It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Do Not Need God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salem

Originally posted by xenongod
Negative energy is all that I can feel in this thread...attacking people of faith is total evil. You are persecuting the people of faith with this thread..which is work of Satan and his dominions. Without God..you are nothing..plain and simple. Explain this: Where did you and this world we live in come from then? It is too perfect to be a random occurance...get real...scientists even have proven there is a Creator...a God...and he has worked miracles upon this earth. There is no hope for you.

He never attacked any one what's the matter ?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by �any
If the Christians can preach, then damn it, so can I.

You do not need God

That's all fine and Dandy if YOU don't need God, but I do, and for others who believe what's the big deal? If you can achieve what you want here on earth then that's GREAT......I just have Faith/Hope for a better life/future.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Xenongod, I stated that I have done MORE THAN attack people of the Christian faith on this board.
Which means that I have done many other things besides questioning Christian doctrine on this forum.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by glan

You do not need God

That's all fine and Dandy if YOU don't need God, but I do, and for others who believe what's the big deal? If you can achieve what you want here on earth then that's GREAT......I just have Faith/Hope for a better life/future.

Well that's fine, I don't think you do though.
I believe you can achieve great things without believing in God and accrediting him to all your successes.
I'd guess you'd call this pride.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
do you beleive in God at all?

Jesus?

Satan?

How about after life? What are your belifes?

Just curious

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   

do you beleive in God at all?

Jesus?

Satan?

How about after life? What are your belifes?

Just curious

Hmm, my beliefs.
Well, I'm not sure what I believe really, I wouldn't say that I believe anything 100%.
IThe only thing I do believe is that we are tied to this planet and that after we die, we stay tied to this planet and are reincarnated.
If there really is a god, then all I ask for is some real, undeniable, tangible proof that it exists and that it is benevolant.
But I know that is impossible because the type of proof I would be given wouldn't convince me.
I believe in aliens, but I'm not sure what their purpose is, I have a theory that they created the religions to keep us all as slaves to them and that the "rapture" will actually be a mass voluntary alien abduction, but I can't prove this.
I believe in the strength of the human spirit, without having the need to accredit everything to god.
It annoys me a little when I see people who have gone through very troubling times accredit their strength to god instead of themselves.
It's like they believe they are weak without god and I don't see that as healthy.
So yeah, you just got a 100% unsure for an answer heheh.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You do not need God

That's correct; I do not need god.

I know several people that do need god. Without the thought of god, some people lose that necessary comfort that allows them to function happily. I'm not sure why that is, but to each his own, I suppose.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'll be back to this topic later, I have some IRL things to do, don't take my absence as some form of avoidence, I'll gladly debate till the cows come home.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is the only thing I'm going to say, and I hope that it does not offend you guys. If it does then I appoligize in advance.

It's very easy NOT to believe in GOD, everyday people are persecuted because of GOD.

Not believing in God is exactly what Satan wants.
Not believing ='s work of satan.

I think the strong beleive, and the weak don't.

I think religions (MAN MADE) give God's word a bad name. And that reason alone people turn away from him.

You guys have great Thanks Giving.
Oh yeah one more thing GOOOOO MIAMI

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I will say it again... Satan is a man-made fictional character (made up in the time of the zoroastrian religion and introduced into judaism at a later time).

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   

This is the only thing I'm going to say, and I hope that it does not offend you guys. If it does then I appoligize in advance.

It's very easy NOT to believe in GOD, everyday people are persecuted because of GOD.

Not believing in God is exactly what Satan wants.
Not believing ='s work of satan.

I think the strong beleive, and the weak don't.

I think religions (MAN MADE) give God's word a bad name. And that reason alone people turn away from him.

You guys have great Thanks Giving.
Oh yeah one more thing GOOOOO MIAMI

Well I argue that it's the opposite. Can you prove me wrong?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
"we stay tied to this planet and are reincarnated.
If there really is a god, then all I ask for is some real, undeniable, tangible proof that it exists and that it is benevolant."

Question.
You seek "undeniable, tangible proof that it exists and that it is benevolant"...first, I'm assuming that"it" is refering to God?
Second: You want undeniable, tangible "proof" that GOD exists and that GOD is benevolant but yet you believe in something such as "reincarnation?
Dany.........got any "undeniable, tangible proof" for reincarnation?

BTW: just what is defined as "undeniable, tangible 'proof'"? Are you asking God to tap you on the shoulder or whisper in your ear that God is real? Are you asking that God appear before you......yet, you want undeniable, tangible "proof"......do you even have any idea the amount of people throughout history who have said the same thing and have gone away with no answer?
Here's a little story:
A man was sitting on a bench oneday and asked that God speak to him. At that moment a thunderclap was heard, but the man did not hear it.
The man then asked that God show Himself to him. At that moment, the man looked up and saw a rainbow in the sky, but the man did not see it.
Out of desperation, the man yelled and asked that God just touch him and he would believe. At that moment, a butterfly landed on his shoulder, but again, the man did not feel It's presence.

You ask for "proof", yet perception denys you from seeing the obvious. But on top of that, you assert a belief in something that is just as intangible as asking for "undeniable, tangible proof" that God exists.....
Think about it.

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I believe this entire topic smells of arse.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   

You do not need God, you, and you alone are the sole generator of all of your strength, fear, Love, Hate, achievements, failures and so on. Respect yourself and show respect to others because they are your equals and neither are they lesser than any fictitious being.
You do not need the bribery of Heaven, or the threat of Hell to be a good person, if either of these things is the only reason you do not act like a bad person then you are a shallow individual.
The world you live on is your home, you are not going away from it, you will come back to it when you die and be reborn as another life form upon it. The idea that you will "escape" is a destructive idea that leads to not respecting your surroundings.

I will not kneel.
I will not acknowledge.

I couldn't agree more!
Nice post!
I have enough faith in myself that I don't need a god. I am the most powerful being in my reality.

Well I'm glad that there is at least one Christian who truly holds to the "judge not" way of life.
I disagree with your beliefs, but as a human being I accept you also.

I don't believe the majority of xians who claim this, though. Most of them say they don't judge, but most of them are hypocrites, who will disprove themselves soon enough, without even noticing. I've seen it time and time again. It's the baptists that really piss me off. They don't even pretend not to condemn you to hell.

[Edited on 11-27-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
"we stay tied to this planet and are reincarnated.
If there really is a god, then all I ask for is some real, undeniable, tangible proof that it exists and that it is benevolant."

Question.
You seek "undeniable, tangible proof that it exists and that it is benevolant"...first, I'm assuming that"it" is refering to God?
Second: You want undeniable, tangible "proof" that GOD exists and that GOD is benevolant but yet you believe in something such as "reincarnation?
Dany.........got any "undeniable, tangible proof" for reincarnation?

BTW: just what is defined as "undeniable, tangible 'proof'"? Are you asking God to tap you on the shoulder or whisper in your ear that God is real? Are you asking that God appear before you......yet, you want undeniable, tangible "proof"......do you even have any idea the amount of people throughout history who have said the same thing and have gone away with no answer?
Here's a little story:
A man was sitting on a bench oneday and asked that God speak to him. At that moment a thunderclap was heard, but the man did not hear it.
The man then asked that God show Himself to him. At that moment, the man looked up and saw a rainbow in the sky, but the man did not see it.
Out of desperation, the man yelled and asked that God just touch him and he would believe. At that moment, a butterfly landed on his shoulder, but again, the man did not feel It's presence.

You ask for "proof", yet perception denys you from seeing the obvious. But on top of that, you assert a belief in something that is just as intangible as asking for "undeniable, tangible proof" that God exists.....
Think about it.

regards
seekerof

My belief in reincarnation goes beyond what happens to a "soul".
Our bodies replace themselves completely every 7 years or so. We use bits of matter that have come from other living organisms to do this.
Planarian worms can eat each other and take the memories of the consumed creature.
We are all made of matter, matter is created from and returns to energy, this is how I believe in reincarnation.

And like I said, the type of evidence required for me to believe in God does not and never can exist, to be quite honest, I don't feel as though I'm missing out, in fact, I feel strengthened for my belief in myself rather than a belief in a fictional character.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ph�l
I believe this entire topic smells of arse.

Hahaa, I knew you couldn't keep away.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
"fictional character"

Really? Why? Because you haven't been provided "proof" for? After reading this entire thread, I have come to the conclusion that no matter the amount of "proof" or evidences given, you will continue on the path that you are currently on. Your mind-set confirms this. Correct? If you answer yes, then why do you insist on requiring "proofs"?

Reincarnation.....because a worm dictates so? Every 7 years? Really?
Are you Buddist? Hindu?
I can respect that, the question is do you respect others beliefs?

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Dany,
If you dont believe then fine but you arent going to change the minds of those who do. Stick to your beliefs and others will stick to theres. There isnt really a need to get in another week long post of why we believe what we do and why others shouldnt believe in what they do. I believe in God and Jesus and so forth and so on and I am really happy for you if you dont if that is what makes you the happiest, I wish you didnt believe in the way you do but being that I cant change your mind does make me happy in a sense that you have you beliefs too. It doesnt change who you are nor does my beliefs change who I am as a person.....I still the same ol me.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
"fictional character"

Really? Why? Because you haven't been provided "proof" for? After reading this entire thread, I have come to the conclusion that no matter the amount of "proof" or evidences given, you will continue on the path that you are currently on. Your mind-set confirms this. Correct? If you answer yes, then why do you insist on requiring "proofs"?

Reincarnation.....because a worm dictates so? Every 7 years? Really?
Are you Buddist? Hindu?
I can respect that, the question is do you respect others beliefs?

regards
seekerof

I respect others beliefs if those beliefs are respetful of others.
If those beliefs in some way teach people to look down on those that are different then I see no reason to respect those beliefs.
My beliefs carry no label, they are mine and mine alone.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DipSchnit
Dany,
If you dont believe then fine but you arent going to change the minds of those who do. Stick to your beliefs and others will stick to theres. There isnt really a need to get in another week long post of why we believe what we do and why others shouldnt believe in what they do. I believe in God and Jesus and so forth and so on and I am really happy for you if you dont if that is what makes you the happiest, I wish you didnt believe in the way you do but being that I cant change your mind does make me happy in a sense that you have you beliefs too. It doesnt change who you are nor does my beliefs change who I am as a person.....I still the same ol me.

Did I ever once say in this thread that you should not believe what you have chosen to believe?
Did I?
No.
Believe what you want, but I do not see the need to worship a fictional character when you carry all the power that you accredit to it within yourself, that is all.

As an aside, I have an example here of what it is that pisses me off.

Negative energy is all that I can feel in this thread...attacking people of faith is total evil. You are persecuting the people of faith with this thread..which is work of Satan and his dominions. Without God..you are nothing..plain and simple. Explain this: Where did you and this world we live in come from then? It is too perfect to be a random occurance...get real...scientists even have proven there is a Creator...a God...and he has worked miracles upon this earth. There is no hope for you.

THIS IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE!

There is no negativity from me in this thread, only positivity. I believe people are able to function witohut the idea of god in their heads.
I do not know how everything came into creation but there is nothing that says that God created it all outside of the Bibe, so why should I believe that?
I would far rather find out what really happened than believe somebody else's word on the subject.

Edit: Also, can you show me where scientists have proven that there is a creator?

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by �any]

Now, can anyone see where I got my answer to this question?

I can't.

Looks like it's been avoided to me.

Oh no wait, here it is:

Dany...Dany...you are attacking everyone...total negative energy....maybe you should go burn that energy off and go for a run. Watch the sun come up...take a deep breath...maybe ten or more of them...breath....damn....and tell me that you should not be thankful that a "higher power" is responsible for you existance...and everything around you...everything...just say "thanks"...it is Thanksgiving you know. Are you are holiday freak or what?

Why is it so hard to get a simple answer?

This too:

Originally posted by THENEO
LOL!

Listen to the hypocrites.

I know two things that all you existential lovers don't know.

One: the big flush is coming.

Two: you will have to choose sides and what you choose will have a hugh bearing on your existance to come for a long time.

Where do you know this from and if I have to choose then I choose MY side, MY rules. I choose to protect my family, my friends and everything I Love.
I choose not to follow those who want power, for the desire of control corrupts.

Where is THENEO's answer to this question?

Avoided or ignored, again, how can I respect that?

I try my very best to come up with answers to questions on my beliefs yet it seems that some people here lack the courage of their convictions.

Oh and Seekerof:

"Every 7 years? Really?" - Seekerof

I think it's every 7 years, but we replace some of ourselves all the time, what do you think eating, breathing and drinking is?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join