It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day I Died: Near Death Experience - Video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I just watched this excellent documentary on "Near Death Experiences", its well done and does try to always find a scientific explanation, but as you will see after watching the whole thing, that maybe NDE's do exist and the mind has carried on outside the brain after dying.

One account is amazing, a lady who has been blind since birth, explains that she does not see anything, unlike peoples perception that she would only see black, she says she does not see any colour, and only uses her four senses, but when she had her NDE, she saw her body, which frightened her as much as the initial shock of the NDE, as she had never seen any thing before.

Google Video Link

edit: Updated video at request of member

[edit on 18/3/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
On a side note.

Has anyone had a NDE themselves, or know of someone who has?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
On a side note.

Has anyone had a NDE themselves, or know of someone who has?

I haven't personally but I can vouch for my grandmothers account which was told vividly to me as a 15 year with an inquisitive mind.

She died on an operating table because of a aenethisist's miscalculation ( was having viericous vein op ) and all this was true. She then explained to me how she floated up to the ceiling and watched everyone frantically try and revive her and she recalled every word while she was in the room.

Then she was instantly in this room full of vivid colours and a relative ( who had died many years before ) comforted her and said "Eve its not you time to be here, you must go back". She then explained to me of what she saw in this room ( she called it that but didnt describe it as one ) and the one thing she repeated over and over to me was that " there are colours there that were so beautiful and that we dont have here with us".

Take it or leave but my GM is a very honest God fearing woman and who I would trust implicitely with anything.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Has anyone had a NDE themselves

Yes, you can click the text in my signature to read my story.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hi Kinglizard, i read your thread many months ago, whats interesting is you have quite a religious experience, in the documentary they take that in account, I'm dont think it was proven that it affected any NDE?

They say that 99% of people change after experiencing a NDE, for the better, taking a more spiritual, emphatic attitude, did you change?

kix

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I have had two oobe´s both semi intentional.... one of the main reasons I belive in the afterlife and the soul is because of those experiences....

cool thread...

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I enjoyed the vid quite a bit. I'm already a believer in life after death so they were preaching to the choir, still, very cool. Thanks for sharing it.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Thanks all for your comments and experiences.
Please if anyone has any more to share, that would be fantastic.

Skeptics, id love for you to watch the documentary first, as id like to see what explanation you give, they argue both sides well, but in some cases, not even the skeptic has an answer.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I had a NDE. Though, I must say, my feelings afterwards, are a bit different than most you hear of. When I died, I went willingly. I just.... seperated, from my body.

It was so wonderful.

You dont realize the full extent of how stressfull things are here, until you feel that peace. No words can describe it really. You truely feel as peacefull as a baby in the womb. No pain, physical or emotional. Really, I dont know how to describe it in words. I do know that it effected me greatly ever since. Miss it really, the peace that is. There is no way to gain that peace while you are alive, believe me I have tried.

I woke up in my body about 4 hours later, alone in my house.

My job wasnt done yet.

Now, 11 years later, I have a good life. A husband and 3 wonderful kids, and I am realizing why I needed to be here. I love life and absorb all the beauty in it I can. Though, back then I was not too pleased to come back, I am now. Life truely is short. And I recon I make the most out of it because I fully realize how short, and important it is. But I must say, things effect me differently. Hard times seem to just roll right off of me. I guess it is a lot easier to live through what ever life throws at you, when you know it is just temporary, and you know you are going to have peace later. On the other hand, I have found that I have less patience and empathy for certin things, but I try to keep that in check.

[edit on 18-12-2006 by mrsdudara]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the link!

I just watched the video. Excellent!

After reading hundreds of stories about NDE's, I'm a beleiver! I find the entire topic fascinating.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Mrs dudara.

You never were in hospital?
This all happened at home?

ATS'ers, keep them coming, every nde is interesting.

[edit on 18-12-2006 by Denied]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
well kinglizard I nevre knew, im soo busy but will check out your experiance over the christmass time, a time for reflecting, sometimes when I think back I get too excited and full of over the top enthusiasm making it hard for me to function in work life very well :-)

You have to read some of Moodies books it helped me stay sane as I tried to come back to reality after the event.

I dont really talk about it much but mentioned mine briefly in this thread:

ATS Thread on Angels

over 500,000 americans have reported it and been studied by both pyscholigists and some emminent pyschiatrists finding no abnormal or otherwise explainable reasons for them.

Regards

walk in light and LOVE ALWAYS (thats all ther really is :-))

Elf

[edit on 18-12-2006 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It was back in April of '99. I was clinically dead from septiceamia. I knew I was dying, because my body felt like it wasn't mine. I don't remember much about the doctors treatment to save me, but I remember finding myself in a living, perpetual light. I felt so alive in the light; although, I was frightened of it as well. I knew it was G-d's light and I think that is what scared me. I was given a choice to stay, or to come back. I was shown an incident, which did take place sometime after my NDE, which had I not returned would have meant several other people would have lost their lives had I chose to stay in the light.

The strange thing was it was my 'choice'. I had free will even in the light. I knew if I chose to stay, I wouldn't be judged and would be welcomed. I felt I had to come back.

Next thing, I found myself under the covers in a dark room with a light over me. Two sisters (nurses here in the UK) came to change me for the morque, as I was still fully clothed when I was classed as deceased. They had already told my husband to make the necessary arrangements, although we weren't married, but engaged at the time. (We were common law at that point, as I had told the doctors that we were engaged(my G.P.'S)

We got married int he August of that year anyway. It took me several months to pull myself together and the fire that broke out in our block of flats was within weeks of me coming out of hospital.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Two sisters (nurses here in the UK) came to change me for the morgue, as I was still fully clothed when I was classed as deceased

So what does your medical reports say?
Id love to see what the doctors wrote.

In the video i posted, there was a rich guy who had a NDE, he was told his talents could be put to better uses.
He practically gave away all his money, and now works for people who really need help.
He lives in the US or Canada, not sure, does anyone know him, of about him?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Mrs dudara.

You never were in hospital?
This all happened at home?

[edit on 18-12-2006 by Denied]

I was at home. I went to the Dr. a week later, he put me in the hospital where they ran a series of every kind of test you can think of.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I had a NDE in 1977 when I was seven years old. I think my case is an important one because of my age at the time. I had never heard of NDE's until years later when I was in my late teens and was shocked when I heard that other people had experienced the same thing and described exactly what had happened to me. I had never told anyone about the experience, and I must say it impacted the way I look at life in general. I tend to think that this experience is what makes the paranormal world so interesting to me.

This is my personal NDE account:

It was late evening and the sun had just set. Me and my family were at a clothing store that was about to close in a small downtown area. Bored, I asked my mother if me and my older brother could go outside to the empty grass lot across the street. She said we could go outside but DO NOT cross that street. Boys being boys, we crossed the street. Once on the other side, a feeling of guilt came over me for disobeying my mother and I told my brother I was going back in the store to ask again if it was okay. He told me I had better not because she would only say no again and get us both in big trouble. I said "well I'm going to ask," turned, and began to run back across the street without looking.

The last thing I remember was the headlights. I can still see them as if it happened 5 minutes ago. The next thing i remember was watching a strange scene happening on the ground from about 20 feet above the ground near the top of a light pole across the street. I had no idea who these people were crowding around a small figure laying on the side of the road. I watched with total detachment, I did not feel anything and was not concerned in the slightest to what was going on below. I felt complete peace. The next thing I remember was waking up on a stretcher as I was being placed in an ambulance. I asked my hysterical mother what was going on and she told me I had been hit by a car. I spent the next few days in and out of consciencnous in a hospital room. Years later, my mother was finaly able to talk about what happened that night. She has nightmares to this day about it. She told me how a crowd of people emptyed out of the store around me and I had no pulse.

I never saw angels or a tunnel of light or old friends. I was alone, but completely unafraid and at peace. I've heard other describe the warm feeling of being back in the womb, this is close. You feel warm, weightless and safe without a care in the world. Since this time, I've never had a fear of dying. Like most NDE experiencers, I know there is something more after we leave our body. I don't know what it is, but you don't die, just leave the body's 'shell.'

A few things I find interesting about the NDE, was that I was in a specific location, and had vision from a specific spot. I don't know if we are simply energy or what, but we are centralized into a spot and have vision as if looking from human eyes.

Could this have been a dream brought on by sudden trama? Maybe. But I was only seven then, and had never been exposed to any knowledge of NDE's back then as we didn't have a TV.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
My mom was giving birth to me and after I was born they almost lost her.

She remembers going up the ceiling and looking down at the doctors working on her. She remembers knowing that if she had looked up then she would have gone away from this world, so she focused on what the doctors were doing.

Eventually she returned to her body, the doctor told my dad they almost lost her.

I have known about this story ever since I was very young, before I ever knew about NDEs.

One of my favorite NDE books is Howard Storm's My Descent Into Death.

I would imagine that most people on here would like this book as well.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Super70, that's an interesting NDE, what kind of experience did you have coming back into your body?
Was it a painful experience, or do you not remember that part?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby
My mom was giving birth to me and after I was born they almost lost her.

She remembers going up the ceiling and looking down at the doctors working on her. She remembers knowing that if she had looked up then she would have gone away from this world, so she focused on what the doctors were doing.

Eventually she returned to her body, the doctor told my dad they almost lost her.

Could she recall what was said, by anyone while this was happening?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
While I was viewing the scene happening below, I never moved from that spot. I don't recall 'flying back into my body'. Just 'waking up' from the experience after my mother was screaming my name.

I feel there is no such thing as 'death', only a tranformation, or a 'reverting' back to what you really are, which is an eternal being. Once you step across that line, all the troubles of the world melt away instantly. So some might ask, "then why do we choose to be here and endure this life and all its struggles?" You only truly realize what a gift living here is until you leave. In simple terms, relax, don't worry so much, enjoy yourself, love others, everything is going to be just fine.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join