if they were forced down. The question is what happened afterwards. Any ideas?

DE

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Ive been through that website before. I find it amazing how they come up with some of those words on that memo. Its even more amazing how they come up with the words that would be hidden by his hand, and on the other side of the fold. I didnt know us humans had X-Ray vision! There could have been a million reasons why the government swept something of that nature under the rug. One of those million reasons is that it was a UFO coverup. What Im saying is there is a 1 in a million chance that was the case. You all saw and made fun of that declassified document about terrorism on the northpole. It was posted earlier today. Goes to show that not everything that was blacked out on your top secret government documents is necesarily a freeking alien. Aliens may exist. Someone needs to get some real proof that they are coming here.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Ive been through that website before. I find it amazing how they come up with some of those words on that memo. Its even more amazing how they come up with the words that would be hidden by his hand, and on the other side of the fold. I didnt know us humans had X-Ray vision! There could have been a million reasons why the government swept something of that nature under the rug. One of those million reasons is that it was a UFO coverup. What Im saying is there is a 1 in a million chance that was the case. You all saw and made fun of that declassified document about terrorism on the northpole. It was posted earlier today. Goes to show that not everything that was blacked out on your top secret government documents is necesarily a freeking alien. Aliens may exist. Someone needs to get some real proof that they are coming here.
The main lines of contention on that memo are very visible and you can decipher them fairly easily yourself. The methodology for the deciphering on the site is sound as well. There's not a lot that the words could be other than what was found.

The first 24 hours of the Roswell incident involved the military telling the press that they had recovered a flying saucer and then repealing the info. That answer would be on the very top of the 1 million possibilities you think there could be as a result. The memo further connects this belief. Proof of cover up of a UFO exists in this case. The information on extraterrestrial involvement would simply be a matter of getting such info out of the government. Though despite this evidence that the cover up exists, we will likely never get that out of them, which invariably leads to the conclusion that there is something more to hide.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone

Originally posted by Seapeople
The main lines of contention on that memo are very visible and you can decipher them fairly easily yourself. The methodology for the deciphering on the site is sound as well. There's not a lot that the words could be other than what was found.

The first 24 hours of the Roswell incident involved the military telling the press that they had recovered a flying saucer and then repealing the info. That answer would be on the very top of the 1 million possibilities you think there could be as a result. The memo further connects this belief. Proof of cover up of a UFO exists in this case. The information on extraterrestrial involvement would simply be a matter of getting such info out of the government. Though despite this evidence that the cover up exists, we will likely never get that out of them, which invariably leads to the conclusion that there is something more to hide.

The main lines of that memo have very FEW words that can be visualised. Those words are the easy ones, the, an, of, with few other exceptions. If you take away there neat little writings over the words and try to decifer it yourself without the helpful hints that they so conveniently give you, it would be impossible.

It is clear to me that psycologist's are right. When people want to believe something so much, they can actualy see things that are not there. If you want proof of alien life forms visiting the earth (If it actually occurs). I suggest people start looking in places other than the government. You will never find it there, if they know something you dont, then they are obviously very good at hiding it. Look places that you can prove things.

[Edited on 11/29/2003 by Seapeople]

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   
did you know they took all what was left of what ever it was to the only nuclear weapons base in world at the time, most heavlily guarded place on planet at time was the atomic weapons base were the USA held a few atom bombs at the ready, then they moved it of in b52 to other base, pretty weird thing to do for a ballon or whatever else they said it was supposed to be.

Also people back then tended to beleive what Goverment shoved down their throats they took word for word, not like now days we know they lie to us...

didnt the military say they caught a flying disc, and then all a sudden it went HUSH HUSH, and they said opps daisy its a ballon hmm how the hell can some one look at something an say its a flying disc and not know its a ballon, CAUSE ITS A COVER UP, and what they really got was a FLYING DISC, and they rushed to cover it all up, an hush it up with threats etc etc to ppl that saw it.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I did my own little experiment a while back.

A message board I used to frequent was full of great photoshoppers, none of them had seen or heard of teh Ramy memo, I sent them all a bmp of the high res one on the site and asked them to do all they could to read the words.

Many couldnt even start, others wanting to get something out of it transcribed many different words, none of which had been transcribed on the site.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
My other half is always struck by the "childrens coffin" piece of the story. She thinks that we only worry about burial out of our instinct to honor the sanctity of humanity. Thus...a dead animal is put in the ground but a dead person is put in a coffin. She thinks it's possible that these were human clone experiments in the craft. When it went wrong, they were put in caskets out of respect. I'm thinking this while I'm watching the roswell show yesterday. They're talking about these anthropomorphic (sp?) crash dummies that they put in body bags and on stretchers. Who the hell would treat the dummies like people? It just doesn't add up to me for some reason.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
speaking of those dummies...
how does the government say the alien bodies people claim to have seen were just test dummies when that project did not begin until several years after the Roswell incident?

that was mentioned in one of the History Channel shows...but thats all...just mentioned...its like they just bought that BS story even though it could not have been true

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dusty
The History channel had UFO/Alien stuff on, about all day. They had a thing about the Rosewell incident. Basically saying how it was a ballon of some type. They talked about the weird designs on it and how it was just the tape they used to put this ballon tigether. Now, they say this was a major top secret project, these ballons detected radiation from half way around the world or something. They say the launched the ballon and the tracking device quit working, so they just considered it lost !?!?! Why wouldnt they go looking for it, something as TOP SECRET as this ballon was supposed to be, you would think they would want to find it. Now this makes it sound like a cover up of some sort, maybe it was a UFO.
Also, the guy who found the "balloon", now wouldnt you call someone besides the cops first, or try to keep a piece of this? IT just seems like the guy wasnt that interested. Like maybe he just found a balloon.
WHat I am trying to say is that this particular show seemed to contradict itself. These shows never ask the questions I want to know the answers to.

I have seen this documentary several times, I must say glancing off the subject, the music they use when showing all the books on Roswell is good, anyone know what its called?

But I must say in retrospect it does leave a lot of questions unanswered.

But replying to why didnt they go looking for the tracking device broke if it was top secret...Well why waste many man hours looking for it if it was broken?

The people that would have to go looking for it would have to be CIA, Secret Service agents who would look very suspicious wandering round desert for something. Better to ignore it and pretend it never happened dont you think? By the time someone finds it, maybe years from it being launched, the device will have rusted or be obsolete to have no use to anyone.

The guy who found the balloon probably did the right thing calling the cops, as I have read many a UFO case whereby the witness has gone to the press and when others like FBI, Police get invoved they say the witness was out to make himself famous or a bit of money and discredit the story.

I mean the thing was a balloon, hardly a stealth fighter is it! I am not surprised he wasnt interested though. Its hard to say why he didnt keep a bit of it, and I can only think he thought it was nothing, and the best thing was to call the cops. You have to think if he did keep the thing and the FBI found it he would be in trouble under a law for keeping US Government property.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
[Edited on 2-12-2003 by Dusty]

new topics

top topics

join