It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is it sin to love godmother's daughter?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

Originally posted by �any

Originally posted by CyberGhost
hey Helen, we have Orthodox Christianity here too

Personally if a Christian person came to me and said "You can't Love that person, it's a sin" I'd punch them in the face.
You may think you're helping, but seeing as I don't believe in your little god I don't, I just think you're interfering.

Dany, ever considered genetic interferences if say, you were to marry your sister???

incest is prohibited by christianity.....but this is not the case, SO WHY ARGUE??? ur point is uselesss in it's essence(assuming u have a point).
the 17yr sees his godmother's daughter is hot, he wants the girl....why not? it's fairly near the benchmark to the prohibited by the christian faith, but if he can get away with it then why the hell not.
oh...anther thing

am i right in assuming he's going to marry??

Cyrus

We're not talking about incest though are we so stop trying to change the argument to suit your little rant (by the way, your flamey smiley really scared me into thinking your way ).
Incest has its own reason for not being a good thing to do, deformed children.
But still, if I Loved someone I was related to and somebody else told me it was wrong then I'd still tell them to # off, I'll make my own mind up on what is right and wrong thankyou.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
-clicks the little ignore button under Helen's name due to getting incredibly tired of Christian dogma-

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 01:03 AM
link   
THEN WHY DO YOU BOTHER COMING IN THE RELIGIOUS FORUMS??????????????

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:05 AM
link   
STOP GODINCEST!!!!

lolololol

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
THEN WHY DO YOU BOTHER COMING IN THE RELIGIOUS FORUMS??????????????

I just had to read what you'd put after that so I did.
The reason I come to the religious forum is that there are more religions than Christianity.
I enjoy talking about some of them.

Christianity to me is a very, very silly religion. There are laws to do this, do that, don't do this, don't do that, in it that are there for no good reason.
Why exactly can you not have a relationship with an un-related "god"parent?
It's not like you're going to have deformed children from the union.
There is no law in nature that says you can't do it, so to me, it's a stupid rule, one of many stupid rules in Christianity that don't make sense.

I don't believe God should play a part in anything that human beings do, there is no reason to believe in a God that is involved with people, the strength that people attribute to God is their own.
People need to believe in themselves more and put less faith in fictitious characters.

The same goes for Islam and Judaism.

If you don't like what I have to say, like I don't like what you have to say, then just put me on ignore, like I'm going to do back to you.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Ok you dont believe in God so where did all the people

come from?

If from mokeys then where did monkeys come from?

Where did the universe come from?

Where did the earth come from?

Why are you alive?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

come from?

Why are you alive?

If you believe in God, where did God come from?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   

If you read Bible then you will know that God came from

nowhere!

He was there the whole time!

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   

nowhere!

So if I believe that people came from nowhere then I'm foolish but you believe that God came from nowhere is okay?
Hypocrite?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:05 AM
link   

come from?

Why are you alive?

hold up....hold up ruski.
the monkey theorem was proved wrong, we're not related to monkeys, it was a lie, a fraud *jumps up and down with excitement*

vizavi....we did come from god?? yes? well, you could say that.
im a catholic, i believe in god.
Cyrus

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
And they always end up in an argument about whether God exists or not...

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Golden Rule:

Love your neighbor as yourself

Do as you will - but harm no-one

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberGhost
i got a friend, his is 17, he has a godmother that has a daughter, and he loves her a lot! they are not blood relatives(as i know) or anything but in christianity i think it's a sin to like a godmother's daughter, i think it's wrong, i don't know what to tell him, any advices?

Abraham was married to his half-sister...

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I will offer only, as always, my OPINION in saying it simply seems to defy all human and spiritual morality for blood-relatives to 'couple.'
Although, I was under the impression that god-parents were generally appointed non-family as to afford a gaurdian in case of injury, death or such to children as per custodianship.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Man,

Hasn't it ever dawned on anyone that the bible has a lot of contradicitons? There's that one verse that says "Thou salt not parise me in public, but shall go into thine room and pray in private". Doesn't sunday mass violate this?!? I say if you love your sister, you can do whatever you want, but you have to be aware of the genetic consequences, and possible shunning.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

come from?

Why are you alive?

hold up....hold up ruski.
the monkey theorem was proved wrong, we're not related to monkeys, it was a lie, a fraud *jumps up and down with excitement*

vizavi....we did come from god?? yes? well, you could say that.
im a catholic, i believe in god.
Cyrus

Proved wrong where exactly?
It's not that we evolved FROM monkeys it's that we share the same ancestor, we just evolved differently.
Where was Darwin proved wrong?
Show me.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   

nowhere!

So if I believe that people came from nowhere then I'm foolish but you believe that God came from nowhere is okay?
Hypocrite?

you are a fool if you try to apply the same logic of humans to the "creation" or "existance" of god. god is most certainly not a man, not bound to our "laws" or "physics". being timeless is one of those perks.

[Edited on 22-11-2003 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer

nowhere!

Hypocrite?

you are a fool if you try to apply the same logic of humans to the "creation" or "existance" of god. god is most certainly not a man, not bound to our "laws" or "physics". being timeless is one of those perks.

Blah blah blah, read Genesis, God says we are akin to him now that we have eaten the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, onlt difference is we haven't eaten of the tree of immortality.
Strange really, how god keeps changing in the Bible, seems like people couldn't make up their mind what he was.
By the way, I don't believe in god, at all, so I'll apply whatever logic I like to a ficticious character thanks.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer

nowhere!

Hypocrite?

Oh just one more thing, why can I not apply logic to your god when the bible itself attempts to?
Calling him good/vengeful/benevolant etc, etc is trying to define your god in human terms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join