It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Do Not Need God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well put John.

I admit, it does get to me when there are people out in the street shoving leaflets in your face telling you that you'll be damned for eternity if you don't follow whatever religion they want money for.
I've found that Hare Krishnas are the main purveyors of this in my neck of the woods.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'm all for people believing in whatever it may be that keeps them happy through life, but I too get annoyed when people shove their religion in my face. I don't need to be preached to about how I should live my life. I personally don't believe in God, this is my life and I'll live it however I please. Hopefully being the best person I can be. If I make mistakes along the way, I'll learn from them but I sure as hell won't live in fear of them for the thought of whether God may or may not approve or judge me for how I live my life1

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Why is the topic strictly aimed at "Christians"....has no one read nor understood that Islam is just as forth coming of its beliefs as Christianity? Why is there even discussion of difference? Does God -- the ALL -- represent division and separation? Does God equate to diversity? I think not.
Beliefs are just that: beliefs.
I see no indications of "tolerance" here, by anyone.
People can and shall continually state their own beliefs, whether they be popular beliefs or individually created.
The ALL does not speak of diversity and division. The ALL speaks and embodies LOVE and tolerance. The ALL is simply defined and is the ALL.
The ALL requires no belief because it simply is and has been since before the creation of such notions of "religion", "belief", "faith", "doctrine", "worship", etc.
Does God need you to worship Him? No. God, a Deity or Entity, has no needs. ALL that IS is exactly that: ALL that IS. It therefore wants, or lacks, nothing....by definition alone. If anyone chooses to believe in a God who somehow needs something, and will have such hurt feelings if He doesn't get it that He punishes those from whom He expected to recieve it, then you choose to believe in a god smaller than God. God requires no worship, has no needs, and requires nothing. God desires Love and tolerance.

If you are upset or tired of hearing anothers beliefs, then show tolerance and abstain from contradiction and argument. We must be tolerant of what each of us believe, correct?

The continued bickering only reflects the further and confirmed fact that many misunderstand the purpose, character, and nature of God -- the ALL.
God has no choosen "religion".....for each of us are apart of Him....God represents ALL, not one, not a group, not a percentage of the population. True understanding and tolerance allows each of us to experience God, the ALL, as He truly designed this all to be. God is not about separation, diversity, religions, etc. God is about Love and tolerance and more than Man's mind will itself to understand.

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by �any

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Hey, why don't you just walk back out of the forum if you don't like it? It's not as if your presence makes the blindest bit of difference here.
By the way, I'm sure that as a moderator you're not supposed to go around attacking the people who post on this board, instead, I'm pretty sure that you're supposed to be setting the example.

I couldn't agree more �any, I think his pit-bull-ying style he's developed in the Mud Pit has spilled out onto the rest of the board. Everywhere I see his posts lately all I see is agression. Personally I think it's a disgrace that he's a Super Mod, he certainly doesn't set an example. He doesn't swear like me (like he pointed out on another thread) but he's one big ass bully.

Oh...and I'll beat you to it. It's a good job it ain't up to me then isn't it?
Saved you the trouble of posting a similar hilariously # joke now.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Seekerof, that is exactly what I was trying say. Just that God representing All would go beyond and specific Religion. Whether it be Eastern, Western, New or Old.

I didn't mean to come across as if I was condeming any Religion or Praising another....Just using examples in a bad way I guess....

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
hey Dany, check this out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and while your at it, STFU!

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Why is the topic strictly aimed at "Christians"....has no one read nor understood that Islam is just as forth coming of its beliefs as Christianity? Why is there even discussion of difference? Does God -- the ALL -- represent division and separation? Does God equate to diversity? I think not.
Beliefs are just that: beliefs.
I see no indications of "tolerance" here, by anyone.
People can and shall continually state their own beliefs, whether they be popular beliefs or individually created.
The ALL does not speak of diversity and division. The ALL speaks and embodies LOVE and tolerance. The ALL is simply defined and is the ALL.
The ALL requires no belief because it simply is and has been since before the creation of such notions of "religion", "belief", "faith", "doctrine", "worship", etc.
Does God need you to worship Him? No. God, a Deity or Entity, has no needs. ALL that IS is exactly that: ALL that IS. It therefore wants, or lacks, nothing....by definition alone. If anyone chooses to believe in a God who somehow needs something, and will have such hurt feelings if He doesn't get it that He punishes those from whom He expected to recieve it, then you choose to believe in a god smaller than God. God requires no worship, has no needs, and requires nothing. God desires Love and tolerance.

If you are upset or tired of hearing anothers beliefs, then show tolerance and abstain from contradiction and argument. We must be tolerant of what each of us believe, correct?

The continued bickering only reflects the further and confirmed fact that many misunderstand the purpose, character, and nature of God -- the ALL.
God has no choosen "religion".....for each of us are apart of Him....God represents ALL, not one, not a group, not a percentage of the population. True understanding and tolerance allows each of us to experience God, the ALL, as He truly designed this all to be. God is not about separation, diversity, religions, etc. God is about Love and tolerance and more than Man's mind will itself to understand.

regards
seekerof

It's not strictly aimed at anyone, if the shoe fits, wear it.
And you aren't listening, I'm not tired of hearing others beliefs, I'm tired of them avoiding and ignoring questions.

Why am I not allowed to post MY beliefs here then?
You speak of Love and Tolerance yet judge me for my beliefs and my decision at putting this topic here, that smacks of hypocrisy.
Take your own advice, if you don't like it, don't read it.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
LOL!

Listen to the hypocrites.

I know two things that all you existential lovers don't know.

One: the big flush is coming.

Two: you will have to choose sides and what you choose will have a hugh bearing on your existance to come for a long time.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows

Wow, your maturity is a great example.
Your wisdom surpasses that of many.

Man, sarcasm is too easy sometimes.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
LOL!

Two: you will have to choose sides and what you choose will have a hugh bearing on your existance to come for a long time.

How do you KNOW this? You don't KNOW #? You BELIEVE you do.

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by John Nada]

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   

LOL!

Where do you know this from and if I have to choose then I choose MY side, MY rules. I choose to protect my family, my friends and everything I Love.
I choose not to follow those who want power, for the desire of control corrupts.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
Negative energy is all that I can feel in this thread...attacking people of faith is total evil. You are persecuting the people of faith with this thread..which is work of Satan and his dominions. Without God..you are nothing..plain and simple. Explain this: Where did you and this world we live in come from then? It is too perfect to be a random occurance...get real...scientists even have proven there is a Creator...a God...and he has worked miracles upon this earth. There is no hope for you.

I do not agree with your reaction. First off, let's look at the history behind why Dany felt compelled to create this thread. This stems from another thread in which a Christian believer felt compelled to share his beliefs. In that thread there were some inappropriate responses (i.e. pretty much valueless hateful comments). And in that thread there has been a discussion about the fact that we all (irrespective of our belief systems) have the right to share our beliefs. Others have the right to not accept them...that's free moral agency.

I do not believe Dany is being hateful. I believe he is making a point. And his point is well taken by me. I absolutely am sincere when I say that I accept Dany and do not decrease his worth as a fellow child of God

I also believe that this thread is actually full of LESS negative energy than usually runs through the typical Religion/spirituality threads...don't believe me, spend some time looking at them!

Irrespective of your beliefs, we MUST learn to have tolerance of other's beliefs (even if doctrinally we feel they are wrong), and detatch our valuing of that person from their belief system.

THIS INABILITY THROUGHOUT HISTORY, REGARDLESS OF THE RELIGION INVOLVED HAS KILLED MORE PEOPLE IN THE NAME OF SOME GOD OR ANTI-GOD THAN I CARE TO THINK ABOUT.

Any anti-Christian person on this board needs to know I will remain firm in my beliefs. Any anti-Christian person on this board needs to know I will not pass up the chance to share my beliefs. Any anti-christian person on this board needs to know:

I STILL LOVE YOU IF YOU DON'T AGREE!

LOL!

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   

ok samaramorgueann,what ever you say.read my signature and # off!

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   

LOL!

Well said Neo...one side gets persecuted...while the other suppresses the idea of a "eternal life"...and that there is an end to all of this...and that end will tell all truths.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   

ok samaramorgueann,what ever you say.read my signature and # off!

HAHAHAH brilliant, absolutely classic.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Dany:
You said:
And you aren't listening, I'm not tired of hearing others beliefs, I'm tired of them avoiding and ignoring questions.

You speak of Love and Tolerance yet judge me for my beliefs and my decision at putting this topic here, that smacks of hypocrisy.
Take your own advice, if you don't like it, don't read it."

Well Dany....
Since you were allowed to state your "case" or your beliefs, this pretty much confined my "beliefs" and thoughts of this to: "I'm not listening"..... I'm judging you....and what I said constitutes "hypocrisy"?

In all good humor: Check this------->

No Dany, Love and Tolerance, for which you certainly LACK, would not have allowed you to throw your ill-founded facts and assertions around as you have been doing and continue to do! Thats straight and simply your own self-constituted Hypocrisy.

Peace and LOVE brother......

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think Dany has made excellent points. I beleive that organised Religion is not neccasarily a good thing. People need a reason to live and heaven gives them that reason. If people didn't have an afterlife to look forward to and a God to reward them then I think many would find life hard. I totally agree that we need to do good things becuase thats what is right to do not just becuase we a threatened by hell. We are all one. Religion divides more than it unites in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Dany:
You said:

Take your own advice, if you don't like it, don't read it."

Well Dany....
Since you were allowed to state your "case" or your beliefs, this pretty much confined my "beliefs" and thoughts of this to: "I'm not listening"..... I'm judging you....and what I said constitutes "hypocrisy"?

In all good humor: Check this------->

No Dany, Love and Tolerance, for which you certainly LACK, would not have allowed you to throw your ill-founded facts and assertions around as you have been doing and continue to do! Thats straight and simply your own self-constituted Hypocrisy.

Peace and LOVE brother......

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by Seekerof]

Yes, I certainly lack Love and tolerance, thankyou for showing me the error of my ways oh great one.

How about you come up with some reasons as to why my assertations and facts are ill-founded?

You certainly aren't listening with an open mind or "Love and tolerance" are you?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystra
that's like saying you don't need your parents. If it wasn't for them, you wouldn't be here.

I completely agree with you mystra. I am a full believer that God is our creator and savior. I go to mass every sunday, and all of the holy days, and i think that we ALL need him, some of us just dont know it yet.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sftprez

Originally posted by mystra
that's like saying you don't need your parents. If it wasn't for them, you wouldn't be here.

I completely agree with you mystra. I am a full believer that God is our creator and savior. I go to mass every sunday, and all of the holy days, and i think that we ALL need him, some of us just dont know it yet.

Well this here Seekerof isn't exactly tollerant posting on someones non-belief in God is it? Why aren't you having a go at this lot for not showing Love and Tolerance? I'm not disagreeing with what you said originally, I just think you're forgetting the door swings both ways. You believe in God so you have pointed out the weakness in the non-believer, not the believers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join